• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 226 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria: The Vast Infinity - Teru9133



This is the story of Starsky, a stallion part of a crew in the CSA, Celestia Space Association/Civilian Space Agency. And on his crew's anniversary of their first assignment, they realize things will be much more different than last year.

  • ...
 0
 226

1: Epilepsy by Gravity

So uh, how you been?

I’ve been fine, my dear.

Are you sure? You seem really tired…

It’s nothing; I just need some sleep is all.

Then go to sleep!

But I want to spend time with you…. After all, this is your last day here, isn’t it?

Yea… Then I’m going on my mission with my crew mates.

Starsky, can I ask you something?

What is it?

I felt a pale of icy cold water hit my face; so much for a nice and pleasant way to get me up.

“What the hell, Navi?! I told you to wake me up, gently, and let me tell you, this was not gently!” It was no use, the pink mare was laughing on the floor uncontrollably.

“You should’ve heard yourself Starsky, you were mumbling about your visit to your mare friend!” Navi said, beaming.

“Oh Celestia, I was?” I hoof palmed myself, as I was sluggishly getting out my bunk.

I finally opened my eyes without pain, so I could see my surroundings for the first time. My cabin was still the same as ever, so Navi didn’t screw around with anything. I quickly from the corner to the left of me to the right; still had my poster of the Empire’s propaganda, with Celestia’s face looking down at me, with the caption, Obey. Never knew why she had that poster made some 75 years ago, then again, few ponies know what happened that far back then. I quickly lost interest in the poster, and made sure everything was in my cupboard using magic to inventory everything. Once I had put everything back, I realized everything was back to normal. So I simply put on my brown jacket with a silhouette of Celestia with a Sun behind her as an emblem that appeared on the front, near the hear. And with that, I jumped off the bed.

Now, I’ve done this hundreds of times, so I know I don’t go flying into the other side of the wall when I jump off, not unless a certain crew mate shorted out the Gravity Flux Capacitor.

“Damn it, Navi!” And with this, Navi floated up with laughter, “Fix this you-“

I was about to call Navi some mean things, when the PA inside my room went off with a mare voice, “Navi, I told you to wake him up, not prank him.”

I didn’t understand why she even tried, Skipper. I could hear her stifling laughter. Damn, so she was in this too?

“Aw… I’m sorry; I might still have a problem with my hearing from the accident back on the CSC!” Navi said, and she floated in a circular pattern across my cabin.

“As legit and reasonable as that excuse is, I still don’t believe it!” I shouted at her, and pushed off of her to get to the GFC circuit board, resulting in kicking her to the other wall. Thank you laws of physics.

“Hey!” She pouted, “That was mean!”

I grunted as I pulled the shorted out wire and replaced it, “At least you don’t have to deal with a wet bunk…” I muttered to myself, partly to her.

She gasped melodramatically, “You’re still not potty-trained?” And at this, I slammed the lever for the Gravity level to go straight up to normal, resulting in me slamming into my soft bunk, and her into the hard metal floor.

“Oh ho! Guess I cranked it a bit too hard huh?” I said as Navi struggled to get herself out of the dented crater she formed, “Great, I got a dent in my floor now! What am I gonna do?”

Once she regained her head, she scowled at me, “and you wonder why I mess with you, you piece of-“

“Hey! I seriously do need you two up here though; we’re almost at the ESS!” Skipper said through the PA.

I half-skipped, half-fast walked to the door, saying, “Okay, sir, we’re on our way up, at least I am, I think Navi’s gonna have a hard time keeping her breakfast in!”

And as the door slid open automatically, I heard her muffle, “No I won’t!” And with that the door shut on her, and a split second after, I heard her bang her head onto the door.

I spoke out to Skipper, “Seems like it’ll be a bit longer, if she forgot about the 2 second delay for the door.” And with that, Skipper sighed, and I chuckled to myself with pride.

I doubt I could find a better life than this, being a member of the CSA definitely had its perks. For one, you had a couple other ponies working with you, and you had free rides into space. Of course, the only downside with the Civilian Space Agency is that the salary is barely able to keep you afloat in the economy, given you don’t sleep in the ship you’re assigned to, which I did.

It has been a little over a year since I met this pair of mares, otherwise known as Navi and Skipper. Navi, as seen earlier, is a little lopsided on the stupid side, not stupid mentally, just stupid on the side of things she does. Skipper is more composed, and usually not like what she was earlier, she’s also the captain of this tin can, which is known as the Celestia’s Ship Titan.

After a couple months of shore leave, we were assigned on a mission with no details, and no direction as to what it was about, except that it was important, and urgent.

All we really know is that the stallion with the assignment is the commander of the Equestrian Space Station, or ESS. It wasn’t unusual that Aster would have the assignment, but it was weird when we had to go to his office to pick up the details, not at the air lock.

I finally got to the cockpit, where the sullen Skipper awaited.

When I got into the co-pilot seat, I braced for a lecture, today was no exception.

“So you realize that you could’ve killed her there?”

“Yes, yes I do,” As monotonously as I could.

“So why do you go off nearly killing Navi?”

“For my personal vendetta, oh, and that she’s an ass.”

“Did you mean that literally or figuratively? Cause I can tell her you think she doesn’t look like a pony, but in fact, a donkey.”

I rolled my eyes, “I meant it figuratively. My eyes aren’t that bad.”

“I’d hope so, if you were allowed into the CSA for commission, and as a pilot, Celestia help us,” And with that, I turned to see the yellow mare smiling at me, with her blue eyes calmly looking at me.

“Good to see you’re in a good mood this morning.”

She chuckled, “When every morning’s like this one, you tend to look forward to them.”

I laughed, and asked, “Where is she?”

“Are you seriously unable to come up with something better to continue the conversation?”

“Just answer the freaking question.”

Despite looking out into the view window, I could feel she was rolling her eyes, “She’s in the back, either manning the dorsal turret, or the ventral one, why?”

“Do you think we should let her be shooting? I mean, her aim’s gotta be all off considering her incident this morning.”

“Which one, the GFC being turned on and her falling down, or her ramming into the door?”

I guffawed, and unable to control my laughter, Skipper just said the answer when I put my hoof up to gesture ‘give me a minute’, “right, both…”

After I regained my breathing, the static on the radio dissipated and came one of Aster’s Docking Officers, “CS Titan, this is the ESS, we are granting you docking permission at docking bay 2, and Aster will see you there.”

I nodded, even though the stallion could see me, “Copy, we’ll dock at bay 2, over.”

I shut off manual and let the auto-pilot guide the ship to the bay, and turned to Skipper.

“I never understood why you always liked to actually fly the ship, especially on the docking portion of piloting.”

Skipper sighed, and despite having to have full concentration, she muttered, “If you need an explanation, then you’ll never understand.”

I just sighed, “Touché.”

I felt the ship surge a little to the left before planting its starboard door to the bay’s airlock.

“Aaaaaaand we’re in. Alright, I’ll call Navi to get out to the starboard door, and I’ll meet up with you two there. Alright?”

“Affirmative,” I did a mock salute, and then Skipper grabbed my arm, I turned around to see her serious face, “Try not to tell Navi to go to the Port door.”

I pouted, “You know me too well, very well then.”



As I exited out of the cockpit, and waited for the door to close, I paused, and muttered, “She deserved it…”