• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 1,958 Views, 58 Comments

My Little Warframe - midashguy



Tenno in Equestria....This can't possibly go wrong...

  • ...
5
 58
 1,958

Tenno

Loki opened his eyes behind his peculiar shaped helmet. His gaze met instantly a dark colored stone surface, stained with what seemed to be dried water puddles. He tried to move his limbs, but the clanking of metal together was enough for the jokester to notice his steel bonds keeping him latched to a stone wall. A candle, standing proudly on a small wooden table, provided minimal illumination with its orange aura. Loki groaned silently and saw a metallic door sporting multiple vertical bars only a few meters from him: He was in a prison.


A glance to his side, and he saw no one other than his comrade and friend, the calm and patient Oberon. He was unconscious due to the fact that his head hung low. He was bond to the same wall, and in the same fashion as Loki. This snapped an idea for the mischievous warrior:


“Psst! Oberon! Over here! Wake up!” He whispered in a hissing manner, trying his best to not attract any unwanted attention from his captors. The whispering managed to wake the sleeping tenno, causing him to thrash about violently and spout gibberish.


“I-...Who was..! Not again! No!” He wailed, his usual calm behavior was no where to be found.


“Oberon! To your right side! It’s me, Loki!” Loki tried again to attract his friend’s attention, increasing his voice an octane higher. Hearing a semi-friendly voice, Oberon began to calm down slightly.


“I...Loki? What happened?” Oberon asked.


“Allow me to explain.” Princess Celestia responded, stepping into the cell accompanied by three guards clad in golden armor. Her face sported a stern look, directed towards both Warframe-clad fighters.


“Oh great. Miss pony queen arrives to save the day!” Loki mockingly announced and lowered his face, chuckling to himself.


“It’s Princess Celestia. Watch your tongue monster.” A guard growled harshly in response, pointing a spear at Loki’s hammerhead shaped helmet.


“Not a problem, sergeant. Please, let me talk with them in private.” Celestia’s soft speech apparently made the trio of royal guards nod positively and leave the cell in a moment. “I do believe that you both are capable of speech.”


“Yes, ma’am.” The stealthy Tenno reinforced her obvious statement. He waited for another question.




“Crashing inside Canterlot’s Castle is a very daring attitude of yours, since you did such act with a companion.” She said, taking a seat in a wooden chair and resting both hooves on the table. “Do you know where he went? What was his name?” She asked, sounding authoritarian.


“His name is Captain Vor and he’s no friend. He’s more of a monster than we are.” Oberon responded. “He makes us look like heros.”


“And who might you be?” Celestia asked for further information, showing a faint hint of curiosity.


“Who am I or who are we?” Oberon countered, as if to challenge the sun princess.


“Both.” Celestia answered with a knowing smile.”I have been around long enough to know a trick question when I hear one.”


“I bet I’ve been around longer that you.” Oberon muttered.


“I doubt it. Please awnser the question.” the princess said with a polite smile.


“I am Oberon. We are the Tenno.”


“And I’m Loki, the hammerhead! How awesome does that sound? Kicking both clone and scavenger ass through what once was the Solar System, and listening to Lotus give super useful advice.” Loki added cynically, shaking his hands effortlessly. He noticed quickly that Celestia was taking way too much time to respond. “What? You wanna shake hands with me?”


She gave him a funny stare, giggling in her hoof.


“No, I know the answer. He doesn’t shut up. Ever.” Oberon deadpanned.


“I bet 1,000 credits that Princess Celestia didn’t come here to listen to your wisdom.” Loki retorted to Oberon with an unamused look.


“If that’s wisdom then my faith in….everything, has been diminished greatly.” Oberon muttered.


“Yadda yadda, I hoped you had gotten the idea. Now, allow Princess Celestia to continue.” Loki tried to kill a possible argument.




While he waited for Celestia to continue her set of questions, Loki desperately tried to switch teleport with the white alicorn sitting behind the table. His heart skipped a beat as no energy came from his hands, only a faint spark of white energy coming from his palm. What is this? Why can’t I use my powers?


“Your magic has been disabled to prevent you from doing any further damage.” Celestia said, as if she had just read his mind.


“Magic?” Oberon whispered.


“He seemed to try and conjure some kind of white energy from his palm. Those chains are draining any kind of magical power that you may wield.” The white alicorn explained, glancing at both Tenno in a mocking fashion, masked by her composed expression.


“Well, thanks for laying all your cards on the table before the game has even begun.” Oberon laughed.


“I-...what are you playing at?” Celestia interrogated, shaking her head.


“Nothing really, you enjoy playing mind games as much as I do, though it seems you haven’t had a true challenge in quite some time.” Oberon noted wisely.


“How do you know that?” Celestia wondered in amazement.


“I said. I have been playing them for a lot longer.” Oberon stated calmly.


“Don’t question Obbie’s logic, miss.” Loki completed with a chuckle.


Princess Celestia shook her head rapidly and gave both Tenno warning looks. She had to concentrate, and at least get some information on the two aliens stuck to the walls of Canterlot Castle’s dungeon. “Why are you here?!?”


“Remember that handsome fella with those sexy thighs you saw earlier? He’s Vor. We were trying to put an end to his ass, but since he was in possession of a Void Key, a very advanced Orokin item, he caused a massive teleport.” Loki told Celestia, finally looking in her in the eye. His mix of irony and logic was quite confusing for the interrogator.


“Sucking us to a place I’m not familiar with, and without purpose.” Oberon added.


“Wait a moment. Put an end to him? Murder? You’re assassins then.” Celestia pointed an accusing hoof at them.


“I can’t claim to be good. But we are better than him. I just try to redeem what I’ve done.” Oberon grimaced.


“Oberon.” Loki rang in, strangely serious due to his commonly jokester attitude. “That’s enough.”


“I...I killed so many...Why can’t I forget like the rest?” Oberon asked to no one in particular. “Why am I cursed to remember?”


“Oberon! Shut up!” Loki nearly shouted from his bonds, grief taking his tone and even the air surrounding him.


“What are you both talking about?” Asked Celestia, concerned and fearfully curious at the same time.


“None of your pony business. Classified stuff.” Loki abruptly added without explaining further.


“Just know that we are the silhouette of death.” Oberon muttered. “But we are here to help.”


“Be aware: I may follow what Oberon tells me, and I’ll be nice to you… guys. However, one spear pointed at me, and expect to see guards appearing on rooftops.” Loki warned, his natural behavior returning to his character.


“Alright, one chance. However, watch your step, or you will find I am not forgiving.” Celestia said, much to Loki and Oberon’s surprise.


“Well, we need to track Vor and either chase him off world or kill him. Then you won’t be seeing much more of us. Hopefully.” Oberon commented.


“Yeah, hope to see him dead sooner than later. He is quite a charismatic dude when it comes to making alliances.” Loki gave Celestia a warning look behind his headgear.


“Politics were his strong suit...more so than Vay Hek surprisingly enough. At least he doesn’t kill EVERYTHING that opposes him.” Oberon muttered.


Princess Celestia was reluctant to let free these two bipedal creatures. From what she heard, they had no regret in killing...most of the time. She rose from the chair, towering over Loki, and standing equal to Oberon. The white alicorn took in a deep breath, charged her horn with magic and the metal chains that kept the Tenno to the rocky walls snapped open. Loki fell with grace and quickly stood up, noticing the absence of his weapons nearly immediately.


“I need my gear.” Oberon spoke first, rotating his shoulder blade till a loud pop could be heard. “And a glass of water.”


“Me too! I ain’t nothing without a good Lex spinning in my finger.” Loki followed him suit.


“Oberon’s weapons are still locked in safety. But Loki’s are…” Celestia gulped as her eyes captured Loki’s clawed fingers.


“Mine are…?” He motioned a full circle in the air, waiting for her to go on. His expression was mixed with both rage and fear of losing his prized weaponry.


“Twilight’s blast of magic accidentally destroyed them.” The Princess of the sun quickly spoke closing both eyes shut at what her apprentice’s spell had made. “I apologize if they were important.”


Loki raised a finger to protest, but lowered it almost instantly as he noticed that his weapons were gone. One could clearly hear him inhaling in quickly, as if he tried to find words to reply. His chest was flooded with loss of his trusty gear, like if he wasn’t inside his armor anymore. He just hoped he had his powers. Staring at his feet in disbelief, Loki began to mutter confusing sets of words.


“You can have my Penta and Angstrum for now. All I need is my Orthos.” Oberon grunted.


“Orthos? You had a pet with you?” Celestia wondered deeply while staring at him.


“No, my spear.” Oberon answered simply, pointing his thumb to the large object on his back.


“Yeah, yeah. But keep your stuff, Obbie. I can easily evade combat with abilities that you know very well, and even try to use these babies.” He showed his claws to Oberon’s level, moving his fingers back and forth.


“Take them anyway. Just in case, we are going after Vor still.”


“Uhhh… Oberon, I think that we should firstly think about where we are.” The mischievous Tenno poked his friend’s shoulder.


“Perhaps. We still need to reestablish contact with Lotus and the others, though that can wait till after we kill Vor, he couldn’t have gone far, let alone leave the planet.” Oberon noted.


“Ummm… Princess Celestia? I believe that you understand the threat that Vor is imposing on your… planet? We could try to stop him before he did anything harmful to your population, whatever.” Loki turned to the frozen Celestia, moving his arms to emphatise his point.


“I… Please, let’s leave the dungeons. I think that you two will be able to do more in fresh air.”


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Okay girls, I think it’s best if we went down there! Princess Celestia might have gone into trouble with those two… things that appeared earlier this morning!” Twilight Sparkle announced as she stood next to the doors leading to the deep dungeons of Canterlot Castle, a scowl stamped on her lavender face.


“Ah don’t know if that’s a good idea, Twi.” Applejack voiced, her emerald orbs gleaming with concern. “You sure it’s safe?”


“Don’t worry, Twilight. My sister is able to defend herself against the abominations that have entered our realm.” Luna came in, placing a reassuring hoof over the smaller alicorn’s shoulder.


Twilight’s horn lit up to turn the doorknob, but, much to her and her friends’ surprise, the wooden doors opened with one quick motion: Princess Celestia walked out of the dark hallways, unscathed and with a blank expression on her white face. What really startled the group was the two bipeds in gleaming armor that covered their whole body that flanked her sides.


“Princess?” Twilight asked, unsure and wide-eyed.


“It’s alright Twilight. Give them a chance.”


“You MEANIE!” Pinkie shouted at the top of her lungs, making everyone in the group jump in place.


The pink pony put herself on two hooves and assumed an offensive stance, shooting a poisonous glare at the two humanoids. Another wild scream escaped her lungs and she launched herself towards the hammerhead-shaped creature, both forehooves forward to strike it down. Gasps filled the surroundings as she simply passed through the frame, sliding on her belly through the marble floor.


“What the hell was that?” Loki asked, startled. His copy disappeared and he prevailed by its side.


“I think this is going to go swimmingly.” Oberon said, shaking his head.


Loki instantly assumed a straight stance and saw the numerous pair of eyes staring in both shock and curiosity. They were all equines, even though their coats had unusual colors, same with their manes. Noticing that the situation could sink even more, he announced before clearing his throat:


“I’m Loki! Your friend from outer space!”


“By the Lotus….why...” Oberon exclaimed, placing a hand on his head.


“Wait, you’re a friend?” The same pink pony who tried to tackle him suddenly appeared in his front. “I’m Pinkie Pie! Nice to meet you, Mr. Hammerhead!”


“Saw that, Obbie? I’m already making friendships.” Loki teased as he shook Pinkie’s outstretched hoof happily.


Oberon turned to Celestia. “Do you have somewhere quiet I can go to rest?” He asked.


“The gardens?”


“Yes….that sounds nice.”


“Whoa whoa whoa bud. Explain what you’re doing here.” Rainbow Dah butted in, giving him a glare.


“I don’t repeat myself.” Oberon grunted. “Nor do I take orders from lesser--”


“Yeah, yeah. Go on, Obbie, I’ll give those adorable things some debriefing!” Loki suddenly materialized before Rainbow Dash while Oberon popped in Loki’s earlier position. He shrugged off the white particles from his limbs and crouched next to the cyan pegasus.


“Today is not my day.” Oberon grumbled, walking away.


“Okay, listen up, pastel ponies! Sit your flanks and listen to Loki’s words of pure wisdom!”


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 hours later...


Oberon sat in the middle of an empty circle, a patch where the grass was kept short to allow any being to sit. His Orthos jutted out of the ground where he had put it. He drew in a long breath, and slowly let it out. Once again, he was at peace, the sunset already creeping through the leaves of many trees and painting the skies in a beautiful shade of orange.


A bird landed on a tree branch nearby, Oberon noticed but remained perfectly still. He smiled inside his helmet when the bird perched on one of his horns.


“Hello little friend. Your world sure is peaceful. I could get use to this.” He sighed. “I just hope we didn’t bring the war with us….”

Suddenly, Loki appeared out of thin air, sitting right across Oberon. He was breathing deeply and seemed exhausted. With every second, his breaths went softer and softer, coming to the point of not being heard. He really underestimated the ponies. Thankfully, his invisibility sure came in handy. “Oberon… I chewed off more than I could…”



“Then sit, relax. Meditate for once. Now you can’t spend your free time messing with poor Rhino.” Oberon commented.


“Ahem, messing? I prefer messing with Banshee or Ash. Rhino stuck me to a wall one day, remember?” Loki opened an eye and mimicked Oberon’s position, feeling lighter and eventually hovering like the taller Tenno.


“I wish the others were here...just the two of us? Not only are we outnumbered but we are sorely under equipped. I don’t like this one bit.” Oberon whispered.


“Hey, speaking seriously now, don’t you think that we can contact Lotus through meditation? I’ve seen Hydroid do that once, so, it won’t kill if we try. Maybe she can send some help.” Loki suggested, silent and calm.


“Perhaps. It would take a clear and calm mind though. I doubt you could do it.” Oberon quipped. “I will try my best though.”



Oberon lowered his head, and from his point of view the whole world slowed. Time seemed to crawl forwards at an agonising pace as he concentrated deeply. Everything around him seemed to darken and then, he was left alone in a pitch black void.



There.


Just beyond the void itself. An echo of a whisper. A great mind, like no other.


The Lotus.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Six ponies, together with two taller and older alicorns, formed a circle as afternoon started to fall over the marvelous land of Equestria. Strands of Celestia’s bright sun creeped inside the hallway, enveloping the whole place in a relaxing and soothing aura of orange. Even with such a beautiful scenery, the group of ponies was having a long discussion.


“Strange. That Loki character had attacked most of our guards, but now, he showed himself as a pretty ironic and cynical pony!” Twilight Sparkle protested, looking at a bouncing Pinkie Pie.


“Not sure what I think of that Oberon fella, he seems….odd.” Applejack added.


“But that Loki was just incredible! He teleported there, and disappeared, and created copies of himself!, and… just awesome!” Rainbow Dash came in, nearly bouncing as high as Pinkie Pie.


“Did you see their color palette? Simply marvelous!” Rarity commented.


“I-..um...I’m not sure what to say.” Fluttershy whispered, hiding herself behind her mane. “If that’s okay, that is…”


“I will not allow them to hunt this monster on soil sister! No matter what he has done!” Luna shouted, anger on her face accompanied with a pout.


“According to them he is too horrible to let live, you want something like that loose among our ponies?” Celestia tried to reason with her sister.


“Why are you giving them the benefit of the doubt?” Luna asked.

“Because I only wish I had with you, all those years ago….”