• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 17,808 Views, 821 Comments

Land of Friendship and Magic - Archmage Ansrit



Who would have thought that dressing up as John Egbert and attending conventions would get me into this mess.

  • ...
88
 821
 17,808

PreviousChapters Next
Out of the Woods

(Whitetail Woods)

The blue jade pendant shone intermittently, relaying information to the wearer.

“I love it here in Tellus.” Typhon commented, laying down on a classic checkered blanket, smelling a warm muffin from Sugar Cube Corner. “The nature is just… eager to help, you know? There are no spirits because the Tellurians themselves are the spirits, and it just makes everything so… peaceful.”

Kat inhaled the nice country air, loving the time she was having. “I can see why. There’s no wars, no crises, just… life. It’s nice, very nice.” She laid right next to Typhon, simply enjoying the close contact.

“‘Life’ is right, and I should really show you what I’ve done with it.” Typhon closed her eyes and leaned into Kat. “I have so much to share with you… and do, as well.”

A swing of her tail produced a soft smack, telling Kat a little more than just words did.

Kat let out a tiny squeak from the swat, her cheeks blushing lightly. “I was right, you are a charmer.” Kat kissed Typhon on the lips, lasting for several good seconds before pulling back. Kat sighed contently as she leaned right back into Typhon.

“You should see the seasonal heat without Genbu or the brew.” Typhon chuckled. “This is one of the most relaxing experiments I have conducted in a while; just looking at the rivers of light flowing under the ground…”

The disturbance in the air signaling a pony flying through a space under her influence made her aware of the visitor far earlier than sight did. A powder-pink pegasus with a bubblegum pink mane and rose eyes landed not too far away from them.

The recent arrival looked every which way, as if making sure they were alone, before approaching… and rubbing her eyes upon her sight landing on a mare wearing a very familiar ring on her horn.

“Am I interrupting something… intimate?” She asked, leaning her head away from the scene with apprehension.

“It hasn’t gotten quite to that point, yet… Sunny,” Kat said with a knowing smile.

“Kat Shifter, I presume.” She - still warily - approached the couple, extending a foreleg towards the earth pony and trying to ignore the pair of smiles directed her way.

“That’s me,” she met the pegasus’ hoof with her own. “Thank you for coming out here, Celestia.”

“I have been trying to keep myself better informed as of late.” Celestia stood more confidently. “And I would like to extend a warm welcome to a weary traveler; your letter - rather, Twilight’s letter about your desire to meet - made me more than willing to… leave paperwork in hooves that do not tire so quickly.”

“You never thought of that one before, did you?” Typhon smirked, making the disguised princess let out an undignified huff.

“Well, the letter said you had something to ask, and I have reason to believe it’s going to be important - at least personally.” Celestia said, not bothering to fuel that fire.

“Yes, I did.” Kat took a deep breath and let it out slowly before looking at Celestia. “Your highness, I would like your permission to stay here.”

Celestia blinked as her mind worked overtime - she had been doing that a lot recently - and waited a second before continuing.

“I do not see why not - it would be treated as a migration, and require the… proper paperwork.” Celestia grimaced at the word, but managed not to spit it out. “Typhon is, technically, already a resident, and he has papers from the country of Mexicolt.”

“It helps to know the higher-ups of the government.” Typhon nodded.

“Oh, believe me, there are still many questions to answer, miste-Missy.” Celestia glared at her, but only caused her to giggle. “Yet, I have the feeling that that is not all there is to your request, is it?”

Kat just looked down. “I just wanted your permission. If you don’t want me to stay, then I will leave.” She looked back up at Celestia just a bit. “Your blessing is all I wanted.”

“Equestria was founded on the principle that everypony… and non-ponies… could find a home to call their own, to live in peace and harmony surrounded by their loved ones.” Celestia closed her eyes, speaking softly. “As a princess of Equestria, I do my best to make sure it remains that way; all that would be needed is the papers to make it official - it wouldn’t be much different from moving, or even an accidentally-created life.”

“Animating a bottle of Doctor Pepper is quite the surprise, much less her managing to have twins.” Typhon chuckled. “One of the involved was Flitter, who helped me make my familiars’ bodies, so it wasn’t that much of a surprise to me.”

Mixing magic from so many different ponies without a common goal tended to either be a catastrophic failure, or something worthy of Discord.

“Hmph, is that truly it?” Celestia asked, puzzled. “You could have asked through the letter itself, or asked the Mayor for a residence form.”

Kat sighed before looking at Celestia again. “I’m sorry if this seems like a waste of your time, but since you are the leader of the land, I felt it better to ask before overstaying my welcome in your land. Plus…” Kat looked away, a little ashamed. “I just wanted to hear your voice again. I hadn’t heard any kind words from that voice in a long while.”

“I’m s… I’m sorry; I never meant to imply something like that.” Celestia stepped closer still and laid down on the blanket, nuzzling Kat along Typhon. “I will not ask about what kind of problems you have faced, but I assure you that nothing done for love is ever a waste of time.”

“Thank you,” Kat said, brushing away a small tear. “You have no idea how much that means to me.”

“I might not, yet that does not stop me from seeing how much you appreciate it.” Celestia smiled at her. “It certainly explains why you asked to meet in person.”

Typhon then rolled Kat on her back, laying atop her girlfriend. “Don’t be sad.” She planted a kiss on her lips, holding it for a few seconds. “I’m going to help you.” She kissed her again, and ran a hoof through her hair and shoulders.

Kat smiled at her girlfriend in turn. “Somepony’s getting fun all of sudden.” Unfortunately, a loud beeping broke the mood. Confused, Kat reached into her jacket and pulled out her sonic screwdriver, the source of the beeping. “Well, that was quick. Can’t believe it’s done already.”

“What is done?” Typhon asked. “I hope it’s good news.”

“Well, yesterday, before our… little fun, I set the sonic to decode the magic resonance frequency of this world. Now that it’s done, I should be able to match it with my own powers, using a special item, I should be able to turn human whenever I want to here!”

“Oh.” Typhon expressed her surprise, although Celestia noted that it was rather neutral. “I could have helped - well, not quite with that, but with the magic resonance, if you wanted… I’m happy for you; I listened when you said how much you miss being human.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

Kat blushed a little. “I was actually saving it to surprise you. You said it was better being human and since I do want to be with you, I decided to take matters into my own ha...er...hooves.”

Typhon chuckled. “I have some advantages, yes… but, I am guessing that unlike you, my mentality changes rather noticeably. As a human, I’m almost asexual. I love you, and nothing can change that, but- well, I’m- excitement is going to be… sporadic.”

Celestia noted that it was one of the few times she had ever seen Typhon embarrassed. She could count those with her hooves. Typhon had always been rather shameless.

Kat gave her a sultry smile. “I love you, too. So, how about we continue where we left off?”

Celestia’s spell shattered the disguise from the sudden build-up of energy, leaving behind nothing but some floating sparks in her place.

“I would love to, Kat.”

PreviousChapters Next