• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,101 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,101

Chap 21

Author's Note:

Ok first I am so sorry for doing this, but I couldn't think of anything else :ajsleepy: *sigh*
And if it's a bit off I was having problems with it :twilightblush:

Either way hope you like it.

Soarin and the Shadowbolts had just got all the foals out of the forest and were bringing them to Ponyville town hall, where all the mares and stallions were trying to get information out of the mayor and what was going on.

"Please everypony," Mayor Mare kept saying "I know you are all scared and worried about your foals but this is no way to go about it," she said waiting for the buzz to die down before she continued. "Now, did anyone see or hear anything that might tell us what happened and where they went."

Just then the front doors opened and everyone turned to see an orange Pegasus filly, Soarin, Starlight, Nightlight, Onyx, Diana, and Moonbeam slowly walk in each of the grown ups balancing up to five foals on their backs.

At first everyone was speechless, whether it was due to seeing a Wonderbolt with a hoof-full of Shadowbolts, or the fact that they had their foals with them was the question.

"We might have something Miss," the filly said buzzing her wings hovering a bit snapping everyone out of staring at the Bolts and looked at her as others collected their children.

"Well alright my dear," Mayor Mare said backing away from the podium letting the filly climb up.

"Ok, first of," she said being taught that introductions was very important "I am Scootaloo Dashery youngest daughter of Spectrum Dash and Firefly, the captains of the Shadowbolts." she said proudly letting the murmuring die down a bit before she continued.
"Me and my fellow colts and filly's were 'stolen' from you and our family's by Nightmare Moon who at this moment is fighting my big sis and my dad in Whitetail Wood."

"LIES!" someone called out from the quiet crowd causing everyone to split apart and see a rather old looking fully white Earth Pony with a pair of eyes Scootaloo was sure she had seen earlier that night."

"Po... Polka-Dot?" she whispered shocked that this was happening.

"I met Nightmare Moon when I was a wee filly like yourself deary," Polka-Dot said pointing a shaky hoof towards Scootaloo "She saved my life, and I know for a fact that she would never do anything like this."

"Then what about the old story 'The Children of the Night' Ma'am?" Soarin asked coming up to stand next to Scootaloo.
"The story may say or of said she did it for the kids," he began "But she still stole hundreds of children away from their families."

Murmuring followed this as everypony looked to the mare for an answer.

"Son..." Polka-Dot said now turning to him "Once she got rid of that knife wielding bad guy and I asked her who she was, she told me that she walks those woods protecting her subjects from the dangers that are in this world." Polka-Dot said "And that they are now as white as the moon and glow with an aura as bright as the stars as a sign that she helped us."

"Did you ever think that that stallion with the knife was the good guy trying to protect you from that witch Miss?" Scootaloo asked causing new questions to come up.

"Enough of this." Nightlight said now coming up to the podium as well. "Whether any of you believe us or not citizens of Ponyville," she began looking over to everyone "Our captain and his daughter are in danger from her in Whitetail Wood right this second.
"As well as bring your children back, we come here to ask for help. Sort of 'Pay-Back' if you think of it for her for taking them."

"How?" someone called out "How can we stop a siren with the powers of the night who can do this to our kids?"

'You look to the light. My little pony.' an angelic voice said as up on the main balcony over looking the hall came the spirit of...

"Princess Celestia..." Soarin said eyes wide a he and everyone but the Shadows who were still a bit unsure on who they should follow, bowed to her.

"Please my ponies," Celestia said kindly as they all got back up to be looked in the eye by her "Although I love the show of appreciation after one thousand years, there is something more important at hoof to deal with."

"Can't you just do it by yourself Princess?" Scootaloo asked buzzing her wings not flying up too high in case she fell.

"I'm afraid my time here has already been used up little filly," Celestia said smiling "In truth neither I nor my sister should still be here. But then she was never one to listen to instructions when we were alive.
No, I am only here to give you the secret to defeat Nightmare Moon... And the secret is Sunlight. One of the reasons why she tried to coat the land in eternal night and darkness, is because the light of the Sun burns her, and weakens her powers. If she is out in it too long, she will cease to exist."

"But it's not sunrise for three more hours," Scootaloo said returning to the ground and curling up into a tight ball trying to stop the tears that were at the corners of her eyes from rolling down her face.

"Scoots," Soarin said in a whisper so it can be private "I promise you cuz... That I will do all I can to help Rainbow and your dad until Nightmare Moon is finished with. How's it go?
"Er... cross my cart rope me to die... poke a stick in my eye?"

"No, silly," Scootaloo said smiling rubbing her hoof on her nose. "Cross my heart hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. That's the Pinkie Promise, and it can never be broken."

After Soarin repeated the promise and asked the mayor to look after Scootaloo, he and all those who were coming back to Whitetail Wood headed out to watch this witch of nightmares burn in the Sun at day break.