• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 621 Views, 158 Comments

BROKEN - WolfoftheWaves Pony



War. Death. Secrets. Murder. This is what Equestria had to face for hundreds of years. When the flames cool, the ponies realize that there are no more princesses. Chaos. Robots are created to keep peace. But one robot and mare will change all that...

  • ...
3
 158
 621

Welcome to the revolution, Robot Unit part 2

"How good are you with those guns?" River asked me, walking down the tunnels.

"Pretty good. I made really good scores at the training after I was... made."

"Good. Then show me."

It was the next day. After my, uh, freak-out, I had come back into reality, and Blossom wing told me everything that happened. And of course, I felt ready to shoot River for what she was trying to do with Blossom. Then River came in to talk with me privately. She told me that she would need to see what I could do with my weapons, so I said yes, and even though she appeared to trust us, I was still wary, since they still have guards posted outside our room door. The door itself is unlocked now, though. I slipped out with River early the next morning while Blossom was asleep.

"So.. where are we going? Where am I going to show you?"

"Just wait and see..." She said, her voice trailing off on see. I watched her closely. She was being very mysterious and sneaky. I know that this strange behavior has come from when I freaked out on her, because I am very sure that she hasn't forgot it.

She glanced down at my legs, and shook her head. "Can you please stop making that annoying sound every time you move?"

"I, uh, can't help it."

"Still annoying." We stopped at a dead end. She groaned, then turned back around, going back up through the tunnel.

"Uh, did you go the wrong way?" I asked her.

"Yes," She said, irritatedly. She glanced behind her and saw me staring at her. "Well, don't blame me! I haven't been back here in a while!"

"I, I'm not blaming you.. I just.. hmpph... hmphp... BWA HA HA HA HA!" I stepped dead, and River nearly dropped the torch she was levitating.

"Did you just... laugh?" She asked me.

"I, I think so..."

"I didn't know Robot Units could laugh."

"Me neither."

"The first Robot Unit who laughed," She said, continuing up the tunnel. "Laughed at me."

"Ha ha ha!"

"I wasn't trying to be funny!" River said, a smile playing on her lips. She turned her head to the left. "In here," She said, wrenching open a door on the side of the tunnel with a loud squeak. She cringed. "Sorry, I haven't used this room in a while." She walked in, and I followed her, then froze when I got a view of the place. It was a very big cave, with painted on targets covering every wall, with large spaces of rock in between. dangerous stalactites hung from the ceiling, and looked about to crumble. Pony manikins with bullet holes and blown of heads lay littered on the ground. River was lighting the torches in a back corner. "Impressive, huh?" She asked.

"Uh-huh."

"But it wont be useful if I don't get some light in here... AHHH!" She tripped over a rock. I felt like I had something that could help her see while she was trying to light the torches, I feel like I do. But what... oh!

With a click, the flashlight located in my eyes turned on, illuminating the room. Surprisingly, it did not affect my seeing. River looked at me, bewildered. "Uh thanks.

"Yep." I said, looking around, trying to get a better feel for the place.

"Uh, Broken? Could you please shine your, eyes, over here please?"

"What? Oh, yes." I looked over at her. She continued to light torches. When she finished, I turned the lights off, letting the soft torch glow hit every corner of the room. River hopped down from off a ledge, and dust billowed around her when she landed.

"Okay. Now I want you to hit that target." She pointed to one that was half covered by a stalactite hanging from the ceiling.

"Wait, that one?!"

"You said that you were a good shot, so then show me."

"Uhh..." I looked at the target, considering my options. A bullet can't curve, I know that, it always exits from the gun in a straight path. So gun is out. Throwing a knife wouldn't work either. Then, it dawned on me. Pulling out one of my rocket launchers, I shot off a small missile. River jumped away from the falling debris in surprise, crying out. The stalactite gone, I shot a bullet at the target.

Bulls eye.


*******************

The floor is cold. The air is cold. When I exhale, a cloud forms and then blows away, leaving me here on this world of ice. And indeed, it seems that way. The floor, making a bridge that curves through the nothingness is made of tiny lights, offering no heat at all. And the sky, with twinkling stars, starts blue then fades to black. A world of emptiness, it seems.

Blossom...

My ears perked up at my name. "He, hello?" I asked the nothingness.
Blossom Wing...

"Who's there?"

Follow my voice, Blossom...

I didn't want to follow that voice. All of this screamed wrong in my head, but I found that my were legs moving forward. I continued down the path, following the voice that was chanting my name.

"Where are you taking me?"

You will see, Blossom....

I continued on. Soon, I came to the end of the lights bridge. I sighed. The voice led me to the end of the earth. It probably wants me to jump.
Blossom...

But the voice wasn't coming from below, it was coming from above. Hesitantly, I looked up, and fell backward with the full force of what I saw.

Surrounded by a black mist, swirling and swirling, was a mare. Her coat was dark blue, her hair flowing and weaving like blue silk. I gasped in awe. Then, suddenly, the mist around her started to weave tighter and tighter. It wrapped around her neck, chocking her. And she screamed.

And then I woke up.


************************

"You're... pretty handy with a knife," River said, staring down at the manikin that had been slashed to pieces. "That's pretty good."

"Why do I need to do this, anyway?" I asked her.

"Because being in the revolution, there is danger everywhere. And I don't mean to sound clichéd, I'm being serious."

Retracting the knife, I asked her, "How many tunnels are in this cave anyway?"

River levitated the manikin pieces and put them in a far corner. "A lot. They go all under Equestria. Ponies from different units can freely infiltrate others. For example: I'm originally from 5."

"Your from five?"

"Yeah, and I guess that you would be from 1, since that is the capitol. And where are the Robot Units are made."
No, I'm from 123, I thought, but didn't say aloud. "But aren't some Robot Units made in other units?"

River stopped with her cleaning. "Well, no. Only the parts for Robot Units are made in other units. They are all assembled in the capitol." She turned to face me. "You didn't know this?"

"No. I, I don't know a lot of things." Like who I was before I became Broken. I pretended that I found my hooves interesting. I felt ashamed of myself. About who I am. But I shouldn't be. I shouldn't, but I am.

River dusted off her hooves and cleared her throat. I looked up at her. "Why don't we take a break, and, and go talk."

I know what she is trying to do now. Big and mighty revolutionist mode has been turned back on. She wants to find out my secret. She may try to hide it all she can, but her eyes tell it all: she's curious. But I will not let her know.

Ever.

**********************

I breathed in and out, trying to settle my nerves. But the image of the mare kept flashing in my mind. Her blue mane with little points of light like stars, her long horn, her flailing wings as she struggled to free herself of the mist. What was she? I know she was a pony, but I have never seen a pony that had both a horn and wings. It was so, exotic.

But her screams still reverberated through my ears. And the dark room only intensified it. Her fear, her confusion. I could here it all in that scream. But she was also screaming for mercy. And I never gave it to her.
Calm yourself Blossom, it was only a dream, I told myself. But wasn't Broken turning into a pony a dream also? A dream that was riddled with truth and fact?

I felt sick. I tried to get out from under the covers, but standing up made me feel woozy. I collapsed. A groan escaped my lips.

Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. I made one last attempt to stand before I fell to the ground once more.

"Broken," I softly called, but he did not respond. He was not in the room.

Help me...

I perked my ears up when I heard the voice again. "How, how can I help you?" I called out.
Bring us out of the darkness.

************************

River leaned against the wall and sighed. I sat down beside her, shifting my mechanical hooves awkwardly.

"Broken, why do you want to join the revolution?"

"Because I wanted to."

"That's not a good enough reason."

"Well, it is my reason."

"Please, just tell me." I looked at her. Her voice had a layer of begging in it. She wanted to know. She really, really wanted to know.

"Let me answer a question with a question," I said. "Which way to mine and Blossom's room?"

She looked bewildered for a moment, then pointed down the hall way. "Keep going down, turn on the first tunnel to the right, third door on the left. Why?"

"Because I am out of here." I got up and walked away, leaving a speechless River sitting, alone.

I nodded at the guard outside my room, and he opened the door for me. I entered the dark space, illuminated only by the light coming in from outside. When he closed the room, all I saw was darkness. "Blossom?" I asked. No response. I clicked on the flashlights and looked around, eventually seeing Blossom on the floor, sobbing. "Blossom!" I said, leaning down towards her. "Holy Equestria! Are you okay?"

"Broken," She whispered. "She wants my help. The mare wants my help. And I don't know how to give it to her."

Author's Note:

Ugh! Sorry! This chapter took a long time to publish. I just have been busy with... REAL LIFE!
Feed back please!