• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 2,522 Views, 40 Comments

Derpy and Dinky at the Gala - DerpyHooves123



When the Mane 6 and Spike get 9 tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala, they must pick who should go with them. When everypony in Ponyville som

  • ...
6
 40
 2,522

Who Should We Take To The Gala?

In the library, the Mane 6 were talking about the Grand Galloping Gala last year. "Ooh, and remember when I was freaking out because all the animals were running away from me! That was really funny." Fluttershy said ever so quietly at the same time a little loud for ...and a little sarcastically...no duh...
"Wow, the day of the Gala was the best night ever! I can't wait until the next one!" Twilight exclaimed.
"I don't know, Twilight, all I did last time was eat donuts." Spike said to the pony. Spike's cheeks then puffed up and he burped out a letter.
"Oh, a letter from the Princess! I hope it's about the Gala. That would be like so awesome!" Rainbow Dash said in joy.
Spike picked up the letter and cleared his throat before starting to read it aloud.

Dear my faithful student, Twilight,

You and 8 guests have been invited to the Grand Galloping Gala this year. You may choose anypony as a guest and you are allowed to send back tickets if you have any extra. I would thank you to use all 8 tickets, the more the marrier! It will be held tomorrow at 8:00 P.M. EST (Equestria Standard Time) See you there!

From,

Princess Celestia

9 tickets fell out of the letter. "Wow, 9 tickets, last time we only got 7. Ah' wonder if anypony else would like to come with us to the Gala." Applejack said in her cowgirl accent.
"Are you kidding, it's the Grand Galloping Gala! The biggest party in all of Canterlot!" Pinkie exclaimed to Applejack.
"Yeah, the glamour and sophistication, I always dream of living there! But I could never abandon my friends for Canterlot." Rarity continues with the subject. Pinkie looked at Rarity.
"Thank you Rare, how loyal of you!" Pinkie said.
"Hay! I thought I was the Element of Loyalty!" Rainbow yelled in a kind of sarcastic way.
They all chuckled at Rainbow Dash's joke.
"Yeah, I think we should ask people in Ponyville if they want to go the Gala with us." Twilight said to everypony in the library.
"Ok." everypony said at the same time.
The ponies and Spike trotted around town to Roseluck.
"Hey Rose, wanna go to the Grand Galloping Gala with us?" Pinkie asked Roseluck.
"I'd love too, Pinkie, but the Flower Show is on that day. I can't miss that, even for the Gala! But we'll see next year."
"Okay!" Pinkie said as the ponies (and Spike) trotted toward Caramel nearby.
"Howdy-do Caramel, would ya' like to go to the Gala with us?" Applejack asked Caramel.
Caramel looked nervous and said "ummmm...No? I have ummmm...plans! Yeah, that's what I have"
The ponies (and Spike) moved back while Pinkie said "Okie Dokie Lokie..." (So this happened except with Caramel instead of Applejack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM8nX2LfiAk)
They approached Cranky Doodle Donkey "Howdy duty, Cranky Doodle?" Pinkie asked.
"Good. I've been spending peace and quiet with Matilda for so long, I've decided to take a trot around town with her."
"That's great, Doodle!"
"Nopony calls me Doodle but Matilda!"
"Sorry Cranky, but Cranky sounds worse than Doodle. In fact, Doodle sounds even better than Pinkie Pie, but that would be an opinion. Ohhhh, have you had a chimmy cherry cho-"
"Woah, slow down, Pinkie" Applejack interrupted. She turned to Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda.
"How'ed y'all like to go to the Grand Galloping Gala with us?"
"Well, we'd love to, but at the same time we don't, right Doodle?" Matilda answered Applejack.
"Ummmmmmm... yeah, I guess...."
"Ummm...ok y'all, no problem..." Applejack said confused.
They all went on to the next pony...and to the next....and to the next.....and to the next....But they all were busy!
"How can everypony in Ponyville be busy to go to the awesomeness of the Grand Galloping Gala?" Rainbow exclaimed.
"I don't know, last year, everypony in Ponyville chased me for my extra Gala ticket." Twilight replies to the rainbow pony.
As they were trotting around town they saw a house, not just any house, a house made of....muffins?
"What's this house? I don't remember this house. Not at a-" Twilight was interrupted by Rainbow Dash.
"Quick, let's get out of here!"
"What is it?" Twilight asked.
"That's not just an ordinary pony's house, that's Der-"
The ponies were interrupted by a gray, cross-eyed pegasus.
"HI THERE!" The pegasus said scaring them. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and said
"Hay Derpy."
Pinkie shot up. "Hay, Derpy. would YOU like to go to the Gala with u-" Rainbow Dash put her hoof in Pinkie's mouth.
"The Gala!?!?! YES!?!?!?! Uhhh....what's the Gala?" Derpy asked.
Pinkie shot up again. "You don't know what the Gala is? It's the most amazing, one of the most tremendous pretty much a-" once again, Rainbow stuck a hoof in Pinkie's mouth.
Then Rainbow whispered "Do you know who you're inviting!?!?! That's Derpy Hooves, one of the most-" Pinkie pushed Rainbow off her as nicely as she can.
"So Derpy, what do you say?"
Derpy looked at the pink pony with her crossed eyes. Kind of.
"Of course!" She exclaimed. She trotted to house and accidentally crashed into the wall. "Oops, my bad!" She trotted into the house and went into Dinky's room.
Outside, Rainbow started yelling at Pinkie "REALLY PINKIE?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!"
Pinkie looked at the rainbow pony confused.
"What do mean Dashie? She can't be that bad..."
"Remember what she did to town hall, or what she did during Winter Wrap-U-"
Derpy and Dinky trotted out of the house.
Dinky's eyes were lit up like a lighter.
"WHEN'S THE PARTY?!?!?! Will there be muffins? I need to know!"
"Muffins? Why not cupcakes?" Pinkie asked Dinky.
"Cupcakes? What's a cupcake?" Derpy AND Dinky asked Pinkie at the same time.
Pinkie's eyes derped around and stopped after a minute, she then gasped like she did in episode 1.
"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CUPCAKES A-"
Applejack pulled on Pinkie's tail "Slow down y'all!"
"Ah' think we outta prepare our dresses for the Gala."
Now, Derpy was the one who started perking up....not in a good way...
"But...I don't have a dress for the Gala..."