• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 6,115 Views, 66 Comments

A Decade lost Founded Again - Dextroscity



Twilight disappeared over a Decade ago, her friends have long ago given up on finding her and moved on with their lives. But one day she returns reopening many wounds, can they cope with her return when she left willingly?

  • ...
27
 66
 6,115

Apples are Honest Jerks (Edited)

The extreme distance travelled and power of the teleport blew a crater a quarter-mile deep, half-mile wide destroying anything within the area of the teleport and produced a deafening shockwave. Fortunately for citizens of Appleloosa Twilight calculated for this and teleported four miles down south, at the edge of the Macintosh Hills. The only thing the citizens would feel would be a minor shockwave and some headaches for the few unicorns that lived there, but other than that it would just be an ordinary day for them. Not that Twilight really cared for all of those southern idiots, she just didn’t feel like killing her friend at the moment, but maybe her opinion would change by the end of the day. She always remembered Applejack above those Earth ponies but then again ten years does things to you.

“Just look at yourself as an example, already contemplating about killing ponies because you won’t like them by the end of the day, you're worse than those nobles” she stolidly thought.

By the time Twilight’s four mile canter was over it wasn’t even dawn yet but the night was almost over judging by the moon’s distance from the horizon. So instead of looking for those apple orchards to assist herself in finding Applejack, she did the next best thing, and went to a nearby saloon to get herself some drinks and a place to sit down, to help deal with the upcoming day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When entered the saloon the few awake ponies looked at her but quickly looked away in fear, her face alone scared them into being silent, even the floorboards didn't creak when she stepped on them. She walked up to the where the drinks were being served. When the bartender noticed he cowered down under the bar table. Raising one of her hooves Twilight did a light knock (To prevent breaking the table) on the table.

“Get up” the pony quickly got back up “Give me the strongest stuff you have” Twilight demanded.
“Oh..ok..” the bartender stammered and quickly grabbed a bottle “here you go ma’am” he poured the liquid into a glass, spilling some because of the fear in his body, she could practically smell it. All eyes were once again on her, attempting to burn her but could not penetrate her cloak. But she quickly dealt with that with a simple look in their direction, baring her teeth, she found it very funny because she was probably the deadliest mare they've ever seen.

Unfortunately one colt felt like playing the stallion and be the brave one while others could not. He walked up to her and yelled in his little voice attempting to sound older by making its tone deeper.

“We don’t appreciate yer kind here ma’am…”

“This pony! has the audacity to walk up to me and tell me to get out! I might as well return the favor” Twilight angrily thought with darkening eyes, rage filling taking her over. Her horn lit up and the colt instantly shut up.

“Little colt you have no right to tell me to get out, but with me feeling so jovial today I might as well return the favor.” Twilight snarled with murderous intent, a benevolent smile forming on her face, falsely comforting the colt. With that Twilight released a wave of telekinetic force on the colt. In the background she heard the mother screaming for him to get away but it was too late her colt was already through several buildings and splattered against a large boulder on the outskirts of the town. All the ponies in the bar ran out screaming, not wanting to share his fate. Twilight walked to the table and picked up her drink, sipping it down slowly and without remorse for her actions.

“If this day is going to be anything like this, I’m going to love it.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the first rays of the morning dawn appeared to Twilight she decide to get out of the saloon. Her fur and breath reeked of alcohol, but with a simple spell her coat returned to its normal aroma of lavender and the breath to whatever is supposed to smell like. Thankfully Twilight lost the ability to become drunk years ago but it still made her feel good and satisfied her thirst.

The town’s ponies, at least the ones that witnessed her murderous act, steered cleared of her and spread the knowledge around, with each pony it became more warped. By the time Twilight actually got out of the saloon she was apparently a demon from Tartarus.

To find the location of the orchards Twilight planned to ask a passing pony, it was common knowledge to anyone that lived in Appleloosa but her deed that she didn’t regret, sacred away any and all ponies, when they saw her they all turned and fled the way they came, all the shops closed when she was in proximity of them. In less than an hour from dawn the town went from a bustling one to a ghost town.
Because of this Twilight made a new plan.

“I didn’t want to do it this way…” she thought lying to herself “...I should really stop lying to myself, let’s resort to my favorite way of getting answers, Violence!”
With a quick unnoticeable flash of her horn she teleported in front of an Earth pony and grabbed it with so much force it couldn’t be matched, with a ‘small’ tug of magic it was pulled in front of her, making herself look as ferocious as possible, with a banshee like scream she asked it a question, the town that came out at her scream watched sadly, some crying even, knowing the poor stallion’s fate.”

“WHERE ARE THE APPLE ORCHARDS!?” every pony was confused by this, they were expecting more. The stallion in her grasp had such a look of utter terror she was surprised its heart didn't already stop.

“Just... go... northeast... for... a….. few…. miles….foll...ow…” The heart that looked as it was to burst finally stopped and the pony died. The town stood frozen in disbelief, most had not witnessed the murder of the colt earlier so a fellow citizens death was quite shocking to them. Twilight feeling a shred of pity used a memory spell and wiped what they had witnessed, along with teleporting herself to the orchards and the body to Everfree for whatever found it to feast on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The teleport was a much weaker one so it wasn't necessary to be that far away from the orchards, only a small boom rang through the air, it could have easily been mistaken as a nearby rock breaking from another and hitting the ground hard. The orchards were nowhere as beautiful as Sweet Apple’s but just as functional, it was currently harvest season so many of the Apples and their relatives were up and about along with some buffalo doing the heavy lifting. Achieving a private conversation with Applejack would be difficult enough, but keeping the others away without hurting them for intruding would be impossible even with Applejack stopping her. So Twilight decided to play the waiting game.

For about noon till sunset Twilight just laid down under a tree with an invisibility spell, every so often playing little mind games with the unaware farmers until a bell could be heard when the last rays of the sun were visible. All the farmers were retreating towards their farmhouse or houses. Twilight quickly located Applejack who was exiting the orchards and conversing with a grown Applebloom.

“Now’s my chance, better not waste it.”

Using a weak levitation spell she picked up some small pebbles and lightly launched them at Applejack’s sides and at the same time slamming slightly large rocks against each other to generate a sound similar to a pony hitting their hooves against each other in the now darkening Apple orchards.
“Hey you stop throwing stones at me and come out of them orchards!” Applejack demanded loudly, in response Twilight moved the stones deeper into to the forest and made a sound similar to a pony trotting. “Applebloom go back to the house, I'm gonna check this out.” Her sister nodded and walked continued walking back to the house.

Twilight kept moving the stones just out of Applejacks sight, letting the sound be what she chased in the dark orchards, while Twilight followed swiftly and silently behind. This continued on until Twilight decided that they were deep enough in the orchards to have a private conversion. So she teleported in front of the Applejack a little distance and made a dim purple light, beckoning Applejack towards her. She pulled the cloak’s hood over her face once again taking the mantle of the mysterious mare once again.

“Who are ya!?” yelled Applejack, demanding an answer. Normally that would have caused her horn going through the pony’s skull as she had done so many times in the past, but Applejack meant more to her than most, at least for now she did.

“You don’t remember me?” Twilight said in a childish tone “Well I remember you, I’m your friend, you know the one that disappeared ten years ago.” Twilight pulled her hood down, exposing her face to her friend.

“Twilight!?” Applejack screamed in shock, almost losing her footing from it but gained her stance once again.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it.”

“It sure has” Applejack responded, slowly walking closer in disbelief, her face growing in angerer.

“Applejack I’m back and here to stay, I’m sorry I left but I had to...” Applejack just continued to stare at her, when nothing was said Twilight continued “I want to be friends again, can you ever find it in your heart to take pity upon me and forgive my actions.” Twilight attempted to play her heart strings, sadly that could not be done to the element of honesty.

“Who are ya? Cause I’m sure it ain’t Twilight, she would never lie to her friends nor abandon them, while she can change in appearance, you're not her and I know for a fact she wouldn’t kill an innocent young colt.” Twilight raised an eye at this, attempting to not look surprised.

“How could she have known! I made sure nopony got to the orchards.”

“Surprised? Things travel around here fast in these parts, so once again I repeat myself once more, who are ya?” Applejack pressed on.

“You're wrong, I’m her just changed” Twilight responded, annoyed this wasn’t turning out like how she planned.

“Fine ya her, but he was a foal did he really deserve that? How do yah think his mother feels!”

“Bad, depressed, wanting my head, but I’m not here to talk about that Applejack, I’m here to talk about why I left and to rekindle my friendships” she said regret emanating from her voice.

“Fine Twi be like that.”

“I left because of greed, there was this library and I wanted to come back but…” Twilight never got to finish her sentence because a hoof smashed into her jaw and sent her into a nearby tree, head first. Applejack charged up to her and continued her assault, pummeling Twilight’s face into the dirt beneath them while talking through her clenched teeth.

“Yeah yah wanted to come back that the worst lie I’ve ever heard, where were yah when we were crying for you to come back? Where were ya when we needed you? Where were ya for Equestria? Where were you when Sweet Apple Acres burned down? Where were yah all the times ya were supposed to be there?” Applejack not stopping and continued to pummel Twilight with all of the strength being an Earth pony offered. It wasn't until Twilight face was covered in a layer of blood she realized what she did and stopped. In response of her mercy Twilight’s horned flared up and threw Applejack off her into another nearby tree. Twilight got back up and screamed at Applejack.

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?” Applejack calmly got back up as if she never went into a tree and said

“I thought it was time you learned another lesson in friendship.” Twilight just responded by looking, baring her teeth at her with a look of so much rage and hatred that it could probably kill a pony.

“Twi you're just a shadow of yah former self, and if you truly are Twilight in that monster then you’re a decade late, we don’t need you anymore, you're not wanted anymore. In my opinion it would have been better if you never showed your face and just stayed dead, your were better off being a fond memory of ours than this monster.” Applejack said with a matter-of-fact attitude.

Twilight looked as if she were a wild animal about to snap and go on a murderous rampage.

“Don’t let that monster take you over, return to where you came from Twilight.”

That was probably the straw that broke the pony’s back because what happened to Twilight confused Applejack, Twilight started to scream and glow a faint purple with her eyes darkening and the strange draconic pupils became red, next was an explosion of a bright purple light and she was gone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Applejack finally limped back to the house using the stars to guide her because of how dark the orchards were at night-time she saw Applebloom standing by a fire outside waiting for her. A question of two words coming out of her sister’s mouth.

“Whah happened?” Applejack hesitated, if she should tell Applebloom about Twilight who now probably hated her deeply.

“No she doesn’t need to know about what happened”

“Nothing Applebloom it was juss a wild animal.”

The sister went up to the other one and helped her indoors.

Author's Note:

So I tried to make them sound all southern but not over doing it, I don't think I did it enough but this chapter was taking so long to make I kinda gave up.
5/12: This chapter is going to get toned downed because It still just doesn't work, even with an explanation for Twilight 's actions. Just Think Twilight as mean not murderous until I make the changes.