• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 6,014 Views, 151 Comments

Puny Purple Pony: From Padded to Proud - Autum Breeze



Twilight tries to redo her experiment with portals to other worlds. An accident was bound to happen

  • ...
50
 151
 6,014

Chapter 1 - Back to the Farm

Puny Purple Pony- From Padded to Proud

Chapter 1

Back to the Farm

___________________________________________________________

“Okay, if this angle of the Ursa Major is there and the pony nebula is there, then the portal should be ready right about... NOW!”

Twilight sent a spark of magic into the machine and it began. Gears spun into action as dishes pointed up at the sky to record the data.

In a flash of what looked like magnified moonlight, the mirror lit up, just like before and, like before, Twilight shielded her eyes behind a hoof from the initial blast but jumped for joy when she saw the solid surface of the mirror ripple like water once again.

This time she had been careful in her calculations. She had made it so there was a selection of three different worlds, which she shifted between access to with a spark from her horn.

It had been a few months since her last attempt that had landed her in the Big Ponies world, where she’d only been the size of a foal and treated like one by two kind farm ponies.

She pushed that from her mind. She needed to know which three worlds she’d linked to and whether or not Celestia would give her permission to go in and explore them.

She had wanted somepony with her right now, just in case her eagerness started getting the better of her again and she wound up in a worse situation than simply being mistaken for a foal, but none of them were able to get off of work right now and Spike was helping Rarity with her dresses.

She shook her head at how easily Rarity could wrap Spike around her hoof with a single request and how he wouldn’t hesitant and returned her focus to the mirror, looking into the first of the three worlds.

The first world was the one she had followed after Sunset Shimmer into after going through the magic mirror in the Crystal Empire.

A small part of her wanted to go there and say hi to all her Canterlot High friends, see how they were doing and how Sunset was doing after she’d learned about friendship.

However, she knew this wasn’t the time. Maybe she would, once the bridges to the world had been solidified, but, til then, she had to resist going to see her friends again.


Pushing these thoughts aside, she moved the image to the next world currently available for transport to.

It was another world of ponies, like Equestria, expect...

Twilight frowned. The ponies through the mirror looked... strange. Their forms were slightly off and... why were there ponies with butterfly wings? And were those two ponies Scootaloo and Ceerilee? They looked sort of like them. But why were they the same age?

She shook her head. She’d ask Celestia about it later. She needed to finish her work here, then she could ask the sun goddess about the strange ponies.


She moved the image to the third world and felt a tiny flicker in her heart. It was the world of the Big Ponies.

She wondered how things had been there since she’d left. Had Big Mare and Big Stallion had their own foal? They certainly deserved one. The kindness they’d shown Twilight had alsoment made her wish Celestia hadn’t come for her.

She still had the hooved pajamas from her visit.

Despite the fact that they were made for a foal to wear, Twilight had taken to wearing them regularly on cold nights and even normal nights. It gave her a nostalgic feel, reminding her of her time as a filly and they were so comfy she couldn't help but smile whenever she sleep in them.

She wondered if she should go and visit the two, see how things were doing there.

Celestia had taught her a few words. Though Twilight had suspicions that the words meant things different from what Celestia told her they were.

She sighed as she shook the thoughts from her mind.

She couldn’t go back. Not without preparation, anyway. If she went now, she could end up with a more difficult scenario than she’d ended up in last time.

“Would that really be so bad?”

Twilight almost flinched, but instead merely groaned, which was followed by a loud popping sound and Discord appearing above the mirror, his body draped over it.

“What do you want, Discord?” she asked, turning away from him and writing down the co-ordinates to the strange pony world portal from before, since some of it hadn’t registered via the machine, but that she’d taken notice of.

Discord flopped onto the ground. “Can’t a friend simply pop in from time to time.”

Twilight sighed. “I suppose. But it would really be nice if you could at least once send a letter ahead so I could a prepared. I’m kinda in the middle of something right now.”

The draconequus slumped into the couch, closing his eyes. “Where’s the fun in that? I like to make an entrance, Twilight Sparkle. How can I do that when ponies are expecting me?”

Twilight wanted to retort, but Discord actually had an interesting point there, so she remained silent and finished jotting down the co-ordinates of the strange pony world.

“I wonder how things would’ve gone, had you remained in that world longer?”

Discord’s question caused Twilight to turn, only to find him standing in front of the mirror. She looked in and saw Big Mare and Big Stallion’s farmhouse.

Discord clicked his fingers and suddenly Twilight found herself wearing the hooved pajamas the Big Ponies had given her.

She glared at Discord. “What’re you doing?”

The draconequus snickered. “You just look so cute like that, Twily. If I were to make myself as big as the Big Ponies you’d be like a cute widdle foal to me, just as you were to them,” he pointed to the portal. “Do you think you would’ve like spending more time there before Celly found you?”

“Would it have really mattered?” she asked, turning around and starting to walk away from him, trying not to admit she was kinda glad he’d put the pajamas on her. Their warm was nice. “I’m already full grown, so they would’ve learned I wasn’t a real foal sooner or later.”

A chuckle was Discord’s reply. “Have you forgotten you’re an alicorn now, Princess Twilight?”

Twilight stopped and rolled her eyes, but didn’t turn around. “Yes, Discord, I’ve noticed.” She flapped her wings. “Kinda hard not to.”

“Then are you forgetting that, now you’re an alicorn, you’re going to start growing again, until you’re the same size as Luna, or even Celestia?”

“I’m what?” Twilight cried, whirling around.

However, in her haste, she had not seen Discord’s tail, which he had left lying on the floor.

Her suddenly movements caused the tail to twist around her legs, causing Discord to shout an annoyed, “Hey!” before she fell forward, her momentum sending her tumbling forward, rolling into the portal and disappearing through it.

Discord blinked. He had not planned that at all, but a devilish grin arouse on his muzzle.

“Well, I don’t see the harm in letting Twily enjoy a few more days as their foal,” he clicked his fingers, his magic sending a mind wipe of certain parts of the last couple months to Twilight and the two Big Ponies, including any memory of Celestia coming to take Twilight back.

Wait, the draconequus pouted, putting his claw to his mouth. That wouldn’t be likely if Celestia has access to the portal, and I cannot simply sabotage it. If I do that, I’ll get the blame.

He pondered for a bit. How could he ensure Twilight remained in the Big Ponies world for a few days without Celestia interfering?

A thought came and he grinned, clicking his fingers.

The magic of the portal suddenly halted, freezing in place. Now, the portal was open, but for sixteen days it would be impossible to access. Even he could not override this.

This was going to be so much fun.

___________________________________________________________

Twilight groaned, rubbing her forehead.

What had just happened? It felt like when she’d fallen into Big Mare and Big Stallion’s world the first time.

She opened her eyes and looked around. She was standing on a porch that was far larger than any in Eqestria, but very familiar.

She got up and looked around. It was Big Mare and Big Stallion’s farm. She was back in the Big Ponies world.

Her right eye twitched and she shouted to the heavens, “DISCORD!”

At once, her head felt light and she fell onto her rump, hold a hoof to her forehead. She felt as if something was off.

“Why...? Why was I just shouting Discord’s name?” she murmured, unable to understand why she’d done that.

She looked around, confused.

What was she doing outside on the porch? Hadn’t she just been inside showing Big Mare and Big Stallion how smart she was with mathematics? How had she gone from there to out here?

Maybe she’d fallen asleep? Yeah, maybe that was it. She’d been pretty tired when she’d arrived, so maybe a little of her fatigue had been left over and caused her to fall asleep.

Though that didn’t explain why she was outside, she assumed that maybe the two ponies had brought her out to play while they did some of their chores. Since this was a farm, they must have a lot to do.

Wait. She looked around. Where were Big Mare and Big Stallion? She couldn’t see them anyway and two giant ponies are kinda hard to miss.

If they weren’t out here with her, then her hypothesis was moot, because it couldn’t work otherwise.

Maybe she’d teleported out by accident and the resulting suddenly shift in molecules had caused her temporary amnesia? Yeah, that sounded... slightly plausible.

It was then that Twilight noticed something was missing. She shifted a little, trying to figure it out.

She was wearing the hooved pajamas Big Mare had put on her, so that wasn’t missing... she hadn’t had anything else, though, so why did she feel like something...?

The alicorn frowned. She shifted her rump. Her diaper was missing.

This was definitely puzzling. She couldn’t have removed the diaper if she’d wanted to, even with her magic back ,because it might have hurt her hosts’ feelings, so why wasn’t it on her now.

Twilight tried to remember what she’d been doing last.

“I was... doing some very advanced maths equations...” she said, thinking over the scene in her mind. “And then... um... I... drew a picture! Yes, I remember: I drew a picture of the three of us together because... because...”

She frowned, opening her eyes. “Why did I draw that picture? And when did I go from writing advanced calculus to drawing a picture like a foal in kindergarten?”

Twilight sat down again and went over the memory.

A few seconds later her eyes widened with horror. She couldn’t remember what had happened after drawing the picture! The next thing in her memory after the picture was her waking up on the porch like when she’d first arrived, only wearing her pajamas this time.

She tried to use her magic and was filled with a cold fear when her horn only gave off a few sparks. Was her magic still recovering? Had earlier only been a small stash of magic that had recuperated?

If that was the case... She looked around fearfully. If that was the case, then she was outside, with no magic, no way of defending herself, the size of a foal compared to everything in this world and she had no idea where Big Mare and Big Stallion were.

Twilight did the only logical thing anypony in her situation would do. She started to panic.

___________________________________________________________

Pitchfork and Fresh Veggies walked down the path leading from Ponyville to their farm, Pitchfork pulling an empty wagon on his back.

Fresh sighed, which caught her husband’s attention. It was mournful sigh, one he had heard a lot over the last five months.

“Honey, she wasn’t ours, we both knew it couldn’ last,” he tried to comfort her as she walked alongside him.

She looked at him, tears in her eyes. “Ah know, Pitch. It’s just... after what the doctors’ told us, she was our first real chance at havin' a family.”

He sighed and nodded, then shook his head. “Ah know. Ah cannot believe so many orphanages are empty. The one here in our own town, Coltsdale, Manehatten, Baltimare. How can none of them have any orphans?” He sighed again. “Great. That makes me sound like Ah wish some foal was orphaned.”

His wife was about to respond, when she felt a weird light-headedness come over her and he soon followed.

“When did we...? How are we outside?” Pitchfork asked after he shaken the dizziness from his mind.

“Ah... Ah don’t know,” Fresh replied, frowning. “Last thing Ah remember, the li'le foal was givin' us a picture she drew of the three of us and...”

They both went ridged and glanced at the cart, seeing nothing inside it aside from the bag of bits they'd made from selling their produce.

“We left the foal at home on her own!” they both cried.

Fresh ran off, leaving her husband to follower her at a slower pace thanks to the wagon he was pulling.

Fresh couldn’t think about that though. That poor abandoned foal was all alone at the house, probably terrified.

When an image of the poor dear crying, Fresh increased her speed into a galloped and flew down the road to the farm, leaving her husband in the dust.

___________________________________________________________

Twilight paced back and forth on the porch, her nerves causing her to jump at any sound she knew she hadn’t made herself.

Where were Big Mare and Big Stallion? What was she doing outside? How had she gotten outside? And where was her diaper?

True, not exactly a normal question the alicorn would have asked, but the fact that one second she remembered being inside and wearing it under her pajamas and the next she found herself outside, all alone, without it, was a cause for alarm in her books right.

These weren't the only things worrying her, though. What scared her was she was outside, with no idea how to get in. Without her magic, she was stuck.

And things in this world were was huge. There was no telling what kind of creature she could run into here. Even a dog would be dangerous and she couldn’t use her magic to defend herself should the need arise, which she was sure it would.

The sound of galloping caused Twilight to jump and she quickly hid behind a pot plant that, if she wasn’t so scared, Twilight would’ve realized even a real foal would’ve still been visible behind.

As the galloping slowed down a little, Twilight cautiously peeked out form her heading place.

Her face lit up. Big Mare!

She tried to ran to the Big Pony, never happier to see her before since she’d arrived, but her pajamas’ stagged a little on a thorn from the plant in the pot and she faltered.

Her balance compromised, she tumbled forward, like a foal taking their first steps.

Within seconds, she heard a shout from Big Mare and felt herself being lifted up into the forehooves of the large pony.

She wrapped her hooves around Big Mare’s neck, tears streaming down her face. She’d never been so scared in all her life, not even when facing all the villains she had, back in Equestria.

Big Mare stroked Twilight’s back with a hoof, not seeming to question how Twilight had gotten outside in the first place and made sound that Twilight could tell were meant to hush her and calm her down.

A few minutes later, the sound of galloping returned and Big Stalltion arrived, pulling the two of them into a group hug.

Twilight wished she could remember what happened, how she gotten outside and why they’d left her there, but her mind refused to give her the information she so desperately wanted.

However, why they’d left her did not matter right now. The fact was that they’d come back. If they hadn’t there was no telling what could have happened to her.

After a few minutes of hugging and what Twilight assumed were apologies from the two Big Ponies, she was brought inside.

At once, they all felt something was off. A few things in the room were moved from where they had been when Twilight had been doing the maths equation.

Twilight looked to the couch and saw her colours books weren’t there, which caused her to frown. How had they just vanished?

Big Stallion went off upstairs to where he’d left the bag with the foal supplies and Big Mare took Twilight to the couch and sat there, holding the alicorn in her hooves.

Twilight frowned as she tried to figure this out. Something had happened between her writing maths, to drawing that picture, to when she’d found herself outside.

She could feel it there, in the back of her mind, but couldn’t remember what it was. It was there enough so she could sense its presence, but not enough to know what it was.

A loud shout from upstairs made both mares jump.

Big Mare quickly put Twilight on her back and hurried upstairs to see what her husband had shouted for, Twilight clinging to her, wondering the same thing.

Twilight might not fully understand their language, but she’d heard the surpise in Big Stallion’s voice. Something was upstairs he hadn’t been expecting.

Big Mare hurried down a hallway with several doors, stopping in front of one that was opened out.

Twilight’s eyes widened when she saw the patterns on the door. There were birds, flowers and trees. It was designs the likes of which you’d put on a foal’s nursery door.

With that thought entering her mind, Twilight was only the tiniest big not surprised when Big Mare walked the two of them into a brightly coloured nursery.

The walls were painted with apples and other fruits, the floor was padded and blue, there was a changing table, stoked and ready and, in the farthest corner, a blue crib with a star mobile.

Big Stallion was standing in the center of the room, his mouth hanging open. The two mares were imitating him without meaning to.

All three knew this room hadn’t been here when they’d gotten up that morning.

The three ponies stood, shocked beyond words, not one of them able to understand how the nursery was there when it hadn’t been before.

After a few minutes of just staring around at the room, Twilight felt something that made her eyes widen.

She needed the toilet, badly. Her fear had kept her from noticing it, but now that she was calmed, even though she was also shocked by the sudden discovery of a surprise nursery when she hadn’t even been here for twenty-four hours, she realized she badly needed to use the rest room.

She tapped Big Mare’s head, trying to get her attention.

The mare turned to look at Twilight, seeming to come out of her stupor.

Twilight shifted from side to side, giving a strained face that she hoped said “I need to pee”, but Big Mare just looked at her with confusion.

Twilight almost facehoofed. Neither of them knew she didn’t have a diaper on and there was no time to get to the toilet and take her pajamas off herself. Though snug and comfortably warm, they took some time to get off if you weren’t using magic (Twilight only pondered how she could know this for a second due to her bladder’s pestering).

Twilight craned her neck to the butt-flat and used her teeth to unbutton it, then turned her flank to Big Mare.

A shocked sound came from her, meaning she understood why Twilight hadn’t simply gone already.

But before Twilight could even turn around again, she was swooped up, lain down on the changing table made, her pajamas taken off and Big Mare quickly went about putting a diaper on her.

Twilight wanted to protest, but her bladder made thinking of a good way of doing so impossible.

Once the diaper was secured around her, Big Mare nodded.

Twilight didn’t like where this was going, but she didn’t have a choice anymore. Her bladder couldn’t hold on any longer and she let herself go in the diaper.

After Twilight had finished, she gave Big Mare a nod to tell her so and the giant pony went about changing her diaper.

Quick as a flash, Twilight was back in a diaper, Big Mare smiling down at her.

"Thank you, ma'am," Twilight said, using a few of the words Celestia had taught her.

Wait. when had Celestia tried teaching her the language of the Big Ponies? She'd never been here before now, so how had she known about it?

Big Mare's eyes widened in shock, then her smile returned, warming this time.

She leaned in and nuzzled Twilight.

Something about the nuzzle didn't make sense to the alicorn, since it wasn't the response she'd been expected, but the warmth from it soothed her and she allowed herself to be lifted up onto Big Mare’s back and they all headed downstairs, Big Stallion still looking a little shaken up about finding a nursery he hadn’t even known about in his house.

With that all done, Twilight wondered why it had all happened in the first place.

So many things were weird, well, weirder than they had been what seemed like mere minutes ago to her.

She’d been in the living room showing the two Big Ponies her intelligence, then she’d drawn a picture that she couldn’t understand why she’d done so in the first place, she’d then found herself outside, without the use of her magic, all alone and without a diaper for whatever reason, Big Mare and Big Stallion had left her alone, some things in the house had moved since Twilight had been outside and now there was a nursery upstairs all three of them knew hadn’t been there in the morning.

Her head hurt, trying to understand the connection between all these things, but it just jumbled in her head, not making any sense.

She was missing something. Something obvious... but she couldn't figure out what it was.

Author's Note:

here's my idea of how the sequel starts.

just so you know, the next chapter will expand more into the Big Pony world and Twilight will have learned a way to communicate with the Big Ponies and learn their names and they will no she isn't really a foal.

I hope you all enjoy this and i plan on writing the next chapter tomorrow. don't know if this will be out before that, but i will be writing it tomorrow, since I'm currently don't have anything to do for anypony else right now, so i should be able to get a fiar bit it. once i get to a certain point in this fic, maybe a chapter or two more, I'll get back to fluttershy flutterguy and wings, a horn and hooves, and, later on, the next chapters of the princess and the foals. those fics aren't forgotten. i will get back to them. it's just a matter of time