• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 696 Views, 5 Comments

Tales From the Collaborations - The 8-Bit Flame Princess



A collection of short oneshots and drabbles from various prompt tag group collabs I have participated in.

  • ...
8
 5
 696

Heavy (Rarity/Applejack) (Human AU)

Author's Note:

Currently unpublished as of 29th June 2014.

First published here on 4th July 2014.

Jack grunted slightly as she lifted the heavy pile of wood onto her back, her muscles tensing and her red checkered shirt soaked with sweat. She wiped her forehead dry with one hand and started to lug the wood across the orchard. They'd just decided to put a new fence up around the outside to replace the shabby old one, and Applejack hopefully wanted production to be over by the end of the week. It was supposed to be especially hot and, although she loved her work, these were the days she just wished for a chair in the shade and a nice cold glass of apple cider.

Glad that she'd already put her toolbox under a tree the night before, Jack placed the wood down with a sigh, pausing to stretch and feel her muscles pop. She grinned at the familiar sound and grabbed her tools, ready to tear down the old fence and start putting up the new.

She spat on her hands and started to pull some of the wood apart, tossing it into a pile. Later they'd probably use it for a bonfire; the old wood wouldn't be much useful any other way.

Unbeknownst to her, she had gained a small audience of one as she worked, her undivided attention focused on not getting any splinters.

Rebecca stood under a tree, her lace parasol at her side and a glass of apple juice in one gloved hand. She made a stunning sight, her purple curls piled on top of her head in a way that looked both messy and tidy. Her usual extravagant clothing had been replaced with a simple white dress because of the heat. However, Rebecca, while usually a vain creature by nature, was entirely focused on Jack as the farm girl worked.

She was extremely drawn to the blonde for reasons she could not explain. They should have hated each other, because what else could they do? It was almost as if they were born with such different personalities they were destined to hate each other. But there was almost a hint of mutual respect between them, though she couldn't figure out why.

She should have hated Jack Adams. Instead, she found herself admiring the other girl's strength as she lifted wood up into the air and hammered it into the fresh earth.

She watched, unnoticed for a while, captivated by every move Jack made, every time her muscles could be seen flexing through her tight shirt.

Rebecca pondered on what a shame it was that Jack never wore a dress. She really would look quite nice - but then again, there was a sort of rustic charm to her usual apparel that Rebecca almost craved.

Finally, Jack turned towards her and noticed her casually leaning against the tree. Rebecca calmly took a sip of her apple juice, displeased with the fact that her ice cubes had melted so quickly, as Jack marched towards her. She placed it on a wide branch and made a mental note to come back for it later.

"May I help you?" she said, sounding vaguely frustrated. She hated being interrupted while working.

"I'm fine, thank you very much. I'm just simply observing you. Don't mind me." Rebecca smiled charmingly, licking her lips slightly.

Jack paused, finding herself drawn to Rebecca's luscious, full, red lips. She snapped out of it, shaking her head.

"Well, if yer not goin' t' offer a helping hand, then I'll just leave you to yer 'observing'," Jack said, strutting back to her work and lifting a particularly heavy piece of wood, her back straining with the wait.

"You're awfully strong, you know," Rebecca commented, her melodious voice a distraction for Jack. She sighed as she placed the wood down and leaned on it, accepting the fact that she was going to have to take a break for a while.

"I'm fit as a fiddle," she said offhandedly. "Listen, Rebecca, I gotta lot of work t' do today. I appreciate your support, but yer a bit of a distraction, to be frank with ya."

"A distraction?" She raised one eyebrow coyly. Jack swallowed.

Rebecca sashayed towards her, holding her parasol over their heads. "You know, I could help take some of that work off your delightfully strong shoulders," she said, leaning close.

Jack chuckled nervously. "I never figured you to be one for hard labour, Rebs."

Rebecca laughed, and to Jack it sounded like chiming bells. She placed one gloved hand on her shoulder and smiled charmingly.

"Not that kind of burden, darling."

Rebecca leaned forward just a tiny bit more and brushed her lips against Jack's sensually, surprised when the other girl gave a throaty moan and pulled their bodies together.

Jack hadn't realised how much she'd needed this until now. She supposed it was good to occasionally get a friend to take the burden off your back sometimes.