• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 912 Views, 4 Comments

Chaos and Order - Damien Helvian



The First Tragic Love Story of Equestria

  • ...
0
 4
 912

The First Love

Yet another day, I will never forget. It came as a surprise, those words she said. I didn't believe it at first, she was so young, so naive...but in time they'd prove themselves to be truer than anything ever.

It had been a few years since I'd started teaching her the ways of ancient, and chaotic magics. Our picnics, of course, continued. But, once a week, we'd go to the clearing in Everfree, where all magic was amplified, to practice.

I taught her all sorts of spells, transformation, conjuring, weather manipulation, mind manipulation. Some, she was safe to use, others, she promised never to use. I taught them all though, for the sake of knowledge. She's the only one I'd ever trust with such spells.

It was on one of these nights that it happened. I'd just finished teaching her about time travel. A spell that was safe to use, but taboo. There were many like it already in the Royal Archives, forbidden to even know. But, as Royalty, she was given leeway. But, to be on the safe side, it would be forever a secret.

After she had finished practicing, finished perfecting the spell, she ran up to me, and gave me a hug. This one was different from others she had given me, gentle, caring, warm. And then she spoke those wonderful words, "I love you, Dizzy."

I looked down in shock, "You can't mean that. I am just your friend, and teacher. Besides, I'm much, much older than you. And you, are young, too young to possibly know."

Pain struck me, as she slapped me across the face with a hoof, "Dizzy, you know how smart I am. And you know I'd never lie to you. I mean it, I love you, i really do." Next came emotional pain, as tears started to well up in her eyes, "D-don't you love me? I m-mean...sometimes I see it, in your eyes...I-I was sure-"

"Stop....no need to continue. You're right, dear Tia...I do love you, I've loved you since the day we met....and before you get weirded out, let me explain. I exist beyond time, I've taught you this already. Sometimes I catch glimpses of the future...when I first saw you, I saw what you would become...and I was smitten. I've been waiting for that day, when your visage would match the one I saw that night..."

Her tears grew larger, but they were different. Tears of joy, not of sadness or despair, "D-do you really mean it? I-I'm going to be beautiful? And...you love me?" She hugged me tighter, and kissed my cheek. An innocent kiss, of course, but, a kiss that would eventually become one of love.

"I can't wait until I'm her...me...the one you saw. Because that means I'll be old enough for us to be together, right?" I smiled, kissing her cheek in return, "Yes, my little pony, it does."

We embraced for some time, lovingly, warmly. But, soon our thoughts turned back to practice. And even though we were distracted, ever so slightly, things went well. Dawn came, and she returned to the palace. My heart ached already, being apart. It was a love so true, that it was beyond time itself, just as I was. But it was a tragic love...I'm sure you've already figured that out.

Until the next memory...we part.