• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 1,109 Views, 21 Comments

Pony Emblem - Alkem



The tale of a band of ponies who came to the newly formed kingdom of Equestria in its hour of peril.

  • ...
0
 21
 1,109

Prologue

Over the years, surpassing countless hurtles and conflicts, the pony tribes had persevered and spread themselves throughout the land to form the nations that encompass it today.

Nestled in its center was the newly established kingdom of Equestria. A kingdom developed with the ideal of uniting all ponies to live together in peace and harmony. Still developing but ripe with potential, its quick advancements showed the nations surrounding it that Equestria was a formidable nation in its own right. Thanks to the combined efforts of earth, unicorn and pegasi ponies and the wise leadership of its council of elder ponies, the capital city of Canterlot was quickly recognized by its neighbors.

Despite the fact that Equestria possessed ponies from all three tribe who could do the tasks the individual tribes once horded to themselves, the three tribes continued to maintain their independence. The mentalities of the old ways had been ingrained in them for too long to accept such a change. Although nearly obliterated by the blizzard that led to Equestria's formation, these nations maintained their old ways and continued onward to what was now an unsure future.

To the jagged mountain range northeast of Equestria, lies the Kingdom of Crystalia. Home to the unicorn tribe, it was led by its aging King Platinum. Being ponies of high society and sophistication, they thought their tribe superior because of their magical abilities. Surrounded by the treacherous but breathtaking gem encrusted mountain peaks, the capital city of Diamond Dust was a naturally protected city of beauty.

To Equestria's south and southeastern region was the fertile land of Terrahoof, which was home to the hardworking earth ponies. With their former Chancellor, Pudding Head, leaving to becoming one of the founders of Equestria, the nation was undergoing elections to find the next pony suited to lead. Ponies known the world over for their diligence, hard work strength and incredibly thick heads, the election process did not appear to have an end in sight.

To the west was the Pegasi's militaristic sovereignty of Pegalith. A nation built in the clouds, this proud race of battle hardened winged warriors occasionally clashed against their neighbors to their north. Under a collective of high ranking military leaders, this empire, which encompassed the land it floated over, looked down on the other pony tribes from their posts on high.

The Northwest region belonged to the Grifdalia Empire. Where its Queen, Lady Taloon, had led her griffon people to greatness in the rugged oceanic cliffs they called home. They feud endlessly against their pegasi neighbors to south.

To the east of Equestria, nestled between Crystalia and Terrahoof, was the mysterious nation that belonged to the dragons, Korth Inik. A mystery to the rest of the world, the dragons lived in seclusion deep within the harsh inhospitable desert. Brave adventurers have ventured into its unwelcoming deserts. Those who managed to return told tales of the wild dragons that roamed the sands, viciously attacking anything in their sight. Those tales have made desires to find the drake kingdom, if it still existed, scarce.

There were great changes taking place in this time of teetering peace and the kingdom of Equestria found itself leaning over the precipice of greatness and calamity.