• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 2,028 Views, 28 Comments

To be an Invader - FaelaArts



Wormholes are often unpredictable, unless your an Irken that is. Zim was expecting the wormhole, what he wasn't expecting was Dib to get lucky and shoot him into it just as he shot Dib in. Stupid Dib.

  • ...
3
 28
 2,028

Everybody likes Tacos.

“So Zim, how long until you build this thing to find the wormhole we need to get home?” Dib looked around the crash site as Zim leapt out of the broken ship and toward the Irken device he was building in another section of the crash site. Zim’s antenna rose as he pointed toward a machine that was standing next to Gir.

“Already finished it, it’s right over there.” Zim pulled out a interstellar flux capacitor from his pile of parts and went to put it into the device he was currently making. Attaching the wire, he frowned as Gir began to sing the doom song again.

“Oh! That’s great, then why aren’t we on our way home?” Dib glanced to Gir as the robot opened his mouth and inserted what looked like a taco. Blinking, he shook his head and folded his arms as he faced Zim, who was currently going through his scrap pile for something.

“Gir turned it into a taco machine.” Zim glanced to Gir and narrowed his eyes. The robot has caused him to have to restart his entire construction over again many times before. Zim knew he had to keep a close eyes on this version. Turning back to his pile, he saw the infusion matrix that would hopefully travel through any open wormholes and find a signal to the tallest. If not he could always try breaking a few laws of physics.

“Right, great, uh.” Dib looked toward the town where the fires were still raging out of control and sighed. With nothing else to do, he wondered why Zim would want to send him to this universe of all places. Turning, he opened his mouth and took a step toward Zim.

“Why did you want to send me here anyway Zim? Surely there were plenty of wormholes with mooses or something right?” Dib watched Zim raise his head and glance toward him, one antenna raised. Dib watched Zim return to putting in what looked like a large steering wheel to the side of the machine.

“Wormholes with no forks in them are rare Dib. This was the only one available this year. I wanted to ensure you could not bust out once you got caught in it’s pull.” Zim put in the final piece and stepped back to double check his work. To a human it probably looked like a large trash can, but to Zim it was perfect.

Turning the wheel on the side, the lid flipped over, supported by a large thick wire as it came to a halt. The sides of the bin flattened, and expanded to reveal a large flat screen as the bottom flipped over showing a grid of glowing lines. Zim pressed a button on the side of the grid, and the screen flickered to life, a floating keyboard appearing over the grid.

Zim pressed a few keys, and then leaned back and looked at the makeshift dish as it began to move around, scanning the sky. Eventually, the screen buzzed to life, and static showed on the screen. As it began to clear, two tall Irkens, one with purple eyes and clothes, and the other with red eyes and clothes, slowly swam into view.

“What is it Zim,” the red one spoke, taking a sip from his drink as he glanced to the purple one. Both shared a look of annoyance as Zim saluted. Both looked in the background and saw a burning city, a human, and the robot they had given Zim.

“My tallest, I have crash landed after passing through a wormhole while trying to rid Earth of the stupid meatmonkey named Diiib. I need access to the Irken mainframe to my co ordinates before the link between these two universes closes and it changes.” Zim waited patiently as the two muttered to each other, blinking and not saying a word. Dib slowly approached the monitor, hoping to catch some of the conversation, but was too slow in doing so.

“Uhh well we’re sorry but the uh wormhole emergency access...thingy is currently broken.” The purple one smiled at the red one and winked. Dib frowned, and glanced to Zim. As usual, Zim either didn’t seem to notice or didn’t care.

“That is fine, my tallest, when can I expect the repairs to be complete?” Zim watched as once more they discussed his words. Dib leaned in, able to catch some of the muffled words this time.

We can’t say forever, he’d get suspicious. How long is the longest lifespan? A thousand? Right, ok” The purple one turned once more to Zim and mocked a wincing face.

“Oooh I’m really sorry Zim but it’s gonna be at least two thousand years before it can be complete. I’m afraid you’re stuck there for the remainder of your life.” Purple turned to glance out of view of the monitor and began making choking gestures with his claw.

“Wait you can’t leave us here to die!” Dib began banging on the monitor, gaining the two’s attention once more. They both gave a mocking smile as they leaned toward the camera.

“Very sorry, your life will not be in vain you will be remembered for generations as a proud Irken warrior yada yada have a good day.” And with that, the screen went black. Dib looked to Zim and began to shake him as the panic set in.

“You can’t just accept that Zim! Surely there's a way to get us back out? Zim?” Dib watched Zim as he raised an arm, and shoved him into the ground, taking a step back and giving a short laugh before turning to look back at the machine as it slowly packed itself away.

“Of course there is you stupid, stupid human. I’ll just have to create a device that will transmit to the Irken mainframe from here and get the co-ordinates without help from the tallest.” Zim began dismantling his machine, looking at all the parts he had available as he worked out what he would need to make the device. Frowning, he wondered if it might be easier to just send for the plans using his device first. Shaking his head, he returned to his work, he didn’t need blueprints, he was Zim after all.

“Why didn’t you do that in the first place then?” Dib glanced around the wreckage, noticing that Gir had vanished. Turning to look at the city, he narrowed his eyes as he saw something flying around in the sky that was quickly dousing the fires. Turning to look back at Zim, he realised he was being ignored.

“You’re not going to answer me are you.”

“Why would I answer such a repulsing creature?”