• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 898 Views, 7 Comments

Black Mirror - Electuroo



Two great forces of darkness rapidly descending to the two worlds, the mirrors either hold the key to salvation or the fall of Equus and Earth, to either Nilrem the dark wizard or the Black Phoenix of the Black Flames.

  • ...
6
 7
 898

MRE Adventure Chapter 1 – Read it and Weep Retake

The MRE Adventure

Chapter 1 – Read it and Weep Retake

Rainbow Dash was coming too from events that unfolded, her vision was blurry and the voices she heard muffled with the sound of beeping. The last very moment she remembered was crashing into something at high speeds and the world instantly going black in an flash of light.

“Is she gonna be okay?” The first first was Applejack's

Second was Fluttershy's. “Oh, I'm so worried!”

And the next gave Rainbow Dash a strange sense of Deja vu as Pinkie Pie spoke. “Is her face gonna stay that way?”

Rainbow Dash groans shaking her head and rubbing it with a hoof as the vision finally clears. “Oh man that was some ride... I hoped it worked.”

“If you mean doing stunts very low to the ground and crashing into the ground. No.” Twilight responded then turn to Doctor Stable. “How is she, doctor?”

Rainbow Dash was surprised at first by the first comment and gazed at her right wing now taking notice the bandages. “What a second this injury, this room. Everything is when I had that accident a year or so back!”

Doctor Stable looking at her x-ray replied turning to Rainbow Dash and her friends. “She's going to be fine. Luckily she has friends like you who got her over here in a jiffy.”

“Let me guess, a few days right?” Rainbow Dash said in a blunt tone to Doctor Stable.

He stared at the charts hanging on the front of the bed and back at her. “Indeed yes.”

Rainbow Dash sighs. “At least I am not going to freak out and say something about climbing walls...” She mutters turning her eyes away.

Pinkie Pie came to her bed side in a instant. “Ooh, just like a spider!” She turns to Doctor Stable. “Did the crash somehow give her super-duper spider powers?”

Doctor Stable shook his head. “Nnnno, nor did it give her amazing healing powers. She needs to stay in bed for a few days.” He replied and walks out the room.

Am I seriously dreaming on what!? This can't be really happening! I just flew faster then I ever before to save...” Her eyes shrunk in a second of that thought came to a crashing halt. “No no no NO NO!” Rainbow Dash was in a panic.

Fluttershy shyly smiled to her friend in bed. “It's not so bad, Rainbow Dash.”

Applejack spoke afterwards. “I bet the chow in here is hoof-lickin' good.”

Rainbow Dash stares at her. “You mean tasting like it been in some mouth wash?”

“Point taken.” Applejack couldn't disagree. “It sound like yer been in hospital before.”

“A few times. No biggy.” Rainbow Dash shrugged. “And Pinkie don't disturb the pony behind that curtain he needs more rest then I do.”

Pinkie Pie froze in mid position as she was to pull it. “How did you know?”

Rainbow Dash tap her left ear. “My machine not the only thing beeping.”

“Oh yeah!” She giggled.

Rarity pulls up the gown with her magic. “And the hospital gowns, they...match the curtains!”

Give me strength! I need to get out of here and find Electuroo!” She turn away from the girls covering herself up. “I flew faster then I ever flew before! Whatever I hit interfered! Those that mean...”

A tap on her side caught Rainbow Dash's attention. Turning and lifting herself up she saw the book beside her. Picking it up she read the title out loud. “'Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone'”

“This is the first story in the series. I own all of them.” Twilight squees

Rainbow Dash was about to say she read it already but something was amiss, she could feel it deep inside. Remembering what Electuroo had told her once she had to play it safe till she get a completely understanding on what just happened then leaping into it blindly.

“No thanks. I so don't read. I'm a world-class athlete. Reading's for eggheads like you, Twilight. Heh, no offence, but I am not reading. It's undeniably, unquestionably, uncool.” Rainbow Dash played out her line perfectly trying to not laugh at the expense of Twilight's reaction.

They all talking about how good to read the book and Rainbow with a hoof over her mouth trying not to laugh with gasps of giggles escaping. They all looked bewailed by her reaction but before they could question her, the nurse came in.

Nurse Red Heart comes in. “All right, my little ponies. Rainbow Dash needs her rest. You'll have to come back tomorrow.”

The girls leave not before Twilight said to Rainbow using her magic to put the book on the table side. “I think you'd like Daring. She's a lot like you. Adventurous, fierce, and undeniably, unquestionably, unstoppable.” Then she leaves.

Rainbow Dash burst into a fit of laughter not able to contain herself any longer. “Oh hahaha man! Hahaha that was so hahaha awesome!” She catches her breath and pick up the book with her mouth and place it before her. “I know that all too well Twilight.” Rainbow Dash lift it up with her hooves and open it.

A few hours past as she reads, her mind plays through the final moments still and very worried about what happened to the pony she tried to restore back to life with an gamble of super speed flight. Nurse Red Heart enters making Rainbow raise her head up with surprise to see the nurse. “Rainbow Dash. I know visiting hours are over but I have a Soarin of the Wonderbolts here to see you.”

“Wait what?” Rainbow's words escaped her mouth. “Soarin? Why would he be here to see me?”

“I do not have a clue, if you do not wish to see him I will-”

“No!” Rainbow Dash cut off the nurse with an outburst of one word. “I mean... No it fine.”

“Ok, I will let him in.” Nurse Red Heart leaves and a short time later the snow white blue stallion with navy blue mane and tail without a uniform or flight suit on enters.

I was suppose to play this bucking safe! Soarin shouldn't even be here, not after a small accident like this! What the buck going on!? I might have slip things that happened in the past but this is one of these moments I would of remembered. So this must mean something different! Something must of happened to cause Soarin the co-captain of the Wondeerbolts to be here to see me out of visiting hours!” Rainbow Dash realised in thought she was thinking through so much, so fast trying to figure out why this was different as the stallion continue his walk to her bed.

Gah! Electuroo you and your non-stop over explaining things! You making me sound like an egghead!”

Rainbow Dash thinking out as Soarin's hooves moved till the stallion was just in front of her bed and the sound of the clop clip clop came to a silent end. “I like to say first of all to thank you Rainbow Dash for saving mine and the others a few months ago at the Young Fliers Contest.”

Rainbow Dash waved it off with an off. “It no big deal, I did what I had to save not only my friend Rarity but you and others too.” Rainbow Dash started to brag but thought about Electuroo and what she did to try and save him, if that work that is. “Winning the contest was awesome and I was so happy about it but taking time to think about it, winning wasn't the reason I did the Sonic Rainboom, I did it to do the right thing.”

Soarin open his right wing up turning his head around to pick up with his mouth a envelope placing it on his hoof. “Hmm, that odd. You seem to be acting different to when you was briefly with us after the contest. I would of thought you want an autograph or something.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “No thanks I'm good.” She then had to ask. “What in the wide world of Equestria got you to come and talk to me at night during off peak visiting hours?” She sat up in bed putting the book to the side.

“Spitfire suggested it.” Soarin gave the envelope to Rainbow Dash. “She said it be best to bring this and talk to you after visiting hours because of what happened this morning.”

“This morning?” Rainbow Dash knew the accident happened around that time and she knew more about what was going to happen before it happen. Even if some of the things have changed already.

Soarin answers the question. “A strange event happened over the Wonderbolt Academy, a rip of rainbow light appeared as if the sky itself was ripped open!” Soarin stand on his hind legs with his front hooves press together and spread out to make out the action sound it too. “With an whoosh! The whole academy shook! Then as it closed up with an yellow Pegasus falling from the sky! It took Fleetfoot and Rapidfire to save him!”

Rainbow Dash quickly open up the envelope up and pulled out a photo. It was of an yellow pony in the bed. “Electuroo!” Rainbow Dash yelled in surprise.

Soarin had settled back down on his front hooves. “He was muttering in his sleep your name, that why I was asked to come at night. Because interestingly when he woke for a brief moment he said something about dying in your hooves.” Soarin looking rather serious now on the subject that brought up.

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes taking an rather deep breath of air and exhaling it. “I was told that something unknowing would happen, didn't expect a rip in the sky and I waking up as my past self...”

“Erm... Come again?” Soarin rubbing the inside of one of his ears. “I thought I'd just heard you speak of you causing the rip and being something of you in your past self.”

“That exactly what I said...” Rainbow Dash deadpaned in reply giving him an serious look.

Soarin lower his hoof in surprise. “How in Equestria made you think tearing a hole in the sky was a good idea!?”

“I didn't know that was going to happen ok! I was holding Electuroo in my forelegs! He died in them! Then I was told by my friends and those around me to take a leap of faith and do it!” Rainbow Dash snapped back at Soarin. “Talking to you right now isn't even suppose to even happen! That how bucked up things are when you do something by chance! I flew so fast that I could see double, no multiple versions of myself!”

Soarin blinked a few times upon the words that sunk in. “Wow... Ok so... How do you think to fix it?”

“I just react as it all like it normally did happen and then in a few days time you can pick me up on a cloud and take me to the Academy to see Electuroo for myself. We cool with that?”

“Why not fly?”

“Because I be bucking grounded for another two days after tomorrow and the next that why!” Rainbow shouted at him. “And here one reason I know this! Shining Armor planning to get married to Princess Cadance in a few months time.” She spoke calmly at the end with a sly smirk.

Soarin was baffled. “Are you sure? I haven't heard nothing about it.” Soarin rubbed his head a little with a hoof.

Rainbow Dash crossed her forelegs not letting the sly smirk go. “Just ask Princess Celestia if they plan on getting married.”

“Ok sure...” Soarin turn to leave. “So two days time I come back to bring you to this Electuroo.”

“Yep.”

“One more question...”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Why does he have very similar mane and eye colour to the previous captain of the Wonderbolts?” Rainbow Dash looked at him with confusion as he said it. “Have a look his photo inside, Lightning Strikeer very much look alike to him, because of that we took a feather to run a DNA test to see if they related.” With that Soarin left the room.

Rainbow Dash pull out the photo and stares at the orange stallion on it. “Sweet Celestia...”

The rest of the time in hospital to the chase happened as she planned and even making herself look silly twice, with some help from Fluttershy she got back home and chilled out to await for Soarin to arrive reading on her bed another Daring Do book to pass the time.

Morning came on day of Soarin's return, he knocked upon the door and Rainbow Dash answered it. “Hi Soarin.”

“Hey Rainbow Dash, I don't know how but you was right! It even surprised Princess Celestia and Luna! Spitfire had Electuroo moved and taken to Canterlot last night.”

“What why!?”

“I-I can't say... I was just told to bring you there as well. Somepony else showed up in the middle of Canterlot going by the name of Merlin.”

Rainbow Dash gasped loudly. “Whoa whoa whoa! You mean the old wizard Merlin! That Merlin?”

Soarin nods. “I believe so, the unicorn got some weird magic. Specially that weird bag of his!” Soarin answered flapping his wings and fly over to a cloud. “I will take you the long way around Ponyville so no pony will see us.”

Rainbow Dash nods. “Yeah... Let's get this over with before I regret being helped to fly to Canterlot...” She walk up to the cloud getting on it. “And also manage to keep things on track for now.”

Soarin didn't bother to ask what she meant and pushed the cloud she was on away from her home towards Canterlot. With all that happened in two days things really gotten a bit more interesting and rather confusing for this one Wonderbolt to handle.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating this for so long, been caught up in other things that came to mind and testing out how far they go including working on my Zaps Apple Story as well. Hope you all enjoy the coming chapters.

And this story never been proof read so sorry if you find any mistakes, this story just purely to read and of my own creation without any aid, being my first story continued over from Through the Looking Glass.

Hope you all have an great summer!

-Electuroo