• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 764 Views, 7 Comments

Sisterly Lies - Emerald Ray



Queen Celestia has become corrupted, abusing her subjects with strict laws and unethical practices - why this sudden change of heart?

  • ...
2
 7
 764

Rough Hooves Journal

Date: 25th of Waters Ware, Year: 115

All is well in the country of our Queen Celestia.

Days are long - Nights weary. May this be, we are receiving an overabundance of the sun’s heat, It has made most of us very parch warm and tired, an effect I have named Sunstroke - a name many have adopted - and a name our queen is not amused by. I am finding our queen’s judgment to be not as admirable as we had thought.



Date: 11th of Greens Growth, Year: 115

Queen Celestia has greatly increased her anarchist rule over our home land. And has recently released a law that prohibits any disrespectful conversation concerning her majesty, this of which I have been accused of disloyalty as well as many others in my village. We are being sent to a court hearing in a one month’s time. I fear for my colleagues’ lives as well as my own.



Date: 19th of Greens Growth, Year: 115

An unexpected sickness has invoked our village, however, thankfully it is a non-infectious illness. Even so it has held most of us paralyzed and unfit to achieve simple tasks. I have been very worried and wonder where this sickness had originated. It was so abrupt, I do ponder if this sudden illness has any relevance to the rebellion. But this is just a theory. It seems I am losing faith in our leader, Star Swirl might not be as ‘righteous’ as he proclaims to be.



Date: 6th of New Summer's Eve, Year: 115

I kissed my wife good-bye hoping it was not the last. We are on our way to the city of Canterlot while I write this, gazing through the bars of this cast-iron carriage deciphering what will unveil soon enough. I sit with my close friends as two of them mock the queen. I have tried to lull their rants but they are stern, I can feel the hatred expelling for them - It is most discomforting. Hope is all we have.



Date: 3nd of Frosts Froth, Year: 127

(I had assumed I would never find this book again, it’s good to be wrong. So much has happen over these long years. Where shall I begin?)

Continuing from where I had left off: we arrived in Canterlot around midnight, fires blazed across the landscape, it was bedlam; ponies ran from the collapsing buildings as fire stallions hopelessly striven to halt the fires fiery. We trotted by these scenes as I conjectured why there was such anarchy, but only later would I uncover the shadows that portrayed upon the musky streets. The guards guided us to the courthouse and it was quite obvious that we were not the only ones present; Corner to corner the room was bustling with‘criminals’ – it had seem Celestia was busy with something after all.

(The torches have been lit and the soldiers march this way - I will continue this entry later.)



Date: 29th of Frosts Froth, Year: 127

(As of recent we crossed swords with some old friends, we lost some good men. But their lives did not go in vain. Not only was the battle won but we uncovered some new information on the wizard's location. With this we will be preparing a squadron to scout the location he is supposedly hidden at. If they return positive, we will ready an army to ambush the fort. I will have my vengeance soon enough.)

But beside this news, let me furthermore continue my story:

We were summoned to the head of the court, the supreme judge and her secretaries murmured to one another while we stood there, she sentenced us ten years in the city prison and sent us forth. My colleagues and I shuddered in fear, ten years might as well been a life time, and for some time I could not come to terms with it. By the third year I had gone mad. While I myself cannot remember what exactly happened in those seven years from what my friends had informed me It was nothing less than lunatic. And only through constant therapy and some magical medicine did I ever recover, the conditions in that prison...in that prison.



Date: 13th of Waters Ware, Year: 127

(Nightmare Moon has just bestowed upon me the rank of General as well as a leadership along her majesty; what a tremendous honor. Oh how I do admire our new queen.)

It was the seventh year and it seemed the days were becoming more extensive every month, while my friends and I lingered in our cells we over heard the guards speaking of a ‘breach in security’ it had appeared that the rebels had stolen an element of harmony - and from our knowledge this news meant that Princess Luna had a vague chance to negate her sisters dynasty. My friends quietly cheered and began to theorize what could become of this. At this point the hatred for Celestia had grown strong within me as well.



Date: 25th of Waters Ware, Year: 127

(This is a glorious day, our spies have come back with a positive location on the whereabouts of the illustrious Star Swirl the Bearded, we will be fortifying our army - the ambush beckons at dawn.)

Is it hard to conceive to this very day. Princess Luna (Newly dubbed as Nightmare Moon) attacked. We heard a loud thunder-like Crack as the winds roared through the lush trees, it had seemed all of Canterlot heard the devilish laughter of the nefarious mare. We shuddered in fear yet rejoiced in glee - for we knew what fate impeded the sun goddess. Every guard in the prison had marched to the Castle for that matter every royal guard in the city, my friends and I scampered to the only barred window in the cell and what we witnessed was ghastly; Hundreds of Nightmare Moon's Soldiers flickered from the shimmering moon as they hurtled towards the sisters Castle. Meanwhile on the floor hundreds of Royal Guards stood steadfast ready to protect, and we watched so eager to behold what came to pass.



Date: 30th of Greens Growth, Year: 127

(I simply must update this journal more often but with the busyness of my new title it’s seems I will have to postpone any entries for a time, thankfully however I do have time for an entry as of now.)

We watched as the stallions fought, it was a calamity - the Royal Guards fought a good fight but their forces were greatly outmatched as Nightmare Moon’s power greatly exceeded that of any unicorn, and sure enough the Rebels were victorious. The hundred or so of them cheered as the Black Queen claimed her throne. Later that day we were set free thus forced to join the ever growing Rebellion. As my friends were elated I was not too pleased with the idea.



Date: 2nd of New Summer's Eve, Year: 128

I cannot believe this, our queen, it was all a lie; Celestia’s corruption, the slaughter of my family, and the malevolent actions of Star Swirl! I don’t understand how, for I thought Nightmare Moon sought what we aspired, but behold she is a deceitful wench! I must take action for I am the only one who knows of her wickedness, It seems from what I have heard her sister was imprisoned in the most protected dungeon in all of Equestria, but its location is unknown...for now.



Date: 10th of New Summer's Eve, Year: 128

I lurked into the Black Queens living quarters and have found several documents referring to the locations of the dungeon and from what has been read it seems the location lays within the bedrock upon the Soaring Mountains. I am unsure of adventuring to the Soaring Mountains for its ledges can be quiet treacherous, but unsure or not Celestia’s salvation must ensue.



Date: 5th of Midsummer's Eve, Year: 128

I have tricked the Black Queen convincing her that I have discovered where the Wizard had retreated to, I and a team of twenty stallions will travel onto the Mountains, while there I will sneak away and proceed forth to the dungeon. Celestia help me.

We have trend far unto the dangerous ledges and slopes, but I am nearing my exit way. In addition the stallions that bear along with me are becoming exceedingly worry-sum which is most distressful.

I have a stray from the group I can see the lonely wooden door from here.

I have entered the bedrock chamber - now to investigate.

Down a long spiral staircase lays a large gold door, marked upon it is Queen Celestia’s cutie mark, it is most peculiar, I will attempt to open the door using some powerful scrolls I had acquired from Star Swirl long ago. I will update as soon as I discover the enchantments that ward this door.

I've discovered the spell to release the ward, it lifts as I write...but with all of the power Nightmare Moon wields I can't understand why the ward was so...pathetic.



Date: 9th of Midsummer's Eve, Year: 128

The Black Queen has been banished and harmony binds this land once more. A festival commences in Canterlot, supposedly this celebration will become a yearly holiday, as the newly deemed Princess Celestia will raise the dawning sun for all to see to sight her willingness and humbleness. I gaze out a window with a perfect view of the festivities. Such a beautiful thing, happiness, something I may not be able to feel again. I deserve every portion of my punishment for I was so foolish.

This will be my last entry.



Date: 28th of Greens Growth, Year: 140

Oh our beloved Celestia how we ought for you in the darkest time and how we galloped with you in your greatest victories and feared you in all of your glorious power over this blessed land, but what have we done when you cry for our aid? Nothing, we lay our hooves on this land you gave us and forsake you, mock you, and conspire against you. Princess Celestia I bid you a long life of plenty, you may have confined me to these four walls for the rest of my days but I have a sense of freedom the likes of I have never experienced. Glory to our merciful princess.

Comments ( 7 )

Congratulations! This story has officially been deemed a Ruby by The Gem Hunters!

Just fix up a few grammar errors here and there, and you're good to go!

That doesn't seem merciful at the end there.

7440107 Lol, nope! But these were the early days of the sisters, they were less merciful back then, as we can observe from the show.

7444556 Too bad they lost their spines since then. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment