• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 12,391 Views, 600 Comments

The 7th Element - thunderhawk7865



A young high school musician is transported to Equestria by Celestia. RD x OC

  • ...
82
 600
 12,391

Sweet Apple Acres

Chapter 11: Sweet Apple Acres

Morning the next day saw Ponyville a little more abuzz than usual. Talk started swirling around about a hot new stallion that rocked the club last night. 'Equestria Girls' was being hummed and quietly sung around every corner by almost everypony, and the occasional group of mares giggling and gossiping about where the stallion went without staying for the after-party could be found every once and a while.

These were only a few of the observations made by Dan as he strolled through town the next day. At first glance, the stallion could be considered in a happy mood, and one would think it was because of his new job as assistant DJ and musician at the Club.

Sure, that was part of it, but the real reason was Rainbow Dash.

The mare made him happy. Out of all the girls he had hung out with on Earth, the one he could relate to the most and have the most fun with was a pony from a different world. A flying pony with a long flowing rainbow mane, which for some reason he was starting to find incredibly attractive.

Another reason for his joyous mood was his new-found ability to fly.

Not only had Rainbow Dash's lesson taught him how to actually leave the ground without face-planting, he got the hang of it really quickly; being able to sustain himself in the air while catching a speeding Rainbow Dash after a Sonic Rainboom was certainly something to brag about.

Ace had no particular place to go that day. PON-3 had given him the first day off, because the rave left the club a complete mess. PON-3 explained that it would be closed all day for clean-up, so Ace took his pay from that rave, 50 bits (as the money was called there), and decided to go exploring around town.

"Thank you so much." Ace nodded at the brown stallion selling saddlebags at a stall.

"No prob, Ace." The stallion smiled. "Hoof crafted the bass clef on there for ya', just like ya' wanted."

"How much do I owe you?" Ace said, producing the bit-bag from underneath his right wing.

"For you? It's free, brony. You shook up the town last night, and I had more fun than I ever had before in my entire life!" The stallion did a little jump. "First one's on te' house, but next time, ya' pay."

Ace grabbed the bag with his teeth and flung it onto his back. It was a black color with white stitching and a blue bass clef stitched onto both sides. "I don't know what to say..." Ace said, tossing a few bits on the table. "I've gotta pay you something..."

The stallion took the bits and said, "That's all I need, brony. Keep up the good work at the club!"

"Will do!" Ace said and he turned and walked away.

"Okay, let's see... Get a saddlebag... Check!" He tossed the bit-bag into the right pack and closed it. "Get lunch at Sugar Cube Corner again... Check! Visit Sweet Apple Acres and buy some apples from AJ... Not checked."

He looked around town, trying to remember which way the apple orchard was. "Excuse me..." He approached a group of mares who were talking. "Could you tell me which way Sweet Apple Acres is?"

"Omigosh, it's him..." One mare said, pointing a hoof. "It's Ace, the new DJ singer!"

"Yes..." Ace said, nodding slowly. "That would be me. Now, could you answer my-"

"Hey hey, where'd you go after the rave last night, huh?" One mare said.

"Yeah! Was there a mare you had to see!?" Another suggested.

"Are you a spy for Nightmare Moon? Did you have a secret meeting with her!?" Another barked.

"She's good now, you dolt." The first one remarked.

More and more mares crowded around asking questions, getting closer and closer to Ace until finally he shouted, "OK! ENOUGH!"

He took off from out of the center of the mares, and he thanked Celestia that none of the ones who were down there were Pegasai. "I thank you for your warm welcome into Ponyville, but I think I'm more than capable of finding the apple orchard myself. Good day, ladies!" He took a quick bow in the air, before zooming off higher into the sky.

Chuckling at the sounds of the disappointed mares on the ground behind him, Dan flew upwards and did a few spins and twists in the air for fun. He stopped and looked around. "There it is!"

Just ahead and down below was a giant field of apple trees. In the middle of it, near the dirt road, he could see a barn-esque house.

He zoomed down and landed skillfully on a fence post near the house. He smiled, "How quaint." He hopped down and shouted. "Yo, Applejack! You here?"

"Nnnope. She should be back from town any minute now, though." A large red stallion with orange hair who was kicking a tree to get apples down said nearby.

"Oh, sorry for shouting. I didn't know you were there." Dan said, walking over.

"It's no prob, partner." The stallion kicked the tree again, causing more apples to fall.

It was then he realized this stallion's Southern drawl was the same as AJ's. "Are you related to Applejack?" He wondered out loud.

"Eeeyup." The stallion remarked, picking up a bucket of apples with his teeth and pouring them into a cart. "Im 'er older brother. Name's Big Macintosh." He dropped the bucket and extended a hoof.

"Blue Bass. Or Ace for short." Dan took his hoof and shook it.

Upon hearing Dan's pony name, Big Mac narrowed his eyes, smiling, "Na' hold on..." he pointed. "Yer that fancy singin' pony AJ wouldn't shut up about last night..."

"I'm that popular with little AJ, huh?" Dan sighed. "Yeah, that was me."

"Eeeyup, that's what I was thinkin'." He turned and went back to his apples. "So, why'd ya'll decide to grace our humble farm with yer' presence, DJ Ace?" He said while going over to another tree and starting to kick it, causing even more apples to fall.

Ace walked with him, "Well, when I first arrived here, AJ gave me a sample of your apples, and I have to say, they were the best freaking apples I've ever tasted."

"Eeyup, that sounds about right." Big Mac said as he side-stepped to avoid falling apples.

Dan laughed, "You know your orchard is the best... That's very humbling."

Big Mac chuckled a deep-chested little laugh. "True, but ya'll still ain't answered mah question."

Dan shook his head, "Right. Well, she invited me to the orchard once I'd settled in and made some money to buy some apples for myself."

Big Mac stopped and walked toward Dan, "So, mah little sister invited ya'll over here ta buy some apples, huh?"

"That sounds about right." Dan said, smirking. "For a discount..."

Big Mac chuckled again, "Eeyup. Glad that's what ya'll think the real reason she invited ya'll over here is." He walked by Dan pulling his apple-cart.

"Wait...what?" Dan took off and flew above Big Mac. "Whatdya mean?"

"She's obviously taken a likin' to ya, partner. She ain't never given no discount to anypony."

"Great..." Dan thought. "Another mare to worry about."

"AJ likes me, huh?"

"Did ya' not hear the part about her not bein' able ta shut up about ya'll last night?" Big Mac laughed a hearty laugh this time. "Eeeyup, yer one sorry clueless stallion."

Dan landed on the cart. "Well, not anymore. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll be careful around her."

Big Mac turned his head as he pulled and raised an eye at him. "So you ain't gonna try nuthin' funny with mah baby sister right?"

It Dan's turn to laugh. "Of course not. I...kinda already have a mare in my life, but I'm sure where it's going yet."

"Good." Big Mac turned his head back around. "Just let 'er down gently when da time comes..."

"Will do, Big Mac. Can I call you Big Mac?" Dan said, taking off and flying next to the large stallion.

"Can do, partner. Can I still call ya'll fancy pretty singin' colt?"

Dan laughed, "No, you'll have to ditch that."

"I cin live with that." Big Mac chuckled.

"Big Mac! Where the hay are ya'?" AJ's voice rang through the grounds outside the house as Dan and Big Mac approached.

"Out here, sis!" Big Mac shouted back. "And I brought ya'll a visitor!"

AJ emerged from the barn, taking off her own saddlebag. She turned and yelled back, "What'd ya'll me-oh!" She blushed as Ace landed gracefully in front of her, folding up his wings. "Ace..." She smiled. "I see ya'll have accepted mah invite for some apples?"

"Of course!" Dan said, looking around. "Man, that last one was so good, I can't WAIT for another."

"Big Mac wasn't givin' ya no trouble, was he?" AJ shot a dirty look at Big Mac, who just smiled cheekily.

"Not at all!" Dan leapt backwards and patted Big Mac's shoulder. "We were just getting to know each other... Hey brony, wanna hang out some time? I can get us in to the club for free."

Big Mac smiled, "Eeyup, I'm in. Sounds like a rip-snortin' good time. Brohoof?"

"Brohoof..." Big Mac and Dan clashed hooves and AJ laughed. "Glad ta see mah big bro and my new...friend...are gettin' along so well."

Dan trotted forward gesturing to his saddlebags, "Now, about my apples, I was thinking three dozen will hold me over for a week or two. How much will that be?"

"Ten bits a dozen." AJ smiled. "But for ya'll, ah'll give ya three dozen for the price of two."

Big Mac snorted and rolled his eyes behind Dan. After shooting Big mac another dirty look, AJ smiled at Dan again. "Ah'll go and get three dozen fer ya. Stay put, ya' hear?"

"I'm not going anywhere, AJ. Don't worry." Dan gave a mock salute, causing AJ to blush and giggle as she walked inside the barn to retrieve the apples.

Dan sighed, "The day will come where I'll have to tell her I'm not interested..."

"And?" Big Mac walked up next to him.

"That's days gonna bucking suck."

"Eeeyup." Big Mac sighed.