• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 305 Views, 2 Comments

Stories of Procrastination - ilikepie56



Different short stories that I wrote while I was supposed to be doing homework.

  • ...
 2
 305

Lemons

The sun was high over the quite town of Ponyville. Rarity was busy working on a new dress design, Fluttershy was tending to some sick animals and Rainbow Dash was busy working on a brand new trick. Pinky was doing her daily baking duties when a thought popped into her head. This thought was a question, and this question needed to be answered. She knew the exact pony that could answer it.

After a hop, a skip and a jump, Pinky arrived at her destination. She raised her hoof to the door and pushed it open. As she expected, Twilight was right there, working on what looked like a checklist. “Hey Twilight?” Asked Pinky excitedly racing closer to her friend.

“Yes Pinky?” Twilight asked, still looking at her list. “What do you need?”

“You know the term 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade'?”

“Yes Pinky, why?”

“Well, is that meant to be taken literally, or what does it really mean?”

“Well Pinky, that phrase is usually used in an optimistic way. Like if your facing an unfortunate situation, you could use what you can to make it better.”

“Oh, okay. But what if life actually hands you lemons. Should you still make lemonade?”

“Pinky, thats not possi-” Twilight was interrupted by a faint popping noise, and when she turned around to see what made it, there was a basket of lemons just sitting on the floor. Twilight looked at Pinky, then back to the lemons, then back to Pinky. “I didn’t do that!” shouted Twilight to her friend. “How did those get there!”

“Maybe life gave them to use!” Pinky shouted with glee. “Should we actually make lemonade with them?”

“Pinky, there has to be a logical explana-” Twilight was interrupted by another pop, and another basket of lemons. Twilight's face quickly went from curiosity to astonishment. “How is this happening!”

“Maybe we should actually try and make lemonade out of the lemons that life is handing us. Thank you life!”

“Pinky,” Twilight said. “We don't know if they're safe to use! I don't think-” Just like the other two times, another pop and another basket of lemons. “What the HAY is going on here!” This time, after the pop, another pop happened accompanied by another basket of lemons. Followed by another, and another, and another until the bottom of the library was filled with baskets of lemons. “Pinky, we need to get out of here!”

The two ponies rushed outside of the library just in time to see the entire tree get filled up with baskets of lemons. They were literally falling out of the windows. As Pinky was giggling at the sight of this, Twilight started to hear some screams coming from other ponies houses. She turned towards the cries of terror to see other ponies running out of their homes. Twilight ran towards Bon Bon, the nearest of the ponies.

“Bon Bon, what happened!” Twilight said, rushing to the frightened pony's side.

“I-I-I-” Bon Bon stammered, still rustled by what just happened. “I don't know. Lyra was just talking about humans, then the popping noise came, then the lemons. Oh so many lemons!” Bon Bon fainted in Twilight's arms. She gently placed her on a nearby bench, which happened to have a few baskets of lemons next to it, and ran back towards Pinky.

“Pinky, i'm going to get the Princess. She might know what to do!” Twilight ran off towards the outskirts of town and prepared to take flight to get Celestia. Right before she took off, Celestia herself landed in front of her student.

“Twilight,” said the Princess, gasping for air. “Canterlot is being over run by baskets of lemons. I tried making them disappear but they just kept coming. Would you have any idea of what happened?”

“No Princess,” said Twilight, thinking of a solution. “But I think I just figured out how we can stop this. Follow me!” Twilight ran back towards her library to try and find Pinky, and luckily, she was still there giggling at the onslaught of lemons. “Pinky Pie!”

“Yes Twilight?” Pinky asked, still giggling at the horde of tiny yellow fruit.

“It's time to make some lemonade.” Twilight grabbed Pinky and a basket of lemons then ran off towards a lemon free zone followed by Princess Celestia. After a few minutes of flying, they landed in a nearby field, completely lemon free. “Okay, the only way to get this to stop is to make lemonade.”

“But how can you be so sure, Twilight?” Celestia asked her frightened student.

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. It's very clear that life gave us lemons, now it's time for us to make lemonade.” A purple glow surrounded Twilight's horn as she summoned a table, a lemon squeezer, some sugar and some plastic cups. Twilight started squeezing the lemon juice while Celestia measured out sugar to put in each of the cups. At this time, Pinky was keeping watch for the lemons, which just started to appear over a hill in the distance.

“Gals, they're getting closer!” Pinky screamed with excitement as the lemons kept popping into existence over the hill.

“Twilight, the sugar is ready. How is the lemon juice!”

“Almost there Princess, give me a few more seconds.”

“We might not have a few more seconds. Hurry!”

“Just a little more... and done!” Twilight said, lifting up a cup of lemon juice. “Okay Princess, poor the sugar in and mix it up!” Celestia poured the sugar into the cup of lemon juice and began to stir it up.

“Life is still handing us lemons,” said Pinky, watching the lemons get closer and closer.

“Quick,” said Twilight holding up the cup of finished lemonade. “Somepony drink it!” Pinky Pie raced towards her friend and quickly took a gulp of the lemonade. The lemons stopped appearing out of thin air.

“Okay Twilight, you have some!” Pinky yelled, handing the cup to Twilight. Twilight took a big gulp and the baskets of lemons started to disappear.

“Princess, you finish it off.” Twilight handed the cup to Celestia, who with one swift and decisive gulp, finished off the cup of life made lemonade. The rest of the baskets disappeared.

“Is,” Twilight whimpered. “Is it over?”

“Yes Twilight, it's over.” Celestia put a hoof around her student and looked over the hill.

“Hey Twilight,” asked Pinky, walking over to her friend.

“Yes Pinky?”

“They might need to add something to that saying.”

“Oh?” Twilight giggled.

“Yea. It should be 'When life give you lemons, make lemonade or else life will kill you with even more lemons'.” The three ponies laughed and spent the next few hours in harmony. That is until Pinky questioned the next saying, 'A picture is worth a thousand words'.