• Published 10th Apr 2012
  • 2,592 Views, 51 Comments

Pony Confessions - Flame6666



This is Dominick, Dominick works at a five star restaurant called, The Pony Palace.

  • ...
5
 51
 2,592

Chapter3: Lyra

Pony Confessions

Lyra

This is Dominick, Dominick works at a five star restaurant called, The Pony Palace. There, some of Equestria's most popular celebrities pop in to have a drink. Sometimes they share stories and even secrets, because as we all know, what the bartender hears is confidential, isn't it.



So I'm sitting there tending bar, when in walks somepony I haven't seen in a while, Lyra. Now Lyra's a really nice pony, but keeps to herself, doesn't talk much. One day she sits down and orders a Sourpuss on the rocks and she looks at me and says, "You know what I like about a Sourpuss?"

I say, "Do tell."

She says, "You can see exactly what made it."

I shook my head, "What do you mean?"

She picks up her glass and held it up to me and says, "You can see all the ingredients that go into making this. Just like most other things if you know where to look." She took a sip of the Sourpuss and then she had a very sad look on her face.

I had no idea what was going through her head, but I knew that she needed to talk about something. So being the bartender that I am, I lent a ear to her, "What to talk about it Lyra? Get it off your chest."

She looks at me and says, "No, you would just think I'm crazy like everypony else that I tell."

Then I says, "You would be surprised at how many others say the same thing and leave this bar feeling better."

"Fine." she says, "Have you ever heard about something called a human before?"

I shook my head. "No."

She waved a hoof and said, "Well that's not important. What is important however, is that their influence is in just about everything that we ponies use. From round door handles to most tools that we use, and from the biggest buildings all the way down to this simple glass cup. If we just look in the right places, in just the right way, then we can see that our entire civilization was built atop one that was much more advanced than we are."

"What makes you think that?" I asked her.

Miss Lyra robbed her face and sighed. Then continued saying, "It's staring us in the face, that's why! Just look at this cup, I need to use both of my hooves to lift it. Why not add a handle to it? It would make it so much easier to hold, yet there is no handle. It's as if this cup was made for dragons and griffins, or possibly for something else that has fingers, like a human."

I decided to humor her, "I see your point. But if it is true, the humans living here, then what happened to them?"

Then she said, "I'm... not one hundred percent sure... but Princess Luna knew about them! I ended up meeting her last Nightmare Night and I asked her about humans."

Princess Luna? That must have been before her little addiction. Anyway I asked her, "So, what did the Princess say?"

Then she just lost all will to continue, her shoulders went slack, her head hanged low, but she did mutter out what she wanted to say. "S-She said that humans are... foul beings and that our kingdom shall remain peaceful without their influence. She made humans sound like such evil creatures, but I know that that can't be true." She finished her Sourpuss after that.

"Do you want another Lyra?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No thanks, I need to be one hundred percent for the Gala tonight."

"Oh you're you going to the Grand Galloping Gala? You're one lucky mare to get a ticket for it."

"Actually... I was invited to play at the Gala, not the join the party."

"Invited to play your lyre? You really are a lucky mare, this can set you up for life, you can even meet Celestia and-"

She started yelling, "NO! I-I mean, no... I-I can't meet Princess Celestia. She knows."

"Knows what?" I ask her.

She took a deep breath, "She knows that I know about humans and that I'm about to uncover the truth behind them. If I meet her, I know that she will do something really, really bad to me."

"It's Celestia, what's the worst that can happen?" I said to her.

"She can send me to the Moon for starters." She pointed out.

Then I said, "Nah, I think Luna would do that before Celestia."

"What makes you say that?" She asked me.

So I told her, "If she ever ask you if you like bananas run, don't think, don't look back, run. Got that?"

"Uhm... sure."

"Good. Now then, I think you have nothing to worry about. Celestia won't send you to the Moon or anywhere else for that matter. Who knows, she might even confirm everything for you." I tells her.

Then she says, "Sorry, but I can't just believe that. She has been hiding the humans existences for who knows how long and now some random pony finds out so much about them, trying to uncover the secrets. Sorry, but there is no way that she won't do something to shut me up."

Then somepony walks up Lyra and says, "Miss, it's time to go. Don't want to be late for the Gala do you?"

Lyra looks at the new pony and say, "Right, I-I'll be there in a sec." Then the pony left and Lyra looked at me and said, "If you never hear of me again, then you know that something really bad happened to me, okay?"

I nodded to her, "Okay Lyra, if I never see you again I'll spread the word that Celestia has done something bad to you."

Then she nodded back, "Thank you." She got up and walked out of the bar and left. To this day she has never been seen anywhere in Equestria. So... I guess she was right about Celestia, who knew.

You see a lot of strange things as a bartender, see a lot of strange things at the Pony Palace. So I see a lot of strange things as a bartender, at the Pony Palace, and that ain't no lie, swear to it.



Authors Notes

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter and sorry if this isn't as funny as the last two. I was going to do something about Lyra X Bon Bon, but someone asked that I don't. So I took that as a challenge and this was the outcome.

Also a HUGE THANK YOU to JasonTheHuman for letting me use story bits from his story Anthropology. Seriously, THANK YOU.

And don't forget to vote for who will walk into the bar next.