• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 7,554 Views, 188 Comments

Venom Rising - VampDash



Rainbow Dash has been humiliated far to many times by Mare-Do-Well but now she has a chance. A chance to get back at her... at what cost?

  • ...
25
 188
 7,554

Sanity? The Tartarus is this?

“Okay so Dash… remind me WHY you thought a pumpkin on my head was a good idea?” Gilda asked as Rainbow still wiped some pumpkin bits off her head from the pumpkin she tore off her head earlier.

“I thought it would look scary! I mean come on Jack-O-Lanterns are FREAKY Gilda.” Rainbow explained as though it was obvious. Gilda just sighed as she slumped into a chair.

“Look Dash I get why you’re wanting me to have the outfit and everything but honestly? That kiddie outfit was sad and the pumpkin you just… jammed onto my head was just weird.” She said as she felt through her head and pulled out a pumpkin seed before tossing it to the side.

“It’s only weird if you MAKE it weird!” Rainbow said as she looked offended.

“Okay that might have worked in flight camp to get me to kiss you, but that’s NOT gonna change my mind on this.” Gilda said as she tossed the Nightmare Night costume out of the house, it falling the hundreds of feet to the ground below.

“Hey! I paid 11 bits for that!” Rainbow said, looking rather irate, as Gilda just glared.

“You’re telling me you wanted me to wear something that cost 11 bits as a ‘supervillain’ costume?” Gilda said in an almost growl. The cyan pegasus backed up a bit.

“Well… Okay when you put it like THAT it sounds bad, but honestly what was I supposed to do?! Hope that Venom can just spawn another symbiote for you to use?!” Rainbow Dash snapped back.

‘Actually Rainbow Dash…’ The symbiote started, but its host was not in the mood.

“Not now Venom!” Rainbow yelled at her suit. Gilda just rubbed in between her eyes as she sat down.

“Look do you have… ANYTHING at all that can be called a ‘super-villain’ outfit? Maybe you can let me borrow Venom-”

“NO! VENOM IS MINE!” Rainbow snarled as she clutched her body as though Gilda was going to tear off her skin.

“Whoa jeez okay. I won’t take him.”

“Good! Because.. he’s mine and… no one elses…. I feel I’m forgetting something. Doesn’t matter right now okay! Point is you NEED an outfit… and a pumpkin for a mask.”

“Oh come on does it HAVE to be a pumpkin?”

“Yes.”

“Any particular reason?”

“I like Jack-O-Lanterns alright?! Trust me it’s gonna grow on ya!”

“Yeah… Doubt it.”

“Come on! Just go with this!”

“Dash… I don’t even LIKE pumpkins!”


“Hey look Daddy! It’s Mare-Do-Well!” A little colt said excitedly as he noticed his hero walking through the streets.

“WHERE’S THE BLACKSMITH?!” Yelled “Mare-Do-Well” as she lumbered through the streets holding a key in one hoof.

“Why does she wanna know where the blacksmith is?” The colt asked in a slightly afraid tone.

“WHERE’S THE BLACKSMITH?!” Again yelled “Mare-Do-Well” in a demonic voice.

“MAKE HER GO AWAY! MAKE HER GO AWAY!” The colt yelled.

“MY NAME IS MARE-DO-WELL!” Once again yelled “Mare-Do-Well” as the colt hugged his father’s leg.

“WHY IS SHE USING THE KEY ON THE LADDER?!” The colt screamed in terror.

“WHERE’S THE BLACKSMITH?!” Screamed “Mare-Do-Well” as she beat the key she was holding on a ladder.

“WHY IS SHE HOLDING A RAKE?!”

“WHERE DO I USE THIS RAKE?! WHERE DO I USE THE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!”


“Okay Dash…. That is the STUPIDEST plan I have EVER heard of. I mean you’ve had some bad ones in the past but that’s the DUMBEST.”

“Come on! It’s all psychological! Psych them out and stuff!”

“Yeah well that version of it is IDIOTIC.”

“Oh like YOU got a plan.”

“Actually I do. Alex’s dad, an asshole that he is, did teach me a little something though. To hurt somepony you have to RUIN their rep. Your version? Might work in a town full of morons. This town isn’t THAT dumb… is it?”

“Meh. It’s mixed. Trust me it gets confusing but you get used to it.” Rainbow said nonchalantly.

“Riiight. Anyways here’s what I think we should do. You, with your alien buddy, turn into Mare-Do-Well and start doing bad things. You know. Shoplifting and stuff like that. I’ll….. I’ll put on a stupid Jack-O-Lantern outfit to try to increase the fear. Then out of nowhere? WHOOSH! In comes Venom and saves the day! Mare-Do-Well is nowhere to be found but a short fight with Jack shows how much of a coward she is.”

“Alright… But if that doesn’t work Operation: Where’s the Blacksmith is still a go!”

“Okay but you are NOT calling it that. AT ALL.” Gilda said in a deadly serious tone.

“Doubt it…. also you’re not gonna-”


“If you think I’m SERIOUSLY consider killing a pony then you really do have your head in the clouds.” Gilda said. Rainbow took a moment as her brain processed that… she’d heard that before.

“Hey um… G… is your former boyfriend a Hippogriff by any chance?” Rainbow asked. As usual when asked Gilda became quiet and turned her eyes away from her. “Oh… right… no asking about him. Sorry.” Rainbow said.

“Nah it’s fine Dash… hey don’t you have a pumpkin to fetch?”


Manehatten was a city of light. This much was obvious but the title is not as well received as most ponies would believe. Especially to one who just walked into an alleyway.

“Okay… the shortcut was this way right…. no was it the other way? Ah damn it… oh well I’m sure you and I will still get along GREATLY though my little friend.” A stallion said as he rubbed what could only be described as a red tentacle. He walked a little further when he came across a pony who, after walking two more steps, pulled out a knife and held it out to him.

“Hey buddy. Give me every last bit you own.” The pony said in a gruff voice. Holding the knife crudely in his hoof. The stallion only looked at the knife before slowly chuckling.

“Oh dear me! It seems me and my friend are going to be robbed! Too bad…. for you Mr. Mugger!” The stallion said. The pony holding the knife only looked at him in confusion before he felt something… wet grab his hoof. He looked down only to see the hoof he had the knife in was now grabbed by a red tendril. Before he could even react the tendril twisted it into a VERY awkward and painful position and caused the bone inside to splinter and then shatter. His scream was akin to a little filly. “Now now don’t scream. I’ll only be TEN SECONDS and ALL your pain will be gone… I think.” The stallion said as the red tendril receded only to have his body covered by a red and black sludge. His eyes, once brown and cold, now showed empty pale white eyes and razor sharp black teeth. All four of his hooves now sprouted claws that were sharpened to almost sword level sharpness.

“W-WHAT KIND OF FREAK ARE YOU?!”

“Who am I? Hm… good question… I think the best answer is in what I love to cause and that my friend… is pure… uncontrolled… CARNAGE!” The creature roared as it leapt towards the stallion with it’s mouth in a permanent grin.


“Gilda… We need to talk.” Rainbow Dash said, just coming from helping Alex into bed, as Gilda looked up from her costume project.

“What about?” Gilda said, looking at the pegasus. Rainbow sighed as if she was looking for the right words.

“Spit it out Dash.” The griffon said as Rainbow realized she was taking longer than she intended. Taking a deep breath she just said what she had on her mind.

“Did you… Was Alex… Did you get raped?” Rainbow said, closing her eyes and cringing a bit, waiting for the possible tirade of anger to be thrown her way. She knew two things. If she was right, Gilda would be mad that she brought it up. If she was wrong… Gilda would be mad that she brought it up. Lose, lose scenario, but she had to know.

“BWA HA HA HA HA HA!” Gilda laughed, rolling on the floor now, suddenly remembering her son was already in bed so she clamped her paw over her beak and forced back the laughter. After a few moments she got up and looked at Rainbow Dash in the eye.

“You SERIOUSLY think anyone outside an alicorn or demigod could do that to me?” Gilda said as Rainbow facehoofed.

“Secondly… What brought this on?” Gilda asked as Rainbow now looked a bit ashamed.

“You did… I mean the last time you were here it wasn’t the best and then you show up with a kid and I realized that… I missed out on so much with you. I should have tried harder to stay in touch I know, but I was busy and… And then you come here with Alex and now I can’t even THINK about going out with you because you’re into guys now and…”

“Dash… stop.” Gilda said in a very bossy like tone. Rainbow stopped mid-sentence as she looked at her friend’s eyes. “I… I have tried going out with guys and honestly there have been some hot ones out there I won’t lie. Alex… Alex is the one good thing that came out of me being what I am. I’m a hard Griffon to keep up with Rainbow.” Gilda said with a small smirk on her face.

“Wait… so are you… are you wanting to go out on a date sometime?”

“Too soon Dash… I get how you feel and I want to say I feel the same way but I don’t know yet. It’s still… hard for me to admit it but I think I’m slowly accepting what I am.” Gilda said as she walked up and hugged her friend.