• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 1,706 Views, 29 Comments

In the Memory of a Princess - CatFlash



When Celestia and Luna pass away, Princess Celestia puts the Mane Six in charge of running the kingdom. She guides them through her dead words and leaves important magic for them to use while ruling Equestria.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,706

Chapter Five

Twilight was staring in surprise at the pony standing before her.
In a cold voice, she asked, “What are you doing here, Blue Dream?”
The attractive stallion looked her in the eyes.
“Twilight, I think we are both smart enough to figure out why I am here…”
“If that is the reason, you can forget it, and-”
The dark blue horse put his hoof up to Twilight’s mouth to silence her.
“Shhhhh… Twilight. Please. Even though you are a very important princess and all now, I would hate to see what lies in your future if you start that conversation up again. Now. Here is the deal. You do what I say, or your friend here dies.”
The prince pulled out a small, purple dragon from behind his back. The dragon was trapped inside of a bubble, and he was pounding on the cage with his fists.
“Spike!” Twilight cried.
The stallion smiled cooley and began to chuckle a bit.
“Now. You will do as I say.”
With that, the chortling pony made Spike vanish into thin air. He took Twilight by the arm and tried dragging her to her suite.
“NO!” she cried out. Immediately, she was stuck by the angry stallion.
“Shut up, or you will not get Spike back!”
Prince Blue Dream lead a struggling Twilight to her suite.
The door slammed shut behind them.
“So. How long did you think you could avoid me for?” He asked this with a cocky grin as he began to back her up towards the bed.
“You know? I’ve been thinking. Maybe what happened last time was a big mistake. I know that you were scared, and …” Blue Dream continued to talk as he slowly backed her up, but Twilight wasn’t paying any attention to what he was saying.
Behind him, the door had slowly opened, and standing in the doorway was a pony with a gamboge colored coat and a moderate sapphire blue mane.
His eyes opened wide when he saw what was occurring.
Twilight quickly looked back to Blue Dream so she would not draw any attention to the pony.
“... so Twilight. Let us begin.”
As the dark stallion began to advance on Twilight, he suddenly flinched and fell to the ground. Behind him was the gamboge stallion, holding a chair above his head.
“Wow. Didn’t expect him to get knocked out that fast!” exclaimed the pony.
Twilight was looking at him in wonder.
“How did you find me?” she asked tentatively.
“Oh. I heard you yell.” he replied as he set the chair down.
“Forgive me,” the stallion continued. “My name is Flash Sentry, one of the guards here, and I’m guessing that you are none other than the royal princess Twilight Sparkle. Am I right?”
“Yes.” Twilight said as she put magical hoove-cuffs onto Blue Dream’s wrists. She closed her eyes and there was a sudden pop, and Spike appeared.
“Wha?… whaaaaaa!”
He began to run around in circles screaming, when he finally noticed the two puzzled ponies staring at him.
Spike stopped and laughed nervously.
“Ha… ha?”
Twilight rolled her eyes as Spike took in his surroundings. He noticed the evil stallion in hoove- cuffs and grinned.
“Thanks Twi!” he exclaimed. “I’m… I’m gonna go to bed…”
Spike gave Twilight a hug and ran out of the room.
There was an awkward silence as Twilight and Flash stood in the chamber looking sheepishly at the ground.
Flash cleared his throat.
“Um, I guess I’ll see you around, Twilight.”
A grin slowly crept onto his face as he looked at her.
“Yeah, it’s good to meet you.” Twilight said in a quiet and embarrassed voice.
Flash walked over to the unconscious pony on the ground and stood in front of him. Flash’s horn began to glow and Blue Dream stirred from his slumber of sorts.
Flash helped the unicorn up from the floor and walked him out of the room.
As they were leaving, Flash looked over his shoulder to glance at Twilight. When they made eye contact, he gave her one more sheepish grin before the door closed behind them.
Twilight smiled to herself.
“Oh my god! He’s soooo hot! Wait- why am I getting all mushy over some guy? I mean, he’s just a guard. But he is cute.”
Twilight flopped onto her bed and sighed.
She was so tired, but she couldn’t stop thinking about Flash Sentry, the brave, handsome unicorn that saved her from the utter horrors of being raped by the dastardly Prince Blue Dream.
“I would have been able to protect myself… probably. But, last time I wasn’t! He is possessed with a strange but strong dark magic. He’s not evil, he just uses his powers in bad ways. I am more powerful now… but if I had tried to stop him, I could have killed him! I would have been arrested! I have no control over my new powers, so I dared not use them against him in my defense.”
These thoughts played through her head again and again. Twilight thought she would never fall asleep.
But, as she rolled over, her mind slipped away into a deep, peaceful slumber.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the slight wait! I hope you like it!