• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 943 Views, 12 Comments

What I Must Do - Saviour From The Dark



After the battle that determined the fate of Equestria, a cataclysmic event, Salvatore now embarks upon a new journey to find his master Yamamoto. To do this he has taken Distruttore's offer to decend into Hell and learn the Warriors path every

  • ...
4
 12
 943

The Art of Demons

What I Must Do

The Art of Demons

The flickering flames were so close, as though they licked the flesh so close to it, as Salvatore and Distruttore sat cross legged by in front of the fire. They were sat next to each other, the Demon tutoring the Archangel, currently Distruttore was going over how to properly wrap one's hands with a long strand of rope. There was a serene silence within the dimly lit room as the Archangel learned from the silent movements and gestures of his mentor.

Both of them had received a few mild injuries from their first ever sparring session, a few cut and bruises here and there, however Distruttore simply told his pupil "I know a place" and that was all he said. The Demon had to muffle a few laughs when Salvatore was wrapping his hands for the first time which was not bad yet Distruttore wanted to train the boy right. Although at first understanding the specific order of first knotting the rope four times to be placed over the knuckles bewildered Salvatore at first, watching Distruttore wrap his hands with so much ease and speed made his eyes shine in wonder, after he got that right they both went through wrapping around the hand to secure the knots, since the rope they used was long they wrapped it around their wrists and forearms until only a loose end was left just below the elbow. Distruttore showed Salvatore how to tuck the loose end into the wrap which ended, as where the loose end did, below the elbow.

Distruttore smiled warmly at his student and could see a gleam in his eyes."Form a fist..."

Salvatore did so and the knots faced outwards from his knuckles, providing a rather intimidating improvement upon a bare handed strike. It was tight yet it was not uncomfortable...The Archangel looked over his now wrapped hands, clenching his fists time after time to test the new sensation. "I have never come across any style or technique which requires neither asks the practitioner to bind their hands..." Distruttore waited slightly discomforted, thinking Salvatore was not taking a liking to the Demons Ways. "This is...Amazing! So new and different! I wonder what applications this hand binding could provide!"

Now all the Demon could do as a seemingly very excited Archangel bounced around the room executing various flying kicks was watch with a gaping mouth......This then turned into a sort of smile which came from a certain kind of happiness...This happiness came from something akin to parenthood......Being a teacher. Watching his pupil succeed at his first lesson and to see him taking to it so quickly was a sight that made the Demon swell with pride knowing that his last pupil just may be the greatest he has every taught.

"What are we doing next!" The crimson Demon shook his head and jumped slightly when the Archangel was right in front of him. 'This boy...'

Distruttore chuckled and placed a huge hand on Salvatore's shoulder. "Now we eat! You may not be tired but this Demon is quite old".

"Of course Master and old? Tell that to the army you defeated". He would of told his new student that it was he who saved Equestria yet after the Archangels words sunk in he let his students words warm him.

"I believe that will be the last 'fate of the world' deciding battle I will ever fight in, hahahahaha!" Salvatore even found himself laughing with his new mentor...It was funny to think they once wanted to only kill each other. "Lets go to the dining hall!"

After ascending out of the training room Distruttore led his student down a hallway then through a door which was crafted from the near black oak which made the rest of the furniture in the Manor. They went through said door and were met with a reasonably long dinner table which held the largest and most enticing foods ever to hit Salvatore's sense of smell. "I had my cooks prepare a large meal before sending them home. Also I believe my daughter will be home soon...She will indeed be hungry".

"How can you tell she will be back?"

"Oh it's a fathers instinct , trust me".

The two took seats close to each other before diving straight into the feast before them, though they were different in blood and age, the two found that there was not much difference between them nor anything they disputed about. It was as thought the two were simply bound to be friends, no matter how long it took for them to meet, as they discussed with each other about honour, morals and others matters alike they found naught but agreement, yes different views yet none the less agreement.

It was during this relaxed time that Salvatore took a moment to think how things were going in Equestria without him.......

"This day could not POSSIBLY get any worse!"

Celestia slammed her head into her desk after reading THAT damn letter! The Princess couldn't process how much was happening right now...First a outer world attack on Equestria then Salvatore leaves without a trace and NOW! Now the Emperor of the Imperial Griffin Empire has accused her of developing MAGICAL SUPER WEAPONS!

The mass amount of losses and damage done to Equestria after the attack was thankfully restored thanks to whatever magic the Angels have at their disposal however her people are now frightened and have become divided, a tragedy for for the ruler to witness. Many ponies have sent petitions and even protested outside the Castle walls demanding a stronger military force to prevent another attack, her peaceful subjects so easily seduced by the comfort of the sword. Not only where there demands for a full revamp on their forces but there has been word of multiple cults around Equestria spreading their influence......and it was spreading quickly, thankfully, Luna took up the task of rounding up a investigation team and finding out just what these cults intentions were furthermore what in the hay they are putting into ponies heads to amass so many followers.

Celestia rubbed her head with her shoe-less hooves, hoping somehow it would magically drain all the stress away which was ironic since she was a goddess who could lower and raise the sun. After a few moments of staring at a blank sheet of paper in contemplation the Princess began writing her reply to the Emperor. After doing so she rolled it up and tied a ribbon around it before stamping it with the official royal seal, as is customary with a message of such importance. She placed it on her desk and went to her door which sealed her in her currently dark candle-lit room which she, personally, needed considering the piles of paperwork and petitions she had to "formally" reply too.

Princess Celestia burst out of her door, she was on a mission and no pony was going to stop her, her serious face in place and ready to take action. "Luna! We have work to do!"