• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 1,741 Views, 20 Comments

Mare In The Everfree Forest - MoonLily



The forest has always been the subject of mystery of those who live around the thick and heavily dense forest. For some it is a place full of evil, full of hidden secrets, full of wonder, but for a select few they call this forest Home.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,741

Chapter Two

„I am name Moon Lily Princess” I huffed a bit as I fixed my glasses that rested on my muzzle. I could see the looks that the others were giving me. Luna looked deflated as I was staying still silently watching the little dragon.

„How did you learn that speech my pony?” her voice was filled with something sickly sweet cheer. I knew she was trying to hide her annoyance. I moved my tail trying to figure out the right frame of speech.

„I learned it from my family.” I finally broke the silence as I kept my eyes on her face.

„How did your family come by this langue?” I could notice her eye was twitching causing a small smirk to form on my face.

„Books, family members. It's all knowledge that is passed down from family member to family member” I gave a soft large smile as I looked down feeling a claw poke me. It was Spike holding up a teacup.

„Thank you” I smiled as I picked up the cup in my magic. As I took a sip I noticed Discord popping up beside me. I could feel my eye twitching as I placed the teacup down. I stood up and stretched my legs carrying the smile on my face. I turned my back on Discord and kicked him through the door.

„Dang girl, you got some strength in your legs” Applejack whistled as the others were staring out the hole.

„That was solid oak” I could hear Twilight trembling. I rolled my eyes before looking toward the shocked group.

„So I answered questions. Can I go?” I had a smile on my face as I noticed Celestia turning her eyes toward me. I knew that glare as she used it on me all the bloody time.

„No, I am placing you under house arrest. I do not know how you came to know that Language. Till I gather the information I need you will be staying with my student” I could see the shock on their faces as Twilight nodded meekly.

“Spike can show you to the guest room” I watched the purple dragon run past me towards the set of stairs hidden between two bookshelves. I silently followed him to the stairs and up to the top level. My heart was pounding as I was shown to a small room with a single bed and window. I walked in and placed my trunk down in the corner.

“Thank you, Spike” I turned to the dragon and smiled as he ran out of the room. After placing my trunk down I pulled out a small pink crystal on a silver chain. I slipped out of the room as I wonder the short hall. I found the bathroom and the large master bedroom. As I poked my head in I noticed a small balcony. I walked over to the balcony slipping out of it allowing the warm wind to bring some heat to my chilled bones. Glancing around I closed my eyes and tapped my crystal. I could feel the wind whipping around me changing my form. I went from a light grey unicorn to a bright snow white Pegasus with a sky blue mane and tail. My cutie mark went from a star in a circle to a star with a pair of wings sitting behind it. Pulling my glasses from my muzzle I took off from the balcony flying into the sky. I needed some time alone with my thoughts. I found a cloud allowing me to sit and relax allowing me to keep an eye on the town. I nestled down in the cloud allowing my magic to relax changing me back to normal. My ears twitched as I listened to the sounds below.

“So this is where you run off to” I glanced to my side and noticed Discord. He had his arms crossed as I sat up stretching my back. I noticed his eyes were studying me making me shiver.

“I want to be alone” I spoke softly as I noticed he was reaching for me. I glanced down and noticed we were under a large empty field. Once he was closer to me I used my hoof and brought it down over his head sending him flying into the field. I curled myself back up on the cloud. I looked up towards the sky as I closed my eyes. I could hear ponies down below but I was just not in the mood to care right now. I stayed on my side as I could hear the wind drawing out the ponies down below till I heard them again.

Sister is in pain”

“Sister needs help”

“Can mother and father help?”

“She can’t hear us. So what is the point?”

“But she is the youngest”

I opened my eyes and noticed it was dark and the stars were shining brightly “Hello?” I spoke up hoping that the voices would respond to me. I could always hear those voices ever since I could remember. They would always alert me to either danger but now I’ve started to hear their small conversations. I rubbed my eyes as I changed forms slipping down to the streets below. I noticed the lights were still on allowing me to slip into the library. It seemed fine and quiet… too quiet. My ears went up as I started to look around and my ears twitched hearing a small whisper. I looked up and noticed the silhouettes of ponies causing me to huff.

“So we're having guests over” I let out a small huff “ Good night” I turned and walked up the stairs as I heard them whispering again. I moved to the room and curled up on the bed letting a sigh out. I placed my glasses on the dresser next to the bed. I pulled the pillow towards me as I fell asleep.

The air was warm and filled with the scent of cherries as small pink flowers were falling past my eyes. I watched as they fell from a large tree sitting in the middle of town. Ponies without faces were standing around the tree causing me to walk forward. I fell into a hole before landing on a web upside down. I moved my head and noticed I was hanging in a doorway my glasses were missing and the flowers were nowhere to be seen. A lemon yellow earth pony with a pink mane and tail came walking up to me. Sour Drop was smiling as she moved closer causing the ground to crack under her hooves. I tried to hold my hoof out to her but the ground shattered under her. I landed in a stone hallway lit up by blue flames. Flags carrying Luna’s symbol were on them. I looked down and noticed a silver bracelet around each hoof as they matched the dress I was wearing. I walked down the hall listening to a muffled harp playing as I could hear whispers in the hall. I turned a corner and noticed my husband a black unicorn with a white mane wearing a dark blue tux. He had a black sash with a crescent moon on it with some beads around his neck. He was talking to Princess Luna. Glancing down I saw the Knight commander badge sitting on my chest. This was the night she announced to me her first Knight commander.

“Are you sure?” I heard Luna speaking softly as a deep voice replied “Yes”

“So you think the silver will still be shining?” my ears twitched causing me to turn around. Princess Luna was standing behind me smiling as the area around me changed. I felt the stone under my hooves changed to the soft grass. The smell of cut grass hit my nose causing it to twitch. Turning my head I noticed Princess Luna walking toward me.

“You know its bad to ease drop princess” I huffed as I looked up towards her.

“I felt a nightmare in this area” I could see she had a mask on trying to look regal. I huffed as I looked out into the distance.

“Its nothing new.” I grumbled as I rubbed my muzzle.

“You know if you keep having these Nightmares I can help” I moved my hoof looking up towards her.

“Princess there is nothing more that I would love is to have these Nightmares gone. However, there will never be an end to these nightmares except to end my own life” I turned my back on her keeping my face away from her. my heart broke for what i was doing to her of all ponies.