• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 994 Views, 11 Comments

The Alicorn Complex - Count Weirdly



The tale of a man who dared to dream a dream, who dared to become what no man, no STALLION has ever become before!

  • ...
2
 11
 994

Prologue - Of Bedtime Tales and Legends of Old

"Alright, little ones, sleep tight," the elderly mare whispered as she quietly stepped toward the bedroom door.

"Wait, Nana!" called one of the fillies.

She turned back to the nightlight-lit room, her eyes resting on a six-year-old filly in the bed in the back corner of the room.

The four children were staying with Alice for the week while their parents were away. She didn't mind in the slightest, they were quite well-behaved and she could always use the company.

This was the youngest of the children. Her ten-year-old sister and nine-year-old twin brothers were also still awake, sitting up in their separate beds, waiting anxiously for something.

"What is it, Chloe?" Alice asked with a smile and a voice tired from age, and yet still full of life.

"Mama always tells us a bedtime story before bed. Could you tell us a story, Nana?" It wouldn't take decades of wisdom for Alice to see that if she didn't tell a story, there would be no sleep tonight.

"Hmm..." Alice contemplated, touching her hoof to her chin in thought. "I don't have many good stories to-" She suddenly had a thought. A warm story that she could tell a bit of each night over the next week. It'd been a long time since she had told anypony this story anyway, and it would be good to stoke the flames of her memories. "Ah, I have a good story to tell you. It's a very old story, one that my mother told me when I was just about your age. Oh, it's been a long time, let's see if I remember..."

She pulled a rocking chair from the side of the room to the center, so that all of the little ponies could see her. They all crawled to the edges of their beds, eager to hear their grandmother's story.

"It all started a long, long time ago. Before I was even a twinkle in my mother's eye..."

Author's Note:

This story is NOT going to be as serious as this prologue makes it sound. In fact, it's going to be completely opposite for the most part.

Avert your eyes now if you don't like Human turned Pony in Equestria stories. It's not too late.