• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 2,520 Views, 123 Comments

One Shot, One Chance - SpeederClaw



This is my first fanfic ever written so criticism is widely accepted. There are several OC's involved as well as the Mane 6 and various background ponies. Other than that enjoy!

  • ...
7
 123
 2,520

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Back to Normal, Almost

“Oh my Celestiaaaa-AHHHHHHHH!!” Blitz screamed in absolute terror as the yellow mare charged straight towards him. Fluttershy was literally a foot away from Blitz which caused him to panic. Temporarily forgetting about the pain in his leg, he stumbled backwards tripping over himself. The stall behind him was now a cluttered mess as he crashed into the wooden foundation. Various assortments of socks littered Blitz’s body.

Vice and Enzo just watched in total terror as this mare was taking out stallions left and right. Blitz was unmoving in the wooden mess and Clyde was still in his broken state over his ruined mustache. ‘What a grade-A bitch!’ Vice thought to himself.

“What do we do?!” Enzo squeaked.

“I say we bail while we have the chance,” Vice said quickly. The duo started to make their departure quietly and sneakily. But, Fluttershy seemed to have a sixth sense as she whirled around and faced the two ponies. Frozen in fear, Vice and Enzo didn’t move a muscle.

“And just where do you think you two are going?” Fluttershy said eying the two ponies with fury.

“Uh, hehe, well ya see-you got us mixed up. It was that guy’s fault wasn’t it? So, problem solved!” Vice said in the best nonchalant voice he could muster.

“…” Enzo stayed silent as usual.

“I’m sure you’re a-uh, sweet gal. Just-having-a very bad day, maybe.” Vice was pooling together his words with rigidness. He barely formed ideas just in time to spit them out. “No need to act all harsh, right?” Fluttershy’s face seemed to only flare up at Vice’s words.

“Okay, maybe you can, but you’re not the type of pony to do-uh, you seem like you’d be a very nice, gentle...”

“Call me a push over and you’ll get the once over,” Fluttershy whispered unbeknownst to Vice.

“…kind mar-what are you doing?” Vice shrieked in fear as Fluttershy stepped closer towards him. He was quick to turn around, ready to flee. But, as he tried to dash away, he felt something tugging at him. Vice turned his head and slowly accepted his fate as he realized that Fluttershy had his trench coat in her grasp.

Enzo gasped in horror as Fluttershy held Vice’s trench coat between her teeth. She planted her hooves firmly on the ground and started to lift Vice in the air. He found himself being twirled in mid-air, gaining speed as Fluttershy made 360 turns. She finally released her bite and Vice was sent flying into a nearby stand. Unfortunately for him the stand was selling shoes and he felt pain all around as shoes whacked him left and right.

Enzo was targeted next on Fluttershy’s rampage. She slowly advanced towards the shaking stallion. Enzo was face to face with Fluttershy as both ponies stood staring each other down.

“You two are the reason I couldn’t buy my cherry! Somepony may have already bought it by now!” she said angrily to a quivering Enzo. The pony was captivated and terrified at the same time. ‘How can somepony look so pretty yet so scary at the same time?’ Fluttershy glared into Enzo’s soul as he was being mesmerized by her serious eyes. Eventually he toppled over; the pony fainted from the stare.

“Hmmph! Nopony pushes New Fluttershy around! NOPONY!” Fluttershy shouted triumphantly. She looked at each fallen stallion with satisfaction and trotted away, smiling with her head high.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Ughh,” Blitz feebly got up and checked to see if his leg was still attached to his body. Fatigue surged through his body as he crept out of the rubble. “What happened?”

“I’ll tell you what happened!” a voice said startling Blitz.

“Mister Clyde?” Blitz said looking around for the stallion.

“My goodness, I’ve never seen Miss Fluttershy act like this before!” Clyde said stepping into view.

“You two know each other?” Blitz wanted to know how exactly Clyde could know such a monster.

“Yes, but this performance of malevolence leads me to believe that she has changed drastically. In any case, let’s drop this ludicrous situation and focus on yours,” Clyde said stretching his wing towards Blitz.

“Thanks, but I’ll be fine,” Blitz said. “I don’t need you to hel-" As soon as Blitz moved his leg, he fell down. It wasn’t even his injured leg either as he looked up towards a stern looking Clyde. “Okay maybe I do,” Blitz said with annoyance at himself.

“It’s alright to give in sometimes, Mister Blitz.” Clyde said trying to reassure Blitz about his current condition. “But, tell me this: you threw that snowball, correct?”

“Yes, sir,” Blitz promptly answered getting on Clyde’s back.

“That’s all I need to know.” Clyde’s words echoed in Blitz’s head as he drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Blitz was walking in the winter wonderland once more. This time, however, he was aware of where he was, but not exactly what was happening. The bright glowing snow still affected his eyesight as he tried to see what was going on. “Alright, enough games, where are you…Bluebelle!” Blitz called out, but got no response in return. He searched around the meadow despite the blinding snow obscuring his vision.

All of a sudden, the snow stopped. It was as if everything just froze in place. Blitz couldn’t move at all, he was constricted by an unknown force. A patch of snow melted in front of him and a pony seemed to be rising out of the ground. “Are you...” The pony nodded “...just like I remembered. Same violet coat, same blue mane-same blue eyes.” The mare smiled as she slowly dissolved into a white light.

~~~~~~~~~~

Blitz opened his eyes and did not stir. He found himself in a comfy bed and already knew he was in the same hospital as before. The pain in his leg seemed to die down, but it was still there. He felt slightly better than before, but he wouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon. ‘Bluebelle, my childhood friend. Were those dreams before about her? If so, why do I keep having them? Isn’t it enough that I’ve been trying to suppress them? Why do I have to experience those memories again!’

Blitz’s heart ached as he remembered what had happened between him and Bluebelle. ‘Well, I don’t care. These memories aren’t gonna tear me apart. I just have to keep them away no matter what. I can’t keep living in the past-this dream means nothing to me.’

“Am I interrupting something, Mister Blitz?” A familiar voice had shattered Blitz’s unpleasant thoughts.

“Oh, hey there…Clyde,” Blitz said trying to get back to his normal mood.

“Missing something, perhaps?” Clyde said holding out a particular brown saddlebag.

“My bag! But, how did you-“

“Let’s just say a certain snow globe proved the theft. I connected the snow globe to your snow ball and managed to make the crooks confess.” Clyde handed Blitz his bag with a half full bag of Grass Gummies, two AppleBran Bars and the snow globe. Its gleam never seemed to die down. “It was simple, really.”

“Thanks, I honestly didn’t believe that I’d ever see this thing again.” Blitz smiled and relaxed for the first time in a while.

“Just doing my job.” Clyde gave an approving wink.

“Say-could you explain how you know this…Fluttershy pony? I mean, I’m still finding it hard to believe that you know somepony so mean and crazy!” Blitz cringed at the sight of the pony storming straight at him.

“Well, Mister Blitz, she wasn’t as cruel as she is now. She used to be a kind, loving pony…I’m not sure what could have caused such a shift in personality.” Clyde imagined how sweet Fluttershy was all the time and looked down in sorrow. “I was stationed here after Discord was defeated by the Elements of Harmony. I was to ensure that the wielders of the Elements of Harmony were to be kept safe. After the heinous act of Discord’s wrongdoing, Princess Celestia herself wanted to make sure that Ponyville be under some protection. After all, there really is no pony around here keeping the peace.”

“So, how do you know Fluttershy?” Blitz still didn’t understand how Clyde was connecting things.

“She is one of the ponies who possessed the Elements of Harmony,” stated Clyde preparing himself for Blitz’s outburst.

“Oh, okay. Well, that’s great,” Blitz said sarcastically. Clyde raised an eyebrow due to Blitz’s calm reaction.

“Ahem, anyway, I’ve gotten to know many ponies living in Ponyville; Fluttershy and her friends, the other Elements of Harmony, especially. I’ve personally met each and every one of them.”

“So you say you know her well, but how come you almost forgot her name?”

“Well, let’s just say a guard’s life can be a little…boring at times. After all, no pony really goes around and causes mischief in Ponyville…until today, of course. I was off-duty and decided to take a trip to Canterlot to have my brilliant mustache groomed to perfection.” Clyde brushed his mustache gloriously.

‘Great, the mustache again,’ Blitz thought comically.

“How about you, Mister Blitz? Are you a local or out of town. I’ve never seen you around here before.”

“Yeah, I’m from Manehatten. Came here looking for a job.” Blitz intentionally left out the restarting his whole life thing.

“Interesting, a job you say? What are you trying to apply for?”

“Well, there was this flier for a mailing service. Does Post Poll ring any bells?” Blitz vaguely remembered the pony’s name after all he’s been through.

“Hmm, well, I can’t say for sure I’ve met the pony. But, Mister Blitz, you don’t seem to be in the…best condition. That leg of yours is going to cause problems if you’re trying to deliver letters.” Clyde was trying to avoid the fact that Blitz wasn’t doing anything for a while.

“Crap, you’re right. Darn it, what am I supposed to do now? The spot could be taken if I don’t recover fast.” Blitz broke out of his relaxed state as realized that he was still in a crisis. Clyde was silent as he thought for a moment. Stroking his mustache, he came to an answer for Blitz’s predicament.

“I am no doctor, but I know somepony who might be able to help you, Mister Blitz.” Blitz lightened up as he was alert to hear what Clyde had to say. “There is a mare that goes by Twilight Sparkle. She is known for her intelligence as well as her magic. In fact, I don’t think I’ve witnessed anypony do magic better than her!”

“Twilight Sparkle…okay, thanks. I’ll make sure to look out for that name.”

“Anytime. If you need me, don’t hesitate to call. I won’t refuse anypony’s cry for help. Take care, Mister Blitz.” Clyde nodded and departed towards the door.

“Hey Clyde. Thanks, really, for everything,” said the unicorn smiling honestly. Clyde simply returned the smile and exited the room. Blitz thought he could hear chatter outside and noticed that Enzo and Vice were waiting outside with Clyde. Vice gave the pony a cocky grin before being dragged away by Clyde. Enzo remained behind and gave Blitz a small wave before dashing off after his companion.

‘What a nut-job! Can’t believe they were actually caught! I wonder how Clyde got all three of us to the hospital. Geez, I should stop worrying so much. Too many things going on with the job, my leg-wait a minute. Where’s Fuzzy? Didn’t he say he’d meet me here in Ponyville. Gaah, again with the worrying. He’s probably still picking up…whatever he has to pick up.’ Blitz set his saddlebag on the desk next to him with the multicolored flowers. He folded his hooves behind his head and stared blankly into the ceiling.

‘So this Twilight Sparkle pony knows super magic or something. Maybe I can teach her a thing or two about snowballs, haha. I wonder if she can actually do something about my leg…oh well, I’ll find out soon enough.’ On that note, Blitz drifted into a long sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

“LISTEN UP, BOYS!” Clyde’s voice bounced around in Vice and Enzo’s heads. “You’re lucky you got caught by this guard and nopony else. Otherwise, you’d in a world of pain!”

“Yeah, okay. So what happens now, huh?” Vice said as if he didn’t care that he was being taken in by the authority.

“I’m not quite sure.” Clyde ruffled his mustache. “I’m going to give you boys a second chance. BUT, don’t think you two are off the hook!” The three ponies were now out of the hospital and in the market once more. Clyde was leading the duo across the market, slowly deciding their fate. Barely anypony was left in the market as Celestia’s sun was just setting. Stalls were being taken down or left unoccupied for the night. It really was a time to settle down and pack up. But, the three ponies still had business to take care of. “Assuming your situation is correct, you boys are in need of some money,” Clyde calmly said walking towards the sunset.

“We told you, we’re just some poor guys trying to make a living y’know?” Vice said in a somewhat pained tone. “That was our excuse for stealing that guy’s bag right? We move from city to city, town to town…just to make a living. Not like we got anything else to live for, heh?”

“Yeah…” Enzo added in. Clyde looked at both ponies with a surprised face. He didn’t expect the mood to change so quickly and drastically.

“Damn, we really screwed up this time huh, Enzo? I mean, we’re friggn’ stealing from ponies now.”

“Yeah…” Enzo could only say that one word as he looked down at the ground.

“Where are you boys from?”

“Very far…too far,” Vice said retaining his slightly pained smile.

“Fair enough,” Clyde concluded.

“Sorry for being such a downer-it’s just, well old memories are popping up and all. I mean, it’s just been me and Enzo for a while now.” Vice raised his head with a gloomy look in his eyes. “But hey, let’s not dwell on this any further shall we?” Enzo finally raised his head, but stayed silent.

“Yes,” Clyde firmly stated. He pondered as to how he was going to find a solution to these ponies’ problem. The trio kept walking through the market as Celestia’s sun finally set and Luna’s moon had started to rise. Almost everypony was gone except the three stallions. The starting night was dead silent with barely any sounds. The constant clops of the ponies’ hooves were drowned out way beforehand. “I’VE GOT IT!”

“Holy mother-dammit, what the he-ay is your problem? You trying to give me a heart attack?” Vice shrieked.

“Follow me boys, I’ve found just the solution to your problem!” Clyde started to dash towards a different direction. Vice and Enzo instantly picked up and caught up with Clyde. The trio was out of the market and traveling outside the path.

“Yo, where are we going? And what are you planning, huh?” Vice said curious to see what Clyde had up his sleeve.

“Just follow my lead, boys.” Clyde knew his destination well as he kept on running. Vice and Enzo kept galloping behind Clyde. Luna’s moon illuminated the area which seemed to be a giant, grassy plain. After a few minutes, Clyde had started to slow down. The duo cautiously advanced behind the guard as they took in what he was looking at. In the distance, a farmhouse surrounded by various trees could be seen.

PreviousChapters Next