• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 2,685 Views, 241 Comments

Dark Souls:the descent into friendship - star dust pony



I am a undead,im not sure how i got here,who braught me here or what this this place is...but even my strange dreams...they leave me smiling compared to what i feel is ahead of me

  • ...
37
 241
 2,685

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 7:you can try to run (EDITED VERSION)

After the announcement, I felt a lot less worried and, not only that, was much more welcomed. Ah, and here I was, thinking 'Celestia's plan shall only make those pastel-coloured-eyes-on-legs shun and fear me'.

"E-excuse me sir." I looked down at the small, little pony in front of me, I wished to smile, but I knew he wouldn't see it and I honestly was still far too tired from my last fight to be able to move. Holding myself straight is becoming a challenge. "Can you show me what kind of magic h-humans use?" I let out a chuckle and was about to nod, despite my lethargy, when Celestia stopped me.

"I'm afraid that he can't, at least not here. But later, if he allows it, we'll perhaps find some way to demonstrate such things." The young pony looked down in disappointment, but nodded. "Again, I am very sorry and, Sparks, you should be getting used to Equestria. You will be here for a... long time." As in: 'Yo, Sparks! You is, like, stuck 'ere, innit? Coz' you is gonna' die and EQUESTRIA SHALL BURN. -ahem.'

I simply nodded and rose, walked towards the exit and out into the crowd as they all stared at me. I stuck out like a giant's sore thumb. All attention was either on me or referring to me and yet I simply walked. That is until...

"Run."

I felt my heart stop at the ghastly, scratching whisper.

"We're coming for you."

I looked up, seeing a shadowy hooded figure flit past, just out of my line of sight as a sign came into view. 'Califoalnia.' I was not sure weather to laugh at the terrible pun, or draw my sword toward the figure.

I exited into a more open and grassy place, attempting to give myself an advantage. I am in no way scared or cowed by this... Thing.

"You wish of me to run? I shall see you hung, drawn and quartered before I submit! Stand and fight me, knave!" I drew my blade with a metallic ring bouncing about the clearing and hefted my shield just as I heard something jump out behind me.

I turned only for something to flip over me by grabbing my shoulders and vaulting itself up and over. Then it grabbed my sides in a vice grip; rendering me unable to move. It had a large, rusted and serrated shard of metal which almost resembled a knife. The blade was promptly rammed into a spot right above my heart and right under my neck, if it were any higher or any lower I may have ended on the spot, but it missed and pushed me to the floor. The damage was rather serious but didn't prevent me from turning a rough tumble into some semblance of a roll, setting me on my feet once more. Looking at the hooded thief... a thief... it was a hollowed thief... the dreams I know are leaking in. The eyes were sunken, empty pits and the skin grey and rotting and peeling clinging tightly to the bones.

I put my shield between us as it slashed at me, blocking it's strike to thrust my weapon forward, cutting its leg before kicking it down and when I tried to shove my sword down, through its head, it rolled left.

"HOLD STILL!!!!" I slashed at it did as our blades repeatedly collided and eventually we were in a lock, I had reach but it had flexibility.

"Die." The ghastly voice spoke out again as it tried pushing my blade away only for me to kick its legs and thrust my swords through its chest. The flesh stretching around the gaping tear and the great steel spike, disgusting ichor bursting about the blade to stain my hand... I wont die so easy... but, it seemed, neither would it because it kicked me away, my blade still in its chest as it pulled it out.

I growled and rose to my feet, thankfully that was not my only sword but now what I was concerned about is where this thing came from...my question was answered when I looked to my right and saw the faint wisps of a horrible darkness that pervaded the realm of my dreams... I looked all about me: finding only more of the vile taint.

I drew my rapier and pointed it at my opponent who charged at me recklessly with my own blade. "Only a fool telegraphs himself so stupidly."

With one side step and a quick, brutal punch to the things side I found an opening which would fit the steel needle in my grasp quite nicely. I put my shield on my back, grabbed my blade from its hand then rushed into the swirling, corrupt mist which had settled... I felt the many presences of many creatures in my mind and knew that they would be here. Where from I cannot tell but they would be here. And I knew I couldn't let them through. I yelled rage to the heavens and whipped my head about to look for what might constitute an entry point or gateway into this plane. Only to find nothing. Not the fog, not the corpse of the creature, not even the sense of a presence.

=====

The station of old cobbled flooring and lop-sided buildings bustled with activity and trains sat, billowing great gouts of steam into the air above the indiscernible murmur of many garbled conversations mixing into a buzz of liveliness as ponies pushed each other and shoved their way onto the trains.

"LAST CALL FOR PONYVILLE!"

That was Sparks' que to wade his way through the crowd and onto the train.

Finding a free seat, directly across from a lavender unicorn and a cyan, rainbow maned pegasus. Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash respectively. Barely a greeting was exchanged before the steel-clad biped fell into his seat and was out like a light.

Author's Note:

yea i know this chapter had a little too much action,not much story and wasn't as intreasting but i am doing this mid-day and i haven't had a cup of cofee yet

PreviousChapters Next