• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 9,940 Views, 817 Comments

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - AnnonyMouse



Sweetie Belle attends Hogwarts... What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • ...
35
 817
 9,940

Chapter Thirty Five

Disclaimer: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro. Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling. This is a free fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, services or goods.

Please refrain from commenting on any spelling and / or grammatical errors. Rather, PM me and I will see to fixing them in due time, thank you. For more information, see my profile.

Sweetie Belle and the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
35

Sweetie Belle was frantic to locate Adalade. She flew above the castle and grounds on her Cloud Skimmer, trying to see if she couldn't spot the girl from up here while teachers and students scoured the halls and rooms within.

She was not alone in the sky. Every member of every Quiditch team was out in force as well.

The only way she could evade them easily was if she were to have left school grounds, but the barrier would have let McGonagall know if something like that had happened.

And so far, nobody had left the grounds.

Sweetie Belle needed to know why the girl had attacked her and Phineas.

She wanted to get Phineas back, but he was not being co-operative in the slightest. His memories had been erased, and the only way to restore them was to have the original caster of the spell undo it.

Every time the pony saw movement, she and a number of Quidich players would swoop down rapidly to try to see what it was.

Usually a bush, a flag, a bird or something not related to the target of their search.

After an hour and a half, Adalade Crouch was still missing. Or maybe just hiding really, really well.

Sweetie Belle landed in the courtyard when she spotted McGonagall. "Did you find her?" She looked up at the tall witch, her eyes big and wet from tears.

Headmistress McGonagall shook her head. "I am sorry Sweetie Belle, but even our tracer spells have not been able to locate her. We have even scoured the Room of Requirement, and there was no sign of her anywhere." The teacher knelt down and rested a hand on Sweetie Belle's slumped withers. "We'll not give up. I've called in a friend to help us out. He should be arriving soon. Come along, any information you can supply him will be invaluable."

...

Sweetie Belle sat on the lap of the man who had been called in.

Harry Potter the Auror himself. He was a very nice man, and Sweetie Belle couldn't help but like him greatly.

"And then Adalade cast a spell on Phineas and myself. After that, well, you know the rest." Sweetie Belle looked up into Potter's eyes, her own big eyes pleading for the man to help save not only Phin's memories, but maybe to save the girl herself. "Please. You have to save them both. I don't know why Adalade did this, but she can't have been doing it because she wanted to, just like how Zwei Gemini was being manipulated."

Potter smiled and patted the filly's soft back. "I'll do all in my power to find her and restore your friend. If she has somehow managed to leave the school grounds, it will be a fair bit trickier. I just hope she didn't sneak into the Dark Forest on her own."

McGonagall nodded. "It is always a very dangerous place. I have some teachers searching the borders for any signs of entry. Hagrid, of course, is searching deeper within."

Potter smiled and nodded. "Good. I'll start by asking some of the students from Ravenclaw what they can tell me about her." He set Sweetie off his lap and onto the sofa-chair's soft cushion. "I'll find her Sweetie Belle. You can trust me on that."

Sweetie Belle hugged Harry Potter. "I... I hope so. I don't like it when Phineas hates me."
...

Phineas was having to be kept constantly sedated. He was getting worse and worse, not just verbally abusive and downright threatening, but also violent as his anger grew at somehow missing months of school and being turned into a chicken mule.

It was considered best that Sweetie Belle and Phineas be kept separate from each other. Phin was very likely to try to attack the filly, with full intent to cause bodily harm.

Harry Potter had paid him a visit, and got nothing useful from the pony's mouth, but his magical examinations showed that there was still a possible trace back to the original wand that had been used to cast the spell.

Now only if he could actually make the connection, he could trace the wand anywhere in the world, hopefully.

"Mr. Potter?" Sweetie Belle's eyes glistened with moisture. "Maybe I can call in some help from home?"

Potter shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea. We can't have magical ponies wandering the land or flying through the skies, in case muggles spot them. Then we'd have to call in the memory alteration squads, and it gets all messy if someone slips by."

Sweetie Belle's eyes sunk, looking down. "But I know Princess Twilight would really be able to help." Her eyes lit up. "Oh, what about Prof. Heart?"

McGonagall and Potter trades glances. Somehow, they felt what they were about to tell the filly was connected with Adalade's disappearance.

"Sweetie Belle." The elder witch frowned a little. "I am sorry, but we cannot locate Prof. Radiant Heart. She seems to be missing as well."

The filly's eyes went wide. "No... you don't think it was those people who tried to ponynap my friends and I before, do you?"

"Highly unlikely." She countered. "But not impossible, I'm afraid. I can look into it while Auror Potter does his work. You, in the meantime, I suggest you go back to the Griffindor Tower and try to get some rest."

Sweetie Belle scrunched her muzzle. "Fine." She looked disappointed, and really, REALLY worried. She hopped off the chair and left the Headmistress' office.

"So." Potter had a grave look on his face. "She's going to call home about this, isn't she?"

"I would expect no less from her." McGonagall smiled.
...

Celestia read the letter from Sweetie Belle, her eyes having gone wide. "Sister." Tia called out to the dark Alicorn who was hungrily devouring her 'breakfast'.

"Hmm?" She looked up, a pancake half way sticking out of her mouth.

"You are going to pay a visit to Sweetie Belle tonight. Something terrible has happened." She levitated the letter over to her sister, even as the dark mare swallowed and chewed her food.

Taking the letter in her own magic, she read it, her eyes going through a gambit of emotions. Shock, anger, a few tears. "This... How is this possible? We were assured that this Hogwarts was a safe place. Now one of our own has gone missing." Her eyes narrowed and hardened, her mane and tail whipping about, threatening anything and pony who would come within range.

"That is why you will be going to Hogwarts. Your magic is connected to Sweetie Belle's wand. Her wand is what transformed her friend, Phineas. It is possible that you, yourself, can form a bond with the colt, and thus track the magic which harmed his memories."

Luna rose. "That I shall do immediately... after I finish these blueberry pancakes."

"Oh, and I will be sending along someone who will be of great help... He needs to get out more, and the further the better, of late..."
...

Sweetie Belle paced back and forth in the common room. Fear and worry was written all over her face. She looked out the window, noting it was starting to just get dark,

At that moment, she felt the magic of the mirror activate. She rushed into the room to see a tall, slender woman with simple wizard's robes, and a long dark mane with flecks of midnight blue through it. Her soft skin reminded her of the moon in the night sky.

"Princess Luna?"

The Princess took a step forward, and wobbled uneasily. "How can humans walk upright like this?" She placed her hand on the wall for balance.

"Oh once you get the hang of it, it is very simple. Second nature actually." A familiar male voice came from the mirror moments before the man called Mr. Tumult emerged. "Why good evening Sweetie Belle."

"P-princess Luna? Discord?"

"Mr. Tumult if you will. The less who know of my true nature, the better." He levitated the filly, using a wand of all things, and set her onto his shoulder. "Princess, shall we?"

Luna took a few steps away from the wall, and quickly found the other adult human had taken her arm, in a rather polite gesture, to allow her to lean on him for support. "Why you had to transform me like this, I do not really understand."

"Sweetie Belle said in her letter that ponies would be to conspicuous in this world, and I have used this guise before already. Now, let us go pay a visit to my dear friend Minny." He snapped a finger and the trio vanished.

Some people at the Ministry of Magic would most likely rage at the blatant defiance of anti-apparating charms and enchantments that had been woven all through the school.

McGonagall looked into her scrying orb once again, this time examining Hogsmeade. If the girl had made it there, then hopefully she would be able to locate her.

A flash and a popping sound startled the witch. She spun about, a single long stemmed rose in hand. "What?" She frowned, the spotted the man and his two companions. "Ah, Mr. Tumult." She frowned slightly. "I do wish you would not pop in like this." She turned her eyes on Sweetie Belle. "You called in help, didn't you?"

Sweetie Belle shook her head. "No I didn't. I just sent a letter to Princess Celestia, letting her know what's been going on. I didn't know that Princess Luna and Dis... Mr. Tumult would come here."

"It's alright Sweetie Belle. Potter and I suspected this would happen. Though not exactly who would arrive." She eyed the woman. "Princess Luna. A pleasure to see you again. You are... human this time."

"Yes, it was preferable I take on a form that would not draw so much attention." Luna replied. "Though it will take some practice to fully get used to just walking without looking like a foal."

McGonagall was annoyed, but she couldn't be angry at the Equestirans. One of their own was missing, after all. And Sweetie Belle had not called in for the help. She'd just relayed a message to let them know what was going on.

But why did it have to be Mr. Tumult of all... people. She had her misgivings about even allowing him to saunter back and forth between Equestria and Earth, but she knew, basically, there was little to nothing she could do, at least, not on her own.

"Now Minny, might you have found anything new?" Tumult walked on over and looked into the crystal ball. "And please don't tell me you've been using this old thing. Any number of spells can easily block it."

"It's all I have at the time." McGonagall replied curtly.

Luna came over, still wobbling a bit, but it looked like she was getting the hang of using her ears and toes to keep her upright balance. "Headmistress, perhaps I may be of help. If I may pay a visit to Sweetie Belle's friend, Phineas, then I may be able to use the Lunar Wand to track her whereabouts."

"And how can you do that?" The witch looked curious. "This is a most dire time, and speed is of the essence, after all."

"The wand contains fragments of my horn. The wand, as well as Sweetie Belle's magic was used to transform Phineas. I can use the wand to try to trace any spells that have been cast upon the young colt."

McGonagall's eyes went wide for a moment as a flicker of hope was ignited. "And then you can locate the wand that cast the spell, and by extension, the caster."

Luna nodded. "May I have your permission to visit young Phineas? I do understand he is somewhat... distraught."

Tumult snickered. "Somewhat? I get the feeling that he's a lot more than distraught. I can feel the chaos and anguish boiling inside him, even from here."

"Then there is no time to waste." Luna spun around to head for the door... and kept spinning till Tumult caught her in his arms before she could take a rather embarrassing spill. "Th-thank you... Mr. Tumult."

Sweetie Belle had not seen Phineas since he'd been taken to the infirmary. "May I come too? Maybe I can, you know, help him remember?"

McGonagall shook her head. "I am sorry Sweetie Belle, but that is not a safe idea. His memories were not just hidden within his mind. They were removed. To recover them, we need the wand that did this to him, as well as knowing exactly what spell or spells were used. Till that time..."

"Please Headmistress?" Sweetie Belle pleaded. She didn't use her puppy dog eyes. "Phineas is... well, he's my best friend here at Hogwarts, even though I have so many other friends. It's my fault he got hurt."

"No, and that is final Sweetie Belle. There are other things you can be doing to help."

"Like what? I can't leave the school and it's obvious that Adalade isn't here anymore. What if SHE'S the one who made Prof. Heart go missing?"

"I had thought of that possibility." McGonagall turned and looked out the window, hands resting on the window sill. "This goes against ALL the rules... Mr. Tumult, what you did for Princess Luna. Can you do it for Sweetie Belle as well?"

"Turn her human? I could turn her into a dancing sombrero if I were so inclined. Not that I would. Fluttershy would be so disappointed with me if I did something like that to one of her dear friend's little sisters."

"Then make her a human... and she will be accompanying Princess Luna and yourself. If I am not mistaken, she is the only one who can truly use the Lunar Wand, am I correct?"

Luna nodded. "It would have severely diminished effects if any but her used it, even myself. The wand is bonded to her, after all." She smiled at the pony that was draped over Tumult's shoulders like a cat. "And to that end, Headmistress, she will have to accompany me to see Phineas. She and I will have to form the bond to trace the spell."

McGonagall sucked in a snort breath, then let it out slowly. "Very well... I will send word to ensure he is sleeping when you arrive."

"That will not do." Luna countered. "We will need his mind to be intact and active to form the bridge."

Tumult nodded. "And before you ask, I could turn him back into a human rather easily." He grinned, his single fang glinting in the lamp light of the office.

Sweetie Belle flinched. "You... you could have done that all this time? Why didn't you help when we were first trying to change him back?"

"I said I could. I didn't say I would." Tumult snickered before snapping his finger.

Sweetie Belle let out a startled squeak as she was teleported to the floor, once again in the very human form she had taken with Rarity and Twilight's pendant.

Sans clothes...

"Oops." Tumult snapped a finger again, and Sweetie Belle was now dressed in proper civilian clothing. "Much better."

Sweetie Belle hopped to her feet and looked down at herself. A simple pair of slacks and sweater, sneakers on her feet, and her long hair cascading down to her waist. "Thank you Mr. Tumult."

"Any time my dear. Now, off to the ward for the temporarily insane."

"Wait, what?" Luna, McGonagall and Sweetie Belle all cried out, a moment before the four humans vanished from the office.

...

Adalade landed hard on the grass. It took her a moment to recover and realize where the port-key had taken her.

Hogsmeade.

She frowned. The thing that had been hidden in the Room of Requirement had done the job she'd wanted it to, though not quite as far as she'd wanted.

Still, she had enchanted her cloak with a simple anti-scrying charm. It wouldn't last long, but hopefully it would last long enough for her to hand over the Pegasus, and be freed from the damn contract.

Making her way around the outskirts of the village, she found the shed that was to be the drop off point. Pulling her wand out, she unlocked the door and slipped inside.

The shed, while small, had a couple cots as well as shelves with all sorts of knickknacks. Clothes hung from the ceiling, both clean and dirty.

The place smelled a little off. Not really too pleasant, that was for sure. The walls looked to have been stuffed with cloth to form some sort of insulation from the cold or wet weather, and a small oil heater was the sole source of both light and heat.

Reaching into her robe, she pulled out the small crystal sphere and sent out the latest missive.

.- - -.. .-. --- .--. --- ..-. ..-. .-- .. - .... .--. .- -.-. -.- .- --. .

.- -.-

Pocketing the sphere, she sat down on a stool and waited.

No more than five minutes later, which was quite a surprise to the girl, the door opened and a pair of cloaked figures stepped into view. One tall, and one short.

...

Phineas, if he hadn't been angry before, seeing Sweetie Belle in human form nearly drove him to try to bite and kick the girl with all his tiny might.

Not that he could actually do anything, as he was now suspended by Luna's own magic, his mouth clamped shut. He had said some rather hurtful things, none of which Sweetie Belle would hold him accountable for, ever. He wasn't himself after all.

Well, he was himself. His old self, but not his TRUE self, the kind, funny and really nice Phineas. Right now he was back to his old Phine'ass'.

"Luna placed a hand on Sweetie Belle's shoulder. "Now, I will guide both the wand and yourself."

The filly turned girl nodded and drew her wand. She flinched when she saw the fear and hatred in Phineas' eyes. "I'll save you Phin. I'll bring you back to us."

McGonagall and Tumult just stood back to watch.

Sweetie Belle felt the gentle, powerful and nearly overwhelming power of the princess behind her as it flowed through her being and into her wand. She opened her eyes, now glowing pure white. She lifted off the floor, much to McGonagall's shock.

She spoke. Not in English, nor even Equestrian, but an ancient language of the Unicorns from before Equestria's existence.

Each syllable spoken made the room shake, a light thrum filling the infirmary.

Phineas almost looked like he wanted to wet himself as the tip of the wand neared his forehead. He couldn't move at all thanks to that strange lady's magic.

The moment the wand and his head connected, he felt the surge of magic pour through him. He'd heard of powerful wizards and witches, who on occasion could make their very eyes glow white with power, but he'd always just thought such a thing was stories.

Now he knew the truth, as well as could feel the power that flowed from the wand and into him.

It didn't hurt, or burn, or even tingle. He felt like he was submerged into a wonderfully warm bath, with the warmth infusing his entire being. He closed his eyes and sighed softly, unable to resist the bond that the magic was making.

Slowly, he became aware of things. Things within his mind and body. Not memories, no. But the flow of magic itself, from his heart and into his hooves, eyes, and wings.

He became aware of a sensation he was unfamiliar with, but he welcomed it into himself. It was a light, fluttering sensation, yet so much more. He couldn't possibly identify it, as he had never experienced it himself.

Phineas had never known love.

Now he did.

To Be Continued...