• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 724 Views, 2 Comments

Those things we leave behind - OrganicPsycho



The story of Celestia, Luna and Discord

  • ...
 2
 724

Prologue

Author's note to everyone - This is my first Fanfic, I hope you like ^^. I'm sorry if it's not perfect, but I'm always looking to improve =) I try to get my grammar as perfect as I can within the limits of how I tend to write, but things will always slip through the net.


The mare stared down at what she had produced. The beautiful young filly had a coat of midnight blue. Her mane, although short right now, was the same shade of the night sky and almost looked as though it had the stars themselves speckled in it. A smile crossed both of their faces.
“What should we name her, dear?” the mare asked, turning to the Stallion beside her.
The stallion gazed longingly up at the stars above them before turning to his wife.
“Luna” he replied simply, and with a sheepish grin. The little foal giggled at this. She yawned gently and spread her small wings for the smallest of moments.
“She’s like her sister…a whatchamacallit.”
“An Alicorn, dear” the mare said with a short laugh, looking at Luna’s horn and her wings.

As if from nowhere, a new figure had materialised. The mare was not very old, but seemed to carry herself with a grace and poise far beyond her years. Her horn was short but sharp, honed from a few years of practice since her birth. Her wings were growing too. They had not yet reached more than a metre across, but were still growing strong. Her white coat was shining in the light of the moon. The only thing odd about her was her garish, neon green mane.
“Celestia dear…have you been experimenting again?” her mother asked her.
The young mare let out a small giggle.
“I have ma. Do you like it?”
There was a short glow from the horn of her father and Celestia’s mane was returned to it’s normal, baby pink colour. Anyone else might have gotten mad, but Celestia simply smiled and walked over to get a glimpse of her baby sister, who was now staring intently at her.

“Her name is Luna.” Her mother said softly, gazing at them both with affection.
“Hi Luna. I’m your sister, Celestia.” She said, overcome with a teary smile.
The baby gargled, as if she was trying to say something. They all looked at her, and leaned in a little closer.
“T….t….Tia!” Luna managed.
“That’s right Luna, I’m Tia” she grinned.

The moment of happiness seemed as though it would last forever.