• Published 14th May 2014
  • 6,557 Views, 186 Comments

I Am Fire, I Am... Death - Raven Shadow

  • ...
10
 186
 6,557

Insidious Drake

Twilight gathered her courage to step closer to the massive fire drake, each step held a tremble. Foul air wafted from Smaug's jaws, the smell of dead flesh proved to be to much for the equine to handle. After spilling the contents of her breakfast did the youngest Alicorn stand straight, until the dragon's breath hit her again.

Most of the mares barely held their composure as Smaug's foul breath wafted towards them, the only one unaffected was Fluttershy. Seeing this one pony who could stand the scent of dead flesh, Smaug leaned closer to the butter yellow pegasi with a scowl etched on his reptilian face.

"You are the first not to shrink in fear of me, why?" Smaug asked Fluttershy who stood tall.

"Well um... my friends told me to face my fears, that's what I'm doing now." The normally timid pegasus began with an audible gulp.

"So you're one of the few on this miserable world who genuinely fears dragons, good." Smaug chuckled. "You I will speak with, they will not be allowed to speak unless I address them."

"Um but they are my friends they can sat what they want, um if that's okay with you that is."

"No." Smaug replied coldly.

"Hey what's your problem hoof for brains?" Came Rainbow Dash's voice, it served only to further Smaug's anger. "You just roasted those changelings, we could have you booted from Equestria!"

"You dare to challenge me?! I who laid low an entire Dwarven kingdom alone! I who destroyed a city of men with ease! I who just "roasted" those insects? What power do you have over I, Smaug the golden!? Nothing, that is exactly what you have against me." Smaug spat at the most daring of the ponies, his eyes and chest began to glow until the butter yellow pony flew into his vision.

"You will not speak to my friends like that! Now tell Rainbow Dash you're sorry!" Fluttershy scolded, earning a chuckle from the colossal drake.

"Friends, weakness! Leave my sight before I choose your fate, and trust me you will not enjoy it." Smaug began to climb the mountain side, the unholy glow died down.

"Leave him be Fluttershy, I think maybe we better not wake the big baby." Rainbow Dash said as she turned away, unaware of Smaug's excellent hearing.

Within seconds the ground shook as Smaug landed. His rage burned brightly in his eyes as he took a massive inhale of air.

"Girls run!" Twilight screamed, she knew what was about to happen. Time slowed for the Alicorn as the fires were let lose at the group, the flames lit the skies as bright as if it were noon. Her sharp instincts called up a magical barrier against the dragon fire long enough for the teleportation spell to take effect.

Smaug cut off the flames as soon as he noticed the distinct lack of burning flesh, he growled in hatred as his keen eyes witnessed a small flash of light barely reach over the tree line. With a huff he shot into the sky, hell bent on making them suffer.


###########


Twilight fell face first onto her floor, with a groan she corrected her stance. The rest of the girls were inside as well, a little less for ware but alive.

"Ugh... Spike?" Twilight called out, as if on que the small dragon appeared in sight. "Send a letter to Celestia, tell her to come as quickly as possible."

"You got it!" He saluted. After twelve seconds the sound of him sending it off could be heard, Twilight sighed in relief as she knew help would be here soon. The others were now beginning to get their bearings inside the library, before any could celebrate both Luna and Celestia popped into view.

"Twilight! What happened, is everypony alright?" Celestia asked with a trace of fear in her kind features. Twilight nodded once for an answer, Celestia sighed in relief. "So what happened?"

"Really big dragon... hostile... probably on way..."

"How can this be? Luna and I drove the last hostile dragons from Equestria eons..." Before the solar princess could finish, something massive landed outside. "...ago."

Smaug's voice rumbled throughout the flimsy structures of the small town.

"Come now, don't be shy. Step into the light." His steps reverberated through the solid earth. "I smell you, I hear panic breaths. Perhaps you require me to hunt you down? Or was that what you had in mind, to be hunted like the prey you are?"

His foot falls shook the homes slightly, but enough to keep the ponies inside. Celestia peek ed outside to see this dragon, unaware he starring at the palace. Once they saw each other Celestia pulled her head back where as Smaug started towards Twilight's palace. "Ah, someone from this pint sized castle took interest. I will start there."

Within seconds Smaug landed upon the palace, his weight causing it to groan underneath his form. Before anypony could react Smaug tore away one of the walls, it was now or never. Celestia and Luna bolted straight out as the dragon leaned in, the collision knocked Smaug off the palace with two princesses on his neck.

"Tia? Did we hit a mountain?" Asked the lunar princess who saw stars twinkling in her vision. Celestia wobbled as she stood.

"No, we hit something far worse..."

Smaug's eyes snapped on their forms with malice, his rage hitting a breaking point. They would suffer for even touching his scales!

"Luna I think now would be a good time to get off him."

"We agree sister."

Their wings pushed away from the now snarling Smaug as he rolled to correct himself. His new enemies within sight, Smaug let lose a wall of flames toward the Alicorns with an angered desire to kill. Celestia reacted quickly, shielding her sister from the blast. Fire licked her skin without any pain or discomfort, Smaug noticed this and opted to smash her into the earth.

His tail caught her side sending Celestia down, her body skipped upon the ground leaving deep groves where she skidded to a halt. Smaug stalked towards her with his jaws opened and ready for a new meal, only to closed by chains conjured from thin air.

Luna landed upon Smaug's maw with fury as she charged another spell, Smaug violently shook his head side to side in an effort to shake her off. Luna couldn't hold her footing for long as this drake began to roll to knock her away. What the princess of the night didn't expect was to be smash between the palace walls and Smaug. With cruel joy Smaug pushed harder as he slowly dragged Luna across the surface.

To Luna's credit, had anypony be in this position they would have certainly died. As the pain built in intensity her concentration on the spell waned and finally broke, Smaug snarled in triumph.

"You didn't think you would actually think you best me?" Smaug gloated as he held Luna against the wall. "This was enjoyable while it lasted but I have a village to destr-"

Golden chains wrapped around Smaug's torso, holding his wings too close for comfort. While he struggled with these chains more surrounded his frame. Soon his legs and tail were hindered as well, forcing him to the ground. What was triumph became defeat for the last great fire drake of Middle-earth, in his vision he saw his captor drawing near; Celestia. Smaug growled with rage but his bindings would not give an inch as he struggled.

"Tia..." Luna's voice came softly as she lay in pain. Her left wing bent at an odd angle, broken from the dragon's cruel attack. "I hurt..."

Celestia ran to her sister's side, her face fell upon closer inspection of Luna's wing. "Don't worry Luna, you'll be fine... TWILIGHT!"

The lavender Alicorn popped into existence besides her former mentor, a pulse of magic numbed the wing so Twilight would be able to assist Luna. Celestia instructed the young princess to get medical treatment for Luna as soon as possible. Her fury now was fully turned to the drake who tried standing but failed.

"Who are you dragon?! Speak!" Celestia commanded.

"I am commanded by nothing, especially not one like you! Release me and I may make your death quick, but her..." His eyes focused on Luna. "She won't be so lucky."

"I swear if you even harm one hair on her head, let's just say the sun isn't a welcoming place to be." Celestia stated coldly.

"Was that a threat pony?"

"No that was a promise." Celestia walked towards the hospital as she gave the drake her message, Smaug growled with hatred ever growing within his heart towards ponies.

Author's Note:

Well shit over 40 likes? Hell if it this story gets 100 I'll eat crickets and post a video of it.