• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 886 Views, 14 Comments

Electronic Heart Beat - Nightlock106



This is a story that I'm working on to try to develop a new life view to the oh so famous Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
2
 14
 886

Chapter 4: Bright Lights Big City

"Mom, I'm home," I called as I entered our house. "Mom, you here? Hello?"

I looked on the kitchen counter. There was a note, addressed to me no less.

"Vinyl,

I'm gonna be gone for a couple of days. Here's 200 bits and a list of things that need to be done. I'll be home soon. Take care of your brother while I'm gone.

With lots of love,

Mom

P.S: There's some leftovers from last night in the fridge if you're hungry,"

"That's all I ever do, even when you're dumb ass is home," I said, completely ignoring the post script.

I heated up the food and ate in silence. Why does mom always have to do this? She takes off and doesn't come back for a week. I hate her. I wish she would just die.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of my brother crying from his room. I got up, leaving my food untouched. I walked into his room and got him out of his crib.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. Mommy's here," I said, calming him down.

He looked up at me and smiled. I began to cry, hold him in my hooves. I stood there crying until my eyes were hurting. Then came his soft innocent voice. "Momma, don't cry." It only made me cry even more.

I woke up, still on the train to Canterlot. It was just a dream.

I had left from Ponyville an hour before.

"Pinkie Pie, I want you to look after my brother while I'm away," I said, giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

"I'll do my best," she said with a smile.

"I don't know how long I'm gonna be gone, but I'll make sure to write every day."

With that and one last kiss to her and my brother, I grabbed my things and got on the train. I waved goodbye as the train was pulling out of the station. Pinkie Pie trotting along, trying to keep up until she reached the end of the platform. I began to get tears in my eyes as I left.

"Well Vinyl, this is the first step to reaching your dreams," I thought to myself.

We arrived in Canterlot shortly after I woke. I got off the train and set my things down on the platform and took a look around. Canterlot has always been a beautiful city. The streets paved with gold, buildings that shined brighter than diamonds. In the distance stood the castle of Princess Celestia herself. A wonderful sight

"Excuse me," I said, tapping a stallion on the shoulder.

He took a look at me and turned his nose up, "May I help you?"

"Do you know how I might be able to get to Aftermath Records?"

He pointed to a small kiosk that had maps of the city on it. I looked at him and shrugged. Stuck up much? I grabbed one of the maps and made my way to Aftermath.

It didn't take long for me to get to the studio. I stood at the door for a few seconds, taking in the sight. It wasn't as big as some the buildings in Manehatten, but it was amazing. It was painted red and gold, on each side stood the logo in shinning silver letters. I walked in the door and up to the front desk.

"Excuse me miss," I said.

"Yes?"

"I'm looking for Gold Star, where might I be able to find him?"

"Do you have an appointment?"

"A what?"

"An appointment."

"No."

"No appointment, no business. Have a nice day."

"You don't understand, I sent him my demo CD a little while ago. Not long after I got a letter telling me to be here by today."

"How lovely, now get out."

I stormed out of the building, smacking my flank and sticking my tongue out at the lady at the front desk. She didn't react, other than just start typing away at her computer.

I sat outside the building with nothing better to do. Minutes began to feel like hours., hours like days, days like weeks, weeks like...Well you get the idea. I waited outside that building for about an hour when a limo pulled up. The window rolled down, and the stallion behind glanced at me from behind his shades.

"Are you Vinyl?" he asked.

"Yes sir."

"Welcome to Aftermath Records," he said stepping out of the car. "My name is Neon, but most ponies call me, DJ UnRaTeD."

I began to get star struck.

"Gold Star handed me your CD after he listened to it. I've got to say, you have a lot of talent young lady."

"Thank you," I said, blushing.

"Let me take you to see Gold Star, he should be in his office."

"I already tried, but the lady at the front desk wouldn't let me see him."

"Don't mind her, she did the samething to me when I first started out. C'mon, let's go in," he said opening the door for me.

I stepped inside, giving a slight bow as thanks. We approached the lady at the front desk again.

She stared at me coldly, "I already told you, no appointment, no business. Now good... Oh Mr.UnRaTeD, so nice to see you. Please don't tell me you know this hellion."

"As a matter of fact I do, this is Vinyl Scratch, aka DJ Pon3. She's the young filly I told you about."

"Oh my, I'm so sorry Ms. Scratch. Had you said who you were, I would've sent you straight to Mr. Star. My deepest apologies."

"'S all good. Just next time, ask before you go all business on somepony," I said, playing it coy.

UnRaTeD lead me to the elevator and we went up to Gold Star's office. It was a long way up, about 80 floors. But boy was the view amazing. I looked over at UnRaTeD, with obvious excitement in my eyes.

"Never been up this high?" he asked.

"No sir Mr. UnRaTeD."

"Please call me Neon."

I giggles like a young foal. I leaned in and gave him a passionate kiss. He leaned into me, pushing his tongue into my mouth. We made out the whole way up. It was enough to leave any filly breathless. We got to the 50th floor when I broke the kiss.

"This isn't right," I said, immediately realizing what I had done.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, Neon, don't get mad, but, I kind of have a marefriend back home."

"Oh," he said, a flat expression fixed on his face.

"Look, I'm so sorry I just don't know what came over me. I ju-" I started, before feeling his tongue venture into my mouth again.

He pulled away, "It's alright, I don't mind dating a girl who already has somepony in her life."

I couldn't say or do anything other than lean in again and kiss him once more.

"This isn't right," I thought. "I already have a very special somepony back home. I love her with all my heart. Or, maybe I really don't. I mean just look at what I'm doing. I'm in an elevator making out with somepony that I just met. But, it feels so good. Having a stallion actually love me. I've never felt like this before. But, it's wrong to keep going."

I pulled away from the kiss, "Look, let's just keep this between us."

He just looked at me flatly, " You still thinking about your very special somepony?"

"Yeah. Can we just stand here in silence? I need to sort everything out."

"Fair enough."

The rest of the ride was uneventful. I stood there trying to sort everything in my mind. I love Pinkie Pie, but I love Neon as well. Is it the fact that I'm still young that's making me want love no matter how fast I jump into it? Or is it that I can't keep one relation without starting another? I didn't know. The only thing that was for sure was, this was going to be one complicated love triangle.