• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,500 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,500

Chapter Eleven:Art Of A Rarity

Distorted World
Chapter 11-Art Of A Rarity

"Two down, one to go!" Spike exclaimed.

"You rock, Spike, woo hoo!" Fluttershy cheered.

Spike had just saved her life, and their bond was stronger now, than ever. After stopping to snack on some pastries, they were approaching Rarity's home. They were following the latest riddle: 'To get rid of her ferocity, pay her with some generosity'. The famous 'Carousel Boutique' stood before them, remaining untouched by the attack.

Fluttershy was trying to muster up enough courage to tell him how she felt, but she was developing doubts in her mind. What if, he still liked Rarity? Would she be abandoned? She knew all about his previous crush, but she was trying to hope for the best.

Spike knocked on the door and it opened by itself. The building appeared empty, but nothing was as it seemed most of the time, in this town. Fluttershy followed the little dragon inside, oddly the lights had been left on, for some reason.

"Rarity! Rarity, are you home?" Spike called, as they searched for the sophisticated unicorn.

They found her in the back room, where she usually designed dresses. She was on a couch, reading a book.

"Um, Rarity? What are you reading, if you don't mind telling me?" Fluttershy asked, curiously.

The startled unicorn released the book from her grasp, letting it fall to the floor. "I wasn't reading anything, Darling. You must be mistaken." Rarity protested.

"Uh, okay. What happened, to your dresses?" Spike asked, since the room showed no signs that any dresses had ever been there.

"Oh, those silly things? I disposed of them, since I haven't been very inspired, lately."

Spike and Fluttershy were shocked. How could she just quit, making dresses? That was who she was, or had been! Spike remembered the riddle, and was going to try to jog her memory.

"But, Rarity! How could you get rid of those wonderful, beautiful dresses? It's who you are!" Fluttershy spoke up.

"Not anymore, Darling. I don't care about that at the moment, and it's highly likely, that I never will again. I should have realized it sooner, but now, I know better. The only thing I should be concerned with, is myself. I'm more important, than anything else in my life." Rarity proclaimed.

They knew that she could be dramatic at times, but this was getting ridiculous.

Spike wasn't going to stand for this, and he couldn't take anymore of it. "Rarity! I'm surprised at you! Look at what you've become! You know, I used to love you!" He walked over to the sewing machine in the corner of the room. "If you really don't care about that stuff anymore, then why did you hold on to THIS? As much as you might try to deny it, you still care, and that's why you couldn't throw it away!"

Rarity had no response to that, which only served as further proof that he was right.

"What ever happened to the, 'Art of the Dress'? You can't tell me, you don't remember!" Spike was trying his hardest to make a point, and get through to her.

"He's right, you're one of a kind. A genuine 'Rarity', in this world. You give and give, and never expect anything in return, or at least, you used to. I hope you aren't TOO far gone." Fluttershy said.

"Don't forget about your 'Element'. The 'Element of Generosity', it's one of your best qualities!" Spike continued.

The unicorn's eyes twinkled, as she remembered. "Spike, I…" Her colors returned, and she smiled, "Thank you, both of you, for reminding me, who I am." Rarity bent down and kissed Spike, right on the lips.

Fluttershy started to get upset, because she loved Spike, and Rarity didn't deserve him. Spike was dumbfounded, but didn't react.

"What's wrong, Spike? Isn't this, what you've always wanted?" Rarity asked, uncertainly.

He mentally argued with himself. His mind drifted to Fluttershy and he saw her leave the room, out of the corner of his eye. It made him realize something. This wasn't what he wanted, not anymore. Spike pushed Rarity away, and walked over to the door.

"But, Spike! I thought that this would make you happy?" She said, in confusion.

"It WAS what I wanted, and at one point, it would have made me happy, but not anymore. I'm sorry, Rarity, but you missed your chance. I have my eyes on another mare, now." Spike called over his shoulder, as he left the room, disappointed in Rarity.

"I hope that Fluttershy is okay. I need to make this right."