• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 580 Views, 4 Comments

Into the Cupcake Cellar - Ractrin



Rainbow Dash and many other poinies have gone missing, and now with only one clue to guide her, Princess Luna must find them before its to late.

  • ...
3
 4
 580

Section 2: A Report to Princess Luna

Twilight watched the horizon looking for Rainbow Dash. The sun was setting and A.K. Yearling was just about to close up her book sale. Twilight knew how much this meant to Rainbow Dash, and Rainbow Dash is never late for anything. She bit her lower lip, and rubbed her arm nervously as a few of the book store’s customers walked by. They waved at her, and waited for her to acknowledge their presence.

“Princess Twilight?” One of them said. This caused Twilight to snap out of her sky gazing and look at the three ponies standing before her. She looked down at them and smiled nervously.
“I’m sorry, hello.” she said as calmly as she could muster. “Is there something I can do for you?”
“Hello, my name is Sleek Dusk and I was wondering if I could get you to sign my Daring Do book too.” A young dark blue pegasus said as he held out the latest Daring Do novel in his mouth.

“Well, Sleek Dusk, I‘d be happy to.” Twilight responded as she took the book with her magic. She hovered it over to her as well as a pen from her nearby bag. As the book hovered in front of her, she opened it to the first page and saw A.K. Yearlings signature there. Underneath it she signed “Princess Twilight Sparkle” and hovered the book back over to the excited pegasus.

“Thank you so much princess! No one’s gonna believe this!” he exclaimed as him and his friends ran off. She chuckled and looked into the book store. Daring Do sat at a table in the middle of the foyer, donning glasses and a maroon cape to try and hide her identity.

“Still no Rainbow Dash.” Twilight thought to herself. “If I had missed her while signing that book she’d definitely be in there talking to Daring…” She turned and walked into the store. A few of the patrons bowed as she passed, Twilight returning them with a nod. Daring Do did the same when she approached her table. “That’s not necessary Yearling.” Twilight said with a smile.

“If you say so Princess.” she said as she sat back and signed another book that was presented to her.
“Have you seen Rainbow Dash today?” Twilight asked.
“No I haven’t. Only you standing out front for hours taking some of my spotlight.”
“Oh… I didn’t mean to… I’ve been waiting on Rainbow Dash all day. She said she’d meet me here so that she could be at your last book’s release.”
“Well, I know Rainbow Dash is one of my biggest fans… here…” Daring reached behind her and pulled out a copy of her book and put it on the desk. She opened the it to the front page and signed it and then subsequently closed it and held the book out on one of her hooves. “For her, since she couldn’t be here.”

“Wow, thank you Yearling, this will mean a lot to her.” Twilight said taking the book and placing it in one of her bags.
“Not a problem. After all, you and your ‘Court of Friendship’ have been helpful on a few of my journeys. It’s the least I can do. Do you have one for me to sign as well?” Twilight looked over at the line of ponies that were still waiting for their books to be signed.

“N-not right now… you still have a bunch of other ponies waiting-” Daring Do held up her hoof.
“They can wait for you Princess.” she said with a wry smile.
“Okay.” Twilight pulled her copy of the book and hovered it over to Daring. She signed it and Twilight took it back. “Thank you.”
“No, thank you Princess. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a few more books I need to sign before the store closes.”
“Of course.” Twilight did a slight bow and left the store. As she stepped back out into Canterlot’s streets she stared up at the sky thinking, “Where are you Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow Dash awoke to her head pounding and her mouth dry. She went to move her hoof to her head in order to stop the throbbing but she couldn’t move her arms. She looked over at her left hoof and noticed it was strapped down to whatever she was laying on. Rainbow looked over to her other hoof and saw the same thing. She tried to move her hind legs but they were strapped down as well. She flipped her tail, it was still free but that wouldn’t do her any good. She tried to flap a wing but found them to be immobilized as well.

A quick look around proved useless as a bright light was above her and it prevented her from being able to see the rest of the dark and cold area. “Hello?” Rainbow asked with a sense of fear in her voice. “Pinkie?” she called out again. The table that she was laying on jerked and she began to tilt vertically, the table coming to a stop with her at a seventy degree angle or so. The light above her was somewhat behind her head now so as her eyes adjusted she was beginning to be able to see the dark musty room. As soon as her eyes adjusted properly her jaw dropped and a loud gasp escaped her throat.

Twilight flew over to Rainbow Dash’s home and landed on her cloud porch. She knocked on the door and waited for a moment. The silence that emanated from Rainbow’s house was sickening. It was never this quiet, least never when Twilight was over. And she was only over when Rainbow was here. “Rainbow Dash!?” Twilight yelled up at the open window. Nothing inside the house stirred.

She flew up to the windows that lead to Rainbow’s bedroom and saw that it was as messy as usual. The bed wasn’t made neat and some of her work-out clothes laid around on the floor. Twilight rolled her eyes as she flew in and looked around.

“Rainbow Dash! I brought you a book signed by Daring do!” she called out again as she walked out into the living room.

As she looked around she noticed that nothing was unusual. Everything indicated that Rainbow had left home expecting to return. She sat the book on the living room table and left out Rainbow’s bedroom window again.

As she flew she could only think of one other place she’d be, Sugar Cube Corner. Rainbow had told Twilight that she was visiting Pinkie Pie for a personal party just before she came to the book signing. So maybe Pinkie Pie would know where Rainbow was.

Twilight cupped her wings as she softly landed in front of the store. Night had fallen so the store’s porch light barely illuminated the closed sign. She peered through the door and could see Pinkie moving around the store, cleaning the floor. Twilight gently tapped on the glass to get her attention. With a jolt, Pinkie looked at the door and waved happily.

She opened the door and in her usual chipper way said, “Hi twilight, what are you doing here so late?”
“I’m looking for Rainbow Dash. She didn’t show up for Daring Do’s last book release and she had said this is where she was going before that. Have you seen her?” Twilight responded. Pinkie Pie shrugged.
“She left here a few hours ago, saying she really wanted to make it to the book party thingy. Which doesn’t surprise me, since the party we had was kind of sad.”
“Sad? Why?” Twilight asked, cocking her head in confusion.
“The party was for her tenth year anniversary of being resurrected… but don’t tell her I told you.” Pinkie said, covering a side of her mouth with her hoof.
“Ressurec-? oh yeah, the Rainbow Factory… She never talks about that…” Twilight said as her ears flopped down
“I know, that’s why it’s a secret.” Pinkie said smiling.
“Well, if you see her, please let me know. I’m going to go back to Canterlot and see if maybe she visited Princess Celestia or Luna for some reason.”
“Okay, have fun.” Pinkie said as she waved. Twilight turned and flew away.

“Gah, I thought that bitch would never leave.” Pinkie said as she turned back into the store. “Now to have fun with my new toy, I bet she’s awake by now.”

Twilight Sparkle landed on the balcony outside the throne room and yawned. It was nearly midnight and she hadn’t slept any. Her wings were sore from flying back and forth between Canterlot and Ponyville. She rubbed one of her wing’s elbows against her ribs to try and massage it.

Careful to not make to much noise, she opened the doors to the throne room and walked in, hoping to find Princess Luna inside. Once inside she found her hopes correct, Luna sat on her throne, flipping through papers from the previous day.

Twilight slowly galloped up to her throne and bowed. “Princess Luna.” she said.
“Princess Twilight, what are you doing here at this hour?” Luna asked, setting the papers aside.
“I’ve been looking for Rainbow Dash all evening. She didn’t happen to come here for anything did she?” Twilight said, looking up at the nighttime ruler.

“No of course not. What makes you believe she came here?” Luna asked slightly confused.

“Well, She’s not at home, she’s not at Sugar Cube Corner, and she didn’t show up at the book store. So… I have no idea where she is…” Twilight said with a slightly worried shrug. Luna stood up, remembering what Celestia had told her the night before about disappearances. In fact, the papers she had just sat aside were missing pony reports from the Ponyville Guard. The thought of Rainbow Dash possibly being the next disappearance caused a lump to form in Luna’s throat. However, she did not show her concern and let a smile cross her face.

“Dear Princess Twilight, do not worry yourself over this. Rainbow Dash performed her usual Sonic Rain-boom this afternoon, mayhap she fell asleep on a cloud on the way to the store. I’ll search for anypony dreaming. Now go and rest in your room here in the castle. You seem very tired dear one.” Luna gestured to the doors leading deeper into the castle. Twilight looked over her shoulder at the doors in question and looked back at Luna with very heavy eyes.

“Thank you, Luna. I am tiered… please… if you find her, let me know.” Twilight said as she walked towards the exit.

“Sleep well young one. And worry not of Rainbow Dash, I will find her.” Luna said as she watched Twilight leave. Once the doors were shut, she turned to the balcony and walked out to it. She closed her eyes and her horn lit. Her eyes opened up, glowing bright white. “Where are you Rainbow?” Luna whispered under her breath as she began sending out her dream-walker spell upon Ponyville and Canterlot.