• Published 1st Apr 2012
  • 1,418 Views, 37 Comments

Hope / An Unexpected Ally - brandsca123

  • ...
2
 37
 1,418

The prophecy

Chapter 5
The prophecy



Inside the castle princess Celestia and princess Luna were in the Starswirl the bearded archives.

"It has to be here somewhere." Celestia was frantically looking for a certain book.

"Tia are you certain that the secret of defeating the shadow is in here." Luna was about ready to give up the search.

"I'm more than certain Luna. Out of all the magic users in this land Starswirl must have soom knowledge on this being." She looked through some of the shelves until she came about a small brown book. It was wrinkled with age and she had to use her magic to move so as to not distroy its contents. She gently placed it down on the desk and began to read. Luna eyed the book with curiosity.

"Sister," Luna began "What kind of book is that." Celestia took a moment to look up at her sister and answered.

"This my dear is a book of prophecies, written by Starswirl himself." Luna looked at the book with wonder and asked.

"What does it say?"

"I don't know sister so lets find out." Celestia said with a smile. They looked through the pages and stopped at one in particular. They stared at the picture that was on the page, and gasped. The picture was of four figures lined together in a defensive stance. The first two they recognized as pegasi, one seemed calm and quite, the other was bold and had a strange marking of a dragon on its right leg. The other two were different, as they weren't ponies at all. One was of a young winged girl holding a staff, the other was of a tall rabbit creature with clawed gloves that nether of them recognized. They continued to look at it then started to read the passage next to it.

"Four heroes, two chosen by harmany, one from a completely different world, and one raised by harmony, will rise up and strike down the shadow with their light."

Celestia and Luna were silent for a moment before the elder one spoke up.

"Luna do you know what this means." Celestia said.

"Should I inform the elements sister." Luna answered

"No sister, I don't think we will be needing the elements just yet," Celestia put the book away as she said this, " First I think we need to learn more of this prophecy before we involve Twilight and her friends." Luna only nodded as the two left the room and went back to the study room.


><><><><><><><><><><><


Meanwhile in the ruins of the twin sisters, a dark humaniod figure was sitting in the middle of the room in a deep trance. He opened his eyes and laughed silently to himself.

"So the pawns have been lined up." He got up and walked out of the room.

"This should be amusing." The figure laughed maniacally as he walked deep into the forest.