• Published 2nd Apr 2014
  • 930 Views, 6 Comments

Dreaming of Lucidity - Swordoath



A human with an odd way of thinking- from four perspectives- is called to Equestria, and each of the four gets it's own body. Things kinda go to hell from there.

  • ...
5
 6
 930

Michael - Trains and Unicorns (Minor Revisions)

Shut it off.

No.

Shut itoff.

No. I like this song.

Both if you, stop.

Well I think-

Stuff it, Mike.

That's me, Michael. This is the way I think. Four, disagreeing, infuriatingly conflicting perspectives on every matter. If I were to write down the whole tirade about whether or not I should turn off the radio, I bet it would take up a whole journal. I suppose the better place to start would be the names. In their opinion, I'm fun, hyperactive, and really, really bad at focus. Like, almost ADHD bad. Except when I'm writing. I'm usually pretty good then. But, uh, yeah, I'm pretty relaxed despite my energy. It's weird.

Anyhow, I'm supposed to be getting to the point by now. I was laying in bed, trying to sleep like usual. Then something weird happened.

"Hello? Sir? We're at the last station on the line."

"Mph, five more minutes..." I said, rolling over.

"But the train leaves soon."

"What train?"

"The one you're on. It's the last stop."

"Wha- huh?" I got up and looked around. I wasn't in bed anymore. I was on a train, though. And the person speaking wasn't a person. It was this brown horse, like four or five feet tall. He had on a conductor's hat and a vest with a pocket watch in it. "Where am I?"

"A train."

"Like, what town?"

"Ponyville."

"'Ponyville?' I don't even remember getting on the train."

"You don't?"

"Hey! Will ya' shut the hell up?" growled a voice in the next seat. A voice way too familiar.

"Aaron?"

It seemed impossible, but it was him. For a vague idea of him, think an anti-human activist mixed with an evil teacher with a 'badass' attitude. The general consensus is that he's a conceited jerk. He's a self proclaimed 'genius' because he notices everyone's flaws when they can't. He looked like he always made me dress- Dark hair swept strait down all around, automatically glaring with eyes that were, as he always wanted, a maroon red. The jerk was wearing black jeans, hiking boots,a white shirt, and the red hoodie that I personally thought was too big to wear. I mean, I can't get to my pockets with it on-

Wait, getting off topic.

"Mike? What the hell are you doing here- wait, this isn't my dream? Where am I?"

"What were you dreaming of?"

"This big old room full of idiots like you that I was busy cutting up into little- Wait, what's with the horse?"

"Excuse me? I'm a pony!" he piped up.

"Shut it, quadruped. I don't care were we are, just let me get back to my dream."

"Now now Aaron, aren't we acting a bit rude? Wake up on the wrong side of the bench?"

"William, you too?"

"It appears so." he said, leaning, arms crossed, against the doorframe. If you want to know about Will, for starter's, he's actually really smart, and good with card games and stuff. He reads emotions like children's books, but has trouble expressing himself. But he's a good guy- as long as Aaron doesn't get in his head. Will had this blonde hair swept to the left all neatly, and was looking around the room with startlingly blue eyes. He was wearing a grey polo and beige pants with dress shoes. He always dressed like that. I could see in his hand a pair of glasses, like the ones I'm supposed to wear for reading. I never do though. Wear them, I mean. I read-

Sorry. Back on track now.

"I'm getting confused now," said the pony. "Could somepony-"

"Some-what? I said, already starting to snigger. "You sound ridicu-"

"Michael," warned William. "I'm sorry, sir. We are just as lost on the subject as-"

"Will, did you find the other- Oh, hey guys!"

Aaron groaned, facepalming. "Not this chick. Mike, maybe. Will, sure. But her? Why?!"

He was referring to Jennifer. He really doesn't like her. She's really nice and all, if a little emotionally fragile. Like seriously, I think she's more- uh, whatever neurotic for other emotions is- than Aaron. And he can kill a laugh mid breath if you say the wrong thing. She was wearing the same kind of clothes I was- A black hoodie with buttons on it, a grey tee-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers. But hers were for girls, obviously.

"Nice to see you too, Aaron." She said, glaring at him.

"Listen, I'd honesty love to see how this plays out, but I've got a schedule to keep," Said the conductor. "So are you getting off or not?"

"Yes." Jenny, Will, and I said.

"No." Aaron said.

"Come on, Aaron. We might as well enjoy this dream while we can." Jennifer said.

Aaron grumbled something unintelligible, but followed us off the train. I waved the conductor goodbye, and he awkwardly waved back as the train left the station. I turned to the others- Aaron was giving the evil eye to some pony that was staring, William was checking the train schedule, and Jenny was looking at the map of town.

"So we're... where?" She mumbled. "This even a real map?"

"Oh, I'm sure it's real. After all, we can see and touch it." William said.

"Shut up, smart ass." Growled Aaron, walking over.

"Better a smart ass than a dumb ass." William retorted nonchalantly. "In any case, there is a high probability that it's only our imagination. After all, we normally aren't separate entities, and horses of Earth aren't known for speech."

"Or we're on an alien planet, and travel split us up," I suggested absentmindedly.

"Is it weird I agree with Mike?" Jenny asked. "I mean, I've never dreamed so much detail. Or so lucidly."

"That is technically possible, however unlikely."

"This is all really interesting, but to be honest, I don't care all that much." Aaron yawned. "Now, when are we going home? And can we even get there?"

"I'm afraid I've not a single idea, as I doubt the train took us here. We could ask the leader of this place, perhaps he-"

"Or she." Jenny interrupted.

"Or she can help us." William glared at her. "All that remains now is to locate..."

I'd already stopped listening. I was going to ask this unicorn- Yes, a unicorn. I know it sounds crazy.- that I'd seen getting off the train where we could find someone to help us out.

"Hi, sorry to bother you," I started. "But, uh, could you point me in the direction of the leader of town?"

The white and blue unicorn lifted up her tinted sunglasses and looked at me quizzically. "You mean the mayor, or the princess?"

"Uh, whichever one is more helpful to travelers?"

"You'll want the princess then." She said, rolling her eyes to some kind of inside joke or something. "She lives in the overlarge crystal castle down the street."

I looked down in the direction she gestured, and sure enough, a massive tree-like castle made of crystal was featured on the horizon.

"Why does it look like a giant 'thumbs up?'"

"Why not?"

"Good point. Thanks, uh..."

"Vinyl Scratch. That's my name, don't-"

"Wear it out." I finished. "Anyway, thanks Vinyl. Bye."

"Bye." She said slowly, turning away. Weird.

I walked back to where my... Friends, I guess? Friends had been.

They were gone.

Author's Note:

I'll be telling each chapter from a different perspective, looping in a sort of cycle-but-not-a-cycle.
Let me know what you think in the comments.