• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 3,321 Views, 146 Comments

A Filly's Tale - Deathsia



Rainbow Dash Follows Scootaloo home one day...

  • ...
15
 146
 3,321

To hell in a handbasket part 2

TO HELL IN A HAND-BASKET

PART 2

As the four continued to venture though the forest scared Pinkie gave a suddenly startled cry as she saw a rustling of bushes just to the right of them. “Both Pinkies behind me!” Rarity exclaimed as she began to focus magic into her horn however stopped abruptly when yet another version of Pinkie Pie jumped out of the bushes.

“haha! You all were so scared! That was fun! Lets do that again!” This version of Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she hopped around the four.

“Well this Pinkie seems more like the one we all know.” Applejack remarked until the filly stopped behind her and slapped her rump hard making the farm pony jump. “What in tarnation was that for?!” Applejack exclaimed in an annoyed tone as she rubbed her stinging rump now.

Rarity was next to give a startled cry as she jumped about three feet in the air with a beat red blush on her face. “Pinkie! That is a place that you know no mare or colt should be sticking their hooves without expressed permission!” Rarity said as she sat down with her rump firmly on the ground still blushing.

“Hehe! You both are a crack up! We should hang out more often!” The pink filly exclaimed followed by a giggle and a snort.

“I dare say, this must be the part of us which represents the fun loving side of us all but without my reserved morals and intelligence she lacks the judgment to know when not to go too far.” Smart pinkie remarked as the pink filly continued to jump about.

“S-she also lacks my fear for what others might think of her for doing such things..” scared Pinkie chimed in with a slight whimper.

“Well that explains why she smacked mah rump without a second thought to get a rise outta meh.” Applejack remarked finally able to stop rubbing her rump.

“It also explains why she stuck her hoof in my.....erm...violated me to make me jump in surprise.” Rarity chimed in her face looking crimson at the moment due to her blushing so fiercely.

“Quite...” Smart Pinkie replied to the both as she adjusted her glasses before approaching the giggling pink filly. “Would you be as kind as to-I say! Of all the perverted things to do and to yourself might add!” Smart Pinkie exclaimed as she slammed her own rump on the ground due to the pink filly quickly reaching around and touching her.

“I always wondered how I would react to that...Haha!” the pink filly exclaimed then fell to her side holding her sides as she laughed loudly.

“I dare say, this is the part of me I do not like. Why we behave like this is beyond me. But as I was saying before your...prank, would you accompany us to finding our core?” Smart Pinkie said in the best tone she could muster despite her embarrassment.

“Sure!” The filly exclaimed and continued to hop around the four.

“Ah reckon we can call this one Prankster Pinkie.” Applejack said as she walked next to smart pinkie.

“I'd venture more to using the term, perverted pinkie, but whichever helps you keep track us of best I suppose...” smart pinkie said as she stood back up on all four hooves.

“I dare to agree with you on that smart Pinkie...” Rarity chimed in standing up now herself.

------------------------------


“Okay, so let meh see, we got smart pinkie, scared pinkie, and now we got prankster pinkie. Ah'm wondering what part of her we'll be runnin into next.” Applejack said as the five ponies continued venturing throught he forest until they came to a valley with a seemingly endless bottom with only a rickety bridge.

“Applejack, I could not help but notice...is this...?” Rarity asked trailing off with her question.

“Yep, it's the same bridge we used to cross when we were first going to find the elements of harmony. Ya ain't the only one thinkin that sugarcube.” Applejack replied as she stepped onto the first part of the bridge only for it to give a loud cracking sound as if it was about to give way before she jumped back. “This here bridge isn't lookin all that stable either.” Applejack remarked apprehensively as she stood just in front of it now.

“Let me see what I can do about that.” Rarity replied as she stepped forward, channeled magic into her horn which moments later shot a coat of white magic onto the bridge which began to reshape the bridge in a fashion which made it look much more stable only for it to revert back to it's original shape. “Oh Dear...” Rarity remarked in a worried tone as the bridge swayed slightly looking no different than it had a few moments before.

“I suspect this is one of our core's more advanced defenses she put up in order to protect herself.” Smart Pinkie remarked as she looked over the bridge next to Rarity.

“Which means we are getting closer to findin Pinkie's core.” Applejack said with a wide smile feeling herself filled with a sense of joy she hadn't felt since they entered the forest.

“Quite, but without our other counterparts it would disastrous if we were to find the core without all five of us there. I didn't want to worry anyone but I have a feeling that something is watching us.” Smart Pinkie said pointing a hoof up towards a tree which shown a pair of eyes hidden behind a bushel of branches.

It was then the pair of eyes narrowed and jumped from behind the bushes revealing a creature whose body had a chicken's head but the body of a snake.

“A-A Cockatrice!!!” Scared pinkie nearly screamed and slammed both hooves over her eyes.

“Don't look into it's eyes!” Smart Pinkie exclaimed looking away with her eyes closed.

“Rawr!” A voice exclaimed suddenly which everypony recognized and moments later a pink filly with an army style bandanna swung from the tree branches above them and tackled the cockatrice and began to beat the living snot out of it before the creature slithered from under her and ran off bawking in fear. “Who else wants of the pink?!” The pink filly exclaimed with a fierce expression on her face.

Applejack was the first to hesitantly open her eyes and went slack-jawed at the sight of this version of Pinkie Pie. Not only was she wearing a army style bandana but she looked well built very similar to Big Macintosh only she was still a small filly.

“I say, did you even bother to consider the cockatrice's ability to petrify anypony who looked into it's eyes?” Smart Pinkie said in a annoyed tone at this version of Pinkie Pie.

“Why would I need to do that? Nothing here can stand up to the pink!” The well built filly exclaimed with a cocky smile.

“This must be the part of Pinkie Pie who represents the brave part of her. But she lacks any common tactical sense. Why that was simply crazy, tackling a cockatrice like that. You could have been turned to stone!” Rarity exclaimed in a worried tone.

“Ha! I wasn't worried! I the biggest, baddest, pony in all of Equestria!” the pink filly exclaimed with a cocky smile.

“Not to mentioned egotistic...” Applejack remarked under breath in an annoyed tone until the pink filly tackled her.

“What did you call me? You might buck apples for a living but you can't take on the pink and you know it!” The pink filly exclaimed in a fierce tone till Applejack shoved her off on impulse sending the pink filly into a backwards roll into a tree. “Oh you wanna try and take on the pink?! Come on! Put your hooves up!” The filly exclaimed standing on her hind hooves making a few swift hoof punching motions as she seemed to be making small hops back and forth.

“This version of us clearly lacks any ability what-so-ever to make a reasonable judgment on their foe and jumps head first into a fight without consideration for her own weaknesses.” Smart Pinkie remarked looking at this version of pinkie who gave her a quick glare.

“So, this one is brave pinkie?” Rarity said in a suggesting tone to which Applejack nodded.

“Ah reckon that's a might kinder than what ah'd call her.” Applejack replied sourly.

“What's that supposed to mean?!” Brave Pinkie exclaimed looking back at Applejack now.

“Now,Now, please calm yourself darling. We only want to help.” Rarity said in a kind tone with a smile as she looked at the pink filly.

Brave pinkie gave one last look at Applejack before letting out a huffy sigh. “Ah, a wimp like her ain't worth beating the horsefeathers out of anyways!” Brave Pinkie said which caused the farm pony to give her a glare.

“Why you snot nosed, little-Applejack!” Rarity exclaimed cutting off the farm pony before she could finish her sentence. “Sorreh bout that Rarity. But this version of Pinkie can get on a pony's nerves a might fast.” Applejack said with a frown before flashing one last glare at brave pinkie.

“Applejack, if I may as bold as to state, you have wings here. Shy not fly us over the rickety bridge one at a time?” Smart Pinkie remarked as she adjusted her glasses.

Applejack blinked twice before facehoofing at this statement. “I plum forgot ah had wings here!” Applejack exclaimed with a sheepish giggle before taking off from the ground and lifting Rarity up whom was carrying both scared and prankster pinkie, then flew back to pick up brave and smart pinkie and landing just on the other side.

“Well now that we have that cleared up-I say! Is that....?” Smart Pinkie began to say before a shrill cry of pain came from within the ruins that lay before them that could be none other than another filly version of Pinkie Pie at which point all six of them rushed in to see a horrifying sight.

A creature whose body sported that of a dragon except for the head which was that of a pony with two crooked horns on it's head stood holding a small pink filly up by the throat against the ruin's walls.“I won't ask again...where is your core?!” The creature exclaimed.

“What's the point? You'll find it eventually...you know you can't kill me. So we could sit here like this for ages and nothing would change..” The pink filly replied in a depressed tone.

The creature growled fiercely before chucking the filly to the ground who gave a shrill cry of pain as she bounced off the ground once and landed on it. “I should have known better than to ask the part of her which was completely emo...” The creature remarked in an annoyed tone before it turned around and looked at the other five at which point it's eyes widened in shock before a wicked grin appeared on it's face.

“It-it-'it's the demon!” Scared pinkie exclaimed as she hid behind Rarity with her whole body shaking in terror.

The demon began to take a step forward until a lighting bolt struck in front of it making it st[p from where it stood. “Not another step you foul beast!” Rarity exclaimed with a fierce expression on her face now. “Applejack please go scoop up that version of Pinkie Pie if you would.” Rarity said at which point Applejack took off from the ground, quickly picked up the bruised and beaten sad pinkie and landed next to the other five.

The demon growled fiercely looking at them for a few moments before a wicked smile appeared on it's face. Confused Rarity and Applejack looked in the direction of the demons gaze and realized why it had begun smiling.

No sooner all five parts of pinkie where within close proximity of each other a bright light appeared above them at which point a snow while filly with a blue mane appeared and floated gently down in the middle of them sleeping soundly.

“The core...” The demon said with a grin and dashed forward as fast as it could only to stop as Rarity shot forth another lightning bolt from her horn in front of it.

“Applejack, get the six pinkies out of here now!” Rarity exclaimed as she shot bolt after bolt at the demon slowing it's progress but it was still making it's way towards them very quickly now.

Applejack was just about to do so when the enter scene around them began to fade away and moments later they were all sitting within the same familiar void they had been in earlier however Twilight and the others could now be seen not far from them battling it out with the shadows still. “What the hay happened to this here illusion of Pinkie's?!” Applejack asked in a panicked tone.

“It's because all six of us are in one place. This illusion was built to separate our parts so the demon could not find our core. But once we were gathered together it must have thought it was no longer needed. I must say..this is very bad.” smart pinkie remarked with a nervous expression.

“So why don't y'all put yourself together so we can get the hay outta here!” Applejack exclaimed as Rarity dodged a strike from the demon and countered with a icy beam of magic.

“It's not that simple! When the demon split us apart it made sure that we couldn't become one again until our core appeared and awoke, but as you can see she still asleep! The demon put her to sleep in order to prevent us from becoming one again so she erected this illusion as a last defense against it!” smart pinkie exclaimed in annoyance.

“So let meh get this strait. The demon separated y'all into parts, put your core to sleep but couldn't find it before y'all created that illusion to separate y'all?” Applejack said trying to make sense of this.

“Exactly! We can't become one again till she wakes up.” smart pinkie replied as Rarity was struck hard and sent flying a few feet away and got back to her hooves but with a slight stumble.

----------------------------------------

“Oh dear...” Luna remarked as she noticed Rarity's fur color was now beginning to fade as well along with the other four and Applejack's fur coat had only just begun to fade as she looked on now. “This does not look good...” Luna said aloud as she stood to her hooves with the blade floating just before her biting her lower lip. “All five are losing the battle now...” Luna remarked and looked to her sister's statue. “It has only been a day since I may my vow sister but...” Luna said trailing off.


I'm afraid I can wait no longer...


forgive me sister...

---------------------------------------

“Horseapples! This consarned demon packs a punch!” Applejack exclaimed as she recovered from being struck hard mid-air and sent into a skidding halt into the ground.

“Come on! Wake up!” scared Pinkie exclaimed as she shook the snow white filly.

“Come on girls! We can do this!” Twilight exclaimed having noticed Rarity and applejack locked in battle with the demon as they were now all five fighting against it and it's army of shadows.

Fluttershy gave a horrified pained cry as one of the shadowy figures began to take a make shift blade and began to shop at her stump. “G-Get away!” Fluttershy shrieked as she erupted one shadow away only for the others to summon similar ones and begin to hack at her.

“Hang on Flut!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she dive bombed on the horse of shadows surrounding Pinkie Pie and hit ground on purpose at which point a sonic rainboom erupted from the ground obliterating all the shadows around her.

Fluttershy's form however reverted back to that of Pegasus as she lay on the ground bleeding from her side. “Oh crap! Hold on Fluttershy! Don't you die on us!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she looked at the shaking yellow Pegasus.


“R-R-Rainbow....I’m so scared....I-I- don't want to die...” Fluttershy said in a weak shaking voice that cracked as she spoke.

“You won't! Stay with me!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she bucked shadow after shadow to keep them away from her but soon found herself overwhelmed. “Damn it....wake up Pinkie...we need you.” Rainbow Dash thought to herself as she did her best to protect Fluttershy becoming worse for ware with each strike she failed to counter or dodge.

“Pinkie Pie...please wake up....I-I-I'm so scared...” Fluttershy said in a weak voice as her vision began to blur and consciousness began to falter.

“Pinkie Pie..i know you can do it...wake up!” Twilight exclaimed just before she walked dog piled by a horde of shadows only to erupt them off in a burst of magic however she was nearing her limit and she knew it despite her Alicorn powers she had she knew it wouldn't be long before she like Fluttershy lay on the ground in their original form weak and defenseless.

“Darling...please...we simply can't defeat this demon without you...wake up...please.” Rarity thought to herself as she gave a glance at the snow white filly who still lay asleep as she barely dodged a claw from the demon.

“Consarn it, quite takin a cotton picken nap and wake up ya silly filly! We can't beat the tar out of this here demon without ya!” Applejack exclaimed as she gave a mighty buck at the demon only for it to grab her hooves mid-air, swing her in circles very quickly before letting go and throwing her a great distance away, digging up dirt on the ground before her wings disappeared and she lay on the ground weak and defenseless while shadows began to barrel down on her. “Pinkie....” Applejack thought to herself as she watched the shadows grow closer to her by the second.

Twilight by now had finally reached the point where she was unable to fight any longer as well as she was struck hard by a shadow reverting back to her form as a unicorn mid-air before hitting the ground with a pained cry. “Pinkie...” Twilight trailed off in a weak voice.

“Pinkie...” Rainbow Dash said trailing off as well as she was struck hard in the gut causing her to fall to her knees as her wings disappeared as well.

“Pinkie...” Fluttershy said now as well trailing off as well as she was barely clinging onto consciousness now.

It was at the point and time Rarity was unable to dodge yet another strike from the demon and was sent flying a few feet away bleeding from her side now. “Pinkie...”


We need you!


---------------------------


“Please forgive me sister for what I am about to do but I can wait no longer...” Luna said in a sad tone as she raised the blade above Pinkie's head and was just about to strike the pink mare down when her body began to radiate a bright pink light causing the moon princess to gasp.

“Where did this sudden surge of power come from? How is this possible?” Luna remarked in a shocked tone as Pinkie Pie's body continued to glow brightly and her fur color soon returned to it's natural cotton candy pink color.

--------------------------------------

The snow white filly's eyes snapped open and a pure white light erupted from where she lay consuming all five Pinkies causing the demon and the shadows to stop what they were doing and stare. In the next moment the light flashed brightly ejecting a wave of light which destroyed every single shadow in the area and all five mares found that their wounds had been miraculously healed while at the source of this explosion of holy light stood a pink mare smilingly broadly but had a fierce look about her all the same.

“Hey! Meanie pants! Get away from my friends!” Pinkie pie exclaimed and lunged at the demon before it could react with such speed and velocity it couldn't counter even if it wanted to as she reared up and bucked it hard sending it flying several feet back.

The demon recovered mid-air however landing on it's foot and knee with a slight skid before coming to a halt. “How could you wake up? The spell I put on you should have lasted for an eternity!” The demon exclaimed as it gave a shocked yet confused stare at Pinkie Pie who was once again complete and whole.

It was at this point and time Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash stood beside her. “Don't underestimate the power of friendship!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with a proud smile as she looked to her friends.

“We aren't just friends Pinkie...” Twilight said trailing off with a nod to the others who caught on quickly as well as the pink mare.
We're family!

The six shouted in unison at which point they all began to float up into the air as each of their individual elements appeared on their necks as well as Twilight's Tiara and after a few moments they all began to glow brightly and shot forth a rainbow colored beam of magic at the demon who could only cry out in horror as the beam hit them effectively evaporating it from existence.

Moments later the light began to shine even brighter until...

------------------------------------


“Ohh....my head.” Rainbow Dash said as her eyes fluttered open to see herself in an familiar room.

“Did we save her?” Twilight asked as the others began to come too as well.

“You sure as heck did! And wowie! That was fun! Lets do that again some time, well except for the everypony pony almost dying part and the scary demon thing...and the-PINKIE PIE!” Rainbow Dash shouted in an aggravated tone cutting off the pink mare mid ramble leaving the five in an awkward silence for a few moments until the six broke into spontaneous laughter.

“You six truly are amazing. Just when I thought you were going to lose you pulled through. I now see why my sister has so much faith in you six...” Luna said and bowed to the six much to their shock. “Can you ever forgive a foalish mare for lacking faith in you all?” Luna said in a ashamed tone not looking up until Twilight walked up to her and slapped her much to everypony's shock.

“Twilight! What in tarnation are you thinking?! You just slapped royalty!” Applejack exclaimed in a horrified tone as Luna held a hoof to her cheek in shock for a few moments then laughed as she looked at the smirk on the purple unicorn's face.

“I suppose I deserved that, but might I ask what for?” Luna asked still rubbing her cheek.

“That's for thinking you had anything to be sorry for. So, we back to normal now?” Twilight replied still smirking.

“Yes, I would say so. You truly are a very interesting group.” Luna replied as she was able to finally stop rubbing her stinging cheek.

------------------------------


Many hours later after all six filled the moon princess in on what happened inside of Pinkie Pie's soul they all decided that it would be a good idea for them to get something to eat so Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie went to the kitchen to fix some food for them all while the other four stood in the room looking at Celestia's statue.

“Is there anyway you can cure her?” Twilight asked in a hopeful tone as Luna looked at her sister's statue.

“If only there was. Sadly this magic is far beyond even my skills. Celestia could possibly know a way but with her like this we would have no way of finding out what the cure might be.” Luna replied with a frown.

Twilight then turned her gaze to Applejack and Rarity who were chatting up a storm over their adventure inside Pinkie Pie then looked over to see Rainbow Dash sitting on the ground, legs folded under her as she looked at her sides which no longer sported her wings.

“We'll get them back.” Twilight said in a comforting tone causing the cyan blue mare to snap out of her gaze and look at Twilight.

“I know...it's just that while we were inside of Pinkie...i was so happy to have my wings back. Now that I’m without them again it's like i'm missing apart of my soul. You know what I mean?” Rainbow Dash replied in a sad tone.

“Yes I do. I know I’d feel the same way if Discord took my horn.” Twilight replied as she sta down next to the cyan blue mare.

“I was so stupid! I should have known Discord wouldn't play fair in that race against Scoots. But dummy me had to jump head first in. I never thought my competitive side would be my undoing.” Rainbow Dash replied followed by a heavy sigh lowering her head in shame until Twilight put a hoof on her cheek which caused her to look up at her.


“You were only doing it to try and save Scootaloo. And I think it was a very noble thing you did. I don't know of any Pegasus alive who would bet something as precious as their wings for anypony. That if anything says how much you care for her.” Twilight replied with a comforting smile in a soft tone.

“Thanks Twilight...that means a lot coming from you.” Rainbow Dash replied smiling now herself.

“I didn't mean to be ease-dropping but you said you wagered your wings against Discord am I correct?” Luna said causing both mares to look up at the moon princess and nod. “And he cheated, correct?” Luna said which was met with nodding again at which point a wide smirk appeared on the moon princess's face much to both mare's confusion.

“Care to let us in on the joke?” Rainbow Dash said in a annoyed tone wondering if Luna wasn't about to start making fun of her for being stupid to bet her wings now.

“Oh, it's not joke. Just that when you wagered your wings against discord you and him made a unwritten magical contract. So you see, Discord can't keep your wings because he broke his part of the contract.” Luna said which had not only made Twilight and Rainbow Dash gasp but Rarity and Applejack who were now looking at her now as well.

“But if that's the case, then why don't I have my wings back yet?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“Discord must have tried to alter it during the race but if he did then there in itself lies the loop hole. Let me see if I can conjure it up. If you will allow me to magically scan you that is.” Luna replied at which point the cyan blue mare stood up and nodded.

“But if it's unwritten how can you make it appear?” Twilight asked as Luna's horn sent forth a magical beam of light which cloaked over Rainbow Dash's body and stayed in place.

“Everypony's body in Equestria has it's own little as I like to call it, Library of information stored in it's soul. The trick is just scanning through the documents until I find the one that matches the criteria.” Luna replied simply as she continued to scan the cyan blue mare.

“That's sounds very time consuming.” Twilight remarked dismally.

“It can be...unless you know exactly what your looking for and narrow down the search to only those that show similar criteria to the one you're looking for...ah there is it!” Luna exclaimed as her eyes lit up with a triumphant smile. “This might twinge a bit Rainbow.” Luna said in a cautioning tone and began to focus her magic even more so at which point the cyan blue mare gave a slight yelp before a wisp of blue smoke could be seen floating out of her body swirling in place until a cyan blue paper popped into existence where the smoke once had been and began to read over the content so of it at once.

A few tense moments passed until Rainbow Dash took a timid step forward. “What does it say?” She asked nervously.

“Hmm...according to this there was a third party involved who inserted a clause stating that Discord could not interfere in the race at the last minuet but it doesn't say who.” Luna replied in a thoughtful tone.

“Scootaloo. She told him not to cheat just before we took off from the starting cloud and Discord agreed to it but not very willingly.” Rainbow Dash replied in a matter of fact tone.

“Oh dear.” Luna replied which both mares knew whenever the moon princess said this it could only mean bad news. “If that's the case then only Scootaloo can break the contract. But she has to state that the contract is invalid outright or it won't do any good.” Luna replied with a frown before using her magic to turn the contract back into a blue cloud of smoke which floating back into Rainbow Dash a few moments later.

“Fat chance of that happening.” Rainbow Dash remarked sourly with an eye roll.

“Maybe not...” Twilight said aloud putting a hoof on her chin looking deep in thought.

“You have a plan?” Luna asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Nope!” Twilight replied enthusiastic in a tone which was met with facehoofs from the moon princess and cyan blue mare. “But I do know how to get Rainbow Dash's wings back!” Twilight exclaimed with a cheesy grin and began to explain how hey were going to go about it..