• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 4,551 Views, 169 Comments

A Tad Screwy: Screwball in Canterlot High - Discorded SheepcityUSA



The misadventures of Canterlot High's well-known juvenile delinquent, Screwball; trouble-making daughter of the janitor, Discord.

  • ...
13
 169
 4,551

She's a Maniac

All the patrons of Sugarcube Corner could not be in a more annoyed mood than they were right now, the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cake included. When they had made the decision to install a jukebox, they considered it an opportunity to enhance the lively atmosphere of the bakery and let the customers listen to music while they enjoyed their sweets.

What NOBODY expected was for Pinkie Pie to get to it first with a pocket full of quarters, and singing and dancing to the same song 17 times in a row. Everybody in the bakery was already sick of hearing “She’s a Maniac” the first four times it was on, but now when they had made it to about 45 minutes of nothing but this song, everybody was in agony…

Except Pinkie Pie of course, who was having the time of her life dancing to it.

“~She’s a maniac, maaaaniac on the floor.~ And she’s dancin’ like she’s never danced befoooore!~” Pinkie had sung along to this song the entire time and wasn’t showing any signs of wanting to stop.

Rainbow Dash, who was sitting at a nearby table with the rest of her friends, probably had it the worst. She was the one that asked Pinkie to turn on the jukebox, and was starting to really regret it, as her left eye was now starting to twitch.

“Nggggh, Fluttershy? Can you please go find a pair of pliers and rip off my ears with them? I am REALLY sick of this song.” She asked.

“O-Oh no. I-I don’t think I could do that to you Rainbow.” Fluttershy meekly replied.

“Well can SOMEONE put me out of my misery please?!” Rainbow yelled, throwing her arms up in the air.

“Rainbow darling, I am just as tired of this song as you are, but aren’t you being a tad overdramatic about this?” Rarity asked.

“Ah don’ think she is. Rainbow, once you get done with those pliers, can Ah borrow em?” Applejack asked. She had been the first to notice that “She’s a Maniac” seemed to last a lot longer than she thought on only the second play.

“Pffft, be my guest. I’d really rather suffer through the pain of having my ears slowly torn from my head than hear this song again.”

“Well are YOU going to be the one to tell Pinkie to change the song?” Rarity asked, slightly gesturing towards Pinkie, who was still singing loudly and dancing to the music. Rainbow looked at how much fun Pinkie was having and felt that she probably wouldn’t react very well to being asked to get off her favorite song.

“Hehehe…on second thought, I don’t think I’d mind listening to play number eighteen.” Rainbow chuckled nervously. On the outside she appeared cool and calm enough, but on the inside, she was screaming for this to stop.

Just then, a very annoyed Sunset Shimmer came through the door, accidently bumping into Pinkie Pie on her way in, causing Pinkie to trip over her own feet a little, throwing her dancing off.

“Awwww Suuuunny! You threw off my groooove!” Pinkie whined.

“Not now Pinkie, I am REALLY not in the mood.” Sunset grumbled, walking over to the table where the rest of the girls were sitting and sat down next to Rainbow Dash, angrily crossing her arms.

“Umm…Sunset, is something wrong?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah, Screwball’s a liar and I’m sick of it.” Sunset growled, looking away from everybody at the table.

“Ooooh boy. What’d the little devil do now?” Rainbow asked.

“Try over-waxing the gym floors so that the boys dodgeball team faceplants the second they step on it.”

After hearing that, Rainbow was struggling to tell every cell in her body not to laugh from imagining that hilarious scenario. Ultimately though, it was all for nothing.

“Pffft hahahahaha! O-Oh my gosh that’s-“ Rainbow then looked at the disapproving faces everybody else was giving her. She stopped laughing and coughed awkwardly. “Ummm…bad. That’s really bad.”

“Hmph. Damn right it’s bad. After I saw that happen, I’ve come to the conclusion that that kid has no soul.” Sunset huffed, blowing hot air out of her nose in her anger.

“Sunny come oooon, you know that’s not true.” Pinkie said.

“Pinkie, you weren’t there. She knows that that kind of stuff ticks me off, but she just went ahead and did it anyway!” Sunset huffed again. “Honestly, I couldn’t care less about where she is right now.”

Fluttershy looked at Sunset very worriedly and was very concerned, not only for her sake, but Screwball’s too. Heavens knows what the poor girl was going through right now.

“…Sunset, don’t you remember what I said about kindness and understanding?” She asked.

“I tried Fluttershy, but apparently that only works on people that have a conscience, because she’s still acting like a jerk.”

Rarity awkwardly cleared her throat. “Umm…Sunset darling. I’m not trying to say what Screwball did wasn’t wrong, but…don’t you think you might’ve given up on her a little too quickly? I mean, Rome wasn’t built in a day you know.” Rarity said.

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “What? What do you mean? I regretted what I did almost immediately when you guys beat me at that whole thing at the Fall Formal.”

“True, but ya got blasted with a big dose of the magic of friendship, and that crown turned ya’ll pure evil. This ain’t the same situation. Screwy ain’t evil, she’s just ummm…really, really troubled. It’s gonna take more time to get her to start actin’ right than it took for you.” Applejack added.

Sunset’s face dropped a little at Applejack’s statements. Despite how Screwball’s behavior had still been fairly bad, her friends did have a pretty good point. “U-Ummm…I uhh…I guess I didn’t think about it like that…” Sunset let out a deep sigh and rested her chin on the table.

“Uggh. I really messed up didn’t I?” Sunset groaned.

“Mmm, I dunno. You sure you can’t just tell her to get lost and not come back until she learns to stop acting like a brat?” Dash asked.

“Rainbow!” Fluttershy scolded Rainbow Dash with a hardened stare.

Rainbow defensively put up her hands. “Sorry! Jeez! Excuse me if I’m still kinda mad about my locker smelling like dead fish because of her.” Rainbow irritatingly apologized while crossing her arms.

Sunset sighed again and looked at the rest of her friends. “Well what do you guys suggest I do? I’ve never dealt with anything like this before, and I’m still getting used to this whole friendship thing…”

The five girls exchanged some looks for a few moments, each thinking to themselves and trying to communicate silently with the others.

“Well…Whatever we do, we should be very careful about going about it. Screwball is most likely in a very sensitive state after what occurred.” Rarity said.

“Umm, well, you know where Screwball lives don’t you? Why don’t you just go there and you two can sort things out?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“Mmph…it’s a good idea Fluttershy, but no dice. Entering her house means having to come in contact with Discord, and that guy hates my guts. I don’t think now would be a good time for him to see me, considering I probably made his kid cry her eyes out.” Sunset said, rubbing her forehead, fearing the worst if Discord got a hold of her in this situation.

“Oh…right.” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Hmmmm…Oh! Maybe you just need to get her to YOU instead! That way, you two can still sort things out, and Discord won’t be able to kill you before you get the chance!” Pinkie suggested with a big smile. The rest of the group stared at Pinkie with slightly disturbed looks on their faces at the last bit of her suggestion.

“…It’s a good idea…but did you have to put it like that?” Sunset asked.

Pinkie giggled. “Nope! But you guys were all looking at me like “Whaaaa?” Pinkie laughed a little.

Applejack, who had been staring at Pinkie along with her friends, shook her head a few times and blinked. She learned not to question Pinkie a long time ago, and she wasn’t going to start now. “Well uh…did ya have somethin’ in mind Pinkie?” she asked.

Pinkie very quickly nodded in response. “You bet I do!...but I can’t work out the details when it’s this quiet!” Pinkie said as she skipped her way back over to the jukebox.

“Wait! Pinkie don’t!” Rarity yelled after her. Unfortunately, she was too late. Pinkie had already put another quarter in and selected her favorite song in the jukebox’s songlist, and it made the rest of Sugarcube Corner groan in annoyance.

~Just a steel town girl on a Saturday night, looking for the fight of her life-~

“GODDAMNIT!” Rainbow yelled at the top of her lungs as she slammed her fists on the table.

“What? I actually like this song.” Sunset said, oblivious to the torture the rest of the bakery was under before she came in.

“Jus’ wait. Yer' gonna be hatin’ life after four more plays.” Applejack said with a deadpanned expression.

Sunset’s face visibly fell after that, and she looked back over at Pinkie, who was already back to dancing to the song as she was earlier.

“…Okay, now I’m worried.” Sunset said. “Well…at least when she’s done she’ll help out with Screwball...she will stop eventually right?” Sunset said with a slightly worried look.

“Of course she will darling. And don’t you worry, we’ll help fix things between you and Screwball too.” Rarity said, patting Sunset’s back.

“Y-Yes, your friendships are our priorities.” Fluttershy said, nodding in agreement.

“That goes double fer me sugarcube.” Applejack said.

The group of friends all looked at Rainbow Dash, who had yet to say anything. They figured she’d probably be the hardest to convince out of them, as she always had trouble getting along with Screwball in the past.

“…Hey, I’ll help if I don’t kill myself from hearing “She’s a Maniac” thirty-seven more times first.” Rainbow groaned, holding onto her ears, seemingly in pain.

Sunset laughed a little, and looked at the rest of her friends with a slight smile. “…Thanks girls. I hope we can get this whole mess sorted out.” Sunset said.

‘…I just hope Screwy’s willing to forgive me.’ She thought to herself.

Author's Note:

A good song for me kinda works like this: I only wanna hear it so many times in a row before I start to go a little insane in the membrane.

Anyway, this story won't have that much left to it. It'll most likely be ending maybe next chapter or the one after. Haven't decided yet.

Anywho, comments are always appreciated~:twilightsmile::heart: