• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,804 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,804

Chapter Fourteen

It was finally time to see Kick-Ass 2.

August 17th, and the clock was about to strike 7:30.

Jimmy walked into my office, becoming shocked at today’s decorating choice. It was all done in a Mad Tea Party theme; dark green walls to look like a forest with a dozens of flowery vines, the coffee table decorated with various kinds of tea cups, couches made out to look like mushrooms, and my desk had been turned into a giant fallen log tree.

On my head, I wore a dark green top hat with a blue polka dot ribbon tied around it. I smiled crazly at Jimmy. I was still sitting on the mushroom couch, having tea.

I had been on the famous Cloud Nine since seeing Bee’s blue eyes. It was just one step closer to finding more out about him, like maybe hear about his siblings or what he did, or just anything.

“Hello dearie.” I said in a Scottish accent, holding up one of the plastic tea cups. “Welcome to the party.” I lifted my pinkie, drinking the tea.

Jimmy looked a little weirded out, to say the least. “Uh. What happened to the office?” He looked at my window, seeing the magical moving butterfly and horsefly stickers on them.

“Lilac and I showed Cookie Alice in Wonderland, and the theme’s been in my head ever since.” I admitted, going back to my normal accent. I hopped up from the mushroom couch, practically skipping to the door. “Took a bit of science and shit to make the room a SMART room, remember that weird Disney movie SMART house? I basically did that here.” I lied. “You’re a bit early, but it’s cool.”

“Well, uh, you know what they say about the early bird.” Jimmy nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. He looked around the garden room again.

I usually kept my lights on low, seeing as I spent most of my time in here either Traveling or watching TV to help procrastinate for what I was supposed to be doing in here. Sometimes I was reminded of how strange my life looked to other people.

He’s lucky he wasn’t here for the actual tea party. Cookie played an excellent Alice, and Lilac an excellent Dormouse. It got real crazy, real fast, as all Stardust parties did. It hadn’t seemed weird at the time, it seemed like a great way to help Cookie adjust to her new world. She’s been taking it almost too well, like a duck to water and cat’s don’t do water.

She’s taking it like Darcy had. Darcy had been excited about it from the start, ever since I first told her about it. Maybe that’s the problem. She’s like her aunt, and I don’t want anyone to be like Darcy. I want Darcy. It was no use crying about it anymore, she had been dead five years. Dead. I couldn’t bring her back this go around.

I took off my hat, putting it on the hat rack. My other clothes were normal; a green shirt with Psych written in bold white, my washed out jeans, and my pink sneakers. Darcy’s necklace was around my neck, since I felt exposed without her by my side in some way, and the reality watch on my wrist. I put on my infinity bag, just in case.

Jimmy were a plaid blue t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of black sneakers. He looked alright in them, certainly seemed a little taller. He was still looking around the room. “Wow. The perks of royalty.”

“Boy, you have no idea.” I smirked. I let out a relieved sigh. “I’ve been waiting almost three weeks to see this movie.”

“Excited about the release?” Jimmy asked.

“No. I mean it’s been three weeks since I invited you to it, and I’m a naturally patient person. Ish.” I explained, walking backwards towards the door. Jimmy snorted, shaking his head. “Our lives are complicated, but it makes talking about time travel sound normal.”

“Right? I never understood why all those people got so confused about it.” Jimmy laughed. “Sometimes, you can live three whole years in a day. You can be in 1916 for breakfast, 2458 for lunch, and home in time for curfew.”

“Yes!” I sighed, happy to have someone understand it. “That’s exactly it. Why don’t they get it?”

Jimmy shrugged. “I-I have a no idea.”

*knock* *knock*

I glared at the door. “If that is Tracy with some made-up bullshit for tonight, I will hang her by her thumbs.” I reached up to the door handle.

“That was violent.” Jimmy remarked.

I’m violent.” I shot back, twisting the knob open. “Tracy, you are not-Katelynn with a K!

Katelynn smirked, her blonde hair done in crimps today. “I hope not. That lady’s annoying.”

“K!” I squealed, hugging the smaller teen. Seriously, she was a good head shorter than me. The teen laughed, hugging me back. “What are you doing here?”

She ended the hug, looking at me expectantly. “I have great news.

I gasped. “Quinn Loftis is downstairs to sign all of my books and also give me the next one?”

Katelynn laughed. “No, sorry.” She was still smiling.

I pouted. “Well, now nothing you say will get me back to that level of excitement.”

“I have a permanent job here as of tomorrow.” Katelynn said.

“Except that.” I squealed again, clapping my hands excitedly. Being around small children for the better part of your day, their habits tend to rub off on you. “You said your internship was done.”

“This job was way too much fun.” Katelynn said. She looked around my office. “You redecorate your office almost everyday-”

“I’m allowed to have a change in character.” I defended the change.

“You give me good hours.” Katelynn went on.

“Cause you have a life and you should get to live it.” I agreed, snorting at our exchange.

“And the pay is good.” Katelynn finished.

“Cause we’re women trapped in teenage bodies. We can’t get better jobs than this.” I joked.

Katelynn laughed, then turned to see Jimmy standing a bit behind us. “W-Who’s this?”

Jimmy held out his hand, nervous. “Jimmy Cipes.” He introduced himself. “Morgan’s friend from kindergarten.”

Katelynn smiled, shaking the hand. “Katelynn Meldon.” She said. I noticed her cheeks starting to turn a bit pink.

I smirked. In my head, I could hear Rarity’s scream of ‘Idea!’ Jimmy turned to me. “You know what, I’ll just head out to the parking lot. Whose car are we taking?”

“Mine. It’s the white Jeep Liberty outside.” I said. Jimmy looked a bit surprised. “Early birthday present from the Centre.” Jimmy nodded in understanding, walking out of my office.

Katelynn watched him walk off, only making my smirk wider. “You like him!” I said once the door closed. “Katelynn with a K, you go get that!”

“No!” Katelynn immediately scoffed. “Aren’t you-”

“Already got a boyfriend. He’s a pegasus.” I said, feeling my heart speed up just a tad by thinking about Bee. “Jimmy and I are just going to hang out as friends. You and him need to go on a date not as friends.” I encouraged. “One of my friends is the Alicorn of Love. I’ve learned to see the signs, and Katelynn with a K, you might as well be a Barden Bella because that is the only song you’re singing!”

The blonde looked back in the direction Jimmy left. “What?”

“It’s a reference to Pitch Perfect, geez. Don’t change subject, it only makes me more suspicious.” I said. Katelynn stuffed her hands in her pockets nervously. “I’ll put in a good word.” I offered in a sing-song voice.

She sighed. “You won’t let this go.”

Never.” I promised, in a gravely voice. “I’m a shipper, this will not sink.”

She gave in. “What’s his number?”

I squealed, again. Katelynn smiled brightly, chuckling at my childlike enthusiasm.


After searching in his file, I gave Katelynn the number. She was almost skipping off as she walked out of the office. I waited a few minutes before walking out behind her, giving them a chance to have another meet cute moment.

I took the time to comment to myself that my birthday was exactly one month away. Katelynn could actually bring Jimmy for a date, and that would just be ultimate cuteness! More than that, if things went well, I could tell Bee...

Which was feeling odd already. We’d been dating three weeks now, and I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to tell him that I was a Princess of my Earth, and that I was a human, because if Bumblebee took it well then why couldn’t he? There was this bit of doubt, that maybe Bumblebee accepted it so well because of something that happened with his past. Maybe Bee wouldn’t be as accepting, despite my best wishes.

He just felt...different. I knew that he liked me, maybe even loved me, but I wanted him to accept me too.

I should also call Lila, and see if she wanted to bring anyone or had any ideas. Pinkie was the party planner (like there was any doubt), but I’m sure she’d be happy to take suggestions.

Katelynn’s mom had driven her off, I saw the car leaving the lot. My jeep and Tracy’s accord were the only ones in the parking lot now. Jimmy was standing by my car, nervously rubbing at his neck. Did the meeting not happen, or was my car locked?

“Did I lock my car by accident?” I asked him. It had happened on occasion, I pressed the wrong button on this weird knob key they gave me. Lilac once pressed the panic button because she was tired of waiting for me to come out to the car.

He shook his head. “No. Just...my mom heard about the movie.”

Oh Story no, please no. I groaned. “Oh no.” My hand reached up to the vein (I think Darcy called this one Sam) in my forehead. “What movie are we seeing instead?” I sighed, trying not to groan.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.” Jimmy said, uncomfortable at my reactions.

“Motherless son of a goat!” Jimmy looked at me oddly. I shrugged, marching to my seat. “Trying to stop swearing. Got two kids now.”

Two kids?” Jimmy asked, getting into the passenger side. He was really confused when I took the driver seat. “Wait...you don’t have a license.”

“I’m Morgan Spencer, I don’t need one.” I remarked, turning the car on. It was blasting country music, much to Jimmy’s apparent annoyance.

He reached for the radio dial. “Uh. Don’t like country. Can we-”

“Driver picks the music. Passenger shuts his cake hole.”


The movie had been good, but that didn’t stop me from being an emotional wreck. The scene with Tyson being too much of a reminder about what happened to Darcy. I may not have actually seen my sister pass, but I felt it. I always felt it...

I knew Kick-Ass 2 was violent, incredibly so, that was why I wanted to see it. It was to give me some kind of inspiration on the Feud. Not that I would do anything from the movie, but more like encourage me to actually do it.

The drive back to Jimmy’s house was a big longer than I thought. Why didn’t I pay attention to his file when it said where he lived now? He lived in Charleston, across the bridge, so I had to drive over it through late Saturday night traffic.

More than that, this meant Tracy had to put my girls to bed. I was disappointed, as I wanted to show the girl’s their new rooms in the Hut before bedtime. The new additions I made to the interior dimensions would make living there a lot easier. That, and Tracy was a poor babysitter.

“Earlier, you mentioned having two kids.” Jimmy reminded me.

“Lilac and Cookie.” I said, with a happy smile. Our conversation had shifted into small talk once the drive started, and my occasional singing of the song playing. After the movie, we talked about it and some of the previews. “A dragon and a cat turned griffon.” I explained further.

Jimmy paused. “O...kay...” There was a beat (and a honk, because the guy in the next lane cut me off) “Do your parents know?”

“They know about Lilac.” I commented, getting to the turn to his neighborhood. “Cookie is...new.”

“They don’t know you have a second daughter?” Jimmy asked, grinning. “How did you do that? My mom finds out when I have a second bad grade. Turn here.”

I shrugged, following street signs to find his house. This neighbourhood was a lot bigger than I thought. “My family and I don’t talk much anymore. Something about conflicting schedules. According to Facebook, my mom is working on setting up the new school year and dad is helping.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jimmy frowning. “They didn’t take the traveling thing too well, I guess?”

“No, no they didn’t.” I mumbled, finding his street. “Why do you think Tracy works with me? She’s their babysitter.”

“I heard about Darcy.” Jimmy said. Luckily the car was already in park, or I might’ve let off the brake. “Everyone at the Centre has a some point, I mean. There’s a ton of rumors about what happened-”

“He took us both took us both, Darcy died., I broke out, and then he died.” I said in a cold detached voice.

Jimmy winced. “Yeah. Yeah that was the gist of what they said.” He gulped. I gave him a half glare. “I don’t want to talk about…that night...I’d rather talk about her.” My eyes softened. Most people dropped the subject of Darcy after hearing she was a Created. This must’ve been why Jimmy and I were good friends in kindergarten. “Is that okay?”

“...it’s good.”

“Where was she from a horror movie, right?”

“Right.” I honestly tried putting that movie out of my head since her death. It was too much of a reminder. “Child’s Play.”

Jimmy grinned. “Oh! That’s...that’s cool.” He climbed out of the car. Out of some weird obligation, I climbed out with him. “That’s the one with the guy who turns himself into a doll?”

“Chucky. His girlfriend does too, and their kids.” I commented, remembering some of Darcy and I’s misadventures during Seed of Chucky.

“How did he do that?” Jimmy asked, a slightly smug smile on his face.

I sighed. It was hard thinking about those movies. The last time I really did was when I went to Seed of Chucky. “He was brought back by the Heart of Dam-” My eyes widened, my jaw dropped. ‘Son of a bitch!’

“The what?” Jimmy asked, tilting his head to the side innocently.

“The Heart of Damballa.” I breathed. “It’s a mystical object that brought Chucky back to life again and again.”

Jimmy was grinning. It was slightly disarming, almost proud. Had he figured this out?

“Jimmy.” I said in almost like a warning.

“I watched all the movies.” Jimmy said excitedly. My smile was coming back. “I almost called, but I wanted to see your face.”

I smiled wide, and in a moment of weakness, I ran over to hug Jimmy. Well, it was closer to a chokehold than a hug. “Dude!” I laughed. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I kept repeating the sentence to him.

Jimmy laughed with me. He wrapped his arms around me, almost as tight as I was hugging him.

“I can get Darcy back!” I cheered. Happy tears started coming out of my eyes.

“Wait.” Jimmy sighed. He pulled back, looking actually a bit sad to have found the downside. “She died like, what, eight months ago? Her body has to be bones by now.” Jimmy pointed out. “And she lost her head! She would have to be a doll.”

My smile didn’t fade or falter. On my wrist, my watch buzzed like the alarm was going off. “I can fix that.” I said.

I’m bringing my sister back.

No sooner had I had this thought, the multiple plants around Jimmy’s house became active. The bushes grew into hedges, the little trees into bigger trees, the flowers grew to near human height. I stared at them all in shock, still in my car.

“Woah!” Jimmy shouted, one having grabbed his ankle.

“Oh my god!” I gasped. I ran over to him, reaching for his head to try and pull him away.

The plants here were a lot stronger than the ones in my backyard and office. They were tugging at Jimmy, dragging him away from me.

The power was coming from me, so I just had to focus and cut off the earth pony magic directed towards the plants. Should be simple enough, just close my eyes and unthink it. Without any other plan, I shut my eyes and focused on the power slipping into the plant life.

It must have worked. A minute or so later, Jimmy became much easier to pull away from the plants. I breathed a sigh of relief, opening my eyes to see the plants retreating back into their original positions. Though...they had an unnatural blue light shining on them.

“Morgan behind you!” Jimmy warned.

Looking back, I saw one of my portals behind us. My jaw dropped. ‘Of course. First earth pony, then pegasus, and I guess this is my unicorn magic. Creating the portals is my type of magic, and I bet if I walk through it’ll lead to an Equestria.’

Lifting my hand, I flicked my wrist as I usually did to remove the portal. To my horror, it only made it bigger. It was starting to suck my car and what I assume was Jimmy’s mom’s car too.

“Gah!” I yelped, shaking my wrist harder to try and get rid of the portal.

“Morgan, hurry up!” Jimmy said in warning. “People are gonna notice!”

“You know what, I was thinking about leaving it there! Adds some lighting to your house!” I snapped. “I’m trying to stop it, Jimmy!”

“Right Got it! Sorry!” He called out, ducking behind his mom’s car. “I’ll leave you to it!”

“Thanks!”

Okay. Focusing on earth pony power got it to stop, so maybe not focusing on power at all got it all to stop? I’d rather the plants not come attack us next. Stretching out my hands, I took a calming breath to focus my magic.

They glowed with a pale yellow light, that I recognized as my alicorn magic. The glow soon covered the portal, shrinking it steadily in size. It took around a minute for it to shrink down to the size of a dinner plate.

I flicked my wrist, this time successfully making the portal vanish. Looking back to Jimmy, I saw him staring with wide eyes at the end of driveway. His mom ran out at that moment, thankfully after the danger had passed. She immediately ran to her son, making sure he was alright.

Something tells me I would be having trouble getting Darcy back now.

Author's Note:

You people are the best. Seriously, the best. I swear, your comments are a huge part of what is helping keep this story alive.
A special thanks to Valiant Knight and tsaukpaetra for their comments. You guys are shining stars. I love you two.
I'm proud of this chapter, really proud. The Heart of Damballa thing hit me like a bat when I remembered it, way back when I was writing The Day My Life Began. I'm gonna somehow tie this all back to Garfield and Chrysalis and Seth and blah blah blah like I'm going to spoil it all for you.
Comment, like, favorite, and read the rest of the Spencer Trilogy! I'm so excited!