• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 3,781 Views, 196 Comments

Equestriancraft - Lionpaw315



Welcome to Equestria...where pegasi control the weather, the sun and the moon are moved by the celestial sisters....and where the Sky Army leader and some of his friends are now officially stuck.

  • ...
6
 196
 3,781

Who needs you?

"...so, in other words, the break was a terrible idea."
"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up."
"But hey, Jason and Ant made it out without strangling each other!"
"Yeah, but we had some pretty close calls, ya know?"
"Actually, we wouldn't considering that we weren't there. But it was expected to be close," Jordan said, snorting. Only Jason and Ant would compete to see who hated each other more.
Jordan got back to reading his book. His break had been reading, yes, but instead of reading books on the history of Equestria, he read some of the fictional books. Which were pretty good, considering they had been written by technicolored horses.
The pegasus gasped in horror as the creature swooped towards him, deadly as the shadows and heart black as night. It bared its teeth in a loud screech that makes the hair on the back of your neck raise, it's long sharp claws poised to kill.
"This...I can't believe this thing used to be my friend!" the pegasus thought, leaping out out of the way, the monster's sharp claws missing his face by a fraction of an inch. The evil aura that surrounded the monster was unmistakeable, pure darkness radiating from its heart. The monster turned back towards the pony, its purple eyes locked on its target. Its pupils dilated, and it sprang at the pegasus.
Suddenly, the sound of hoof steps on stone were heard, and a bright white unicorn burst into the room, followed by a small indigo pegasus.
"Leave our friend alone!" screamed the indigo pegasus, tackling the monster and drawing out a sharp knife that gleamed in the dim light illuminating the room, cast by the stark white unicorn who's presence seemed to fill up the room. The unicorn didn't even say anything as she drew out a golden battle axe, preparing to charge the monster.
The pegasus stood in awe of the two sisters, feeling eternally grateful. No one had ever done anything like this for him before. His entire life, he had been mocked, jeered at, and cast down upon. The fact that these two ponies were willing to risk their lives for him filled him with happiness all the way to the bone.
Of course, the happiness bestowed on him through this revelation caused him to utter the most intelligent answer ever known to ponydom: "Gee...thanks."
"You needeth not thank us," the white unicorn replied, blocking a hit from the creature. "Friends never abandon each other in thy times of urgency."
The pegasus blinked. "Friends always look out for each other..." he murmured, feeling a spark ignite inside of him as a feeling of realization washed over him.
"Jordan? Hello? Earth to the earth pony?"
Jordan blinked. "Huh? What?"
Bodil sighed, rolling his eyes. "Bookworm," he muttered, walking away and joining the rest of group, which had gathered to see Jason and Ant try to strangle each other to death.
Luna seemed especially enthusiastic about it.
Jordan rolled his eyes. What is so exciting about fighting that can't be found in books? I mean, sure, I guess the experience isn't as real and all, but honestly, I'd rather have a book.
He skipped a few chapters ahead, deciding to start on a new story rather than finish his old one. He would come back to it later.
"Do it, do it now."
The white wolf heard the echo of words all too familiar to him. A memory seared deep into his mind through the branding iron of grief resurfaced, and brought with it tears, still fresh as if his friend had died only just yesterday.

"A pool of blood at my paws, the scent of death heavy in the air....

No.
His death was not my fault. This death will not be, either. His death will be the fault of the demon who possessed him. Not mine.
In the end, no one wins, though. This will be the end of the war, but it shall come a great price."
Jordan promptly closed the book.

Jeez, he thought, shuddering. That was...unsettling. Almost like....I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.
Jordan turned his attention to the argument that Ant and Jason were having.
"I need you like a pain in the gut!"
"And i need you like a kick in the butt! You truly disgrace the army you come from!"
"Yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"Well, guess what? Because I need you like a hole in the head!"
"I need you like a bug in my bed! You constantly fight with the one that feeds you, so who needs you again?"
"Who needs you, you ugly bulgy creature? You're in that spacesuit all day, an airhead all the way! No one knows what you look like, and I think you should show. You could be a squid in disguise for all that we know!"
"Who needs you, you cloud busting weirdo? Your a scraggly bag of skin and you're as ugly as sin! You're mane's your finest feature, you stupid little creature. You're stupid and a bore, dragging your belly on the floor!"
"Okay, you win with the insults, but I win for most catchy."
"Hey! You do not."
"Who's going to stop me?"
"I am!" Jason immediately sprang at Ant, who was prepared for the attack. The two rolled around on the floor, screaming and yelling, while the rest of the ponies were doubled over in laughter.
Well, almost all of them.
"Amen, brother," Ty and Twilight said, each patting Jordan's shoulder reassuringly. "We know."