• Published 23rd Jun 2014
  • 567 Views, 9 Comments

Tavi and Vinyl - hootscootaloo101



Octavia meets Vinyl Scratch and her friends at Canterlot High and try to live their last year of high school to the fullest.

  • ...
2
 9
 567

Chapter One

Octavia Melody stopped dead in her tracks when she reached the doors of Canterlot High. The building looked very intimidating at the angle she was at, as if it had no end. She took a deep breath and sighed before pulling open the school doors. Crowds of students flooded the halls as she tried to make her way to the lockers.

Octavia glanced at the orientation packet Principal Celestia had sent to her in the mail. "Let's see," she thought, "locker number two-hundred eighty-one." She scanned through the locker numbers until she she spotted her's. Just when she was about to put in the combination, a pink flash zipped in front of her.

"Hi!" a girl with wild pink hair shouted, causing Octavia to give out a little shriek and drop her packet.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" the girl exclaimed, violating her personal space.

"I'm Octavia..." Octavia replied as Pinkie Pie shook her hand rapidly.

"I thought you didn't look familiar," Pinkie examined Octavia.

"Well, if you need any help or feeling lonely, just holler!"

"I'll keep that in mind." Octavia replied as Pinkie left.

Octavia put in the combination, but the lock didn't budge. She looked over and over at the combination she was given, but didn't know what went wrong.

Octavia began to panic. Just then, the bell rang and the students ran to their classes, scattering through the halls. At this point, Octavia was putting one leg on the locker door and pulling on the lock as hard as she could.

Surprisingly, she had managed to make the lock open. She shoved some of her unnecassary items in the locker and ran straight for her first class.

Across the way, a student with large purple sunglasses, was obliviously dancing in the middle of the hallway. Both girls weren't paying any attention, bumped into each other and fell to the ground.

The girl in the sunglasses had been apparently been wearing headphones, which she had quickly taken off once she realized what happened.

"Woah, I'm so sorry!" she apologized, "I totally wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" The girl began handing Octavia her things, only to be quickly snatched back. Octavia stood up and gave her an annoyed look.

Octavia then ran for the classrooms muttering, "I'm late, so late! This is terrible! I'm going to be in so much trouble!" This left the confused girl behind wondering what had her so anxious.

"What's her deal?" she asked aloud. Just as she was about to put her headphones back on, she noticed the empty halls and what time it was.

"Oh, shoot!" she shouted, now sprinting to her class, hoping she wouldn't get caught. Again.

--------------------------------------------

The day had not been going well for Octavia. She had been assigned detention within the first ten minutes of school, and didn't have anyone to talk to.

"I guess I could have talked to that one girl," Octavia thought to herself as walked to the room detention was being held, "Her name was Pinkie Pie, wasn't it?"

She shook her head, "A little too friendly for my taste though," she continued, "I suppose if I do get desperate..." "Are you here for detention?" a voice asked.

Octavia's thoughts were interrupted once she realized that she was being spoken to. "Oh, yes." she answered seriously. The teacher pointed to the rows of desks. Octavia put her detention slip on the teacher's desk. The teacher then glared at her and put in ear buds, she pretty much had zoned out.

Octavia took a seat in the front row. Next to her sat a girl in large purple sunglasses, with her legs on the desk, lounging back on the chair. Octavia couldn't help but stare, she had just realized that it was the girl who had bumped into her that morning and made her late.

The girl then had the feeling she was being watched and starting looking around the room. Octavia quickly turned away before she could be spotted.

"Hey, aren't you the one I bumped into this morning?"

"Yes, I'm surprised you noticed." Octavia stated bluntly.

"Well, I'm sorry about that." the girl replied, slightly offended. Octavia did not reply.

"I'm Vinyl Scratch." Vinyl held her hand out for Octavia to shake.

"Octavia." she replied

"So, Octavia," Vinyl started, "are ya new here?"

"As a matter of fact, today's my first day." Octavia answered.

"Man, it must be tough getting detention on your first day."

"Yes, it is." Octavia sighed.

"Meh, detention's not so bad once you get used to it."

"The teacher's here don't exactly pay much attention here." Vinyl chuckled at the teacher sitting at her desk, basically passed out. Octavia started laughing as well.

"How much longer do we have?" Octavia asked.

"About twenty minutes." Vinyl said, glancing at her phone.

Octavia glanced at Vinyl's phone as well, noticing the bass canon wall paper.

"What's that?" Octavia asked.

"Oh, it's nothing special," Vinyl answered, "it's just my bass cannon." Octavia was still confused.

"But what's a-"

"I don't think the world is ready to know of the bass cannon's power." Vinyl interrupted.

"Um...Alright." a confused Octavia replied.

"I play the cello myself."

"I'm a DJ for parties and school dances and stuff." Vinyl answered.

"Oh, a DJ." Octavia thought.

The two chatted until the dreaded detention was over. When Octavia got home, her parents asked her what had taken so long. She replied with, "detention." Her parents were disappointed that she had gotten detention on her first day, but went a little easier on her after they realized it was just because she had been late for class and hadn't really anything wrong. But at least they hadn't gone all ballistic like Octavia feared. She went her room, preparing for the next day of school, hoping that it would be better than today's fiasco.

------------------------------------