• Published 11th Jun 2014
  • 1,662 Views, 24 Comments

The Paper Pop-Up Book - ThegoCarter110



(Canceled) Enchanted Comic Books aren't the only type of reading material that can transport you to different worlds. When Spike looks through the new kids story known as "Paper Mario," he figures this out the hard way.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,662

A New Book to Read!

"Spiiiiiike! I need you to do something for me!"

That's how most of my days start, Twilight waking me up to do something or me getting up early to make breakfast. Although it is something that could be a bit irritating to some ponys, I always try my hardest to make Twilight happy. After all! That's what friends are for!


After a quick yawn, I make my way down into the main room of the Library to see Twilight greet me with a smile that showed that she was happy to see me.

"Wow Spike, you got up faster then you usually do! You must be getting better sleep." Twilight said in a positive manner.

"Yeah yeah Twilight, now what is it that we need to do for the morning?" I said still a bit groggy.

"Well, first off we got a shipment of NEW BOOKS that we need to make available for everypony! Then-"
"Wait new books? You mean like the new installment for that Games For The Throne book series that came out a few months ago?"
"No... But I do hope that gets another installment soon... It's mostly some new adventure story's, as well as a new discovery that benefits earth pony magic!" Twilight said trotting in place clearly filled with excitement.

If there is one thing I did enjoy seeing, it's Twilight getting excited about something to read... I just wish that most of the stuff she would talk about with me wasn't so boring...

"But even though it's something I'd love to read right now, I still need to get some errands done, not to mention the fact I need help Fluttershy with a certain sick pet of hers."

Well, at least I can have some peace while I do my chores.

"Anyways, you'll also need to dust the basement as well as help me clean the windows later."
"...That's it?" Normally Twilight would run down a list of things for me to do, not that I'm complaining of course.

"Yep! You've been doing such a good job lately that there really isn't much for you to do today. But anyway, I better get going, don't wanna keep Fluttershy waiting!" Twilight said ending the conversation with a smile.

She then walked out the door before saying a simple "see ya later!"

'The faster I start my chores the faster I can finish!' was the mindset I was in as I walked over to the new books.

Using my claws, I cut off the tape that sealed the cardboard box shut and opened the flaps to start taking the books out.

"The Pilot Wings: How to control flying machines!
Banjo and Kazooies
Silver Eye

The Perfect Darkness"
I said reading the titles out loud. These all sounded somewhat interesting at least when compared to what Twilight normally reads...

I then grabbed a extra large book thinking it was the same book Twilight was going on about earlier, but when I saw the cover I quickly thought otherwise.

Paper Mario

Just from the cover alone, I could tell that this was some sort of foals book but.. It looked so... Cool! It's like one of those worlds that you would imagine while growing up.

Now don't get the wrong idea! I'm a really mature dragon... But uhh... I-I can still dream... And do pretend adventures with Owlicious...

I still had more books to take out and organize... Buuuut, one quick peek wouldn't hurt.









Today... I'm going to tell you a story of "Star Spirits and Good Wishes"

Flipping over to the next page, I saw the page pop and display an alter of some kind. I never realized that this was a paper pop-up book... But I guess I should have expected this when I read the title.

far, far away, above the sky, way above the clouds, it's been said that there's a haven where the Stars live.
In the sanctuary of Star Haven there rests a fable treasure called the Star Rod, which has the power to grant all wishes.
Using the wondrous Star Rod, the seven revered Star Spirits watched over our world carefully... Very carefully.

I turned the page again I saw something that was so peculiar that I couldn't help but say.
"What the?" Out loud.
There is like, some sort of witch on a broom stick taped onto this page over a mostly empty room. The only other thing I noticed was what I would assume was the Star Rod and Star Spirits surrounding it.
"Who stuck that weird thing onto the page?"

Ha ha ha!

I nearly jumped out of my scales when I heard a voice boom from the library.
It's also at this point I notice that the book started to move on its own. Well erm, not walking around moving but, stuff in the pages started to move, like some sort of theater play.


I did!
Gwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!
So I can at long last, beat my archenemy, Mario!
So I'll take this Star Rod!

I was so confused by what was happening, was this some sort of magic book that Twilight ordered?

Do it Kammy Koopa!

It's then the witch that was taped into the story raised her wand and cast a spell!

The loud and gruff voice, now in the picture came into view.
He was some sort of... Turtle would be my guess, but he had a lot more spikes then any turtle I would know. He was also riding some sort of... Reverse Clown Helicopter?

I never understood the helicopter that Pinkie had... But this thing was practically making my head spin trying to figure out how it worked.

It was then he breathed some fire into the Star Rod causing the Star Spirits to recoil in fear, then he flew up to the Star Rod and grabbed it.

Yeah! Now let's try using it!

Suddenly a bright flash appeared from the book causing the Star Spirits to fly to the witch that I think was called Kammy, and began to shrink and be turned into cards!

It was then that I felt a gust start to suck me towards the book! I quickly began to try to grab something, but it didn't matter. I flew into the book and began to hear some sort of mysterious voice say.

Stop it! Cut it out, Bowser!!
You're changing the story!!



Bwa ha ha... We did it!
That was a piece o' cake!
Gwa ha ha!


At this point everything turned white.


Now Star Kids will rise to Star Haven to deliver peoples wishes...
...but those wishes will not come true.
Whatever can they do?










I felt that this was gonna be a long day...

Author's Note:

This was originally was gonna be a Thousand Year Door story... But a Fimfiction user known as Sakunyan beat me to it... (go check out that story)

But anyway, I plan to make the chapters much longer in the future, but for now... I better get working in that prologue.