• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 7,519 Views, 357 Comments

The Second Year; Gravidity - TwilightsmyMare



When your married to the most beautiful mare in Ponyville and have adoped the cuteist filly around things can't get better right? What? A foal? Wow... Taking place within season three this is Twilight, Scootaloo and I's continuing story

  • ...
38
 357
 7,519

Chapter 8 (Slave to a mare)

Dammit Trixie! Too soon, I rushed towards the train station looking all over for her the most direct path from the station to Fluttershy’s cottage was my best option. Thankfully Lyra had moved fast and I located her only a few blocks away from the station. I hurried to catch up to her calling out.

"Trixie!"

She spun to stare at me with sad eyes. "I... I just need to see her... Explain..."

"It's too soon Trixie... She's not ready to see you, don't break her heart again."

"I have to see her!"

I gently steered her down a nearby alley before we drew too much attention. "I can understand that, really I can. But she's still devastated just now slowly, so slowly coming out of her depression..."

"I don't... I can't... I've got to tell her!"

"That you love her? I'm sure she knows, even with... And I'm sure she still loves you too but... Betrayal can't be so easily forgotten..."

"So she told you..."

"I went to comfort her, see what was bothering her when she got back from... Well she needed someone to confide in..."

"She told you everything?"

"I don't know about everything but certainly enough... Trixie... You messed up badly... Don't make it worse."

"I need to tell her it meant nothing! It was... I was just..."

"But you still did it..."

"I... I never thought she'd... I just didn't think... I've got to see her!"

She tried to push past me but despite her magical skill she wasn't a very big mare and I held her back easily.

"Trixie..."

"Let... Me... Go...!"

"I know it's hard Trixie, love and logic don't walk hand in hand often but I know you don't want to hurt her anymore..."

"I... I can make you let me go!"

"I'm sure you could, your magical skill is still much greater then mine. But your not looking for trouble, there’s no need to get angry. You could have passed right by town teleporting right to Fluttershy’s cottage from the train... You wanted to be stopped; someone to talk some sense into you didn't you?"

She sucked in a big lungful of air still trying to look intimidating before her facade cracked and she released it collapsing letting me hold her.

"I didn't mean for this to happen... I... I just got so caught up in... Everything! That’s no excuse I know... And now I've lost the best thing I've ever had haven't I...?"

I sighed stroking her mane comfortingly. "I don't know... Maybe she can forgive you someday, maybe not. I don't know her heart."

"What if it happened to you?"

"I... I don't know. If Twi cheated on me? I'd be devastated but I love her, need her so much I'd probably take her back time and again... If I was the one who cheated...? I don't know if she could forgive me, I know I wouldn't be able to forgive myself..."

"What can I do?"

"I'm not sure... How about a letter? No excuses just tell her... everything, everything your feeling, everything you feel for her. Let it all out, I can't say that would fix everything but it would make you feel better I think and I think it would help her too..."

"Okay... Thank you Rick, for talking to me and... Oh no..."

Her eyes had gone wide staring at something behind me, Fluttershy maybe? I turned around but didn't see her, nothing out of the ordinary at all just ponies going about their business...

"What is it Trixie?"

"No, no, no... She can't be here... This is bad..."

She got up leading me back into town following something until we reached town hall and a small but ever growing crowd of ponies around a Unicorn mare standing on the steps. She had a light yellow and dark red mane and tail and a light orange coat she was wearing a necklace dark grey and back with what looked to be a ruby in the middle but I couldn't get a very good look at it, she sneered out over those gathered.

"Where is the one called Twilight Sparkle?!" She demanded her voice amplified by magic.

"We've got to get Twilight out of here...!"

"What’s going on Trixie?"

"Well... I really never thought this would happen believe me!" She sighed. "When I ran away from here after my first defeat... Well humiliation at my own hooves really I sought out others who were like minded, bitter and angry at others, at the society that we felt had tossed us aside... I did find some but ponies like that... Like I was, well those kinds of personalities can't co-exist. Eventually it was just me and my student, I knew some tricks and spells and so did she. She told me how she'd been cast aside by her former teacher... I didn't find out until later her teacher had been Princess Celestia! We travelled together for some time but her anger and bitterness ran even deeper then mine and eventually when she had learned all she could from me she too tossed me aside and left... I... I'm sorry, I may have filled her head with tales of Princess Celestia’s new student and how successful she was..."

If you wanted revenge against a being as powerful as Princess Celestia... You'd have to strike at those she loved the most... "Dammit Trixie... Your right we need to keep her away... But still I can't imagine she would be a match for Twi..."

"Don't be too sure; in a magic duel it only takes a small slip..."

"Who's making all this noise?! What are you doing to those ponies? Put them down at once!"

Damn... Trixie and I pushed our way through the crowd to where they were parting for Twi.

"Rick! Trixie?! What’s going on?"

The yellow and red maned pony had been amusing herself levitating and spinning several ponies around but at Twilights call she let them drop stepping forward.

"So the mighty Twilight Sparkle... Princess Celestia’s..." She practically spat out Celestias name. "...Prized student, the so called element of magic. Hah!"

She stopped a moment noticing Trixie and I, her teal eyes focusing on me a moment unsure of what I was before moving on apparently deciding I wasn't worth her time and focused on Trixie.

"Well, well... If it isn't the 'Great and powerful' Trixie." She sneered. "Slumming with your mortal enemy?"

"Sunset... It's been awhile, what are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to do what you couldn't, defeat Twilight Sparkle and claim my place as the most powerful Unicorn that ever lived!"

"What happened to you? You were mad about the Princess but…”

"Don't you dare mention her name! Never you mind former teacher, you’re too weak to understand."

"You might be surprised student; I've learned a few things..."

"Oh really? Perhaps we should test your new skills...?"

"What’s going on here? Trixie, who is this?"

The two of them had gotten so focused on each other they had apparently forgotten about Twilight.

"T... Twilight, this is Sunset Shimmer a former student of mine... And of Princess Celestia... Sorry."

"What?!"

She grimaced at Celestias name but focused on Twilight. "Yes that’s right Twilight Sparkle; I was her prized student before you. She taught me a lot but she felt I was too impatient, too reckless with my magic! She cast me out! Made me leave all I ever knew! But now I'm back and I'll prove to her and everyone that I'm the strongest! I challenge you Twilight Sparkle to a magic duel!"

"No."

The look on Sunsets face was priceless. "What?! I've challenged you, you have to!"

"Of course I don't, why waste my time in a pointless contest? I don't care if you think you’re the strongest and I can assure you the Princess doesn't. Do you think yourself at her level? Don't be foolish."

Sunset’s horn flashed angrily throwing out a wave of energy tossing aside any pony unlucky enough to be standing too close.

"You will fight! Or I will tear this pathetic little town down around your hooves!" She accented her fury with a stomp of her forehoof and another blast of energy shaking town hall shattering windows and cracking the walls.

"Stop! This is crazy... Fine, fine I'll duel with you. Just don't hurt anyone."

Twi!

I can't let her destroy the town, or hurt anyone!

I know... Please be careful...

Love you.

Love you.

"Good, the rules are simple. The winner stays and the loser leaves forever! She can go cry to Celestia, that would be you by the way." Sunset laughed.

By this time there were plenty of ponies gathered around curious and concerned including our friends.

"There’s no way Twilight would agree to anything so unreasonable!" Rarity burst out angrily the others nodding in agreement.

"Oh really...?" Sunset grinned her horn lighting up again.

"Stop it! All of you, I said I would do this. But why would you even want Ponyville? You've never even been here before have you?"

"That doesn't matter, your happy here so I'll take it from you."

"We'll see..."

I could tell by Twi's determined look she wasn't going to back down and I didn't blame her, I don't know what made Sunset so confident but I know how strong my wife is and I had no qualms about helping her through our connection I would and fully intended to if needed.

Everyone backed off forming a large circle, Ponyville didn't have a police or guard force and even if we had this wasn't a situation they would be able to deal with. They started off simply feats of conjuring, levitation, spell and counterspell. Twi easily countered everything she threw at her but Sunsets little smile made me think that she was... Or though she was toying with her.

"I suppose that’s enough of a warm up, unless you want to quit now Twilight Sparkle...?"

"You don't scare me."

"We'll see about that." She laughed suddenly hurling a globe of fire at Twilight easily the size of a human head, better then I could manage on my best day. Thankfully Twi was ready with an equal sized globe of water extinguishing it.

Thought I wasn't paying attention while you were practicing it didn't you?

I'm glad you were! Don't enjoy yourself too much love.

I know it’s an experience I haven’t had before move and countermove, like chess but much more…

With far greater stakes I thought to myself as again they clashed spell and counter again and again Sunset usually the aggressor but my love got a few attacks in. Far more dangerous and stressful, I was on edge ready to jump in if I had to, my magic might not be anywhere near their level but if I could keep her from getting hurt... The effect of all this magic and stress on Starswirl hadn't escaped my mind either... I could only hope he or she was well protected within the womb.

Finally they stepped back from one another both breathing heavily a glimmer of respect in Sunsets eyes but Twi was sweating, I poured all the energy I could through our connection, I didn't think Sunset could detect it and really didn't care if she could. She didn't so much as twitch when I did so though I got a grateful look from Twi.

She's strong, how did she get so much power? I thought Trixie said they were near the same strength when they first met?

I don't know, are you ok?

I am, thanks to you. I think she's running out of tricks...

"Your better then I thought Sparkle, time to take it up another level."

"Another...?"

Sunset’s horn glowed pulling a pony out of the crowd, Caramel.

"Hey!"

"Relax Sparkle; this is just for a demonstration. No harm will come to him..." She slyly grinned her horn glowed enveloping Caramel in its radiance, as it faded we all gasped in shock at the wide eyed colt that stood in his place! His coloring was the same but without a cutiemark, again her magic surrounded him and as it faded we beheld an old stallion greying with trembling legs and cataract clouded eyes. Once more and he was returned to the stallion he was, he looked around wild-eyed and bolted through the crowd and away.

"Ageing and age regression spells... That’s... That’s not possible; those are from the highest levels of Unicorn magic!"

Sunset studied her hoof nonchalantly with a smile. "Quite... What’s the matter Sparkle? Realizing your in over your head?"

She swallowed and stepped forward. "I... I need a volunteer."

Are you sure about this?

I have to try!

"Ah'll be yer volunteer Twi." Applejack stepped forward her confidence in her friend reflected in her face.

"Thank you Applejack, here goes..."

I channelled what little I had left into her as her horn began to glow levitating Applejack off the ground surrounding her in its radiance as she nervously looked from herself to Twilight. It fully enveloped her and I could feel Twi straining, trying to form the spell into what she wanted. She was strong but this...

The radiance faded suddenly and Applejack collapsed to the ground followed by Twi.

"I... I couldn't... How...?"

"You can spend all the time you like pondering that, the rest of your days if you like... Away from my town!"

"Now hold on! You can't expect her to honour that deal! You stacked the deck!" Dash yelled interposing herself between Sunset and Twilight quickly followed by the rest of our friends as I helped Twi up.

"Oh? Are you implying it would be cruel to send her off on her own? Hmm..." She paused momentarily with a thoughtful look then grinned maliciously. "Good riddance former master and Twilight Sparkle!"

"We're not going anywhere!" Trixie defiantly proclaimed.

"Hah, you’re already gone." Sunset sneered stomping her forehoof on the ground as her horn lit up a field expanding out from her passing harmlessly through each of us until it reached Twilight and Trixie pushing them away with incredible speed.

Rick!

I didn't even have time to reply as she was swept away, I was momentarily torn between an all out attack on Sunset futile as it might be and running after Twilight. I chose the latter rushing to the edge of town Dash and Fluttershy ahead of me Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie keeping pace. Covering the entire town was a dome of see through force and on the other side Twilight and Trixie, they both looked unhurt thankfully.

I breathed a sigh of relief sinking down to my knees in front of her. "You’re ok..." She craned her head to the side reaching out to tap on the shield with her hoof but no sound came through.

I had no strength to teleport but I saw her and Trixies forms waver a second before returning to normal.

Twi?

Rick!

Thank goodness you’re ok!

We caught each other before we hit the ground.

Then I owe Trixie for that, what are we going to do?

I don't know... We can't teleport through...

The Princess's...

No. We can't run to them every time we have a problem...

But...

Princess Celestia has put her faith in me so many times... I need to fix this, to try...

We need to...

She smiled lightening my heart. We... All of us, Trixie and I will go to Zecora, she’s been places and knows things even the Princess's don't. I hope she can give us some advice...

I hope she can help; we'll try to keep things from getting too out of hand here...

Scootaloo! If she learns she’s our daughter she might...

I'll make sure she's safe... Magnum and Pearl I know they'll help.

Good... Tell her I love her, I love you. I don't want to be separated like this...

Same here.

I put my hand on one side of the shield and she her hoof on the other, we stayed that way a moment gazing at one another Trixie standing back from Twi trying not to stare at Fluttershy behind me. Finally we leaned in kissing either side of the shield.

I love you., I love you.

She and Trixie turned and began skirting around the shield towards the Everfree forest as I explained to everyone and we discussed what we could do. All in agreement everyone headed back to town Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie racing ahead to see what was happening and to advise townsfolk to avoid Sunset or if they couldn't to give her what she wanted. (If they could.)

Fluttershy walked alongside me quietly looking up at me occasionally.

"Are you ok Shy?"

"Why...? What was Trixie doing...?

"She came to see you of course..."

"But... Why...?"

"Because she still loves you, she made a mistake but she still wants you back."

"Oh..."

"You don't have to do anything, I... Talked to her and she agreed not to push you. She's going to write you a letter and maybe you can correspond like that a bit before deciding anything..."

"I guess..."

I sighed stopping to kneel down and hug her tightly. "I'm sorry Shy, she saved Twi so I have to forgive her, not that I wouldn't have given her a chance anyhow but you don't have to. If you don't want to see her that’s ok I'll do my best to keep her away... Well, once we resolve this problem..."

"Thanks... I... I want to forgive her I really do, but what if it happens again? What if it happened before? I don't know what to do..." She hugged me back then drew herself up taking a deep breath. "But for now we have other problems, thank you."

"Anytime Fluttershy."

Fluttershy went to make sure any animals caught in the dome were ok and she wanted to see if she could get back to her cottage even as well. Applejack wouldn't be able to get home unfortunately the same with other farmers in town to sell their produce; this dome was going to cause a lot of problems...

When I got back to town things were quiet most ponies locked in their homes wary of this new threat. Fortunately and unfortunately Rarity had found the girls I had hoped they were at the clubhouse and out of this mess altogether...

"I don't wanna hide Dad! I can fight!"

I hugged her tight with a smile. "I know you can Angel and I'm so proud of you. But we'll handle it your Mom and I just want you safe ok?"

She sighed snuggling against me a moment. "Ok... But what about you?"

"I don't know... But we'll find some way out of this, trust us."

"Ok!"

She Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom rushed off to Rarity’s parents house while I looked around town to try to find out what this Sunset Shimmer was up to, I tried to reassure any ponies I met advising them to simply avoid her or come to any of us if they needed help, and above all to not endanger themselves or their loved ones.

She was nowhere to be found I thought perhaps she might be at the Mayors office lording over her and her staff, I'd look there next but first I was still dead tired and weak from giving Twi all I had so I decided to head home and get a little to eat and rest a bit before searching more. I entered and moved towards the kitchen only to feel myself pulled off the floor and slammed none too gently into one of the bookshelves. My vision swum and before it cleared I found myself pinned against the bookshelf Sunset Shimmer in front of me smirking.

"This was Twilight Sparkles home, now its mine." She dropped me down turning her back to look around. "First you'll get rid of all these tacky books and then I'll see what I feel like doing to this place..."

"What...? I'm not going to..."

Again her telekinetic field grabbed me pulling me over to her forcing me to my knees. She smiled patting me on the side of the face with her forehoof. "You belonged to Twilight Sparkle as well, therefore you too are mine." Her telekinesis pulled the ring off my finger and she studied it a moment frowning as she read the inscription before dropping it over her own horn as I struggled pointlessly. "Perhaps if you’re good you'll get it back..." She pulled me to my feet looking me up and down as she released me. "I don't think I'll be using you for the same purposes as she did... But we'll see, for now get to work."

My anger was boiling over I very nearly leapt at her to strangle her with my bare hands but I restrained myself for a few reasons, for one I was still weak and she could likely throw me off with ease and secondly I could detect a faint magical aura perhaps even several it was likely she was warded maybe extensively and I had no idea what those might do. I had never felt so helpless in my life... Well, ironically perhaps once before when I was young and at my uncles farm and they put me on a horse for the first time. I didn't know how to steer her, make her understand what I wanted to do and she didn't understand either and went where she wanted to go after a few minutes I fell off landing in the mud. It was that kind of helplessness, I didn't know what to do my love and unborn child taken from me for how long I didn't know, forced to keep my daughter separate from me and a slave to a megalomaniacal mare... Wait... Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing... If she kept me close, maybe trusted me somewhat mayhap I could keep her from harming anyone... Or at the very least subtly steer her, clearly she had an ego and I was sure she'd respond well to flattery.

"Very well... How can I serve you...? Mistress Sunset." I added hoping I wasn't laying it on too thick.

She smiled widely clearly pleased. "I like that; you shall address me as such from now on. First some lunch, I'm hungry dominating your wife was slightly harder then I anticipated."

"How did you...?"

"Oh please, ponies talk. Frightened ponies talk a lot."

"Did they say anything else...?"

"Such as? Just that you and Twilight lived here and were married, quite amusing really."

Whew, at least whoever she talked to managed to keep from spilling everything. "Very well... Mistress Sunset."

"Good! Glad we understand one another."

So I made lunch for the two of us studying her across the table, she certainly didn't look evil she was an attractive pony but something about her mannerisms seemed... Off, of course I didn't know her personally so I couldn't judge her behaviour but from the ponies I knew even the more... Difficult ones it didn't seem right.

Afterwards under her 'supervision' I gathered up our hundreds and hundreds of books ferrying them downstairs, as big a pain in ass it was I was grateful at least that she didn't want me to burn them or anything crazy like that. The task made doubly difficult by they fact I had to carry them all, I didn't want to reveal my magic any element of surprise I had I might need. As annoying and back breaking it was as long as she was here 'supervising' me she wasn't out causing trouble and it gave time for Twilight to figure out... Something!

I brought the last load of books down then dragged myself back up collapsing into a chair as Sunset watched me from where she had been comfortably laying on the couch with a little smile. "Very good, now run my bath."

I glowered at her a moment then got up and ran a bath, I figured with a name like Sunset she would like it hot, she came in and put her forehoof in it.

"Too hot."

I ran a bit of cold to even it out.

"Not hot enough."

Back and forth until the tub was almost full and my patience was very thin.

"Good enough I suppose..." She sighed climbing in. "Pour some shampoo and get to work."

I grit my teeth and did as she asked lathering and rinsing her long mane then her neck, she still had her necklace on which was a bit odd I tried to wash under it but she glared at me suddenly.

"Leave it be." She growled.

"Sorry I was just..."

She turned her attention away from me and I got back to work washing her body steering clear of certain areas naturally then washing each leg and hoof finishing with her tail. She climbed out regally waiting for me to dry her then pressing a brush into my hand.

"One thousand strokes for my mane and tail."

It wasn't the first time I'd brushed a mane or tail, for Twilight and I it often led to... Amorous activities and thanks to Twilights shampoo this mare was smelling a lot like her, still not the same and I still had no feelings for her (other then anger). I just missed my wife, not even a day and I'm falling apart without her, I just emptied my mind as I brushed thinking of Twi.

It was quite late with all the book moving and brushing I made a simple dinner for the two of us then showed her to Twilight and I's bed. She laid back in it stretching out.

"Not too bad... It will do for now, be off with you until morning slave."

I jerked my head in what I hoped passed for a bow heading downstairs to the couch. Despite the situation and how annoyed and angry I was, exhaustion had a hold of me and it took only minutes to pass out...

I jerked awake suddenly I had heard something... But now all was quiet, looking at the clock I could see it was only one in the morning. I got up retrieving my blade from the closet and making my way stealthily up the stairs standing over Sunsets sleeping form, her wards were still in place but the magic’s bound into the blade might be strong enough to pierce them... What might happen to me aside I still didn't subscribe to killing your problems especially people or ponies... When you kill someone you take everything they are and everything they might become, you might stop any evil they might do but along the same line you prevent any redemption and the good they might do in the future... It was a trade off I guess but despite her arrogance and the danger she presented I couldn't do it, now if she had harmed Twi, Scootaloo my child or friends even... Well... I quietly put the blade in my dresser drawer turning to go back downstairs.

"A wise decision."

I jumped, I had been sure she was asleep! "Sunset..."

She smiled in the moonlight. "Please, when you’re as powerful as I am there’s always those who want to take what you have. I'm pleased you chose not to try I'd hate to see you burned to ash... Yet." She pulled back the sheet looking at me expectantly. "I find the night cold, warm me."

"I don't think I..."

"Warm me." Her tone left no doubt it was an order not a request. I slid in beside her and she turned her back pressing herself against me, I could feel her trembling slightly maybe she really was cold? I put my arms carefully around her as she pulled the sheet back over us. Her breathing slowed as did the slight tremble cutting off completely as she fell asleep. I sighed quietly having her in my arms smelling not quite like Twi but very nice none the less was... Difficult. A certain part of me was a traitor of course but I paid it no mind still exhausted I slipped off to sleep my mind filled with thoughts of Twi, Scootaloo and what might happen to Ponyville...

Again I was awoken but not by something I couldn't identify this time, a low moan as I opened my eyes and found Sunset face to face with me her eyes still tightly shut as she struggled against something in her sleep.

"No... Please... Let me go... Take it off..."

I noticed a light glow from under the sheet pulling it back to look under I found her amulet I could see it clearly now its eyes aglow pulsing lightly lighting it, a pair of wings raised above the main triangular body of it with a Unicorn head... No I guess an Alicorn head... Without really thinking I reached out grabbing it to take it off of her, the effect was immediate as I gripped it the eyes flashed much brighter and a pulse of power slammed me away from it off the bed into the wall. I blinked trying to shake off the impact glancing up I found Sunset looking down at me her face a mask of rage but her eyes sad .

"I told you never to touch it!" Her horn glowed and I noticed her teal eyes flashed red a moment before a irresistible invisible weight pinned me to the floor and slowly began to crush the air out of me as I helplessly struggled.

"Sorry..." I managed to gasp, a few moments more and I was sure I would pass out I was about to have to reveal my magic by trying to teleport out from under this force but suddenly her expression changed and the weight was gone.

"Very well... I suppose that’s enough punishment, this time... You just stay there for the rest of the night."

She turned away laying back down and I didn't have the strength or inclination to argue with her. As I passed out I couldn't help but wonder what the connection was...? What the hell is going on...?

I awoke the next morning to an incessant nudging and Sunset standing over me.

"Breakfast, now."

I struggled to my feet still sore and very stiff from an uncomfortable night on the floor and made my way downstairs with her following me, I made breakfast and ate still watching her warily.

She finished and turned making her way towards the door. "It's time to begin reshaping this town into something more befitting of me."

I quickly followed still determined to keep her in check as much as I could. "In what way...? Mistress Sunset."

"You'll see..."

As soon as we stepped outside her horn glowed summoning a small cart she jumped in the back of. "Let's go, around the outskirts of town first so I can get my bearings."

"Alright..." Apparently she enjoyed humiliating me, oh well better me then some innocent pony. I pulled her around the outside of town along the barrier shield hoping for a glimpse of Twi but she wasn't to be seen I hoped deep in plans with Trixie and Zecora, coming up with some way out of this predicament.

As we passed through town the streets were mostly empty everyone still being cautious which was good... She stopped me as we neared town square and the fountain there.

"I desire a statue of me to be built here, now! Arrange it."

A bit taken aback I managed to stammer. "Of... Of course Mistress Sunset, please rest here and I'll go see to it."

"Good."

I left her there heading to the Mayor first she would know who we would need to get Sunsets 'tasks' done as I was sure this wouldn't be the end of it. She was resistant but she understood how dangerous the situation was and promised to get a sculptor sent right away. Struck by sudden brilliance (I hoped)... I also asked her to send a painter who made portraits, if I could get her posing for the day or even several days... All the better to keep the people of Ponyville safe. On my way back to town square I was suddenly yanked into an ally.

"What in Tartarus do you think your doing Rick?!"

"Dash...! Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack...? Where’s Fluttershy?"

"She’s tendin to the critters stuck in town... Don't dodge the question, what'r you doin helpin that Sunset Shimmer?!"

"I'm not helping her Applejack; I'm trying to keep her contained as much as I can to keep Ponyville safe!"

"Uh huh, and how about last night? Who were ya keeping safe holding her in your arms?"

"Dash! How did you...?" I sighed leaning against the wall. "Do you really think so little of me? I was just trying to gain her confidence... Something’s not right, her amulet it’s..."

"It's called the Alicorn Amulet..." Rarity smiled at my shocked look. "What darling? We weren't at your home last night to spy on you... Well not only that, you and Twilight have the greatest collection of books and the most on magic in Ponyville. It was a bit of a shock to find them all in the basement but it did make our job easier stealth wise."

"We searched and searched! I thought I was going to have words imprinted on my eyeballs! But finally just before dawn Applejack found a book with some information on it!"

"Shucks Pinkie it coulda been any of us..."

"Well? What did it say?"

"Not much I'm afraid, we've read the whole book front to back but the information on the amulet is pretty bare. They call it a legendary artifact that grants immense magical power but its very existence is questionable!"

"Obviously not..."

"Your right about that sugar, we've got to get this information to Twilight somehow..."

"I've got an idea how we can do that but we'll need Fluttershy."

"That’s great Dash; don't tell me anything though I have no idea if she can cast a spell to read my mind or anything else. I'd better get back to her before she does something..." At their sceptical looks I sighed again. "Please, trust me this is the best I can do right now. I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to face her directly I'm just doing my best to make sure no one else suffers..."

Applejack smiled. "Ah know it; we're just givin you a hard time."

"Yeah if you messed around behind Twilights back she’s kick your rear so hard you wouldn't believe it!"

"There’s no doubt of your love for Twilight Rick, just be careful."

"Thanks for looking out for everyone." Pinkie hugged me tightly with a smile.

"Thanks girls, for trusting me... For everything, together we'll get through this."

They nodded in agreement and we all went our separate ways, I hoped they could get that information to Twilight and she could do something with it.

I got back to town square to find things... A little out of hand. The fountain had apparently been deconstructed and reformed in a solid block of stone water was spraying up from the fountains foundation, a few ponies were watching from alleys or peeking through curtains and two ponies a earth and a Unicorn stood aside looking unsure one had a box I imagined of tools and the other a canvas and likely a box of paints. I rushed up motioning them to stay and wait a moment as I approached Sunset who was lounging back on a bench with a large umbrella protecting her from the spray.

"Hmm...? Oh, what took you so long?"

"Sorry Mistress Sunset, the sculptor is here and I thought perhaps you might like a portrait as well so I arranged for a painter to come."

She thought about it a moment. "Yes... Every pony will want a picture of me on their wall..."

To throw darts at, I thought to myself.

"Perhaps you could redirect the water? So it doesn't interfere with the painting or sculpting... And we wouldn't want you to get wet as you pose of course."

"Very well..." Her horn glowed bending pipes sending the water cascading over towards a nearby park. She picked a nice spot summoning a couch to lounge on that looked suspiciously like Rarity’s drama couch she was going to be ticked! After a little convincing the painter and sculptor both got to work, I helped the sculptor assemble a framework around the block of stone so he could work on all levels. The painter didn't need any assistance so as they worked I had an opportunity to relax a bit.

The water raining down on the park enticed some fillies and colts out of their homes to play, I kept a watch on them and Sunset in case she got irritated but she seemed to ignore them letting the ponies do their job. Around noon she waved them off sending me to fetch lunch and drinks. When I returned she was up her horn glowing looking around suspiciously.

"What’s wrong?"

"Something is attacking my shield!" She summoned her cart and jumped in. "Go!" She pointed off in a direction and a pulled her in that direction, after a short while we reached the shield to find six beavers dragging a large log and slapping their tails against the shield.

"What do you think your doing?!"

They chittered at her, I had no idea what they were saying and it didn't look like she did either. Too bad Fluttershy wasn't here...

"It looks like their trying to get back to their dam; you don't want them in your town anyhow do you?"

"No... I suppose not, filthy creatures." Her horn glowed creating a temporary doorway that the beavers zipped through dragging their log and it closed behind them. "Back to lunch."

The rest of the day was spent watching the sculptor work, his task would take some time and frustrating the painter as Sunset rejected painting after painting setting those aside to 'gift' to the townsfolk. I stood by her side either shading her or fanning her bored out of my mind. By that evening she still had not found one she liked and the sculptor though not even half done was was getting nervous wondering if he was going to be making Sunset sculptures for years like the painter!

I hadn’t seen any of our friends so I could only hope they got Fluttershy out safely somehow, after dinner again she ordered me into bed to 'warm' her. Nothing sexual but it was strange, again in the middle of the night she awoke me with her nameless fear this time however I didn't touch the amulet just stroked her mane and neck carefully and comfortingly. It definitely reminded me of what happened to Shimmer but this couldn't be the Miasma... I hoped, something to do with this amulet...

The next morning I woke up before her making breakfast for when she awoke, she smiled pleased when she came down. "Very good, your learning."

I grimaced. "Thank you Mistress Sunset."

Most of the rest of the day was spent much the same as the last, later in the day the painter was tearing his mane out when Sunset sat up suddenly her horn aglow.

"Again?!" She summoned a much larger cart hopping in. "Let’s go!"

"What this time?"

"Someone’s damaging my shield! Go!"

We got to the shield and I couldn't help but smile there was Twilight... Oh Trixie and Zecora too, Twi had a stout necklace on with a green gemstone in front. Sunsets horn glowed and the shield shimmered slightly allowing them to talk through it.

"What's the matter, Twilight Sparkle? Not enjoying your exile?" She looked around disinterested. "I don't see your beloved Princess with you was she less then sympathetic? Poor little pony..." She cooed.

"I know about the Alicorn Amulet. I know you cheated!"

"Cheated? You dare?"

"Yes. That amulet isn't the only one out there, there are some even more powerful! I thought you might want to see what a real magical amulet looks like, Zecora gave this to me. It's from far beyond the Everfree Forest; its power far exceeds the Alicorn amulet."

"Don't fool yourself. Nothing's more powerful than the Alicorn Amulet! And no pony, Alicorn or not is more powerful then Tjernobog! I... I mean Sunset Shimmer...!" She shook her head swaying slightly.

"Oh...? Care to put your amulet where your mouth is? How about another duel? If you’re so confident..."

She recovered glowering at them. "Why should I? I already beat you, took your town, your home and your husband..." She sneered grabbing me telekinetically and turning me to plant a kiss on my lips I was unable to resist, she pulled away dropping me down.

"How dare you! I'm going to...!" Trixie and Zecora pulled her back a moment whispering in her ears calming her down. "Fine... I guess you'll never see how powerful true magic can be... Bitch. Come on, Zecora, Trixie..."

Sunset’s brow crinkled. "Wait!" With a flash the shield disappeared. "Very well, you’re on. A second duel, back to town so everyone can see your humiliating defeat again."

As we travelled storm clouds began to gather ominous thunder and the occasional flash of lightning I couldn't see any weather ponies up there so I imagined sunset must be making it happen.

I'm sorry love...

That... That, egotistical, insufferable... Bitch!

You have a plan right?

We do... Don't worry love.

How’s Starswirl?

Out of the corner of my eye I could see her smile. She's fine.

You mean he's fine... We had been going back and forth even though we could easily find out the foals sex we both had our guess's, her female intuition told her it was a girl so naturally I had to take the opposing view though to be honest it didn't matter to me one whit.

We reached town square Sunsets half finished statue showing the water for the fountain having been turned off yesterday, I could see ponies peeking out as we arranged ourselves.

"Let's start with a simple age spell, shall we? Oh and just so you know when you fail this time..." He voice got a bit deeper crackling with unknown power. "It will cost you your life."

"Now wait a..."

"Silence slave!"

"We'll see about that, why don't you start..."

"Fine..." Her magical aura enveloped me pulling be between her and Twilight, Trixie, Zecora and our friends who had arrived along with some of the townsfolk. Her power flowed into me and suddenly I found myself sitting on the ground tiny chubby fingers, arms and legs! I was a baby? But my mind still was my own before I could say anything or try to she channelled into me again and I found it difficult to stand, my back and legs ached and much like a moment ago I seemed to be missing my teeth but again my mind seemed unaffected thankfully, another flash and I was myself again. I quickly grabbed my clothes off the ground where they laid after my infant transformation covering myself and moving out of the way embarrassed.

"Foals play, let’s see what your little trinket can do Sparkle..."

"No problem... Um, Applejack, Rarity? Could you assist me, please?" They moved over to the side together as Twilight concentrated and with a poof of purple smoke that cleared in a moment there stood a filly Applejack her hat now too big for her and a young filly Rarity looking around in surprise.

"Almost impressive, however..."

Not letting her finish Twilight cast again and with another poof Rarity was even younger a tiny foal and Applejack was an elderly mare! How did she learn to use those spells so quickly...?

"How did you...?"

"Oh there more..." Twilight smiled slyly. Targeting Dash she zapped and with another poof from behind her popped another Rainbow Dash?! "Duplication spell, lets see what else... Ever seen one pony play ten instruments at one time?" With another poof Pinkie was prancing around as a one pony band though I had seen her do that before... Though I knew Sunset had not...

"How about changing a mare into a stallion?" She levelled her horn at Applejack who blanched trying to get away but in yet another poof suddenly there stood before us a husky stallion abashedly covering himself. "E... Eeyup..." Eeyup...? Big Mac? I began to put a few pieces together. With a final poof Applejack was returned to normal.

"That’s not possible! How can your amulet have so much power?"

"Don't worry Sunset I'm sure you can get used to being second rate..." Twilight sauntered over with a cocky smile only to have Sunset's horn light up pulling her amulet off her. "Hey give that back!"

Sunsets eyes flashed as she undid her amulet pulling the new one on. "With the power of this amulet and my own I will rule all of Equestria! You will all bow to..."

She was suddenly interrupted by Dash swooping in and grabbing the Alicorn amulet from her.

"What?! Fine... You can be the first example..." Her voice was again low and growly as her horn lit up unleashing a torrent of lightning at Dash catching her midair, the result however was thankfully much less then I feared, Dash only giggled tried to cover herself.

"That tickles... Stop..."

"What...? What have you done? This amulet has no power..."

"Indeed it does not." A voice rang out as Princess Celestia swooped down through the storm clouds scattering them a dozen guards with her. She levitated a plain looking box over to Dash. "Quickly."

Dash quickly placed it inside closing the lid and almost immediately Sunset collapsed to the ground.

"Princess! How did...?"

"Twilight Sparkle, I felt the magic from the Alicorn Amulet before but I couldn't locate it, thankfully I was ready this time only to arrive and find you had the situation well in hoof."

"We didn't want to trouble you..."

"I understand, and I'm glad this turned out so well but the Alicorn amulet is very dangerous."

"Pardon me Princess but we couldn't dig up much about it at all..."

Seeing the danger passed more of the townsfolk came out of hiding and along with them a painted up Big Mac, Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Pumpkin Cake as well as Fluttershy. Scootaloo came flying out as well bee lining to Twilight and I who held her and each other tightly.

"Let us retire to the library and I will explain all I can..." She levitated Sunset up onto her back leading us as her guards reassured any pony that came out looking for answers.

"Where are my books?!" Was naturally the first words out of Twi's mouth as we entered.

"All safe love, just downstairs."

She breathed a sigh of relief as we all gathered around Princess Celestia who laid Sunset down on the couch sitting beside her protectively.

"Princess... What are you doing? She hates you; she said you cast her out..."

She sighed gently stroking Sunset with one of her wings her horn glowing as she examined her. "Not too far gone..." She whispered. "I admit in our student / teacher relationship there were problems but I would never cast aside a promising student like her, she had begun to grow dissatisfied with my teaching methods... She wanted to learn too fast, too much and too dangerous. We were at an impasse and when she asked for a leave of absence to go do some studying and research on her own years ago I had to grant it to her... She never came back..."

"It had something to do with the amulet didn't it?" I asked.

"Yes... There have always been Alicorns on our world, not all of them have been benevolent... Tjernobog... His name is wiped from nearly all records from a time long before even Luna and I's parents came, what records remain tell of his cruelty and brutality. The spell... The one I used on you Rick and Twilight's magic thankfully changed originated with him. Even Alicorns do not live forever but he refused to accept his end, many ponies were sacrificed for his selfish desires... During his time there were other Alicorn's as well each with their own fiefdoms when he had drained or driven away all his subjects and the other Alicorns refused to let him touch their own minions he devised a plan, into this amulet he poured all his power, hatred and hubris... I don't know where Sunset found it but such a thing corrupts the user, providing power but subtly influencing them turning their small fears and worries against them, he used her to further his own agendas..."

Sunset stirred under Celestias wing opening her eyes and blinking looking around wildly before jumping off the couch and throwing herself down on the floor prostrating herself. "Princess Celestia! I'm so sorry! Twilight Sparkle! Rick! All of you...! I... I couldn't help myself! Everything he suggested to me seemed so reasonable, even things I knew weren't right! I couldn't fight him... I was weak, so helpless... I'm sorry I know I don't deserve forgiveness..." She turned to me her eyes filled with tears. "I wanted you to strike me down so badly that night, why didn't you!?"

"You didn't deserve that Sunset; maybe he did but not you."

"He wanted to kill you! I begged for him to spare you, as a gift to me... He wanted me complacent so he agreed..."

I knelt down and helped her up giving her a hug. "Well then thank you."

She smiled levitating my ring off her horn placing it in my hand then turned back to the Princess bowing low again. "I'm so sorry Princess, I let you down. I'm not worthy to be your student, Twilight clearly is..."

"A small mistake my student, while you might not have Twilights talent you still have great promise. And while I have a student right now I do know of someone who doesn't..."

"You mean..."

"You must meet her first naturally; come back with me to Canterlot, your room still sits as it was... I wasn't ready to give up on you."

Tears filled her eyes as she smiled. "Thank you Princess! Again my apologies to you all, I can understand if you hate me..."

"Well I dunno about that..."

"I mean it's not like anyone got hurt..."

"You did steal my couch but I suppose even that can be forgiven..."

"You sure made everything pretty dreary around here... But now I can cheer everyone up... With a big, huge... Party!"

"I'm glad you didn't hurt any animals..." Fluttershy whispered avoiding eye contact with Trixie.

"Thank you all..."

"You’re just lucky you didn't hurt my Mom or Dad..."

"Scootaloo! This was definitely a learning experience, the amulet made you too powerful for me or any of us with the exception of you Princess.” Twilight added with a small bow. "To face you directly so we had to devise a way to trick you, to anyone who knew us it might have been a bit more obvious but for the power hungry entity that had a hold of you... An easy bait. Good luck Sunset Shimmer I wish you all the best, lets not do this again." She smiled.

"Thank you!"

"Its getting late and we must return to Canterlot..." She put her wing comfortingly over Sunset. "I look forward to getting a letter from each of you about this..." As Sunset exited Celestia smiled. "My sister’s first student... This should be interesting... Farewell friends, thank you for your quick thinking..." Apparently she must have sensed the tension in the air between Trixie and Fluttershy as well as everyone else. “Perhaps you should come along as well Trixie, it will be alright.”

She hung her head sadly. “Very well…”

Fluttershy nudged her gently. “Please… Write me.”

“I will! I… I will…”

We all waved as they took off Sunset and the box containing the amulet with them likely to be store in Alizarins archives for the rest of time. It was late and everyone went their separate ways Applejack and Apple Bloom eager to get home, Twilight and I thanked everyone as they left turning to go back inside we found a sleepy filly by the couch, I picked her up and we tucked her in.

"Mmm... Glad to be home and glad your both ok." She yawned as we both kissed her forehead.

"Thanks Angel, sleep tight."

"Sweet dreams honey."

It had been a long couple of days I scooped Twilight up and carried her up to bed.

"So sleeping with another mare when I hadn't been even gone a day...?" She teased nuzzling my neck.

"Darn it Rainbow Dash... Just doing what I had to do to keep everyone safe, nothing happened I swear..."

"I know, an evil male entity wouldn't be too interested in you except to keep her in line don't you think?"

"Yeah I guess..." I enfolded her in my arms holding her close and kissing her softly. "I love you Twi, they might separate us for awhile but nothing can keep me from you..."

"Good, that’s the way I want it. Love you..."

We started to drift off together when I felt her twitch.

I get to reshelf all the books tomorrow!

I laughed squeezing her. Sure do love.

Wait a minute! When she kissed me a guy was in control…? Not sure how I feel about that...

She giggled snuggling against me. Silly…

Despite that minor worry sleep came easily...