• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 756 Views, 4 Comments

Pony Creed: - happyfuntimebrony

  • ...
 4
 756

Crystal's story: Part 1

The sky was a strange purple color that seemed to radiate from the nearby Castle De Discord. For being one of the smaller cities in Luna’s Empire, Actin was a lively city. Being a town that was in-between the half destroyed remains of Discords old stronghold and Luna’s new castle it was an ideal place for traveler that were going to ether places to stop and rest and an even more ideal place for the Courtesans to flourish. Cristal was feeling nerves. Even before entering town she could tell it was going to have trouble finding the guides members in all people.

As she was walking she felt somepony land beside her. “Hello pretty lady” said a black coat, silver mane Pegasus. “NIGHT SILVER” cheered Crystal as she gave him a hug “What are you doing here.” Blushing Night Silver returned the hug “Well I delivered Chancers message to the Princess and was told to help you guys as much as I can an since Chancer didn’t say where he was going and there’s no way I could get into Celestia’s territory let allow Ponyvilla without running into somepony I know and being caught I decided to help you.” Looking up at her friend with a smile “Thanks Silver I was a little nerves coming here on my own.” “Well shall we?” asked Night Silver offering Crystal his hoof. “Yes lets.”
As they were walking Night Silver noticed a group of hooded ponies fallowing them. Ducking his head closer to Crystal “I think we have company.” “What?” said Crystal as she peered over her shoulder. Just as she did another hooded pony appeared in front of them. “Follow me and no harm shall come to ether of you” said the mysteries hooded pony. “And if we don’t?” asked Night Silver stepping in between her and Crystal. “Please we mean you no harm, we know why you are here and we wish to help.” said a large hooded stallion standing behind them showing them an emblem on his wrist that matched the emblem on Crystal’s hidden blade. “You’re an assas…” Crystal began before having a hoof shoved in her face. “Sssh… Do you want to blow our cover? Just follow us and we will explain.” said the Mare that was in front of them as she gestures to an alley.

As they entered the alley they saw a broken door. “What happened here?” asked Crystal. “Templars, that’s what happened.” said the mysteries hooded pony removing her hood. “YOU’R A ZEBRA!!!” said Crystal surprised to see a zebra this far north. “Ya what of it and the names Kira.” said the Zebra. “Don’t mind her; she’s just mad that a Templar knocked her out before their main attack force attacked, my name is Zulu.” Said the large stallion removing his hood to revile he was also a zebra. Looking around Cristal and Night Silver saw that all but three of the hooded ponies were zebras. One of the others was a Pegasus and the other two weren’t ponies at all but young buffalo’s. “Tribal Mercenaries.” said Night Silver. “That is correct, all but I are mercenaries.” replied Zulu. “If you’re not a mercenary then what are you?” asked Cristal. “Ain’t it overuse you twit he’s an Assassin!” barked Kira. “Kira that’s not how we treat guests!” scolded Zulu giving her a glare. “Whatever, I’m going to scout the front. Zulu’s with me!” said Kira as the lead the rest of the group outside.

“Sorry about that, she’s been that way since she was a little filly.” said Zulu. “Why did she call her groups Zulu?” asked Crystal. “Before I became an assassin I was the leader of that group and I named it the Zulu Mercenaries, that sis of mine just didn’t want to change the name just because I wasn’t in it anymore.” replied Zulu. “SHE’S YOUR SISTER!!!” yelled Crystal in surprise. Blushing Crystal lowered her head “Sorry.” (I really need to stop yelling.) “It’s ok and yes she’s my sister.” Replied Zulu once again. “Not to interrupt or anything but you still haven’t told us what happened here.” chimed in Night Silver. “Where should I start? First the Tribal Mercenaries were told that no matter the contract that they were to return to they’re designated name areas, their tribes land. Now that has never happened. The Tribal Lands have a code and that is to complete their contract no matter what, but we also have to listen to the Master Chieftain, Zecora, and she was the one how gave that order herself.” explained Zulu. “What about you?” asked Crystal.

Zulu looked at Crystal with concerned “I’m not part of the Tribal Lands now. I’m guessing that you weren’t told; once you become an assassin you give up your nationality and beliefs, luckily we don’t have to completely give up our connections with our home land and are allowed to hire mercenary’s so I was able to stay close to my sister and friends by hiring them for missions.” “I’m sure that’s is all fascinating but you still haven’t told us what happened here.” Said Night Silver a little annoyed about all the interruptions. “Oh come on Silvyyy.” said Crystal with puppy dog eyes. “Well… i… fine.” Night Silver said turning his head to hide his blushing face. “No he’s right. I can explain all this to you latter. The Templars are smarter and better supplied then we thought. The night of the attack half of them were disguised as assassins and while the other half attacked the front they snuck in the back and pretended to be reinforcements and attacked from the rear. I was only spared because I was mistaken as a mercenary and was told to go to the other side of town and await order to attack the assassins. I thought that I could use this to my advantage sense the only mercenaries left in town were the Zulu’s and we could attack them when they lest expected it. I didn’t even find out till the next day that we were all tricked and all of my assassin friends were dead.”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU INFORM YOUR COMRADS WHEN YOU FIRST FOUND OUT OF THIS.” yelled Night Silver ask he hit Zulu sending him sparling to the floor. As Zulu got back to his feet Kira flying through the air “DON’T YOU DARE HIT MY BROTHER” hollered Kira as she lanes a double flying hoof kick to the back of Night Silvers head. (Here we go again.) thought Crystal facehoofing herself as she goes to break up the fight. After the fight was broken up a question popped into Crystals head. “How did you know that I was an assassin?” “John Boy told us that you were coming.” replied Zulu as he held the still fuming Kira. “Wait, isn’t that one of the assassins that helped Chancer kill Discord and that Ponytory is looking for, how did he know… well anything?” asks Night Silver. “I don’t think anyone knows how he does it.” replied Zulu.

End of Chapter 3