• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 1,212 Views, 29 Comments

Forbidden love - RustyKat



A royal guard, and his love struggle to stay together, after a big event separates them.

  • ...
12
 29
 1,212

Cupid's arrows

It was a dark sunrise in Ponyville. Clouds lounged lazily in the sky, a purplish-pink color as the sun slowly rose. The ponies in the town milled to and fro with the things they were doing. A small sigh came from one of the royal guards, as he shifted his weight from one hoof to another. I wish I could do something other than stand guard everyday at this castle. :ajbemused: Nothing ever fun goes on around here..... The white Pegasus resumed guarding, as he pushed some of his blue mane out of his face. Suddenly, there was a flash of brown, followed by a crash. "I wonder what that was." So he set out to investigate. As he followed the path of wreckage, through a few new downed trees and churned up soil, there was something sitting in a crater. He drew closer, cautious, and spear ready.... but the brown pile of apparently all feathers didn't move. Curious, he crept closer, until when he caught the cracked hurt feathered-beak face of the downed broken creature, he gave an astonished gasp.

I..I... I must help them! They could be hurt... He got closer, and found out it was a Griffion, the armor she wore a twisted dented mess of sculpted metal. The feathers were damaged, and there were some nasty looking wounds. One of the claws was broken, still grasping her weapon, a silver sword. The sword was stained with something that looked an awful lot like blood. StormFlash saw this, and gave a small shudder. I.... It's a griffon! What's a griffon doing anyway in ponyville? :rainbowhuh: But none less, he decided that she needed a safe place to rest, until she woke up, and got better. I better take her to my house... in case somepony did this to her.
Taking the surprisingly heavy griffion on his back, he headed home. I hope the princesses don't mind i skipped work today.... if I explained, they'd probably understand. Hell, if I got fired, I wouldn't care. :applejackunsure: There's always other jobs I can take.... and here are plenty guards in ponyville.

He flared his wings and gained altitude in the air. His wings worked much harder with his heavy load, and he began to doubt the decision. His mind swam with unanswered questions as he flew through gentle warm currents of air. But one stuck out from the rest. What is she doing in ponyville? The answer that would soon come would change his life forever as a royal guard of Ponyville.