• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 447 Views, 3 Comments

Slices from the Mind - Pump It Up



A compilation of various snippets and partially-written ideas.

  • ...
4
 3
 447

Nightmare Moon in Wonderland

There was a table set out under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it: a Dormouse was sitting between them, fast asleep, and the other two were using it as a cushion, resting their elbows on it, and talking over its head. 'Very uncomfortable for the Dormouse,' thought Alice; 'only, as it's asleep, I suppose it doesn't mind.'

But the Dormouse did mind, for it was a weakened Nightmare Moon, and DID NOT take kindly to the fact that she was in the presence of idiots. They shall regret the day they ever found me in the toilet. (That was a rather touchy subject.) Her anger had finally come up to here; the two morons had stuffed her in a teapot the other day, and when she sent monsters after them, they just invited them to tea!

So, with Alice in attendance, Nightmare Moon shouted, ‘I shan't take it anymore!’ She transformed into her true form, continuing, ‘You foals! You are in the presence of your new ruler! Bow before me!’

‘Ooo, royalty!’ said the Mad Hatter.

‘We've never had royalty before! How do they act?’ asked the March Hare.

‘Do they like tea?’ The Hatter poured tea through his sleeve and into his teacup.

‘Oh my, royalty!’ Alice curtsied. ‘Your majesty.’

‘SOMEpony understands,’ Nightmare said, glaring at the other two.

‘So no tea? How about a biscuit? I believe we have some around here somewhere...’ the Mad Hatter said.

Nightmare Moon stomped her hoof on the table. ‘You imbeciles! Don't you realise this is no way to treat your superiors?!’

‘Superiors. I like that word,’ the Hare said.

The alicorn buried her head in her hooves. ‘I can't win with you two.’

‘Were we playing a game?’ the Hare inquired.

‘Why didn't anyone tell me!’ exclaimed the Hatter. ‘I would have put out the game tablecloth!’

For the first time in her existence, Nightmare Moon began to cry.

Comments ( 1 )

7582189
The original gif is what really freaked me out. The eyes move, flitting from one invisible object to the rest, in a way that's too realistic for me. Trying to find the source of the picture brought up a lot of other creepy and disturbing images that seemed like grimdark fanart. Most of it probably was. Then again, I'm not as desensitized as other people on this site. So.

Thank you! I didn't expect anybody to find these any good. The one I was the most confident was Civilization, but the others, I wasn't as sure about. It seems like you enjoyed them all, though.

And what do you mean? For these flash fictions I have published, they were supposed to be short and self-contained. Perhaps it's the description that confused you (I've edited it). There's not much that could be done to expand them. Although. I guess Civilization could be a scene in another story sometime. So there's that.

Again, thanks for enjoying my story! I've been inactive so long that I was afraid it'd completely fly under the radar. Your comment means the world to me.

Login or register to comment