• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 600 Views, 2 Comments

Notes Of Time - MLPxMaestro



A new life paves way for others, and will even influence and impact others as time goes on. Vinyl reveals things she had for somepony, and Maestro encounters ponies he hadn't met in years. Tragedy stikes a certain family member and other occure

  • ...
0
 2
 600

Chapter Six- Tavi Triforce

Notes Of Time:

Chapter 6- Tavi Triforce:

Octavia and her daughter, Octave, were patiently awaiting the train’s arrival that would be just minutes away by now. Hays and Maestro were over at the other side of the station talking away as Hays saw Nickel Less walk into the place.

“Nickel, you’re here! Come over here dude, I want you to meet somepony we haven’t met in years!” Hays called out to him.

“Now who might this be?” Nickel wondered.

“My name’s Maestro, me and Hays here went to high school together. If I’m not mistaken you were there with him at the time?”

Nickel Less pondered for a moment, continuing to look at Maestro’s face like he was perhaps telling the truth. A quick moment later, he couldn’t believe it was really him.

“By Celestia…it is you!” he greeted him happily.

“Nooow you’re caught up on memories.” Hays added in chuckling.

The three of them carried onto topic after conversational topic. Covering things from their very own high school memories, both good and bad. To memories ranging along the lines of personal opinion and point of view on certain ponies and things.

Octave then looked back at Maestro carrying on with his former schoolmates, and even grew slightly jealous he was laughing and cutting up with them so much.

“I haven’t seen dad laugh and cut up that much since I was little.” she thought to herself. So she decided she would try and join in with them.

“Mother, I’m going over there to be with dad.” She pointed with her hoof.

“Okay dear, I shall remain here on the lookout for our train, and that I will be here should you need me.”

“Okay!” Octave then galloped off happily, and into the direction of those two other ponies with her father.

She slowed herself down as she approached the group closer and closer, careful to not attract attention to the two whom were talking with her father.

“Dad?” she said approaching Maestro.

“Yes dear?” he replied.

Hays then suddenly intervened with them, and began complementing Maestro on how adorable she looked.

“Again, Maestro you lucky son of a-”

“Hey!” Maestro interrupted him once more to correct him.

“Oh, right…ahem…Maestro you lucky stallion you, she’s adorable! What’s her name again?” Hays smiled at her. Octave of course didn’t really know how to act at the stranger suddenly showing signs of positivity towards her.

Maestro said nothing and looked down at Octave, insisting she uses her manners in front of strangers like she was taught.

“Um…my name’s Octave…pleased to meet you, sir.” She replied smiling a little bit back to him.

“Ah, and a filly who knows how to use her manners, well that’s something I don’t see everyday.” Said hays.

“It’s not?” Maestro wondered.

“Of course not, because I don’t really come here very often. Though yes I have been here other times, I have not been able to actually have a great experience here until now. I bet the war must have whipped these Canterlotians into shape, eh?” he chuckled.

“Dad was in the war, he said it was really bad too.”

“Oh I bet, war is never good, and I hope we don’t have to deal with one ever again. Never did I think Equestria however, was capable of such a fighting force across the entire country.” Nickel Less added into the conversation.

“So Nickel…how’s your business coming along?” Maestro asked.

“Oh it’s coming along great! I’m getting a lot more money than I though I would going into the banking industry…but it’s brutal competition I tell ya.” Nickel replied.

“You have no idea.” Hays added.

“Quiet Hays, you don’t even have a company of your own, nor have you ever had one.” Said Nickel.

“I don’t care…I regret nothing!”

“You have nothing to regret.” Nickel about to now facehoof himself.

“I don’t care…silence Nickel!”

They then shared an awkward silence between the three of them, but Octave giggling a bit at how funny the two seemed when they talked to each other.

“They’re funny dad!” Octave giggled and smiled up at him.

“We’ve all had a pretty good sense of humor I’d say ever since we were young.” Maestro replied.

The minutes continued passing on by, and Octave was beginning to get into their conversations more and more. Hays usually trying to make her laugh with him adding clever puns into the subjects at random. Octavia was managing to hear four ponies across the station laugh along with each other, and even seemed to be interested as to what was so great and funny where they were. Octave hadn’t even grown bored of their talk yet, which surprised her. But she knew sje loved being with her father whenever she could, and no doubt she was daddy’s little girl.

Before they all knew it, Maestro’s train had finally arrived, and it was time for him and the rest of the family to head out.

The train then let out a loud peep coming from its whistle, signifying that all passengers must board.

“All aboard! Current destination is San Palomino!”

Maestro then made his way to the family luggage to load them onto the train.

“Well…I guess this is goodbye then.” Hays spoke up, as he then saw Octavia board onto the train and made it to her seat.

“What? Oh come on now, it’s rather a see you later.”

“Dad, can’t he and the other come with us to San Palomino?” Octave asked, wanting the funny one to come along with them.

“Eh look here kid, I don’t think that’d be a great id-”

“Now hold a minute there, Hays…” Maestro began to then think, placing one of his hooves under his chin.

“Not really holding any at the moment, just standing here…but okay I suppose.” He laughed.

“You and these puns for like the past twenty minutes already. Goodness Hays, did Pinkie Infect you with her sense of humor when we were back in Ponyville or something? My goodness!” Nickel asked.

“Um…sure, why not? I wouldn’t mind that.” Hays replied.

Nickel’s efforts to then facehoof himself were not in vain just as he did just that immediately thereafter.

“One minute until departure!” the conductor shouted once more.

“Well Maestro, it’s been real good seeing you.” Said Hays.

“Same here dude, I don’t think that trip will be the same without you.”

“Hey! What about me?!” Nickel added in slightly frustrated.

“You too man, he didn’t forget about you.” Hays replied, seeing that Maestro was just joking around like he “forgot” about him.

“We need to find a way to keep in touch or something.” Said Hays.

“Hm, true…then what do you suggest we do then?”

“Well I suggest that we either send each other letters…oh what the hay, let’s make ourselves another group name like we did back in high school?”

“You’re kidding Hays…” Maestro thought.

“Yeah…how about…the Canterlot Triforce!” Hays stuck his hoof up in the air dramatically, causing Octave to giggle once more.

“That’s a terrible name dude.”

“Darn…well how about it be named after somepony then and make it short?”

“Like a famous figure?”

“Exactly Maestro!”

Maestro then came up with a name that would seem good, but he knew Octavia wouldn’t appreciate the name…but he didn’t care either way.

“How about…the uh…Tavi Triforce?” Maestro shrugged.

Nickel Less and Hays then looked back at each other, then back to him lost for words. They then laughed.

“That’s genius! But Hahahahaha…you serious?! You’re naming it after your wife?! I love it!” Hays laughed, wiping a tear from his right eye.

The bell from the train then began to ring, and steam began to emerge from the train.

“Well it’s been awesome you two, but we’re heading out! Let’s go Octave!”

“Bye you guys! It was nice meeting both of you!” Octave shouted out to the both of them just before she and her father made it inside with only a few seconds left to spare.

The train then chugged off with a final blow of its whistle, as it moved down the tracks steadily then picking up pace in a quick fashion.

“I like your friends dad, they’re awesome! I like how you made your groups name after mom!” Octave laughed. Octavia’s ears rose attentively to what she said just then, causing her curiosity to spark.

“What’s this ‘named after me’ business she speaks of?” Octavia asked him, knowing Maestro was up to some typical comical mischief.

“Um…well you see-”

“DadAndHisFriendsMadeUpAGroupNameToKeepInTouchAndNamedItAfterYou!” Octave immediately covered her mouth with both of her hooves, and looked back at Maestro’s expression, then back to Octavia’s.

“You did what now? Named a…named a group after me? You saying you named your little three pony group after me?”

“Um…yes?” Maestro replied, looking back at Octave, and giving her the stink eye.

“What was it named then?”

“Well uh…Tavi Triforce.”

Octavia’s eyes then opened up a bit more, knowing it was awfully catchy sounding, but still not approving of it.

“I may never understand why you do some of the things you do dear, but I still enjoy your sense of humor.” Octavia smiled a bit, then quickly turned away. She then tried to find something to occupy herself with to end the topic and conversation just then.

Meanwhile back at the station…

“So that name again…Tavi Triforce he said?” Nickel spoke up.

“Yep…and we aren’t changing it anytime soon! But I must say…is it just me? Or is his wife, Octavia, actually kind of hot?” Hays elbowed him back.

“I will now proceed to stay out of this conversation.”

“You know what other conversation you said you would stay out of…”

“What?” Nickel sighed.

He knew Hays was then just about to let out another pun once more.

“Remember when that little filly came up to us, asking about what we were talking about? Does…the birds and the bees ring a bell?” Hays looked off laughing.

“Nope-nope-nope-nope-nope!” Nickel raised one of his hooves, and hastefully made his way out of the station.

“Aw come on?! We at least told her how bees make honey!? They rob the flowers, remember?!”