• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,866 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode III: Rise of the Equestrian Empire - sonicdash123



The fate of Equestria now rests in Charming Thunder's hooves as he confronts his father after and put an end to the Lunar Republic for good.

  • ...
43
 17
 1,866

Chapter 1: Seeking Answers

A massive Providence destroyer moved toward a massive space station. The half completed Death Star floated over the Badlands like a specter. A Fury class interceptor flew out of the Providence destroyers hangar followed by two droid starfighters as it rocketed toward the Death Star. "Command station, this is ST-476," a changeling's voice echoed across a comlink of the interceptor. "Code clearance green. We're starting our approach. Deactivate the security shield.” Droid operators moved about among the control panels in the large room. A Changeling captain galloped over to the shield's operator.

"Inform the commander that King Sombra has arrived," he ordered.

"Roger roger," the droid said. The captain moved over to a view port and watched as the interceptor landed in the massive docking bay. A squad of droids marched into formation before the craft. The hatch of the shuttle swished open, revealing only bleak darkness. Ominous hoofsteps began to emanate from the door as King Sombra, the dark king, appeared from black void and trotted down the ramp, looking out over the assemblage as he made his way to the ship's commander.

"King Sombra, this is an unexpected pleasure,” the commander said as he bowed. "We're honored by your presence.”

"You may dispense with the pleasantries, commander," Sombra coldly replied. "I'm here to put you back on schedule."

"I assure you, your highness. The changelings are working as fast as they can."

"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them," Sombra said as he locked his eyes locked with the trembling Changeling's.

"I tell you the station will be operational as planned," the commander replied.

"Your queen does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."

"But she asks the impossible. I need more Changelings."

"Then perhaps you can tell her when she arrives."

"Queen Chrysalis is coming here?"

"That is correct, commander," Sombra calmly replied. "She is returning to the Badlands and she is now most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

"Then...we shall double our efforts."

"I hope so for your sake, commander. Chrysalis is not as forgiving as I am."

---------------------

As the TIE fighters flew past the fleet, a shuttle flew past the fleet and folded its wings like a butterfly and landed on a platform next to the entrance of the Canterlot castle. The ramp lowered and out came Charming Thunder. He now wore a glove over his cybernetic hoof. He entered the castle and walked through the hallway to Luna's room to find answers about his father. He noticed two red guards next to the ends of the doors. "Ah, Charming Thunder. What a surprise," one of the guards said. "Do you request to see Luna?"

"Yes, it is very important that I talk to her alone," Charming Thunder replied. The guard nodded and entered Luna's room to let her know that Charming Thunder is here to visit. The guard returned and gestured the red unicorn to enter. Once he entered Luna's chambers, the guards left the room and stood guard at the door.

"Charming Thunder, its so good to see you again," Luna said as she gave him a hug.

"There is something I want to talk about."

"What is it you wish to ask, nephew?"

"Is King Sombra my father?" Luna got nervous to the question and turned away from him. "Aunt Luna, I must know."

Luna sighed and replied, "He is your father." Charming Thunder was shocked and took a few steps back. "Did HE tell you?"

"Yes."

"This is unexpected. And...unfortunate."

"Unfortunate that I now know the truth."

"No. It was unfortunate that you rushed to face him. You weren't ready yet."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"As master Yoda said, strength flows through the force. But beware of anger, fear, and aggression because they lead you to the dark side. Once you start down the dark path, it will dominate your destiny forever."

Luna sat down on her bed the gestured him to sit with her as she said, "Do not underestimate Queen Chrysalis' powers or you will suffer the same fate as your father."

"There is still good in him," he said as he sat down.

"He's more demon than a colt. Twisted and evil."

"I can't do it, Aunt Luna."

"You cannot escape your destiny. You must face King Sombra again."

"I can't kill my own father."

Luna sighed and said, "Then Chrysalis has already won. You are the Rebellions only hope. Bury your feelings deep down, Charming Thunder. They due you credit, but they could be made to serve Queen Chrysalis." Charming Thunder looked in the distance, trying to comprehend everything that he had heard from Luna.

"What was I like since I left my father?"

Luna closed her eyes and sighed before answering, "Celestia and I found you at the Crystal Empire before the defeat of Discord and my banishment to the moon. She said that you were the most cutest stallion she had ever seen. Even Cadence did as well after she became princess. She asked Celestia if she can raise you not only as a mother, but a sister. When I returned, I sensed that you are a new hope for Equestria in the future."

"I will not fail you, Aunt Luna." Charming Thunder got up and started to walk out of Luna's chambers.

"Be careful."

"I will."

---------------------

A Lucrehulk battleship along with several other ships of the Lunar fleet floated above the half-completed Death Star in the Badlands. A squad of droid starfighters escorted a Sheathipede transport shuttle as it made its way from the battleship to the space station. The shuttle came to rest on the floor of the Death Star's massive docking bay. Thousands of battle droids and Changelings stood in tight formation as King Sombra strode down the path, followed by a very nervous Death Star Changeling commander. The shuttle's ramp lowered, and a pair of Changeling guards exited, creating a lethal perimeter with their swords. The assembled troops moved to rigid attention with a momentous snap. After a few moments of dead silence, a dark form began to creep from the shuttle door. The queen of the Changelings walked down the ramp as King Sombra before her as she approached. Chrysalis beckoned to the dark king with her hoof. "Rise, my friend," she said in a deep and unsettling voice. Sombra stood to stand next to Chrysalis as she made her way along the rows of droids. The commander remained kneeling until the pair passed him, and he slowly began to follow them.

"The Death Star will be completed on schedule," Sombra reported to the queen.

"You have done well, King Sombra. And now I sense that you wish to continue your search for Charming Thunder."

"Yes, your highness."

"Patience, my friend. You haven't failed. In time, he will seek you out. And if he does, you will bring him before me. He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to our side."

"As you wish."

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen." The queen chuckled evilly to herself as her and Sombra passed by the vast line of droids and Changelings.