• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 1,201 Views, 12 Comments

Tricky Concert - Silent Strider



Somepony makes an attempt on Twilight's life during a music show, endangering the public in the proccess. Now Twilight has to work with the prime suspect to find the real culprit.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,201

Prelude

It had been a quite pleasant day for Twilight. That is, until she saw a cluster of large rockets streaming towards her.

Let’s start a bit earlier, though.

A couple weeks prior Princess Luna was at the highest point of a prank war with Discord when she had a brilliant idea for a new, if nasty, prank: throw a balloon filled with Tatzlwurm mucus on Discord, granting the draconequus a one-way ticket to the infirmary. The Princess gleefully flew to the ends of Equestria to find a Tatzlwurm and get the balloon filled.

In hindsight it wasn’t such a good idea; Luna hadn’t fully considered how to put the mucus inside the balloon, splashing her own hooves on her third failed attempt. She noticed that something was very wrong as her hooves turned green, at which point another issue with her plan became obvious; getting back from the ends of Equestria to Canterlot, easy for her when healthy, was significantly less than easy while sickly green.

Luna did manage to get back to Canterlot Castle, which in hindsight was also a less than sensible idea. The Tatzlwurm Fever doesn’t just make ponies (and draconequus) green; it is also highly contagious and - especially troubling when one of the only two alicorns capable of moving the sun and the moon seeks help of the other one - prevents all magic usage until cured. Only some rapid thinking on Discord’s part, involving a giant birdcage and a pink plastic bubble, prevented a greater tragedy involving a green Princess Celestia.

Almost having the two de-facto rulers of Equestria incapacitated for the second time since Princess Twilight’s coronation left the three princesses wary. As soon as Luna recovered they agreed that Twilight should take a crash course on how to keep Equestria running in the (apparently not so) unlikely event both other princesses weren’t available.

Twilight, of course, loved the idea. She had been asking Celestia for lessons on how to be a princess, or at least a book she could borrow, since her coronation; besides, she loved to study, and doubly so study under Celestia and Luna. The prospect of a couple weeks of hard study with the other two princesses made Twilight feel like she was in heaven.

Today’s schedule had been particularly pleasant. Breakfast with Celestia; a brief lecture on court protocol followed by a report on the morning session of the Sun Court; lunch with Celestia and Luna, which doubled as a very laid back princessly etiquette lesson; and in the afternoon a study on guard procedures and advanced magic with Luna. Twilight was almost disappointed when Luna bid her farewell, ending her day full of exciting study, but there was a show that evening she had been planning to see for some time already.

Author's Note:

This first chapter is a bit of an experiment in a tell rich text. It can be skipped, the info contained inside can be garnered by the context where it's referenced again.

Feel free to point flaws, errors, or to make suggestions; I'm here to learn.