• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 5,164 Views, 566 Comments

Two-Sided Prequel II: Who You Work For - FerociousCreation



Note: This is the FIRST installment of the Two Sided series. After working in a coffee shop for two months after leaving Suri, Coco Pommel found a job that is to make a dress "fit for a queen." Little did she know was who she was going to work for.

  • ...
21
 566
 5,164

PreviousChapters Next
The Fateful Event: One Hour, Twenty-five Minutes

Ch. 47

It's okay, Stitch Snitch. Just take deep breaths, stay calm, and not take too many deep breaths; you don't want to faint, cause a scene, and disappoint Queen Chrysalis…

When Stitch would be on her own, even in the hive, the changeling preferred to stay hidden. A strong reason why she wanted to become a tailor, was to give all the attention to her queen and not herself. Of course she loved the attention from Queen Chrysalis and Knight Cap, but not too much.


However, there is one thing Stitch does love to do: giving attention to others who make her happy; another strong reason she became a tailor for her queen. Chrysalis makes her and the other changeling's feel wanted, despite how the rest of Equestria thinks of them. That inspired the sensitive mare when she was a filly to become what she is today. And when Coco entered the picture, Stitch made sure she told anychangeling she could about the pony’s generosity.


There was something Stitch has never done, however: giving her attention to another stallion, and want his back. Most of the male changelings preferred a mate with a strong attitude, like their queen. Sadly, Stitch was not one to be known to have any amount of toughness. She was known to cry. And it wasn't her fault she was so sensitive. Stitch didn't know how to keep her emotions in check. The only one who was able to help her was Knight Cap, her closest friend. Knight always knows what is on her mind for obvious reasons, and always made an attempt to assist Stitch.


But Knight Cap was not with tonight, and Coco wasn’t going to force Stitch into another conversation. She might as well try to mingle with Platinum on her own accord. First, she needs to find him.


Walking through the ballroom, Stitch noticed the numbers of ponies have grown. She cursed at herself for not following the bat pony the moment Platinum left the garden.


After about ten minutes, the changeling could not seem to find him. It was strange to her, considering how much different Platinum looked, yet he was nowhere to be found. Maybe he found a chandelier to hang from with his tail, being somewhat of a bat. Stitch only laughed to herself at the thought.


Fifteen minutes go by and still no sign of fluffy ears. Stitch did see Coco speaking to Velvet, both speaking with smiles and laughs. It was nice to see Coco enjoying her night with somepony else. While Stitch moved about the ballroom, she stood by others, listening to conversations from a distance and absorbing love. She didn't want to keep herself from being useful by trying to seek a single stallion out.


An hour slowly crawled past Stitch. Sadly, no sign of him. The only thing she managed to do was obtain a good amount of love within that time. The biggest source of love she obtained was from some stallion, pridefully expressing his love for his stock investments. It was a shock to Stitch, finding a pony who was in love with money. Profit gaining was something alien to the changeling and she never understood why bits had value. They were pieces of metal. That's all she knew.


Still, Stitch was still doing the task of trying to find Platinum. And failing in the process. She was able to find several changelings in disguise while Stitch made her way around the ballroom. But again, no bat pony.


Her heart sank, finally giving up on the pursuit. Perhaps it was for the better anyways and not run the risk of getting close to Platinum. After all, Stitch was an imposter; a changeling.


Parched, Stitch slowly walked over to the table covered with beverages. They arraigned from cider, to various punches. However, it was water that she needed; changeling's cannot consume anything other than water or love. Consumption of anything else, especially solid foods, will cause nasty discomfort.


Taking a ladle and scooping some water, Stitch poured the liquid into a plastic cup and sipped at it. A sad reflection rested on the surface of the water, and the changeling felt bad for her. Why was that mare so upset? Because that mare tried to find a stallion that stood out even in the night sky, and failed.


“Excuse me,” a stallion spoke from behind. Stitch subconsciously moved for the pony, still unable to get Platinum out of her head.


“Umm… excuse me…” The voice was louder than before with a bit of nervousness in their tone. But the changeling didn’t even notice and just stepped even further away, not looking to the speaker. She thought about how she complimented Platinum; how she likes his teeth. In the pony world, looks meant a lot. It was also the same when it came to changelings. But instead of a beautiful or handsome face, sharp fangs were extremely appealing. And most mare changelings wanted an intimidating stallion, to show off their bark and bite when needed.


“S-Stitch was it?” Now that the one behind Stitch mentioned her name, she looked to see who was behind her. The instant her eyes were met with Platinum, the changeling’s face flushed. Funny how she was looking for him for over an hour, and the bat pony was able to seek her out in an instant.


To comply, Stitch slowly nodded to Platinum’s statement. To her surprise, the changeling noticed Platinum was looking nervous himself as he stared at the flustered mare. “I’ve… noticed you have been wondering about.”


“I was looking for you,” Stitch admitted, her hooves shaking as she held the cup of water close to her breast.


“O-oh…” Platinum’s cheeks flushed, creating a strange mix of pink and gray on his face. “How come?”


As the two stood awkwardly in front of the drinks, a mare approached the table and asked, “Excuse me, I wish to have some cider.” At once, both Stitch and Platinum looked to the pegasus, and stepped aside. But the mare’s eyes were locked on the bat pony with a look of dread. “Uh- never mind!” With quickness in her hooves, the pony briskly walked away. Sadness weighed down on Platinums lips and he frowned, sagging his head as well.


“What’s wrong?” Stitch asked, taking a slow step forward toward him. But her action repelled his slit pupils away from her and looked elsewhere.


“Why did you seek me?” Platinum said in a low voice, almost unheard because of the noise from the chattering ponyfolk.


“Because you are interesting to me. You are different from the others. A-and I want to learn more about you.” When the words left her mouth, Stitch was afraid that her blush was now becoming a permanent part of her disguise.


“But why? I am a freak… Yes I am different, but that is what makes me not liked by others.” He looked to where the pony left him and Stitch, but couldn’t see her. “You saw what happened just now. That pegasus saw me and quickly left. All I do is frighten others.”


“And yet I don’t see anything scary about you.” Stitch furrowed her brow, no longer stunned by his presence and more irritated with his stubborn attitude. “Besides, you are the one who approached me just now. So why are you the one coming to me just to insult yourself, when I clearly see nothing wrong with your appearance?”


“Because... I wanted to ask you why I don’t scare you.”


“You don’t scare me because I do not judge appearances.” Stitch looked to the growing crowd of bodies, seeing a mix of earth ponies, pegusi, and unicorns. “Some of us may have an exterior that shows an intimidating posture, but you never know what is going on inside that pony’s heart.” She turned back to Platinum with a soft smile. “You do have a strong and frightening appearance, but there is nothing wrong with that. It shows strength, might, experience. Be prideful of what you are, even if nopony is willing to see your heart.”


The mare had to think after she finished her thoughts toward Platinum. It was only recently that Stitch no longer looked to judge appearances since Coco came along, so she felt that she was not lying to him. As for being prideful for oneself, that she was true to. She may be a changeling, but Stitch is proud to be one, despite the world’s hatred against them.


Platinum had to shut his gaping mouth closed after hearing the wize words of Stitch Snitch. A chuckle escaped the stallion and a small grin grew on his lips. “It’s funny how Princess Luna tells me to be prideful for what I am, and yet I never took her advice. Now here I am, being lectured the same thing by you.” Platinum sighed in defeat, but his smile grew on his face as he looked at Stitch, dressed like a Hearth's Warming Eve present. “Do you want to be around me even if others are scared of me?”


“Of course,” Stitch nodded. “Besides, with you around and your ability to scare ponies away, I won’t have to worry about having to talk with anypony else.”


She smirked at her own joke while Platinum wore an irritated frown. “Funny how I wish none would flee from me, and yet you wish ponies would stay far away from yourself.” Platinum’s face then flushed, trying to not look Stitch in the eyes. However, her gaze seemed to force him to stare into the two light-violet spheres held in the mare’s head. “But thank you for wanting to accompany me. It’s not every day I get to be with a lovely mare.”


The complement stole the changeling’s breath, causing her throat to start hurting and eyes to gloss. Stitch could tell Platinum was regretting what he had just said, but held up a hoof. “I-it’s fine,” she stuttered. “You are going to have to get used to my lame sobbing if you plan to be with this pretty pony.” Before the tears started to roll down her face, Stitch wiped the water from her eyes and took a big sniff.


“Then I will be sure not to compliment you,” Platinum joked. “Then again, with my freakish exterior, I will keep others away from you. And you and I will have all the time in the world together.”


Stitch’s ears fell back, giggling with joy, and glad she was able to find somepony to give her the love she needed. “And I get to admire you and your sharp teeth.”

Author's Note:

I do hope you readers of mine do like this small side story with Stitch. She needs some love anyways (if you know what I mean...:twilightsmile:)

PreviousChapters Next