• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 1,022 Views, 10 Comments

MLP: The Return of Mareaxe - B. J. Williams



Pinkie Pie must stop Mareaxe, a powerful demon, from turning Equestria into Hell.

  • ...
 10
 1,022

Demonic Entity Arrival

The next morning, Pinkie was extremely tired because of the lack of sleep. Her hair was flatter than usual. Twilight Sparkle saw her like this.

“Hey, Pinkie.” Twilight said.

“Hey.” Pinkie said very tired and sad.

“Pinkie, what’s wrong? You aren’t your normal self.”

“I’ve recently been have nightmares.”

“What are these nightmares about?”

“Well…” Then, they noticed Gummy clinging on to Pinky Pie. “Gummy? What are you doing here?” They noticed that Gummy was shaking vigorously. “That’s odd, Gummy doesn’t normally behave like this.”

“Well, come to think of it. Owlowiscious has been acting strange as well.”

“Maybe we should talk to Fluttershy about this.” So, the two went to Fluttershy and then they saw almost every pony that had a pet was at Fluttershy’s house. She found herself overwhelmed with cases similar to Pinkie and Twilight’s. They saw their friends at the door as well.

“Hey guys.” Twilight asked. “What’s up?”

“The animals are all acting crazy.” Applejack stated. “We don’t know who or what is causing it.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash added. “Tank is refusing to come out of his shell to eat.”

“Same thing with Opalescence.” Rarity explained. “Something must be wrong; otherwise, we wouldn’t be in this mess.” Fluttershy came out of her house.

“Ponies, please settle down.” Fluttershy said extremely timid because she was not used to getting all of the attention. “If you have a pet that’s behaving weirdly, I need to tell you that all of the wildlife is acting weird as well. Apparently, it is from fear of something.”

“Fear from something?” Rainbow Dash asked. “And what do you think this is?”

“I don’t know what this thing would be. But what I know is… it can’t be good.” Then, clouds came over head. “I think that is it up there.” Fluttershy pointed up to the clouds.

“That? They are scared over that? It’s just a little storm.”

“Wasn’t there a storm scheduled today?”

“Come to think of it; there wasn’t a storm scheduled today. Don’t worry I’ll fix that up.” Rainbow Dash flew up to the clouds. She grabbed the clouds expecting to move it like she always does. “I’ll fix it up right now.” She pulled back but the cloud didn’t move. “Uh? What the hell?” The other ponies were surprised as well with Rainbow Dash. “What happened I should have move that cloud! Is this a stupid plot device?”

“I don’t think so.” Twilight added. She was being intellectual. “I can sense a magical presense behind the clouds not moving.” Twilight was getting worried. “A powerful and vile presence.”

Meanwhile, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were waiting in the club house for Apple Bloom. She had found something in the Everfree Forest. After waiting for a while, Apple Bloom arrived with a chest on her back.

“Hey, Apple Bloom.” Scootaloo stated. “What took so long?”

“I needed to go to the Everfree Forest to find it and its heavy too.” Apple Bloom replied. “It is this chest on my back.”

“What’s in it?” Sweetie Belle asked as Apple Bloom put the chest on the table.

“I don’t know yet. I haven’t opened it.”

“Well, let’s open it and look.” Scootaloo added. “There might be treasure inside.”

“Treasure, yeah.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“I guess this could make us, Cutie Mark Crusader treasure hunters.” Apple Bloom said. They tried to open it but they failed. That’s when they noticed a few locks on the chest. “What’s with all the locks?”

“Maybe the treasure is so valuable; it needed to be locked several times.” Sweetie Bell added.

“So, we need to bust open the locks?” Scootaloo asked Sweetie Bell.

“Apparently.” So, the three fillies grabbed a crowbar that was nearby and using the crowbar they broke open the locks. Then, at that point they opened the chest out of excitement. “Huh?” The ponies were now confused as smoke left the chest.

“What happened, wasn’t there any treasure?”

“Maybe, this was just a prank set up by one of the students.”

“You’re probably right.” Then, Apple Bloom noticed something at the bottom of the chest.

“Wait, what’s that?” Apple Bloom asked.

“What?”

“That thing right there?” She pointed to the thing below; it was covered in sand. Apple Bloom picked it up and it turned out it was a book. “A book?”

“It looks rather old.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Well, this might lead to another treasure chest.”

“If that is the case,” Scootaloo added. “Then, let’s open it up.”

“Okay, then. Who knows what treasure awaits us.” She, then, opened up the book to page one. “Wait, a minute, what does this say?” Then, the book shook out of Apple Bloom’s hooves. Magic surrounded all of the openings and the three cutie mark crusaders. They struggled to get out but it was impossible.

A ghostly figure with glowing yellow eyes came from the book. The thing roared as it materialized. It appeared to look like a minotaur but it was a shadowy beast with only a bull skin covering it. The creature had shadowy dreadlocks from its head. "I am free at last!!"

“Who… and what are you?” Apple Bloom terrified.

“I am Mareaxe!!” the creature said in a demonic voice. “I will thank you for releasing me and my demon minions.”

"You mean to tell us that book had demons inside it?"

"You are correct, filly."

“Oh crap.” Scootaloo said. “I think we’re dead meat.”

“I will not kill you. I will break you until you become my servants.”

“We refuse to become your servants!!” Sweetie Bell shouted.

“You will. Oh, you will!!” He screamed a vile chant scaring the three fillies. They heard a loud boom and a green gas filled the entire clubhouse. The cutie mark crusaders coughed hard.

“What was that?”

“A deadly gas from my ass." Because of who he was he was able to say it with a straight face. "It is silent but deadly." Then, the cutie mark crusaders were disgusted.

“Eww. That’s gross!!” Apple Bloom said.

"You are acting immature." Sweetie Belle added.

“Now that I got that out of the way, now to torture you!!” He shot lightning at the three fillies filling their minds with indescribable horrors. They screamed from seeing this as three of his demons entered their bodies and possessing them. The crusaders’ eyes turned pitch black due to the unholy spell. Mareaxe released them. “DO YOU OBEY ME??”

“Yes, master.” Possessed Apple Bloom said in a British dialect. Mareaxe’s eyes opened wide. “I will lead them for your release.”

“Who said you were to lead?” Possessed Scootaloo replied with a Greek dialect. “I should be the one to lead.”

“Oh, shut up both of you.” Possessed Sweetie Belle added speaking with a Prussian dialect. “We should be working together, to release our master.” The three continued to argue noting that they all sounded male.

“Oh no.” Mareaxe thought. “It's the dumb-ass demon dunces that possessed them.” He turned to the three possessed ponies. “Shut up!!” The three turned to him. “I have an assignment for you.”

“What will that be master?”Possessed Sweetie Belle asked.

“I want you to use the book to prepare for my release and build an army to conquer the world!!”

“Ah, the world conquering plot,” Possessed Scootaloo replied. “I like where this is going.”

“How do you know where this is going?”

“Well, he is our master so this can be done very easily.”

“Well, I can't help you until I'm released.” Mareaxe bluntly stated.

“When, should we start master?” Possessed Apple Bloom asked.

“Right now.”

“Okay.” The three fillies paused. “So, what do we get first?”

“JUST GET GOING!!” Then, the three possessed fillies fled. Mareaxe sighed. “This would be a whole lot easier if I had more competent demons possessing them.” When, they were far enough away, he snapped his fingers making the demons inside them dormant. This meant that it was nap time for the demons. He also added a false memory into their minds. Then, he disappeared back to his little pocket dimension.

“Wait, a minute.” Normal Apple Bloom said. “How did we get out here?”

“I don’t know exactly.” Normal Sweetie Belle added.

“Probably, we lost our way looking for treasure.” Normal Scootaloo replied. The ponies looked back into their mind to see the false memory but they thought it was true.

Back with the other resident ponies, they noticed the clouds clearing but they were moving by themselves. The ponies were scared when they saw this.

“Wait, how is whole thing possible?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Like I sent I felt a magical presence behind this.” Twilight Sparkle replied. “And it has to be a source that is very, very powerful.” This got Twilight worried because she knew she was the most powerful unicorn in the area.

“Anyway since the storm stopped, how about a party at my place?” Pinkie Pie asked. She stumbled on the way to her house and collapsed. She fell asleep right on the spot.

“I guess it’s more like nap time for you.”

Note: The three demons that possessed the cutie mark crusaders are scary and vile, but they are also stupid.