• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,074 Views, 27 Comments

2 mares and a filly go to the moon - zxcvzxcv1221



Luna, Pinkie, Scootaloo, and Vinyl learn about a new kind of friendship while on the moon.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,074

When the hay do they go to the moon?

Chapter 4:

Scootaloo woke up on the park bench and hopped onto the ground gleefully. Probably because it was the day of her first birthday party. Not first as in she's one year old, but first as in this is physically the first birthday party she's ever had.

"I can't wait for my party tonight!" She exclaimed as she put her newspaper bedspread in her new box, and laid it next to the chair leg. She feasted on a breakfast of leftover McDash's she found in the garbage, licking the salt out of the bottom of the fry pouches and biting off the cheese that stuck to the inside of the burger wrappers. She looked on top of her head and found the cupcake that Pinkie Pie gave her last night.

"I never gave this back to the present lady. I'll have to do that at my party," she said to herself. Having nothing to do until the party, she pranced around the park as per her usual daily routine, waiting for somepony to talk to her but never starting the conversation herself. She stared at the big white glowy thing in the sky as she did her laps.

Present lady said that that's called a moon. It looks more like a Scootaloo-Two to me. I wanna go there someday and ask ti what it wants to be called.

The moon finally set and the sun rose once again. Scootaloo did not bump into any other pony wandering the park all day. By the time the school bell rang a second time and the foals went to recess, she had added another inch to the indented circle that was her path around the park.

Scootaloo left before any of the young ponies reached the park. Somepony found a box with newspaper in it near the park bench, and decided to make use of it for his campfire later that day.


Chapter 5:

"She's late, again," Pinkie groaned, pacing back and forth at Sugarcube Corner, which was decorated and prepared for a big party.

"Who is that kid anyway?" Called Vinyl Scratch from behind her DJ Setup.

"She's none of your business," Pinkie snapped back. Vinyl was taken aback by this.

"Just chill, girl. It's a party! You said she was late yesterday, so I'm sure she'll show up soon," the white unicorn said. As cliche would have it, Scootaloo walked in the door right as Vinyl finished her sentence.

"Hi present lady! I'm here for my party!" Scootaloo called.

"Hello there my little filly! Are you ready for the best night of your li-"

"I told you, I'm a big mare now! Stop calling me little!" Scootaloo said.

"Fine. Where are your friends? I thought you said you were gonna invite all your friends last night."

"I tried, but nopony bumped into me today, so I decided that you're my friend. Now you don't have to talk to me for us to start talking!" she replied. Pinkie felt her heart tug at this. She's making it easier with every word! Scootaloo then began to stare at Vinyl Scratch. The other pony stared back. Several seemingly long moments passed, and the pony that wasn't Scootaloo opened her mouth.

"Uhhhh... hey kid! Happy birthday. I hope I can give you a swingin' party!" Vinyl said genuinely.

"Thanks! I've never had friends or a party before! I'm excited! Did you get me a present?"

"Uhh..." Scratch scratched her head, "Uhh... Oh! Here!" Vinyl used her magic and levitated a CD over to Scootaloo.

"What's this? Can I eat it?"

"No! That's one of my favorite CDs. It has some of the most poppin music in Equestria!"

The young pegasus put the CD up to her ear, then her nose, then by her wings, then by the cupcake on her head, then proceeded to lick it. She dropped it out of disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Vinyl asked.

"I can't hear any music from that flat shiny thing. I thought you were lying when you said it wasn't food, but it doesn't taste good either," Scootaloo pouted.

"Here, let me show you." Vinyl took the CD back, opened up the player on her sound system, and inserted the disc. Soon a delightfully catchy tune began to play, and Scootaloo's face lit up. She began to hop up and down, and Pinkie joined her.

"Isn't this great!?" Pinkie said. Maybe she'll get nice and tired, and I'll finally be able to-

"Yea! I feel so tingly inside!" Scootaloo yelled, effectively interrupting Pinkie's thoughts.

"I see you still have that cupcake."

"Ya, I didn't know what to do with it."

"Didn't I tell you yesterday, it's a magic cupcake. I made the frosting myself," she said, narrowing her eyes a bit.

"What's magical about it?"

"You eat it, and you can get one wish for anything you want."

"ANYTHING!?" Scootaloo asked with much anticipation.

"Anything..." Pinkie leaned in close to Scootaloo, took the cupcake off of her head, and placed it near her mouth.

Scootaloo shoved the whole cupcake and part of Pinkie's hoof into her mouth. Pinkie withdrew her hoof slowly, pleased that Scootaloo finally ingested her special cupcake.

"What are you going to wish for?"

"I wish we were all on the big white glowy thing in the sky!"

"You mean the moon?" Vinyl asked.

"Yea!" Scootaloo replied.

Suddenly, nothing happened.

But then something did happen.

All three ponies were surrounded in a great white light. The ground shook a bit, and there was a loud laser noise (but that was from Vinyl's equipment).

The whole ordeal was over in ten seconds flat. Nothing looked like it had changed, except for the fact that the room and all of it's inhabitants were now on the surface of the moon.

"Where are we?" Pinkie asked.

"We're obviously still at my party. You need to pay attention to your surroundings more," Scootaloo replied.

"What!? I thought you were only kidding about that cupcake! How can we be on the moon!?" Vinyl asked anxiously.

"I wouldn't lie about that cupcake. It was special. The batter was made form whol-" She caught herself before finishing that sentence.

"What? Never mind, we need to figure out how to get off here!" Vinyl began to sound panicky.

"No! This was my wish! Now we're here on Scootaloo-Two and I want to look around," Scootaloo-One said.

"Let her have her... fun," Pinkie said slowly. Besides, it's nice and quiet on the moon. Nopony even knows what's happening here besides us...