• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 7,496 Views, 231 Comments

A new Discord - Galaxy Knight



This isn't a story about a reformed or even a changed Discord, this is what happens when someone gets a hold of Discord's powers. Contains many references to TV, anime, video games, movies etc.

  • ...
45
 231
 7,496

Nightmare saga: Dream bank heist

Chapter 12

I’ve had many strange dreams in my life, but the one I was having now was among the worst, I could only see flashes of a cohesive scene pass before me but I managed to piece together what was going on. I saw me, I was at Sugar Cube Corner and I was with Pinkie Pie, no pony else seemed to be there. I see her face was scrunched up like she was struggling, was she hurt? No we seem to be moving some big piece of furniture, a bed I think. We place it in her room; we have sweat on our faces, we’re both tired after carrying it up stairs and feel like napping. We both fall on the bed, Pinkie seems to be jumping up and down on the bed while I just lay there, she seems like she’s having a good time….maybe a little too much. Wait, what’s this, whipped cream? I wouldn’t put it past Pinkie to bring a dessert into her bed, geez there’s so much…wait.

All those events seemed to flash by in a second and I awoke slightly startled. I looked around the room realizing the events were a dream and was relieved…until I saw someone pitched a tent last night.

I got up out of bed and saw this bright orange foldable tent standing in the middle of my bedroom.

“What the heck is this doing here? I don’t remember pitching a tent last night.”

I folded it up and put in the plastic container it came in and then placed that container in my closet.

“Now what about that dream I had last night? I haven’t had ones like that since…oh no.”

I put on my clothes for the day and headed towards my VR room, it may be mostly for training but I can still reshape it with a single thought. I walked into the all-white room hoping it would help me find some answers since it was enchanted to do practically everything and anything I needed.

“Computer.” I addressed the room and it suddenly seemed to come to life, I could hear a buzzing sound and the walls seemed to glow a brighter white. “I need a medical examination, bring up a doctor with the holographic interface.”

I waited for a few seconds for the room to begin materializing a doctor type person, unfortunately when it was done it gave me Dr. Robotnik.

“Eh good try but I was actually looking for a medical doctor, not a mad scientist doctor. Try someone else.”

The image disappeared and a new one began to construct, it wasn’t until it was fully formed that I saw that the room had chosen David Tennant to be my doctor.

“Ah that’s much better, hello.” He waved at me.

“David, good to see you.” I said happily, I liked this doctor.

“Oh I’m not David, I’m just a picture to be used as an interface for the holographic image program, the room saw that you liked this image very much in your mind and since I technically am a doctor it seemed appropriate.”

I nodded my head, understanding the process. “Right well, I need a medical examination so could you do that for me please?”

“Of course, beginning bio scans, please hold still.”

I stood perfectly still and a light came down from the ceiling and I could feel it penetrating my body. It was over in about a minute.

“All right, tests are complete just give me a second to bring up your files.”

He swiped his hand and suddenly a kind of holographic board of information came up displaying some symbols I couldn’t make out (Man, I didn’t know that I could make something this complex with my magic I must be better at this than I thought, or at the very least crazier than I thought)

Finally he seemed to be done. “All right here are your results: you’re a pretty good height and weight for your age, you’re keeping your cholesterol down, your magical levels are fairly high but I suppose that’s to be expected from a draconequus.”

“Thanks doc but what about that dream I had last night?”

“Hmm.” He pondered, continuing to look at the data. “Ah here’s the problem.”

“What is it?”

“A few days ago when you ingested that aging potion your body aged 3 years faster than it normally would have. Your body was able to compensate because of its high magic capacities but your human mindset and physiology still had to catch up with it so that’s basically three years of hormones condensed all at once. To put it bluntly my friend you’re…backed up.”

“Ah.” I said picking up on his less than subtle metaphor.

“Yes, that explains an increase in aggression levels, craziness, competitiveness, and well… desires.”

“All right, thanks. See you later David, computer end program.”

He slowly began to disappear and I walked out of the room and walked down the hall.

“Alright, the doctor said that my hormones are a little out of whack. That’s it, nothing else, there’s no other possible reason for this right? Right?”

As I began to ponder over this something jumped out at me. “Arrgh!”

I was startled as Screwball jumped out of nowhere in a pirate costume with a wooden sword in her mouth. “Screwball, you scared me.”

She giggled. “That was the point silly; I was trying to scare you.”

“Oh well mission accomplished. But tell me, where did you find that pirate costume?”

“Oh, I looked in my closet this morning and I saw that it was filled with dresses and shoes and costumes, they looked really fun so I decided to try one on.”

“Hm, the house must have put a random selection of clothes in their based on what we like, I’d ask how it does that but you never look a gift horse in the mouth. Especially here where everyone is a horse.” “That sounds fair. You know I would look really cool as a pirate to.”

She looked at me suspiciously. “Riiiiiight…of course you would.”

“I would! Watch, I’m gonna go put on some pirate clothes, be right back.”

I ran into my room to get changed; I summoned a pirate shirt, hat, vest, pants, and boots. To go for extra authenticity I threw in a cutlass and two flintlock pistols. I looked at the gear I had laid out on the bed.

“Hm, these are all cool things but I still feel like I’m missing something. Something important, something a ton of pirates have.” Then I looked at both my hands and it hit me. “A hook for a hand! Of course, all the best pirates have hooks on at least one of their hands. I need to fix this.”

I snapped my fingers and summoned a chair and a small wooden table, on which was a hook and a butcher’s knife. I sat down in the chair and picked up the knife.

“All right, this should be fairly simple just chop off my left hand and put a hook on there. If it doesn’t work I can probably just regenerate it right?”

I exhaled, took the knife in my right hand and prepared to do this. “Okay, 1…2…”

Before I could finish Luna burst into my room. “Will! Will! I have something very important to tell you and…are you trying to chop off your own hand?”

I looked nervously and stood up to face her, putting the hand with the knife behind my back. “Um…no. What do you want?” I asked pointing the hand with the knife at her accusingly, then putting it back behind my back after realizing what I was doing.

Luna dismissed the problem. “Look we have a problem. Last night I was out in the dreamscape, making sure that no ponies where in trouble and then I went to check on you and I came across…your dream.”

I could feel my face blush. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Luna giggled, but not in a funny way almost like a pity kind of way. “Don’t be like that; it’s perfectly natural and it happens to all of us at one point or another.”

“Ha ha ha, shut up. Anyways, is this going anywhere?” I asked a bit annoyed that she would barge into my house like this.

“Yes, you see there’s this place called the dream bank where we store certain good, bad, or helpful dreams for ponies that are incapable of dreaming. In your case I decided to…save it for later viewing but to do that I needed to fill out a form and…”

“And?”

“Instead of checking off save to file I may have it…send to party involved.”

I was confused. “I don’t understand, what’s the problem? I was in it, so it should come back to me.”

She paused a bit. “Not exactly. You see we have this system where if a dream was already sent from you so it can’t go back to you, it has to go to the other party involved, in this case…Pinkie Pie.”

Now I saw her error and I may have overreacted. “WHAT? Luna, do you have any idea what you’ve done? If Pinkie sees that dream she’s going to get confused, she’ll see me in a different light than before, this could possibly destroy our friendship!”

Luna looked at me with hurt in her eyes. “I’m sorry.”

I exhaled, relieving my stress. I knew she didn’t do it on purpose and I suppose I would have to forgive her. “You know what we have to do know right?” I said

“Put down the knife, accept my apology, and pretend like this never happened?” Luna said with a nervous smile.

“Yes…what? No! I meant no! Well, maybe the first one.” I put the knife down on the table. “No, we need to break into the dream bank and take back my dream before Pinkie gets a hold of it.”

“We can’t just break into the dream factory, especially since I’m in charge of the factory and Celestia would kill me if something happened.” Luna said, not wanting to help me.

“Don’t worry Luna, if I’m careful we can sneak into the factory, take the dream, and get out before any pony even notices that it’s missing.”

Luna was still hesitant. “Eh, I still don’t know if this is the right thing to do.”

I started to lose my patience. “All right let me put it this way, if you don’t help me Luna I will come into your dreams and I will haunt you for the rest of your days.”

Luna shrugged off my threat. “Oh please, I’ve been around for much longer than you; I doubt that you could scare me.”

Suddenly, the lights in the room began to flicker in an erratic pattern, as if they were losing power. I decided to set the scene to demonstrate how serious I was.

“Poor choice of words Luna.”

As darkness filled the room I began a metamorphosis, not a quick transformation like before because I wanted Luna to really experience terror. I grew much larger than normal and began bloating up, my skin became pinkish and cracked, filled with multiple pours and tentacles. As the transformation finished the room was completely dark and all Luna could hear was some low groans from right in front of her. Quickly the lights turned on and I screamed a high pitch scream and revealed my most horrible form: the brood mother from Dragon Age Origins.

Luna was in absolute horror as she saw the beast in front of her. “AH! Oh gods it’s horrible, make it stop! Please, make it stop!”

As she cowered in a corner of the room with her hooves in front of her eyes I quickly changed back to normal, full on body transformations are fairly draining and I didn’t want to use up all my magic for the day. Luna peeked from behind her hooves and saw that I was back to normal.

“So will you help me now?” I asked

“Never… ever do that again and then yes, I will help you.”

I clapped my hands together. “Excellent.” I put one arm across my chest and bowed. “You have my word as a gentleman that I shall never take that form again.”

“I only hope so.” Luna shivered as she got up. “It will be no easy task to get to the dream factory; it literally exists inside the dreamscape so we have to travel there by falling asleep.”

“Well, that should be no trouble. I made my way into the dreamscape one I can do it again.”

Luna shook her head. “It’s not that simple, the dreamscape is huge and no pony stumbles across the factory by accident, you’ll need me to guide you there and the only way for that to happen is if our minds are joined together, and that only happens if we…sleep in roughly the same place at the same time.”

I felt my eyes widen a bit. “Oh, I see. Well I’ve got a fairly comfortable bed here and it’s more than big enough for two ponies, even larger ones like ourselves, so I think we should be fine.”

We walked over towards the bed.

“Alright how do you want to do this?” Luna asked.

“I think the rule is ladies first. So you get comfortable on one side of the bed and I’ll be on the other.”

She nodded and climbed in, choosing to lie down on her side. I got in next to her and lay on my back facing the celling. As we lay there Luna turned to face me.

“Doesn’t sleeping like that make you uncomfortable?” She asked

“No, we humans have much more flexible spines than horse so we can lie on our backs comfortably. Besides, this takes up less space than me on my side and I didn’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

“Oh no I am quite comfortable, this bed is very soft.”

“Thank you, it’s filled with one half clouds and one half feathers so it’s very easy to fall asleep in. Now then, what happens after we fall asleep?”

“We should appear in roughly the same spot once we’re in the dreamscape. From there I can guide you to the dream factory; you’ll break in, grab the dream, and get out as fast as you can.”

“Alright, sleep well.” I turned off the lights and closed my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes later…

“Will…Will, wake up!”

I was jolted awake by Luna’s voice, I opened my eyes and I saw that I was surrounded by darkness again so I knew that I was in the dreamscape.

“Geez you’re a heavy sleeper, it took me around two minutes to get you awake.”

I got up from the ground and stood up. “Sorry, I’m a sound sleeper.” I looked down at myself and saw that I was still wearing clothes. “Why is it whenever I go into the dream world I’m always wearing clothes? Not that I’m complaining but it does seem a bit odd.”

“Well it’s because-“Luna thought about it for a second but couldn’t come up with an answer. “Huh, I honestly don’t know.”

“Never mind, how do we get to this dream factory?” I asked

“I don’t know exactly where it is because the dreamscape is so huge but I can point us in the right direction.”

Luna focused and her horn began to glow, she began pointing it in several directions like a metal detector. Eventually she stopped and pointed in one direction. “There, it’s that way.”

“Any idea how far it is?”

“Far, at least five miles.”

“That’s too far, we need some transportation.”

I snapped my fingers and summoned a motorcycle and two helmets for us, Luna looked at the motorcycle with confusion.

“What?” I asked. “Oh right it’s too small for the two of us, I can fix that.”

I put my hand over it and the motorcycle started to glow, then it grew six feet longer.

“There that should be enough for the two of us.”

I put on my helmet then took my seat at the front of the bike, I saw Luna just standing there not knowing what to do.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s get going.”

“Sorry it’s just…I’m not quite sure how we’re supposed to ride this thing.”

“Oh for pete’s sake.” I didn’t feel like explaining anything to Luna so I just used my telekinesis to bring her to the bike and sit her in an upright position then put the helmet on her head.

I revved up the engine and we started racing forward in the direction Luna was pointing. Thankfully there were no other cars here so I didn’t have to be as careful driving as people normally would on a crowded road. While we were driving I looked behind me and saw that Luna was wobbling a bit, she was probably having a hard time not falling off at these high speeds.

“You could hold on to me if that’ll help you.” I told her.

Then I felt a pair of hooves wrap around my torso.

“Thank you.” I heard Luna say

“No problem, you’ve never ridden a vehicle like this one before so it’s only natural that you’d have some troubles.”

She nodded. “I’ve never seen something like this before.”

“Humans are much more advanced than ponies, and to compensate for our lack of magic and flight we’ve invented devices that make life easier. We used metal and fossil fuels to create things that allow us to travel from one point to another faster than walking like this motorcycle, it’s fast, light weight, and highly maneuverable.”

“My word, it would take us decades to invent something like this.”

“Maybe longer than that, from what I’ve seen you ponies never really had to adapt. Once you were set on one way of life you stuck to it whereas humans needed to constantly change and evolve to our environments. Although you must have some kind of technological advancements I mean you do have that television and the Xbox.”

“Uhm, yes that…”

Something about her answer felt odd; like she was hiding something from me I need to look into that. Suddenly she looked much more alert like she was surprised.

“What is it?” I asked

“Were coming up on the dream bank, it should be just ahead.”

As we kept going I could see the factory from a distance away and it was getting closer, it was a fairly big building but I didn’t think I could just walk in the front door. Then I saw there was a large roof as well and I knew how to get us inside stealthily.

“Alright, Luna I have a plan to get us inside but when I say so I need you to spread your wings and fly.”

“What?” She asked

“Hold on!” I revved the bike up to maximum speed and snapped my fingers to summon a ramp down the way.

“Is that a ramp?” Luna asked nervously.

“Yep, say weeeeeeeeee”

“Aaaaaaaaaaah!” Luna screamed as we reached the ramp and we flew into the air flying at great neck speeds. As we reached our peak height I dissipated the motorcycle and we both spread our wings gliding onto the top of the roof and landing with a small thud.

“I told you I could get us there quickly.” I spoke to Luna, however I couldn’t see her. I turned around and saw that she was still shaking and latching on to me for dear life. “You can let go now Luna, we’ve come to a complete stop.”

“Huh? Oh right, right.” She realized we were on the roof and let go of me, brushing it off like it was nothing. “So, what do we do know?”

“Well now that we’re on the roof I’ll just punch my way through it and we’ll be inside.”

I punched the roof but instead of it breaking I felt a very bad and stinging pain.

“Ow!” I shook my hand in the air to dull the pain. “What is this thing made of?”

“Stone mostly.”

"Hm, note to self: Need to increase strength of punches." I thought to myself.

I snapped my fingers and summoned a small laser pen. “Well, because this roof hurt my hand it’s going to get lasered.”

I used the laser to make a fairly big hole in the roof, big enough for the both of us to slip through easily, as I finished making the hole the large block of stone I cut out fell to the floor but before it could hit it I grabbed it with my telekinesis and brought it back up here.

“There we are, don’t want that getting us caught. Let’s go.”

We both jumped into the hole and landed on the ground silently.

“Wow this place has surprisingly low security.” I said, surprised something hadn’t happened yet.

“Well yeah, I mean who would want to rob a dream bank?” Luna asked.

“Us apparently.”

“Oh right.”

The room was filled with rows upon rows of bottles stacked upon shelves; I’m guessing that inside those bottles are the dreams.

“Alright we’ve just have to find my dream, should be easy enough.”

I picked up one of the bottles and looked inside, I saw a green pegasus swimming with dolphins in the ocean. “Ah! Not this one.”

I picked up another one and was treated to a dream about frosting. “Not this one either.”

“You know there are labels on these right?” Luna said matter of factly.

I didn’t realize this. “Well I…I can’t be fucked to ‘read’ right now Luna, there’s no time.”

“If you say so.” Then she wandered off to go look through more of the bottles.

I kept looking through all of the bottles in the room until I came across one with a very special label that read “Lulamoon, Trixie”

“Trixie’s dreams eh? My brain has just hatched a devious idea.”

As I was plotting Luna came back having found the right bottle. “Will, I found it and…oh sister, what are you doing with that?”

“Luna, how mad do you think someone would be if they wanted a dream and they ended up with one of my horrible nightmares?” I laughed a bit to myself about the whole situation. “I have to do this man, it’s too funny.”

She looked at me with a sense of disdain. “Yes Will you’re a riot, go ahead and ruin someone’s good night sleep.”

I pointed at her. “That’s the plan, just give me like three minutes to step into this closet and cook up a good nightmare.”

Now she had a look of disbelief. “What? Seriously, three minutes to fall asleep?”

“It’s still the middle of the day it takes a little bit longer for me to fall asleep at that time. Now shut up and watch the door while I head into this broom closet.”

I walked into the closet and propped myself up ready to take a nap.

“Ugh I can’t believe I’m guarding a door while you’re having a nap behind me.”

“Yeah Luna, I was really hoping to break into a dream bank today, get some perspective.”

As Luna was watching the door she could hear a guard coming by and he took notice of her presence. “Freeze!”

“Oh no.” She thought to herself, worried she had been caught

“You think you can just walk in here and make off with all the dreams tough guy? Well you just…” the guard shined his flashlight on Luna and immediately recognized who she was. “Oh your highness, I’m terribly sorry for yelling at you like that.”

Luna sighed with relief. “It’s quite alright you were just doing your job and I’m doing mine. Just checking up on the dreams and making sure that they…smell nice.”

I walked out of the closet not knowing what was going on. “Okay I’m done-wait what the hell? Why weren’t you watching the door?”

“What were you doing in that closet?” The guard asked me.

“Why don’t you mind your own business?” I replied snappily

“Protecting the dreams is my business!”

“Ugh fine buddy you got me, take it.” I threw him the bottle with the nightmare in it and he caught it with his hooves. As he opened the bottle to examine it I got close to Luna and whispered “Hold on” in her ear. Then I grabbed her and snapped my fingers, teleporting us away from here and back to where we had begun.

As the guard looked into the jar he saw the most horrible nightmare I could concoct, filled with gore, death, plagues, skin being torn from bodies, and death all around. He screamed as he saw it and fell to the ground.

“You two are in-” He looked up and saw that we were gone. “Oh shit.”

When we reappeared back at the spot we began at we cheered for ourselves.

“Ha ha yes! I can’t believe we pulled that off!” I said joyously.

“We my friend just robbed a dream bank!” Luna said, probably happy that we didn’t get caught

“Ain’t nothing that gets between us and dreams. Woo!”

“They thought they could keep their dreams from us? Ha, guess again.”

“Yeah, we just…we just broke into a building to steal…dreams. Wow I could have gotten arrested for that, didn't even consider it.” I said, realizing that I just sort of rushed into something without really thinking about it. (A theme that will occur constantly as my adventure continues)

Luna laughed. “Don’t worry, you’d only be in the dungeon for about a year if you got caught, but that’s a drop in the bucket compared to how long you could be in there. Besides I could have arrested you at any time back there but I didn’t because this kind of was my fault and I felt bad. And…”

She stopped in mid-sentence. “And?”

“That was one of the most exhilarating things I've done in a while.” She said honestly

“Ha, yep nothing like a little thievery to get your blood pumping.”

“Indeed, and now that that’s done you can have your dream back.” She tossed me the bottle and I put it in my pocket. “Well while this has been fun I’d better get back to Canterlot, my sister will begin to question where I am.”

Luna closer her eyes trying to wake up but when she tried she couldn't do it.

“Why can’t I wake up?” She questioned

I raised my hand. “That would be my fault.”

She looked at me seriously. “What did you do?”

“Before we came in here you said that our minds needed to be joined together, to sync up as it were. Well, if two minds were working together in one body then that means you can’t move one leg unless both of them want to do it. In other words, you’re stuck here because I’m forcing you to stay here.”

“What? Why would you do that?” She asked

“Because of your nightmares Luna, you've been having them for over a week now and whenever I try to talk to you about them you change the subject on me. So when you said we needed to bring our minds together I forged a plan to make you tell me so I can help you.”

Now Luna looked hurt. “Why would you do this to me? Don’t you think that maybe if I kept changing the subject that meant I didn't want to talk about this?”

I sighed; I knew this was going to be tough. “Luna, that’s the whole reason I’m trying to do this, by refusing to talk to me you’re refusing to help yourself. You need someone to talk to and I want to be that person no matter what.”

She wouldn't look at me. “You don’t understand, this is too personal. I don’t think I can talk about it with you.”

Man she was stubborn, I couldn't find a way to get her to tell me what was plaguing her…unless…

“Tell you what, how about we make a deal?”

This got her interests. “Hm? What kind of deal?”

“You said you haven’t told anypony what your nightmares are about right?”

“That’s correct.”

“Well then, if I tell you something about me that I've never told anypony before will you tell me what your nightmares are about?”

Luna considered it. “We shall see, first tell me your secret.”

“All right here we go.” I walked right up to her. “Before I do this I need you to keep an open mind because this may come as shocking.”

She nodded “I understand.”

“Here we go.” I opened my mouth wide enough that Luna could see my teeth.

“I-I don’t get it, all I’m looking at is your teeth and…” Then she looked closer and saw what I wanted to show her. “Oh my god, you have canines!”

“Yes Luna, I have canines and that means I’m a meat eater, in fact practically all humans eat meat. But before you freak out on me let me just say two things: one, I’ve been trying to cut back on the amount of meat I eat, I still need a little bit in my diet to keep me healthy but I barely if ever eat it now. Two, I would never kill an animal for its meat and I have never eaten horse nor would I even consider doing it.”

I looked at her and she seemed to have zoned out. “Are you okay?”

“Yes I am, it’s just… a bit much to take in.” She said, wrapped in thought.

“Do you feel any differently about me?”

“Other than I know this now…no.”

I smiled at her. “See? I trusted you with this information and you treated it very well, sometime it pays to tell things to people you trust because they can help you. Now Luna, do you trust me?”

“Okay…I’ll trust you.”

She closed her eyes and her mane began to flare up and energy began to pulse from her body. Then she opened her eyes and they glowed white. Soon the blackness around us began to fill up with color and shapes and I began to see a forest.

“For the past ten days I’ve been having nightmares, most of them are always the same: I see me in a forest from a first person perspective, I seem to be walking around aimlessly and whenever I come across something like an animal or a pony they seem to cower in fear of me and then they disappear or just walk away.”

I listened to her nightmare and made an analysis. “This could be stemming from your hatred of yourself for the thousand years that you were Nightmare Moon or because you think no one would want to be around you because of your intimidating stature.”

“For some reason even though these dreams don’t sound scary I always felt a sense of dread, like there was something dark here. This was the norm until about a week ago, now in my dreams I felt like I was taking them in the dead of night. Then at one point I even took a baby and then…”

“Then what?”

“I felt pain, lots of pain, faster than I could keep up with. At the end of it all I saw a blinding light and when I finally got a look at what was causing it I saw…you.”

I was shocked. “Me?”

“Now you see why I didn’t want to tell you. I was afraid that you would hate me because I thought you were a monster who would harm me.”

I moved in closer to console her. “Luna I’m not mad at you, everypony has nightmares, even you. I’ll admit I’m a little bit hurt that you thought I would…” Then something hit me. “Wait, you said you abducted a baby and then I killed you?”

“Yes.”

Now I was very shocked. “Luna…that actually happened.”

“What?”

“A few days ago Screwball got turned into a baby and then she was abducted by this shadow griffon creature and I killed it with my energy attacks.”

“That sounds awful, I hope she was okay.”

“Don’t worry Screwball didn't end up any worse for wear but why would you be having dreams about something that happened to someone else? Luna, have you had any more like this?”

“Yes…last night I was in this sort of swampy place and I saw a blue thing with spikes that stood on two legs, then I saw Twilight’s friend Rainbow Dash, and then there was this blinding light and an explosion and then I woke up.”

I thought about everything she said. “Luna, that happened to me yesterday, you’re having visions of my past.”

“But why? Why am I having these visions and these horrible feelings of pain and sorrow?” Luna said, sounding very sad

“I don’t know, I don’t understand magic very well but what I do know is that you shouldn’t feel this way.”

Now she looked at me perplexed. “Why?”

“Are you still evil now?” I asked

“No.”

“Did you pay for your mistakes while you were on the moon for a thousand years?”

"Yes.”

“Have you learned from your mistakes and devoted yourself to being a better pony?”

Now she looked happier. “Yes.”

“Then you shouldn't feel this way Luna, you deserve to be happy. A thousand years alone is more pain than anypony should have to endure and now that it's behind you you shouldn't remember that it happened, instead remember why it happened and I know you'll be on the right track.”

This made her smile; suddenly the landscape around us began to crack apart. “What’s happening?” I asked

“We’re waking up, you solved your problem and subconsciously took down the mental barrier that was keeping us both in here.” Luna explained

“So I guess our dream time is over then?”

She nodded. “Yes but I will remember what you did for me Will, thank you.”

I gave a small bow. “You’re welcome Luna, and I had a really fun time with you as well.”

The land completely disappeared and I could feel myself going back to my body. Pretty soon I found myself awake and back in my own bed, I rolled over and saw that Luna was still somewhat asleep and struggling to get up.

“Aw, that’s like me every morning, not wanting to get up.”

She stretched her hooves in the air and sat up from the bed, and then she slowly opened her eyes and saw that I was looking at her.

“Were you staring at me?” Luna said.

“Oh crap was I? I didn’t mean to, I’d better apologize.” “Sorry Luna I didn’t mean to stare at you, it’s not every day that someone wakes up to find a princess in their bed.”

She laughed. “True, true.” She removed the covers and got up from the bed. “I’d better get back to Canterlot; my sister has probably noticed that I’m missing by now.”

I got up from the bed as well. “No need, I’ll teleport you there.”

“That would be very kind of you Will, I appreciate it.”

“No problem, now hold still.”

I held up my hands and blue energy began to build around them, once it was large enough I shot it at Luna and it began to envelop her.

“Sorry, I’ve never tried teleporting someone else before so I chose a slower and more careful method just so you don’t end up with an extra anything on the other end.”

The energy finished building up and a portal appeared behind her and she began to go into it slowly.

“Oh one more thing before you go, catch.” I threw her the bottle with the dream in it and she caught it with her magic.

“Your dream bottle?” Luna asked

“I want you to have it, you helped me a lot today to get it back and you deserve to keep it.”

“You do realize what’s inside of it right?”

“Yeah I have a pretty good idea and all I ask is that you are responsible with it, plus if absolutely necessary you could use it as blackmail material.”

Before she disappeared I saw a great big smile on her face as she took the bottle with her. I was glad for her, this was the happiest I had seen her in a while, even happier than when we play games together. Then another thought came to me.

“Did I do the right thing there? Do I really trust Luna so much that I’d give her one of my most embarrassing items even after only knowing her a little while? Did I really have that dream on purpose? Do I really feel that?”

Before I could think about it any further I heard knocking at my door. I went to open it and saw Rainbow Dash.

“Hey Will, I’ve got about forty minutes before I have to be somewhere and I was wondering if maybe I could get some training in.”

“Yeah sure, come on in.”

I don’t even remember much of what I taught her that day, I was too preoccupied with my own worries. I had a lot to think about and soon things would only get more hectic.

Author's Note:

And that wraps up that. I hope you guys enjoyed that and I hope that you favorite, like, and comment on this story.

Also, I have a bit of sad news. You see I wrote these last few chapters ahead of time before I published the story so that I could get them out at a quick pace. Now i'm all caught up and I have to write all these new chapters from scratch. As such the time between chapters will be extended from 1 week to 2 weeks- a month. It may be a while but I promise that it will be worth it because next time the Nightmare Saga is in full swing and you will get answers about the events that have been going on.

Goodbye friends, and if you read on any other site i'll have you killed.