• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 4,246 Views, 36 Comments

An American Werewolf in Equestria - Ron Jeremy Pony



David Kessler has woken up to find himself no longer in London, but still cursed. Will the inhabitants of this new world be able to help, or will the curse spread to all of them?

  • ...
10
 36
 4,246

Hungry Heart

An American Werewolf in Equestria
Chapter 3 – Hungry Heart

(Golden Oaks Library – Ponyville – two days later)

The sound of hooves trotting to and fro on the hardwood floor of the library caused David to look up and shake his head. It was hard to wrap his head around this, but then again how farfetched could this be? He was a werewolf, a monster that wasn’t supposed to exist, and now he was in a world with talking multicolored ponies. The purple one, whose name turned out to Twilight Sparkle, had offered her home to him while she tried to research a way of helping him. So far the most she had been able to do was nearly wear a path in the floor.

“So, you thinking of pulling a Bobby Boucher?” Jack asked.

“You really had to go there?” David asked.

“Hey, I’m not one to judge,” Jack said with a laugh.

David shook his head. The little road trip they had taken with their southern Louisiana friend had become something of legend back at NYU. Bobby had gotten insanely drunk, wondered out into a field and proceeded to mount a Shetland pony. They had watched as their drunken friend lost his cherry to a farm animal. Jack had ribbed him mercilessly for weeks after that, but Bobby had let it roll off of his back. The last he heard their friend headed back to South Louisiana with a girl he had met in college.

“David!” Jack shouted.

“Can’t I have two minutes to myself Jack?” David asked.

“Who in the hay are you talking to?” Spike asked as he neared David.

He looked at the small dragon. That as another thing he was getting used to. The fact that there was actual dragons here. It wasn’t some kind of stunt a rich nut job was trying to pull. This was a real dragon, baby dragon, but dragon none the less.

“Someone I wish could talk to someone else,” he said looking at Jack.

“Go ahead and tell the kid,” Jack said.

“Okay… So, seriously who are you talking to?” Spike asked.

“I’m talking to my friend Jack. I wish that any of you could hear him or see him,” David said.

“Hey, the zebra saw me. I actually got to talk to her for a few minutes. Hold on a second,” Jack said as he got up and walked up stairs.

“You know, they can’t see me but I bet that I could give them a scare,” Jack said.

A moment later Twilight let out a gasp and backed down the stairs. David watched as Jack carried a book down flapping it open and close the entire time. He shook his head and looked at the table.

“Real mature Jack,” David said.

He dropped the book and Twilight looked as it just fell the floor. She poked it with her hoof and then looked at David.

“Who’s Jack?” she asked.

“Jack’s my friend that was killed by the werewolf that turned me,” he said.

She looked at the book and then back at him.

“So, he can interact with the real world?” she asked.

“Of course I can,” Jack said before running his hand through her mane.

She darted her eyes where feeling had come from.

“Somewhat. I’ve noticed that the more he does it the longer he disappears for,” David said.

Jack shrugged his shoulders and came over to take a seat next to him.

“She’s a little bit of a bookworm. You know she reminds me of Tiffany. Remember? That girl that had us have breakfast at her place,” Jack said.

“Would you kindly tell your friend to stop messing with the books and with me?” Twilight asked.

“I’ll try, but he’s always kind of done things like this,” David said.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

“Yeah, exactly like Tiffany,” Jack said.

“Is he still here?” she asked.

David nodded.

A smile formed on her face. It wasn’t exactly a happy one, nor was it something he would go as far to call crazed, but instead it looked somewhat like a confident smirk.

“Spike, take down a letter for me,” she said.

The young dragon grabbed a parchment and quill and waited.

“Dear Princess Celestia: There is some news on the visitor to our world. It appears that along with being a werebeast, or as he specifies a werewolf, he has a friend who is not able to crossover. This friend is connected to him. I know that it is well within your power to help this poor soul, and I humbly ask that you would please see it in your heart to give him the aid he needs. Signed your faithful former student and fellow princess, Twilight Sparkle,” she said.

Spike finished writing, rolled it up, and breathed green fire on it. A moment later the parchment disappeared. Spike took two steps and then belched a belt of green flame. Another parchment appeared from nowhere and Twilight caught it with her magic. She opened it and let out a triumphant laugh.

“Dear Princess Twilight, Of course I will be glad to help the poor soul pass on. It does seem to me that I recall something similar to this happening some years ago in Equestria. I know it had to do with Star Swirl… It has been so many years since that time. Perhaps I should ask Luna, after all she may remember it clearer than I do. Regardless, I invite you, Spike, our visitor and his friend to the castle. Naturally if you believe that the other elements are needed they are invited as well. I’ve dispatched a train to pick you up. After all with the weather doing what it is doing there is no reason to try to travel outside of the warmth of a train car. I will see you when you arrive, Princess Celestia,” Twilight read.

“Great, we get to deal with another one,” Jack said.

“Wait, did she say Luna?” David asked.

Twilight nodded and looked at him.

“She did, why do you want to know?” she asked.

David looked at her unsure of what he should say. Twilight had been nothing but kind to him, a little obsessive about finding an answer sure, but kind none the less. He didn’t want to scare her with the dream he had. Finally he breathed out a long breath and tried to think about how he was going to explain this to her.

“The other night when I was in the hospital I had a nightmare. It was something I’ve more or less dreamed of since this has happened to me. These demonic looking wolves come in and try to destroy everything in their path. They busted into that hut we were in, and they attacked you, and the other three that was there. I talked them down, but not before they… They turned all of you. I watched as you each went through the transformation. It was horrible. There isn’t any other word to describe it except for horrible. I had brought this curse with me and unleashed it upon you all,” he said.

She looked at him, and to be honest he expected her to become distant from him, but instead she walked closer to him and he felt place a hoof on his hand.

“Hey, nothing has happened yet, and we’re going to find an answer before it has a chance to happen. Trust me I’m not going to give up, and I don’t want you to either,” she said.

He nodded.

“So, Princess Luna was in your dreams?” she asked.

“Yeah, she had to convince me that this wasn’t my fault,” he replied.

“She’s right. It was a dream, and even if it wasn’t it really wouldn’t be your fault. You can’t help what you are,” she said.

“And she'll tease you She'll unease you All the better just to please you She's precocious and she knows just What it takes to make a pro blush She got Greta Garbo stand off sighs She's got Bette Davis eyes,” Jack began to laughingly sing.

“Comeon Jack…” David said.

Twilight looked at him and shook her head.

“What did he say?” she asked.

“You don’t know want to know,” David replied.

“Yes, I do, tell me,” Twilight said.

“He sung a few lyrics to a song that was getting kind of big. He’s just being his normal smart-assed self,” David replied.

“Tell me,” she said.

“He sung ‘and she’ll tease you, she’ll unease you, all the better just to please you, she’s precocious and she knows…” David started to say before he stopped mid-sentence.

He noticed her eye twitching slightly before she took a seat on her haunches.

“Why do you have to be so mean?!” she cried out.

“Hey… I didn’t mean it. Seriously, David tell her I didn’t mean it man. I was just kidding. Damn it...” Jack said.

“He said he was just kidding,” David replied.

“No, he thinks that about me… He thinks that I’m some kind of loose mare who likes to get a rise out of stallions!” she cried.

“No seriously I… Okay I’m sorry, I’m really sorry… Dude, I can’t stand to see a girl cry. I’m going to go explore the town for a little bit,” Jack said as he disappeared.

“He really said he was sorry, and he even left,” David said.

Twilight stopped and gave a faux innocence smile.

“I have an older brother, and I know what it’s like to be teased a little bit. I might not be able to see him, but your friend Jack seems like someone who doesn’t really want to hurt anyponies feelings,” she said.

“No, he really doesn’t. I still don’t get how girls can do that,” he said.

“It must be something that is completely universal. In the mean time since he isn’t here to annoy us I think we should get to work on finding something to help you. The princess mentioned Star Swirl, and I do have an old tome of his here. Although I don’t remember anything in it about werebeasts,” she said as she opened it up.

David looked at the cover of it for a moment before he noticed a small bit of extra stitching. He touched it and found feel just the slightest outline of something under it.

“What about this?” he asked.

She closed the old book and looked at the golden stitching he was touching. Carefully using her magic she undid the stitching until it opened to reveal a hidden sleeve. A yellowing piece of parchment came out of it. She stitched the sleeve back up again and unfolded the parchment. She glanced over it for a moment and then her eyes widened…

“Oh my…” she said.

“What? What is it?” David asked.

“Star Swirl… he was in a relationship with a werebeast. This is two letters. One of them is from a pony named Dusty Rose, and the other is from Star Swirl… Dusty, from what I can gather, had been bitten by an afflicted Diamond Dog. The Diamond Dog had a similar curse as the one you have, with the except of it being a Timber Wolf, and it caused her to transform into one of them during the full moons,” she said before she lifted his letter and read from it, “Dusty, don’t be hasity. I am doing everything I can to find a cure for you. I know that it is hard, but my love I need you to hang on. Please, give me more time. I’ve gained audience with Princess Luna, and perhaps the two of us can come up with something. Until then please, don’t act out, and be safe.”

She looked up at him.

“Did he mention a cure?” David asked.

“He said he was working on one, but he didn’t say how close he was. Maybe Princess Luna will know more about this,” Twilight said.

David nodded. Luna had said she would extend out the time until the next full moon. That meant that she already knew something about werewolves anyway. Maybe she knew more about this situation than he guessed. He wondered if that was the case, and he wondered what she could or would do to help. The next few hours passed fairly uneventfully. David found himself surrounded by six talking ponies. All them seemed to be talking to each other, and occasionally one or two of them gave him a curious glance before going back to their conversations.

“Sort of reminds you of that trip down to Louisiana don’t it?” Jack asked.

“You mean that little town about three hours outside of Baton Rouge? Yeah, I remember, and I remember you getting into trouble there,” David said.

“I didn’t know she was the sheriff’s daughter,” Jack replied.

“Sure you didn’t Jack,” David said.

“Ummm, who are ya talkin’ to Sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

“Don’t worry girls… There really is somepony there. He’s part of the reason we’re taking a trip to Canterlot,” Twilight said.

“Are you serious? Because I’m not seeing anypony,” Rainbow Dash replied.

No sooner had she said that then she felt her tail jerk toward an empty part of the platform.

“Okay who did that?!” she exclaimed.

“That would be Jack,” Twilight replied.

“Who’s Jack?” Fluttershy asked.

“Someone we’re going to get the Princess to help, or at least we’re hoping she can,” Twilight said.

Applejack’s eyes widened and she jumped around to see an empty spot behind her.

“Okay Jack, who and whatever you are, no one goes to touching ma Flank without ma permission!” she shouted.

David watched Jack as he nearly doubled over laughing.

It didn’t take long for them to board the train, and once on it the pranks didn’t stop. Pinkie watched as a cupcake floated in midair, and then suddenly it began to disappear as if something was eating it. Rarity felt something pulling lightly on her perfectly prepared mane and she continued to swat in the air trying to hit the invisible arm attached to the hand doing it.

Applejack had her flank on a seat, and wasn’t moving it. She had been the victim of three pinches, and one light slap before they got on board. The entire time David was shaking his head. He could see Jack doing all of this. It was the kind of thing he would do when he was alive, but then he was careful since he had to worry about being caught. Now he was going to town on it.

“You know David, this is actually kind of fun…” Jack said.

David looked at him.

“I have a feeling it’s going to stop when we get to where we’re going,” David replied.

“It better!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Dash, don’t give that… rouge anymore reason to continue. Just ignore him,” Rarity said.

“That’s mighty easy for you to say Sugarcube. After all, you ain’t the one who’s been on the receiving end of having their flank played with,” Applejack said.

Twilight looked out the window and tried not to laugh. So far Jack hadn’t bothered her, and she knew the reason why. She had convinced him that he had hurt her feelings and she wasn’t about to let him know any different. She leaned back and enjoyed the sounds of her friends being lightly tormented for a couple of hours.

The trip itself seemed to go by fairly quickly, but once it was done they walked toward the castle. David followed them and noticed the huge doors that lead into every room. Most of the time the guard was there to let them in, and sometimes Twilight would open the doors with her magic. After a couple dozen of such doors they came to a long hallway and David could see Luna sitting on the right hand side.

He smiled at the pony that had helped him control his nightmares. She offered a smile back. They all walked together up to the thrones where everyone except for Jack, David, and Twilight bowed.

“Wow, they’re a little bigger… I bet that I could really get them,” Jack said.

“Jack… I wouldn’t,” David warned.

Jack waved him off as he walked up toward the thrones. He didn’t notice Celestia’s eyes following him, and it wasn’t until he right next to her that she turned toward him and smiled.

“Hello,” he said.

Jack fell onto his ass and David lost his composure and let a laugh out.

“Ha ha, real funny, it is to laugh,” Jack said, “Wait you can see me? There’s not any of that powder stuff floating in the air though.”

“I do not need soul powder to see a soul little one. Twilight has told me that you are trapped. I can do something for you, only one thing, and I will do it if you wish. I can grant you a life. It will not be the same one you had. After all your true body is not here, but it will be as one of my little ponies. If you want this I will give it to you gladly,” Celestia said.

“Are you serious?” Jack asked.

“Of course I am,” she said.

“Please… God please do it! It’s so boring not being able to talk to anyone else!” he exclaimed.

“Hold still for me,” he said.

Her horn glowed a brilliant white and slowly Jack’s ethereal body began to solidify. The sight of his rotten flesh and bones struck everyone, but then everything began to heal. Life began to pour into his body once again. He almost began to rejoice when a terrible pain hit him. He cried out as he hit the floor.

“Oh GOD IT HURTS!!!!” he screamed.

His bones began to reshape. His fingers drew into his hands and then his hands began to turn into black hooves. He felt his feet doing the same thing. His face began to expand creating a muzzle. His chest popped, broke, and reformed until it formed a barrel. After several moments the transformation was done and he was lying on the ground breathing hard.

His clothes that had been on him in ethereal were still on him, but they didn’t seem to fit as they once did. When he shakily stood his jeans fell to the ground. His dirty and bloody parka was still on his back. David noticed that his unkempt mop of dirty brown hair was still there, and for some reason his fur had turned into a bright yellow. It was the tattoo thing, Twilight had called it a cutie mark, that really stood out. There, plastered on his flank, was a picture of a joker card. It made perfect sense. He loved to pull pranks, to tell jokes and carry on. His talent was being the friend who helped you pull one over on someone.

“So, you like playing with a mare’s flank when she don’t give you permission huh?” Applejack asked.

Jack laughed a little before he passed out.

Author's Note:

(Okay, that’s chapter three. I do hope that everyone liked it. The next chapter is going to heading in darker territory. I almost wish that it didn’t have to, but to be honest this is a werewolf story, and being dark is part of it. I want to thank everypony who has favored this and who has left a comment. Thanks guys and gals, you’re awesome! Also, I thought that I would give all of you the play list I’ve been listening to while writing it. I’m calling it the official unofficial soundtrack for the story.

- LF)